Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Arsenal Talk/Gossip/Rumours Thread 2013/14 mod warning post #5144

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,333 ✭✭✭bad2dabone

And then when that's over, Mike and Niall pop in a for a chat in their Pool jerseys!

just a chat like, just a talk, a couple o lads talking about football, not on a wind up or anything. "So do you think lads if you'd have scored more goals you would have won the cup final?"
    "would you prefer the cup or 4th in the league lads!?"
    "i think Wenger's a great man and manager. He's an absolute disgrace. Ah I'm sorry about that"

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,382 ✭✭✭✭greendom

I have little interest in the Cup but i'll go in for the row.:D

No interest in the Cup - you sound like a young'un! :D

No interest in Charlie George scoring that screamer against Liverpool ?

No interest in Alan Sunderland's last minute winner against United ?

some of Arsenal's greatest moments have been in the cup. How can you have little interest ?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,012 ✭✭✭✭Alfred Borden

David McDonnell ‏@DiscoMirror 4m
    David Silva has an ankle injury and is a major doubt for Man City's trip to Arsenal on Saturday. Full story on @MirrorFootball #MCFC #AFC

Some good news

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 52,428 ✭✭✭✭tayto lover

greendom wrote: »

some of Arsenal's greatest moments have been in the cup. How can you have little interest ?

I reckon these cup competitions are incidental and the league is where its at.
    38 games against the best teams in the land not trips to Fleetwood or Yeovil.
    The way you prove you're the best is by beating the other 19 best teams. When I was younger I watched the Cup Finals but i feel that the gloss was taken out of it when Man Utd were allowed out of it to play in some other tournament years ago. Some teams don't take it seriously and play weakened teams a bit like we did in the League cup (Coca Cola or whatever its called now).

• Registered Users Posts: 1,553 ✭✭✭Spanish Johnny

True - some iconic moments. And a chance to equal United at the top of the Roll of Honour.

I know its only the charity shield but i really miss the days we would always open up the season by being in it. :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 4,940 ✭✭✭omega man

keano_afc wrote: »
    Anyway, something else I wanted to suggest. Anyone up for a forum get together to watch the cup final if we make it?

I'll be the one with the over sized glasses and a fake moustache behind a broadsheet newspaper in the corner. Boards anonymity and all that :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 52,428 ✭✭✭✭tayto lover

Ramsey's 6 weeks out has now stretched to 3 months and counting.
    Don't think we'll see him again until next season.

http://www1.skysports.com/football/news/11670/9235273/arsene-wenger-insists-arsenal-must-be-patient-with-aaron-ramsey

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,462 ✭✭✭✭WoollyRedHat

We really need an Arsenal tropes/ bingo at this stage,anyone willing to come up with some.

I'l start: Player X is out with y injury, will not be expected back for about 3 weeks.

Outcome: Player out for 3 months, gets injured in his comeback.

Raf32 wrote: »
    Some good news

Silva is the City player I always fear the most.

• Advertisement

Ramsey's 6 weeks out has now stretched to 3 months and counting.
    Don't think we'll see him again until next season.

http://www1.skysports.com/football/news/11670/9235273/arsene-wenger-insists-arsenal-must-be-patient-with-aaron-ramsey

what the **** goes on in our medical department? are they all vets or dentists or something? it's a farce.

I reckon these cup competitions are incidental and the league is where its at.
    38 games against the best teams in the land not trips to Fleetwood or Yeovil.
    The way you prove you're the best is by beating the other 19 best teams. When I was younger I watched the Cup Finals but i feel that the gloss was taken out of it when Man Utd were allowed out of it to play in some other tournament years ago. Some teams don't take it seriously and play weakened teams a bit like we did in the League cup (Coca Cola or whatever its called now).

True and none more guilty than us at times too.

However this year we have beaten as close to full strength Spurs, Liverpool and Everton teams and still are only at the semi-final stage where irrespective of the opposition it will be put up to you.

So if we are to win it we will have had a tricky route and be a worthy win.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,828 ✭✭✭gosplan

bad2dabone wrote: »
    what the **** goes on in our medical department? are they all vets or dentists or something? it's a farce.

Just had a look there. We have perhaps the best midfield in the premiership out injured

Wilshire/Ramsey
    Walcott/Diaby/Ozil

Well maybe Chelsea or City have a better starting midfield but FFS!!!

Silva is the City player I always fear the most.

Yup with him and Aguero out they arent as quick through the middle up top. Navas will be bursting through us though :pac:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 613 ✭✭✭Y2KBOS86

Right I'm going for it.

Give Wenger another 2 years to finally spend the money available.

I actually still believe in him despite some of my posts.

And if anyone can quiten certain fans on this thread, it's him.

Realistically we still don't have the money.

To play Wenger's game ie no tactics like Real Madrid we would need a
    great striker 40mill, good midfielder 30mill, good left back 25mill, great winger 25 mill.

Plus pay them all 100 - 150k a week for 5 years, so another 30 mill a season.

That's 150 mill there

If we lose a few like Sagna, Verm, Nick we need to replace them on top of what we need to challenge

Doesn't look good.

Plus Rosicky, Arteta, Cazorla, Sagna, Podolski ( lost so much pace from his youth ) are all past there prime imo.

Below are your signings jacksparrow.

The finest youth players Iran can offer.

http://metro.co.uk/2014/03/27/arsenal-make-2million-offer-for-iranian-lionel-messi-sardar-azmoun-4680498/

Wenger will never change :mad:

Just hope demiceles gets sent off. We'd stand a chance then :)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,569 ✭✭✭Nemeses2050

Just hope demiceles gets sent off. We'd stand a chance then :)

Is Company available to them? did he not get a red card recently?

• Subscribers Posts: 32,855 ✭✭✭✭5starpool

Yup with him and Aguero out they arent as quick through the middle up top. Navas will be bursting through us though :pac:

Isn't Aguero rumoured to be available this weekend? Toure in the form he is in will be the main worry for ye I reckon.

Y2KBOS86 wrote: »
    Realistically we still don't have the money.

To play Wenger's game ie no tactics like Real Madrid we would need a
    great striker 40mill, good midfielder 30mill, good left back 25mill, great winger 25 mill.

Plus pay them all 100 - 150k a week for 5 years, so another 30 mill a season.

That's 150 mill there

If we lose a few like Sagna, Verm, Nick we need to replace them on top of what we need to challenge

Doesn't look good.

Plus Rosicky, Arteta, Cazorla, Sagna, Podolski ( lost so much pace from his youth ) are all past there prime imo.

Below are your signings jacksparrow.

The finest youth players Iran can offer.

http://metro.co.uk/2014/03/27/arsenal-make-2million-offer-for-iranian-lionel-messi-sardar-azmoun-4680498/

Wenger will never change :mad:
    I don't think we'd need that many players but we pretty much have enough to cover those expenses with the extra TV and sponsorship even before considering the savings made on wages and money in from transfer fees for the players they'd replace.

• Advertisement

5starpool wrote: »
    Isn't Aguero rumoured to be available this weekend? Toure in the form he is in will be the main worry for ye I reckon.

hoping he only makes the bench :pac: ya toure is gonna destroy arteta and flamini, the horrors even thinking about it

• Registered Users Posts: 5,756 ✭✭✭emergingstar

hoping he only makes the bench :pac: ya toure is gonna destroy arteta and flamini, the horrors even thinking about it

But will he destroy Kim

Hon KIM

• Registered Users Posts: 3,516 ✭✭✭jonneymendoza

arsenal to lose 4:0 IMO.

dont think we will get anything out of that match. thoughts?

arsenal to lose 4:0 IMO.

dont think we will get anything out of that match. thoughts?

agreed tbh city way too good, will walk through the midfield

I think we'lll win, with the help of Super Kim.

Really though, think he should start, he made an instant impact when he came on, and made a great effort to track back and his attacking contributions for the short time he was on were fluid and promising too.

Pace on the flanks with a Chamberlain/ Gnabry combination, with KK and Flamini through the middle, feeding through to either Cazorla or Rosicky, then have Pod as an option from the bench. I don't know about Giroud, maybe he should start and help him build back confidence again.

We really need to play an intelligent back line though, and not slip up so as to hand attacking threats on a plate for City. Keep it tight to begin with.

I don't think we'd need that many players but we pretty much have enough to cover those expenses with the extra TV and sponsorship even before considering the savings made on wages and money in from transfer fees for the players they'd replace.

You know what will happen?

It happens every summer without fail :pac:

Wenger will have his targets, his super, super class targets.

Like last summer he will go all out for his super, super class targets like he did with Higuain and then Suarez, he will fail to get them and then he won't buy anyone else out of stubbornness.

He does it every summer.

Going all the way back to when Vieria left and he spent all summer chasing Baptista as his replacement, who turned ous down and went to Madrid.

Did Wenger sign someone else instead?

Of course not, he gave the job to a 17 year old and pocketed the Vieria cash.

This summer I will have a guess that he will spend the 3 months in fantasy land after Draxler, Lars Bender and Benzema.

1 of them will go to Bayern, the other Barca and one of them will stay put.

What will Wenger do?

He will makes excuses, January maybe.

• Advertisement

Like last summer he will go all out for his super, super class targets like he did with Higuain and then Suarez, he will fail to get them and then he won't buy anyone else out of stubbornness.

He does it every summer.

Going all the way back to when Vieria left and he spent all summer chasing Baptista as his replacement, who turned ous down and went to Madrid.

Did Wenger sign someone else instead?

Of course not, he gave the job to a 17 year old and pocketed the Vieria cash.

This summer I will have a guess that he will spend the 3 months in fantasy land after Draxler, Lars Bender and Benzema.

1 of them will go to Bayern, the other Barca and one of them will stay put.

What will Wenger do?

That 17yr old was cesc though

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,752 ✭✭✭Mr Blobby

He does it every summer.

*Cough* Ozil *Cough*

2bed3a7a0d3638543415d60a54f71e99b0a70a3a3ee6dabae49d63dbd992b68c.jpg

That 17yr old was cesc though

I remember those days, we had a team of kids, Cesc, Denilson, Song, Clichy, Nasri, Van Persie etc, now we've got a team of ******* pensioners, who cant move, Arteta, Flamini, Giroud, Cazorla, Mertesacker.

Why, as soon as Theo and Ramsey are out does our side lack any sort of mobility? Very imbalanced side.

Mr Blobby wrote: »
    *Cough* Ozil *Cough*

2bed3a7a0d3638543415d60a54f71e99b0a70a3a3ee6dabae49d63dbd992b68c.jpg

:D

He wanted a super class striker and bought Hleb MKII.

:D

He wanted a super class striker and bought Hleb MKII.

Ok sorry everybody, visiting times are over, come on Y2K, time to take your crazy pills!

• Advertisement

Vela scored again..
    He'd be a really good option for left wing/Striker. I do believe he'd rejoin if he was promised game time.

ThornyAcclaimedFly

Ok sorry everybody, visiting times are over, come on Y2K, time to take your crazy pills!

I apologize for that comment, as I do think Özil is brillant and was a good signing to partner someone like Higuain.

Vela scored again..
    He'd be a really good option for left wing/Striker. I do believe he'd rejoin if he was promised game time.

ThornyAcclaimedFly

Don't we have a buy back clause on him?

He had his chance though.

Sounding controversial again but I don't care what he's doing in Spain.

He can't lead the line, he might be useful as a 4th choice super sub if we used two strikers but we don't.

From memory, he's gutless too, showed no heart.

How's Fran Merida doing?

Don't we have a buy back clause on him?

He had his chance though.

Sounding controversial again but I don't care what he's doing in Spain.

He can't lead the line, he might be useful as a 4th choice super sub if we used two strikers but we don't.

From memory, he's gutless too, showed no heart.

How's Fran Merida doing?

That's hardly fair..
    He was never given a decent chance to show what he can do. His only games were either sub appearances or cup matches.

He's currently better than any of our Strikers.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,428 ✭✭✭.jacksparrow.

Leave hleb out of this, he was class, pity he had a fondness of the cornettos!

That's hardly fair..
    He was never given a decent chance to show what he can do. His only games were either sub appearances or cup matches.

He's currently better than any of our Strikers.

Really? I think that's unfair on Giroud Tbh. I doubt Vela would have led the line week in week out staying injury free as Giroud has managed. I don't think he would have scored as many goals either. Grass is always greener and all that.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,224 ✭✭✭✭Marty McFly

I miss this man :(

816.gif

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,685 ✭✭✭✭wonski

Didn't have a chance to watch the Swansea game - was Kallstrom that good? Some of you used Super and Kim in one sentence - was it sarcastic or was he really good? Who did he replace during the game?

Really worried about tomorrow tbh, Silva out doesn't help much since he wasn't such a threat this season. Yaya on the other hand worries me. He seems to be scoring all the time and without a warning.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,264 ✭✭✭✭jester77

I miss this man :(

816.gif

Gibbs is a big loss!!

Saw on TV last night that Podolski's marriage is on the rocks. He was back in Köln for a charity gig and looked very upset when asked about his marriage afterwards.

jester77 wrote: »
    Saw on TV last night that Podolski's marriage is on the rocks. He was back in Köln for a charity gig and looked very upset when asked about his marriage afterwards.

poor guy

tumblr_lmp20td0tz1qa7i5io1_400.jpg

• Advertisement

From the press conference this morning.

Strong hint that Arsene will signa new deal.

Abou and Aaron back to first team training next week. What a boost it would be to get both back in the next couple of weeks....

• Registered Users Posts: 3,480 ✭✭✭ronjo

From the press conference this morning.

Strong hint that Arsene will signa new deal.

Abou and Aaron back to first team training next week. What a boost it would be to get both back in the next couple of weeks....

Diaby back to save the season !!! :D

ronjo wrote: »
    Diaby back to save the season !!! :D

He won't play enough games to get a medal though :):):)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,065 ✭✭✭MaxPower89

bad2dabone wrote: »
    poor guy

tumblr_lmp20td0tz1qa7i5io1_400.jpg

I must tell you she has exceptional quality.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,480 ✭✭✭ronjo

Perhaps an FA Cup winners though :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,435 ✭✭✭wandatowell

What are the chances of City hammering us this weekend?

I'd say very high.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,336 ✭✭✭Mr.Micro

Well if he gets back, they can give him a medal for getting back and maybe another if he helps us to get 4th place :)

• Registered Users Posts: 5,336 ✭✭✭Mr.Micro

I'd say very high.

Pretty high I would say. They will keep pressing for 90 minutes as they will be desperate to win....we will be desperate not to lose, lol.

I'd say very high.

We don't concede many at home. Worried about no Kos but not expecting a hammering

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,473 ✭✭✭Roddy23

Apologies if this has already been posted - but this is a brilliant video of the Top 50 goals scored during Wenger's years. Makes you realise how lucky we've been throughout the last 16years -

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement