Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Arsenal Talk/Gossip/Rumours Thread 2013/14 mod warning post #5144

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,333 ✭✭✭bad2dabone

MaxPower89 wrote: »
    I must tell you she has exceptional quality.

Especially up front

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 550 ✭✭✭Manzoor14

Y2KBOS86 wrote: »
    Did Wenger sign someone else instead?

Of course not, he gave the job to a 17 year old and pocketed the Vieria cash

Gotta laugh at this. Can completely understand some of the Wenger criticism but it really irks me when someone just talks plain dogsh!t.

True enough he gave the job to Cesc, but he clearly spent money on Hleb, Diaby, Adebayor, Walcott and possibly Rosicky as well (Can't remember if he signed in 05 or 06?).

No but of course, he never spent any money, ever.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,711 ✭✭✭keano_afc

Diaby back in training on April 1st? You couldn't make it up.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,435 ✭✭✭wandatowell

Mr.Micro wrote: »
    Pretty high I would say. They will keep pressing for 90 minutes as they will be desperate to win....we will be desperate not to lose, lol.
    greendom wrote: »
    We don't concede many at home. Worried about no Kos but not expecting a hammering

I have a feeling we are going to get steamrolled. City in their form with young Toure powering the midfield the wheels could be ripped off our season.

Its going to be horrible viewing unless we play ****e and win ala our game vs the spuds.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,685 ✭✭✭✭wonski

bad2dabone wrote: »
    Especially up front

Is she better up front than Podolski?

Something to think about for Wenger:D

We are terrible fans btw...

Ramsey going back to training is a good sign, what is the story with the previous reports claiming at least 3 months:confused:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,940 ✭✭✭omega man

Don't think we'll take a hammering at the emirates but will probably lose by a goal or 2 if we're chasing the game near the end. IF we got a result (win) and if spurs got something at anfield then 2nd place is realistic. I'm trying to convince myself here ;-)

Anyway a bit of the 1 nil from the season before last please arsenal!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,478 ✭✭✭✭gnfnrhead

Mr Blobby wrote: »
    That's hardly fair..
    He was never given a decent chance to show what he can do. His only games were either sub appearances or cup matches.

He's currently better than any of our Strikers.

Vela was useless in the first team. He got chances on loan too and was sent back with no further interest. He was never going to be good enough for Arsenal. Spain suits him far more.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,690 ✭✭✭✭Skylinehead

That's hardly fair..
    He was never given a decent chance to show what he can do. His only games were either sub appearances or cup matches.

He's currently better than any of our Strikers.

Carlos Vela - 44 appearances, 17 goals.
    Olivier Giroud - 41 appearances, 19 goals.

Better how?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,382 ✭✭✭✭greendom

keano_afc wrote: »
    Diaby back in training on April 1st? You couldn't make it up.

I'll credit him with some will power to keep coming back. Yes he's well paid but he's had a horrible time of it. I'm hoping against hope that he makes a full recovery and becomes an important part of the first team squad.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,752 ✭✭✭Mr Blobby

Carlos Vela - 44 appearances, 17 goals.
    Olivier Giroud - 41 appearances, 19 goals.

Better how?

Where did you get that stat from?

• Advertisement

Where did you get that stat from?

This seasons stats.

gnfnrhead wrote: »
    This seasons stats.

Yeah sorry.. I wasn't sure if he was talking about Vela's time with us or Sociedad.

Imo those stats for Vela are more impressive than Giroud's. Vela's only real provider would be Griezmann compared to Giroud who has Ozil,Cazorla,Pod etc.

Yeah sorry.. I wasn't sure if he was talking about Vela's time with us or Sociedad.

Imo those stats for Vela are more impressive than Giroud's. Vela's only real provider would be Griezmann compared to Giroud who has Ozil,Cazorla,Pod etc.

Giroud has 36 in 88 over two seasons. Vela has 43 in 117 over three seasons. Only 7 goals in the difference despite Vela playing almost 30 games more. In England, Vela scored 13 in 70 games. Bendtner has a record that is almost twice as good.

Giroud is better.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,516 ✭✭✭jonneymendoza

I'll credit him with some will power to keep coming back. Yes he's well paid but he's had a horrible time of it. I'm hoping against hope that he makes a full recovery and becomes an important part of the first team squad.

i hope he doesnt become like RVP and has a mind blowing full season then ****s off to one of the suger daddy clubs/rivals

gnfnrhead wrote: »
    Giroud has 36 in 88 over two seasons. Vela has 43 in 117 over three seasons. Only 7 goals in the difference despite Vela playing almost 30 games more. In England, Vela scored 13 in 70 games. Bendtner has a record that is almost twice as good.

Giroud is better.

imo you can't compare Vela at Arsenal to Vela with Sociedad.. He is twice the player he ever was at Arsenal.

Also again Giroud is playing in a Champions league side with world class midfielders and wingers supporting him. Vela his playing with a team that finished 12th last season. You can't ignore that.

I guess we'll have to agree to disagree.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,690 ✭✭✭✭Skylinehead

imo you can't compare Vela at Arsenal to Vela with Sociedad.. He is twice the player he ever was at Arsenal.

Also again Giroud is playing in a Champions league side with world class midfielders and wingers supporting him. Vela his playing with a team that finished 12th last season. You can't ignore that.

Real Sociedad did not finish 12th last season, they finished 4th. Which makes them a Champions League team too.

i hope he doesnt become like RVP and has a mind blowing full season then ****s off to one of the suger daddy clubs/rivals

Yes that would be hard to take !

Real Sociedad did not finish 12th last season, they finished 4th. Which makes them a Champions League team too.

They did!!!
    Yep.. sorry wrong season.. :o

Still prefer Vela..

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,205 ✭✭✭Gringo180

Thankfully I think Diaby has a bit more class to him than Van Mercenary!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,819 ✭✭✭EuropeanSon

This is utter nonsense. Some people just want to whinge.

Vela failed for us, and is now doing worse than Giroud is in an easier league which suits him far better than the PL ever did, with far less pressure, and you make up crap to make him seem more impressive, and suggest we should replace Giroud with him.:pac:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,012 ✭✭✭✭Alfred Borden

I'm not Girouds biggest fan but would take him over Vela everyday. Already done much more. Vela was a flop and now only coming good in a terrible league leaving out the top three.

This is utter nonsense. Some people just want to whinge.

Vela failed for us, and is now doing worse than Giroud is in an easier league which suits him far better than the PL ever did, with far less pressure, and you make up crap to make him seem more impressive, and suggest we should replace Giroud with him.:pac:

Jesus it was a opinion ffs.
    Also talk about making up crap yourself.. I never said i wanted him to replace giroud.
    I said this:
    Vela scored again..
    He'd be a really good option for left wing/Striker. I do believe he'd rejoin if he was promised game time.
    and I still think he's better than Giroud on current form. But I never said I wanted him to replace Giroud with Vela.

Some people are really on edge around here..

Jesus it was a opinion ffs.
    Also talk about making up crap yourself.. I never said i wanted him to replace giroud.
    I said this: and I still think he's better than Giroud on current form. But I never said I wanted him to replace Giroud with Vela.

Some people are really on edge around here..

They'd probably work pretty well together if we ever played 4-4-2 again

VAG

It's not SAS but it has a ring to it

• Registered Users Posts: 3,480 ✭✭✭ronjo

VAG

Nah, seems a bit fishy to me...

VAG

Like I said in my post he'd be a good option for left wing if we don't sign anyone.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,665 ✭✭✭✭extra gravy

Like I said in my post he'd be a good option for left wing if we don't sign anyone.

His team-mate Griezmann would be a much better option for left wing. He's denied having reached an agreement with PSG so hopefully we might still have a chance of getting him.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,536 ✭✭✭Dolph Starbeam

His team-mate Griezmann would be a much better option for left wing. He's denied having reached an agreement with PSG so hopefully we might still have a chance of getting him.

Griezmann and Inigo Martinez would be a great double signing, I can't see either staying with Sociedad after this season.

YayaBanana wrote: »
    Griezmann and Inigo Martinez would be a great double signing, I can't see either staying with Sociedad after this season.

ohyeah would like that.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,453 ✭✭✭Sheepy99

If we're to be fair, that was equivalent to the Newcastle finishing 5th job they achieved in 11-12, they just pushed way too far above their weight.
    9-13th is realisitcally where Sociedad are usually at

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 151 ✭✭Gus99

VAG

Who would you have in the hole just behind?

(sorry..)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,361 ✭✭✭Boskowski

omega man wrote: »
    Don't think we'll take a hammering at the emirates but will probably lose by a goal or 2 if we're chasing the game near the end. IF we got a result (win) and if spurs got something at anfield then 2nd place is realistic. I'm trying to convince myself here ;-)

Anyway a bit of the 1 nil from the season before last please arsenal!

A win tomorrow and its all wide open again. There are still a few twist and turns left in this season, wouldn't give up hope yet.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,205 ✭✭✭Gringo180

SAS

I cringe when I hear that word.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 10,402 Mod ✭✭✭✭CatInABox

Saw this on Twitter, the plan for tomorrow

Bj1Zqe4CYAAeH3z.jpg

wot? no poldi!?

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 10,402 Mod ✭✭✭✭CatInABox

wot? no poldi!?

Would be much too attacking with Rosicky as well.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,336 ✭✭✭Mr.Micro

CatInABox wrote: »
    Saw this on Twitter, the plan for tomorrow

Bj1Zqe4CYAAeH3z.jpg

I think we need another goalkeeper...just to be on the safe side :D

• Registered Users Posts: 1,608 ✭✭✭cathalio11

Sheepy99 wrote: »
    If we're to be fair, that was equivalent to the Newcastle finishing 5th job they achieved in 11-12, they just pushed way too far above their weight.
    9-13th is realisitcally where Sociedad are usually at

If they weren't a selling club, they'd be making another strong at the top 4 this season, to be honest.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,756 ✭✭✭emergingstar

Today of all days I'm not to pushed if we win or loose

I just want to see an arsenal team im proud of who fights hard and works for that jersey

After that the result will take care of itself

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,572 ✭✭✭TheGunns

I just want to see an arsenal team im proud of who fights hard and works for that jersey

Precisely, last 2 games I felt they played like they don't care. Just want to see some passion from them again!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 9,828 ✭✭✭gosplan

Was just coming in to post the same thing. City may beat us regardless of what we do but let's see a performance FFS.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,435 ✭✭✭wandatowell

Arsenal have only won 3 out of their last 9 league games while City have won 7 out of their last 9.

Gonna be a hiding.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,984 ✭✭✭Soups123

I'm watching this one behind the sofa

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,072 ✭✭✭carraig2

Soups123 wrote: »

Like a horror movie :0

Soups123 wrote: »

Disgraceful watching from behind the sofa. What kind of a fan is that?

I'll be watching it with a pillow over my face and ear muffs on, like a real fan!

• Registered Users Posts: 8,984 ✭✭✭Soups123

Disgraceful watching from behind the sofa. What kind of a fan is that?

I'll be watching it with a pillow over my face and ear muffs on, like a real fan!

I tried that ear muff thing before and every time the missus shouted in 'hey babe want a beer' I was shouting back 'fcuk off bendy boots'

• Closed Accounts Posts: 35,514 ✭✭✭✭efb

No match thread?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,012 ✭✭✭✭Alfred Borden

Disgusted by what the united fans are planning today. I know there is a good few wenger outs but nobody would take it that far. disgraceful imo

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,685 ✭✭✭✭wonski

Raf32 wrote: »
    Disgusted by what the united fans are planning today. I know there is a good few wenger outs but nobody would take it that far. disgraceful imo

What are they planning?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,931 ✭✭✭patrickc

wonski wrote: »
    What are they planning?

to have a plane with a banner flying over old trafford anti Moyes

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement