Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Arsenal Talk/Gossip/Rumours Thread 2013/14 mod warning post #5144

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,828 ✭✭✭gosplan

HazDanz wrote: »
    Good results tonight. Chelsea held and Sp*rs pumped.

Fcukin getting a bit rediculous though.

You can't win em all right? So even top teams get the odd draw like us last night or Chelsea tonight.

Except City. Every time they're in a really competitive match where they might drop points, they benefit from a huge decision or two.

Should have been 1-1 tonight between them and Spurs. Instead they were 2 goals and a man up.

They might have gone on to win it anyway, but we won't really know, just like after their Newcastle game.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,300 ✭✭✭HazDanz

Mickeroo wrote: »
    Starting to think I'd prefer a Chelsea win over a draw now.

Sky will be creaming themselves with their win or die build up for Chelsea in the Ethiad fortress.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,748 ✭✭✭tony1kenobi

Great result for Spurs only letting in four goals and scoring.Our lad Sherwood might keep his job for another week.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,428 ✭✭✭.jacksparrow.

I think us been second will help us as ridiculous as it sounds.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,711 ✭✭✭keano_afc

Is it wrong that I despise Maureen as much as I do? Fair play West Ham.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 454 ✭✭TheCoolWay

No idea how to quote from the old thread:

"Originally Posted by TheCoolWay
    City will beat Spurs in a high scoring game. Just came back from the future"

I rarely get thanks, usually just stick in here and would appreciate if some people would appreciate now that time travel is actually possible.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,752 ✭✭✭Mr Blobby

Vucinic eh.... I like it :)

gm1e94705i2011971823856.JPG

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,828 ✭✭✭gosplan

gandalf wrote: »
    Excellent result. Now Chelsea really have to go at Man City next week.

Not sure. They're 3 behind now. Go six behind and it's over for them. Jose will probably be fairly conservative.

Really any result next week is great for us as long as we win.

City win, we'll be a point behind them with Chelsea 5 back.

Chelsea win, we'll be back top by 2 points with those two tied.

Draw, we'll be a point ahead of City and 4 ahead of Chelsea.

Overall though, I want Chelsea to lose. If we're going to win, then we have to beat City, beat Utd and get over all that sh1t. if we're good enough to win, then great, if we're not then whatever, there's next year.

I do not want to see Jose win though. He was bankrolled like no manager ever had been before for his first successes in the UK and the media just lapped his bullsh1t up.

When he went to Spain, you saw his real character.

You'll see it here if the titles don't come.

It's very very very easy to be a classy winner. Let's see what happens when he finishes second or third and can't spend his way up the table.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 26,458 ✭✭✭✭gandalf

LOL Mourinho quoted saying this after that game "It's very difficult to play a football match when only one team wants to play. A football match is about two teams playing."

POT KETTLE BLACK!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 52,423 ✭✭✭✭tayto lover

Happy Birthday Jose :D:D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,662 ✭✭✭✭extra gravy

Mourinho after we drew with them: "I think boring is a team that plays at home and cannot score a goal. That's boring." :pac:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,187 ✭✭✭GeorgeBailey

gosplan wrote: »
    It's very very very easy to be a classy winner.

In fairness to Mourinho he's consistent in that he's neither a classy loser nor winner.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,500 ✭✭✭Drexel

Mickeroo wrote: »
    Starting to think I'd prefer a Chelsea win over a draw now.

I came in to post exactly this. Would be better I think. I'd rather be a point behind Chelsea then a point behind City.

I really hope this supposed striker we're getting on loan has a bit of pace. We are so slow and no one runs in behind

jonny666 wrote: »
    I came in to post exactly this. Would be better I think. I'd rather be a point behind Chelsea then a point behind City.

I really hope this supposed striker we're getting on loan has a bit of pace. We are so slow and no one runs in behind

Apparently he is slower than bendter

• Registered Users Posts: 8,711 ✭✭✭keano_afc

Jose "Wenger always moans" Mourinho having a right moan at West Ham. It's hilarious.

• Advertisement

Apparently he is slower than bendter

Vucinic is lazy... But i wouldn't call him slow.
    But he's definitely not fast :pac:

Mr Blobby wrote: »
    Vucinic is lazy... But i wouldn't call him slow.
    But he's definitely not fast :pac:

That's a noodle scratcher!

That's a noodle scratcher!

Basically Vucinic is like a sexy Berbatov.
    He seems slow but he's actually just lazy.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,435 ✭✭✭wandatowell

As long as he can shoot he'll be better than Niki B.

Delighted with Chelsea drawing at home.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 9,425 ✭✭✭FearDark

Just back from the gym, checked the scores hoping Spurs would do us a favour.

5-1... jesus wept.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,205 ✭✭✭Gringo180

ronjo wrote: »
    Apology accepted in advance :D

Well played sir. Well played :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 417 ✭✭Wolf Club

Basically Vucinic is like a sexy Berbatov

I dunno, Berbatov is pretty sexy!
    images?q=tbn:ANd9GcT-AbbV2lA9MJBpkQgVHrHRakgRp-Zkx1AiQla37blwB0mYJ-OB

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,205 ✭✭✭Gringo180

FearDark wrote: »
    Just back from the gym, checked the scores hoping Spurs would do us a favour.

5-1... jesus wept.

Getting in shape for the new jersey eh :)

Wolf Club wrote: »
    I dunno, Berbatov is pretty sexy!
    images?q=tbn:ANd9GcT-AbbV2lA9MJBpkQgVHrHRakgRp-Zkx1AiQla37blwB0mYJ-OB

Thought that was Andy Garcia.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 9,425 ✭✭✭FearDark

Gringo180 wrote: »
    Getting in shape for the new jersey eh :)

Round is a shape :pac:

ronjo wrote: »
    All ovet at bridge.

Nil all.

Get in !

Sets it up nicely for next Monday. Chelsea could be 5 points behind us going into that game and 6 behind City if they lose so that's not an option. They need a result badly at City. We really need to batter Palace Sunday though. No complacency we need to put them to the sword good and early

keano_afc wrote: »
    Jose "Wenger always moans" Mourinho having a right moan at West Ham. It's hilarious.

Oh but he makes all the people laugh in the press conference. We can't say anything bad about him ;)

gosplan wrote: »

When he went to Spain, you saw his real character.

You'll see it here if the titles don't come.

Only briefly because at Bananarama fc over in Knightsbridge they sack you even if your a kick away from a trophy

Anyone think Chamackh's gonna score at the weekend?

Ex players have a great record against us.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 52,423 ✭✭✭✭tayto lover

Anyone think Chamackh's gonna score at the weekend?

Ex players have a great record against us.

If he scores it won't be on a football field.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,748 ✭✭✭✭AdamD

Palace will be tough, think they're top half in form since Pulis took over and have gotten plenty of clean sheets.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,621 ✭✭✭Jaafa

John cross on twitter: Arsenal desperately trying to push through a beat-the-deadline deal on Julian Draxler. And he's keen to come.

https://twitter.com/johncrossmirror/status/428658134333153280

Dare we hope?

Vucinic eh.... I like it :)

291406.jpg

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,483 ✭✭✭brianregan09

My question is why do always leave our deals until the very last day its nerve wracking

My question is why do always leave our deals until the very last day its nerve wracking

Most deals are done last day though when you think of it and Rene Meulensteen even suggested (perhaps jokingly ) that the transfer window should be only one day because all of the business gets done the last day. Its like there is a little game of poker going on between the clubs.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,536 ✭✭✭Dolph Starbeam

Careful Ted that might offend some of the other players...

Oh right ok sorry...

Of course all of the players have lovely bottoms.

I still can't believe Richard Sadlier has never watched an episode of Father Ted, I lost all respect for him when I heard that.

This is the real Mourinho that the media have the love affair with and yet continue to hammer Arsene Wenger and Arsenal at every given opportunity.....Real class act

Jose%20Mourinho%20Tito%20Vilanova-thumb-500x293-2147.jpg

The guy talking on the football show on off the ball tonight suggested that Liverpool had gained two points on us last night but I suppose he forgot to mention that they gained them on Chelsea tonight :rolleyes:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 454 ✭✭TheCoolWay

Why is everyone talking about him giving him the attention he craves. Move on...

Now. Tello, Morata, Vucinic? What's are people's hunch who we'll get out of those three, if at all?

Draxler is looking good...

• Advertisement

TheCoolWay wrote: »
    Why is everyone talking about him giving him the attention he craves. Move on...

Now. Tello, Morata, Vucinic? What's are people's hunch who'll get get out of those three, if at all?

I doubt he is on boards fapping to the attention he is getting but you never know :D

Anyways enough of that pleb...there has been more noise about Vucinic so i reckon we will get him and hopefully we can land Draxler.

Question on Draxler. Are we getting a Gareth Bale/Ronaldo style of player in essence that this lad is capable of scoring plenty of goals despite playing out wide and further behind the striker? He seems to be a very athletic type of player that could bring much needed dynamism to our attack.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,662 ✭✭✭✭extra gravy

The Telegraph saying that Fabianski could be part of the deal for Draxler. And also that Draxler has been given the all clear to return to training in seven days http://www.telegraph.co.uk/sport/football/teams/arsenal/10605875/Arsenal-and-Julian-Draxler-in-advanced-talks-over-36-million-deal.html

. And also that Draxler has been given the all clear to return to training in seven days l[/url]

Goes to show the March return was bull**** :rolleyes:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,748 ✭✭✭✭AdamD

Player swap mentioned = red herring

do they ever actually happen?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,224 ✭✭✭✭Marty McFly

AdamD wrote: »

Gallas and Cole ;).

But yea your right really once in a blue moon.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,509 ✭✭✭Underground

AdamD wrote: »

Odemwingie and Kenwyne Jones just the other day there.

• Advertisement
  • Administrators, Computer Games Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 32,409 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Mickeroo

TheCoolWay wrote: »

Now. Tello, Morata, Vucinic? What's are people's hunch who we'll get out of those three, if at all?

Have we actually been linked to Tello? He'd be a great signing imo.

We've been talking about Jose more on here than the Chelski fans. Its looking like a very busy couple of days for Dick Law. He better have been taking his protein shakes.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,187 ✭✭✭GeorgeBailey

Sorry to be mentioning Mourinho once again but I thought the quote below after the Arsenal-Chelsea match is worth bringing up in light of Mourinho's whinging over West Ham's tactics:

"I think boring is a team that plays at home and cannot score a goal," said Mourinho.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 10,402 Mod ✭✭✭✭CatInABox

Happy Chinese new year!

Sometimes you really can't help loving Podolski.

BfJq7nfIMAA8Dcs.jpg:large

Sorry to be mentioning Mourinho once again but I thought the quote below after the Arsenal-Chelsea match is worth bringing up in light of Mourinho's whinging over West Ham's tactics:

"I think boring is a team that plays at home and cannot score a goal," said Mourinho.

Every week that goes by Jose is showing his true colours, it's great to watch.

The special one, jaysus it's cringe inducing

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement