Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Arsenal Talk/Gossip/Rumours Thread 2013/14 mod warning post #5144

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,685 ✭✭✭✭wonski

patrickc wrote: »
    to have a plane with a banner flying over old trafford anti Moyes

Yeah, seen it now on TV. Wrong one - Moyes out.

The fans at Old Trafford seemed nice for Moyes. There was a standing ovation actually.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,553 ✭✭✭Spanish Johnny

Raf32 wrote: »
    Disgusted by what the united fans are planning today. I know there is a good few wenger outs but nobody would take it that far. disgraceful imo

To be fair Raf it only takes a few with money to do it. Old Trafford were very supportive of him when he came out.

I know you'll enjoy this Raf - it seems a few Liverpool fans set up the Man United v Villa match thread just to rub it in about the plane thing. It's worse than when they come on here.

Can they not take the joy out of the wonderful football they are playing and the position they are in rather than the constant inferior obsession with Man United?

It's mind boggling although again it's not all of them. Even when Arsenal are not going well I take little joy out of rivals misery. Mad.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,012 ✭✭✭✭Alfred Borden

To be fair Raf it only takes a few with money to do it. Old Trafford were very supportive of him when he came out.

I know you'll enjoy this Raf - it seems a few Liverpool fans set up the Man United v Villa match thread just to rub it in about the plane thing. It's worse than when they come on here.

Can they not take the joy out of the wonderful football they are playing and the position they are in rather than the constant inferior obsession with Man United?

It's mind boggling although again it's not all of them. Even when Arsenal are not going well I take little joy out of rivals misery. Mad.

Ya agreed actually, its a small minority making them look bad. Liverpool fans are a joke in fairness, i say their the worst thread on boards. I saw them in that thread always trying to wind them up but when united were dominating for years they didnt go near them, bigger fish to fry and that. Cant wait until they are brought back down to earth with a a bang Johnny

I'm going to be shouting for a sp*rs win tomorrow, aren't I?

#anotherreasontohatepool

#anotherreasontohatepool

To be honest I know they are our biggest rivals but I struggle to generate Spurs hate. Im not from London so its not the same. I dont know many Spurs fans.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,333 ✭✭✭bad2dabone

#anotherreasontohatepool

I certainly am.

Definitely hope spurs do it tomorrow, no hatred for them at all. not from london and leaving out the last two years have never been a direct competitor

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,478 ✭✭✭✭gnfnrhead

I dont hate spurs, but that doesnt mean I dont enjoy it a lot when they lose.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,752 ✭✭✭Mr Blobby

9/10 i'd want Spurs to lose.
    But if it benefits us more if they win.. Then work away.

• Advertisement

I'm not from London, but I have relatives there and my dad (who hates them) was the reason I started supporting Arsenal...

Very difficult for me to get behind them. Also highly doubt they'll get anything from the game.

• Administrators, Computer Games Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 32,409 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Mickeroo

Liverpool will steam roll them anyway so may as well try and enjoy it.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,382 ✭✭✭✭greendom

I was just about to post my frustration that Palace were giving Chelsea much more of a game than we managed when Terry emphasises the fact by scoring an own goal!

Hope the Arsenal players are watching this and that it gives them a kick up the ass

• Registered Users Posts: 6,333 ✭✭✭bad2dabone

Definitely hope spurs do it tomorrow, no hatred for them at all. not from london and leaving out the last two years have never been a direct competitor

i never used to hate them but i've grown into it in recent seasons. however i'm behind them tomorrow. F*ck liverpool.

greendom wrote: »
    Hope the Arsenal players are watching this

I'd hope they are getting ready for their own game.

Palace embarrassing Arsenal. Hang on Palace!!!

• Advertisement

Szczesny

Sagna
    Mert
    Vermaelen
    Gibbs

Flamini
    Arteta

Rosicky
    Cazorla
    Podolski

Giroud

Palace embarrassing Arsenal. Hang on Palace!!!

Anyone rate Jedinak from Palace as good enough for a top team?

FlamArt axis again...

Anyone rate Jedinak from Palace as good enough for a top team?

I have been thinking that for 18 months now but didnt want to say it :pac:

I have been thinking that for 18 months now but didnt want to say it :pac:

Might be a bit Fellaini but he can be impressive. Very strong and mobile.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,205 ✭✭✭Gringo180

Please dont concede in the first 5 minutes :(

• Registered Users Posts: 822 ✭✭✭Pudders

Protest outside the directors entrance today. 2 banners asking kronke (spelling) and wenger to **** off.

• Administrators, Computer Games Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 32,409 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Mickeroo

Pudders wrote: »
    Protest outside the directors entrance today. 2 banners asking kronke (spelling) and wenger to **** off.

Morons.

Pudders wrote: »

Johnnymendoza and button didnt mention they were going to the game today.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,516 ✭✭✭jonneymendoza

Gringo180 wrote: »
    Johnnymendoza and button didnt mention they were going to the game today.

nice try.

no i did not go to the game today. i went to crepe city instead and just back home eating popcorn and watching this game.

COME ON U GUNNERS

nice try.

no i did not go to the game today. i went to crepe city instead and just back home eating popcorn and watching this game.

COME ON U GUNNERS

Only having a bit of banter man.

ffs.

Lets try and keep them pegged to one or two.

Unlucky to concede like that.

gnfnrhead wrote: »
    Unlucky to concede like that.

If we had a pacy striker in behind Cazorla and Rosicky today we would look so much better. We have actually looked threatening to a point.

Theo would be scarily good against these sides.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,213 ✭✭✭shamrock55

Any chance you boys might get back into this?

• Advertisement

shamrock55 wrote: »

Highly doubtful and I'm one of the optimists here!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,752 ✭✭✭Mr Blobby

shamrock55 wrote: »

Well its only 1-0 so I'd hope so :pac:

Bleh, at least they're playing like they care which is all I ask when we're outclassed. Unlucky to concede the way we did though City by far the better team. Have a feeling we could sneak a draw though could do with a little help from Dean, hopefully we won't be on the receiving end of it when his ego requires him to send someone off/give a penalty.

Wouldnt have been surprised if that Rosicky penalty claim was given. Would have been incredibly soft but they do get given a fair bit.

Think 1-0 is about right based on the first half. Just a shame we are missing so many first team players.

Wouldnt have been surprised if that Rosicky penalty claim was given. Would have been incredibly soft but they do get given a fair bit.

Think 1-0 is about right based on the first half. Just a shame we are missing so many first team players.

Was a dive but most penalties are tbh.

come on arsenal

Mickeroo wrote: »
    Was a dive but most penalties are tbh.

I thought the same at first, but on the half time replays it shows he got a slight touch. Would have been incredibly soft and everyone would be hitting the deck after it.

Have we even had a shot on target?

wait where is the match thread?

• Advertisement

I thought the same at first, but on the half time replays it shows he got a slight touch. Would have been incredibly soft and everyone would be hitting the deck after it.

He definitely leaves the leg in looking to go down, would have been miffed if it was given against us. Having said that I would be delighted if it was given.

Well deserved.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,569 ✭✭✭Nemeses2050

Why does wenger leave his changes so late.....why oh why keep Giroud...

Average in the first half, great in the second half. Hopefully we can carry that into Everton.

Very unlucky to concede the goal we did.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 29,117 ✭✭✭✭Quazzie

That's a point more than I figured for our end of season total so I'm a little more confident of fourth now.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,756 ✭✭✭emergingstar

I'm happy with the team

• Advertisement

Too little too late for the title race and there's still questions over why the team couldn't play like they did in the second half when they were still contenders but I enjoyed the hell out of that game and it's the first time I can say that in quite a while.

6 wins in a row in the league and an FA cup now please.

Very good today and hopefully lads hopefully Wenger has learned his lesson. I think he has. Ye know im a vocal supporter of him but I know he needs to adapt and I hope this was it.

Flamini's passion is inspiring-really is.

Rosicky was superb and Cazorla looked brilliant in the middle. Hats off to Vermaelen too. Avoid defeat against Everton-steady up and push on. Most important thing out of today will be lesson learned for the future and what a bit of passion can do.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,175 ✭✭✭Irish Aris

A very decent effort.
    Great performances from the two full backs, Gibbs especially was massive defensively.
    Can't help feeling we were 2 injuries away from seriously challenging this year.

Very good performance today especially in the second half. Santi and Flamini being the standouts for me. What have we done though, we have put the league in liverpools hands? :eek:

great performance. Mind boggles me when they cant perform like this away from home against the top side. it really is pathetic and u cant blame people for having a good old moan at them.

Why diddnt arsenal play like this last saturday against Chelsea?

WHY!!!

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement