Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Arsenal Talk/Gossip/Rumours Thread 2013/14 mod warning post #5144

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,012 ✭✭✭✭Alfred Borden

supposedly signed drmic, any good?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 26,458 ✭✭✭✭gandalf

Raf32 wrote: »
    What have we done though, we have put the league in liverpools hands? :eek:

Tbh I have no problems with Liverpool winning the league. I'd much prefer them to win it over City or Chelsea. Obviously it goes without saying that I wanted us to win it and thought up until the last few games that we could have.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,478 ✭✭✭✭gnfnrhead

We're only 5 behind Chelsea. Still have an outside chance but we're now relying on spurs to ensure it stays at 5.

A win against Swansea would have been massive.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,752 ✭✭✭Mr Blobby

Very good winger.
    He's fast,strong and is a lethal finisher.

Oh.. and he's 6'2 :pac:

Edit: Even though I hate putting these up.. here's his goals and stuff

• Registered Users Posts: 6,333 ✭✭✭bad2dabone

gandalf wrote: »
    Tbh I have no problems with Liverpool winning the league. I'd much prefer them to win it over City or Chelsea. Obviously it goes without saying that I wanted us to win it and thought up until the last few games that we could have.

Ah gandalf, I would have preferred Liverpool initially , but the fans. The fans. Couldn't take them if they won it.

I sincerely hope that they don't.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,940 ✭✭✭omega man

Mickeroo wrote: »
    Too little too late for the title race and there's still questions over why the team couldn't play like they did in the second half when they were still contenders but I enjoyed the hell out of that game and it's the first time I can say that in quite a while.

6 wins in a row in the league and an FA cup now please.

Yep. Those dropped points mid week are a killer now but if this result gives us a boost we'll secure top 4 and dare I say , win the cup.

• Administrators, Computer Games Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 32,409 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Mickeroo

gandalf wrote: »

Same, would rather they win it than the other two. Also, if the Pool beat both of City and Chelsea there's still a good chance we could overtake one of them.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,480 ✭✭✭ronjo

Mickeroo wrote: »
    Same, would rather they win it than the other two. Also, if the Pool beat both of City and Chelsea there's still a good chance we could overtake one of them.

If Pool lose both we could overtake them which would be more preferable

• Registered Users Posts: 4,940 ✭✭✭omega man

bad2dabone wrote: »
    Ah gandalf, I would have preferred Liverpool initially , but the fans. The fans. Couldn't take them if they won it.

It could be worse. You could be one of them along with half the country ;-)

I have one or 2 sound pool friends whom I'd be made up for as they're so genuine. To avoid the other ones I'd just take a holiday along with switching off the TV and Internet until the World Cup!

omega man wrote: »
    It could be worse. You could be one of them along with half the country ;-)

I have one or 2 sound pool friends whom I'd be made up for as they're so genuine. To avoid the other ones I'd just take a holiday along with switching off the TV and Internet until the World Cup!

My brother and my best mate are pool fans and both have been absolute dicks since the 5-1. For my brother especially I'd like to be able to enjoy the schadenfreude.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 19,341 ✭✭✭✭Chucky the tree

If you'd just put Turty on ignore we probably aren't that bad......

You know what, I'd be inclined to agree somewhat!

Anyway if you beat city at anfield I'll probably flim flam back to being behind a pool title.

Anyway if you beat city at anfield I'll probably flim flam back to being behind a pool title.

I think City will always be popular choice for relative neutrals simply because they don't have many fans over here. I can definitely understand why Arsenal/Chelsea(our less rivals as it where) wouldn't want Liverpool because we have such a big following.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 35,514 ✭✭✭✭efb

Half my family and lads at work are pool. Wouldn't begrudge them the title. BR is a good manager

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 307 ✭✭kildare75

makes it interesting lads.... may the best team win it, and I mean a genuine football team...and not just the ones with the biggest wallet..thanks for todays result, and as I said before keep faith in arsene and you wont go far wrong....
    regards sean

efb wrote: »
    Half my family and lads at work are pool. Wouldn't begrudge them the title. BR is a good manager

BR is a very very good manager. I never would have said that at the start of the season, but i'm converted. I like the players and admire Gerrard greatly. Henderson's improvement this season has been superb too.

29-03-2014-GifNumber-250.gif

Im not trying to be funny but just look where giroud is standing when that ball is put in? :pac:

• Advertisement

Im not trying to be funny but just look where giroud is standing when that ball is put in? :pac:

ah he'd done some decent work in the build up.

Poldi again involved in the goal. He's hot and cold but he's good for a goal.

ah he'd done some decent work in the build up.

Poldi again involved in the goal. He's hot and cold but he's good for a goal.

Yup his general play is brutal but always seems involved with a goal or two, pity he couldnt play up top, thats the attributes of a great striker.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,665 ✭✭✭✭extra gravy

In the second half too, when I think it was Ox that played a nice ball across, Giroud made no effort to go for it...he just stood there and watched :confused:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,766 ✭✭✭farna_boy

In the second half too, when I think it was Ox that played a nice ball across, Giroud made no effort to go for it...he just stood there and watched :confused:

How many runs does he make per game and no one passes the ball to him?

How many times do we slow the ball down instead of passing it to him first time?

How many times did he lay off the ball today, and others did not follow up?

How many times did he get isolated today with no one even looking for the pass?

How many times did people make a pass to him today, without looking to see where he was?

How deep does he have to drop to actually get a decent pass?

Giroud got 8 passes in the final third today (and made 21 out of 23 successful passes overall). When Liverpool played City, Suarez got 23 passes in the final third (and made 25 out of 30 successful passes). Giroud is obviously not as good as Suarez and has a much lower conversion rate, but is expected to have the same impact despite getting nearly only a third of the service?

But you're right, Giroud is the only problem.

[/QUOTE]But you're right, Giroud is the only problem.[/QUOTE]

I clearly never said that but hope you enjoyed your rant.

nobody mentioning Mourinho's intimidation of a child today?

http://www.mirror.co.uk/sport/football/news/jose-mourinho-warns-ball-boy-3299702

He's some man.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,984 ✭✭✭Soups123

http://www.mirror.co.uk/sport/football/news/jose-mourinho-warns-ball-boy-3299702

He's some man.

First I've seen of it, if true that is fcukin shocking he really is losing the run of himself and it'll bite him

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,175 ✭✭✭Irish Aris

He's some man.

I wonder sometimes. . .anyway. . .

The Giroud debate can go on forever.
    I think that at this point we can agree that he may not be world class but the way we are playing doesn't help either. Quite often it's like we are playing with no striker at all, as he has to drift away from the box to get the ball.
    I am not sure bringing a world class striker will necessarily be the answer to our problem - at least not on each own.
    I also think that Giroud's form dipped dramatically when Ramsey got injured-I think the same of Özil's form. Aaron is the missing piece of the puzzle, an important one for that matter.

not to mention the effect that his personal life is having on his game. it's got to be a factor.

Is Giroud good enough to start for us? - No
    Is our recent drop in performance partly because of him? - No

I personally don't think Giroud is good enough.. But he recent form isn't all his fault. At the start of the season Giroud was on fire. This was mainly down to having Walcott/Ramsey make the forward runs to draw away defenders. In our current system Giroud is the only player who's making run with the ball and he just isn't the type of player that can do that.

We are currently playing with a system that doesn't suit a big slow target man... And while Giroud form has been bad we haven't been playing to his strengths.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,766 ✭✭✭farna_boy

But you're right, Giroud is the only problem.[/QUOTE]

I clearly never said that but hope you enjoyed your rant.[/QUOTE]

Yeah, sorry. I'm just sick of our own fans abusing our players. Last year it was Ramsey, this year it's Giroud.

Personally, I think he would be far better in a Bergkamp type role i.e. number 10/second striker, but that isn't going to happen any time soon.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 613 ✭✭✭Y2KBOS86

Haven't seen him play, but joint 2nd top scorer with Lewandowski this season is very impressive for a 21 year old.

Got player of the month this month in Bundesliga as well, suppose to be quick as well, an olympian compared to Giroud.

Would be happy with someone like him, he's a good age to come into the prem.

Think Drmic has a £3.5m release clause if Nurnberg get relegated...be right up Arsene's street!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 613 ✭✭✭Y2KBOS86

Think Drmic has a £3.5m release clause if Nurnberg get relegated...be right up Arsene's street!

Have we an agreement though?

Loads of clubs will be after him now that we are linked with him.

He needs to go for a proven striker as well, this one should be Nick's replacement.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,573 ✭✭✭2ndcoming

Giroud ploughs a lonely field and works his socks off. If anyone giving out has ever played centre forward at any level they know how hard that is. If you're playing centre forward for Arsenal with 50 million eyes watching and you're not Thierry Henry I'd imagine it's a million times harder.

Anyway, I was delighted to see some fight today and effort. I won't knock any of the lads on that performance. Now let's see out the season and win the Cup and come back stronger again. Sick of the negativity. Come on you Gunners.

Here, have some Bob

Y2KBOS86 wrote: »

He needs to go for a proven striker as well, this one should be Nick's replacement.

Agreed him, Giroud and a world class cf, that should be enough.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,573 ✭✭✭2ndcoming

Would have had that Liverpool one 3rd myself. No.2 and 3 are out of this world.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,569 ✭✭✭Nemeses2050

I thought he was terrible today...except him everybody put in a excellent shift this evening....

Y2KBOS86 wrote: »

The story originated from Lothar Matthaus who said on German tv that there was a possible deal on and that Drmic's wife was looking for a house in London. This was then tweeted by Jan Fjortoft. It seems that Drmic hasn't got a wife though so it could easily all be a load of rubbish...

Decent result. Haven't seen the game but from what I hear it was a good second half, looked like we were actually playing for something.

I can only assume any Arsenal fans hoping Liverpool win the league are pretty young.

Mr Blobby wrote: »
    Is Giroud good enough to start for us? - No

He's no Carlos Vela :pac:

• Advertisement

gnfnrhead wrote: »
    He's no Carlos Vela :pac:

Better looking though :D

Just watching on Football First. Flukey goal for City but sweet merciful christ we need some pace in the side.

"Not sure ya give high-fives for luck." Yeah Gary, tell David.

Lovely equaliser. Surprised to hear the crowd through the match, they seem to be very into it. I know it's a "big" match but there's nothing to play for etc., so fair play to them.

I'm only watching extended highlights so I could be getting some of this wrong :P First half didn't look as bad as I'd heard and I was very surprised to see how much chasing back Podolski did.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,483 ✭✭✭brianregan09

Nothin to play for O_O

Nothin to play for O_O

Half our PPG for the season so far from here on would get top 4. We're not going to win the league, unless we have the most monumental collapse ever (including the last 3 matches without a win) then there isn't anything to play for in the league.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,828 ✭✭✭gosplan

Just watching on Football First. Flukey goal for City but sweet merciful christ we need some pace in the side.

Yes, and I think it's absolutely unfair to judge Giroud not fit for purpose till we get this.

Look at Jose's 4-3-3. First time at Chelsea he made sure he had Robben, Duff, SWP and Cole.

Second time he had two great wingers in Hazard and Schurrle but still got Willian. Not sure if Salah fits this mould too.

He knows that without pace on the flanks, 4-3-3 is impotent.

Basically it's like when Imbramovich was at Barca. There's all this slow build up sideways tiki taka (only it's nowhere near Barca cause we've no Messi or Iniesta) and Giroud's expected to play like Suarez.

The minute you decide to play someone like Giroud alone up front, you have to do things to make that work.

We've done none of them.

He's on 20 goals. Get some pace in the side and he'll be on 30 with more assists.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,305 ✭✭✭Green Hornet

Popped into the pool thread for a gawk. Bit surprised how confident that they are about winning the league. They've got a chance of course but they seem to think that it's done and dusted!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,480 ✭✭✭ronjo

That was so obvious the entire match.

It was the best performance in a long time though and we did have the best team in the league on the back foot for long periods of the second half.
    Also looking at Citys subs there were very happy with their point. I would say Pellegrini was pretty confident of taking all 3 before the game and at half time so it was nice to see the boys really up there game.

• Site Banned Posts: 4,925 ✭✭✭Agueroooo

Popped into the pool thread for a gawk. Bit surprised how confident that they are about winning the league. They've got a chance of course but they seem to think that it's done and dusted!

I don't think that is the majority tbh.
    Yes you get your overzealous/over confident few, but the majority are just taking every 90mins as they come.

lots of twists and turns left in this one I think.

• Advertisement

I must be reading a different Liverpool thread. :confused:

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement