Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Arsenal Talk/Gossip/Rumours Thread 2013/14 mod warning post #5144

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,012 ✭✭✭✭Alfred Borden

Anyone rate Doumbia from CSKA?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,300 ✭✭✭HazDanz

greendom wrote: »
    Some stat checking may be in order before you post!!!! He's scored more than twice that this season. He'd be a big step-up from Giroud, much as I like Olivier

Benzema is a different class to Giroud. His touch and finishing are super.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,480 ✭✭✭ronjo

Raf32 wrote: »
    Anyone rate Doumbia from CSKA?

Is he cheap and injury prone?

If yes, I am in !

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,828 ✭✭✭gosplan

I never believe any news on Apr 1st, but according to Arseblog, Diaby is back in full training today.

Poor guy, hope he makes it this time, after all look at Rosicky. But I'd say he hasn't a hope in getting to the world cup like he wants to.

Does no-one else think that the April fool might be on Diaby himself.

'You're sure?'

'Yes Abou, positive'

'I'm fit?'

'Yes yes yes Diaby. Now go and run'

'OK, here i go'
    *SNAP* 'ARRRGGGGGHHHHH FF****'

'APRIL FOOLS!!!'

ronjo wrote: »
    Is he cheap and injury prone?

If yes, I am in !

I think neither but has pace to burn. bit of a slump this year so would come for under 10 million i would say. Him, Giroud, Yaya and a worldie and we would be stacked up top.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,480 ✭✭✭ronjo

gosplan wrote: »
    Does no-one else think that the April fool might be on Diaby himself.

'You're sure?'

'Yes Abou, positive'

'I'm fit?'

'Yes yes yes Diaby. Now go and run'

'OK, here i go'
    *SNAP* 'ARRRGGGGGHHHHH FF****'

'APRIL FOOLS!!!'

Poor Abou!

You are a sick sick man !

:pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 8,711 ✭✭✭keano_afc

"Abou, its great to see you back from injury. Here is a new 5 year contract with a pay rise".*

*not an April Fool

http://www.mirror.co.uk/sport/football/transfer-news/chelsea-transfer-news-edinson-cavani-3321019#.Uzq2ANf5IMk.twitter

why not just throw 60 or 70 million at them and get him? He is my favourite player outside Arsenal, him and Ozil would be unstoppable.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,665 ✭✭✭✭extra gravy

http://www.mirror.co.uk/sport/football/transfer-news/chelsea-transfer-news-edinson-cavani-3321019#.Uzq2ANf5IMk.twitter

why not just throw 60 or 70 million at them and get him? He is my favourite player outside Arsenal, him and Ozil would be unstoppable.

Would give my right arm to see Cavani in an Arsenal shirt.

Meh, too much makes me think it won't happen.

1: Cavani is 27, a lot younger than Ibrahimovic who is 32 and has only one more year on his contract.

2: They just paid 50 million for him and he signed a 5 year deal

3: He scored 14 in 23 this season

4: PSG have no need to sell. They **** all over FFP this year by announcing the first ever retroactive sponsorship deal (basically they signed a new sponsor deal worth loads and they backpaid it by a few years)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,205 ✭✭✭Gringo180

Would give my right arm to see Cavani in an Arsenal shirt.

We should go back in for Higuain

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,881 ✭✭✭TimeToShine

I am firmly in the Balotelli camp but I'm quite sure there's no chance.

Gringo180 wrote: »

We should have done it right and got him in the first place. Annoys me every time I see him in a Napoli shirt now. Can't see them selling him unless they need the cash. He's been great for them and has become a real crowd favourite.

We should have done it right and got him in the first place. Annoys me every time I see him in a Napoli shirt now. Can't see them selling him unless they need the cash. He's been great for them and has become a real crowd favourite.

For the sake of a few million pounds we missed out. Its the likes of that what annoys me about Wenger's transfer policy. He would of had at least 20 goals for us this season he is one of the best finishers in world football.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,752 ✭✭✭Mr Blobby

I am firmly in the Balotelli camp but I'm quite sure there's no chance.

Na there's a decent chance imo.
    He playing in a mid table team and will be missing out on Champions league next season.

Also with Milan missing the CL they'll lose their CL money and they could do with the cash.
    Throw 25-30M and they'd sell.

Balotelli is a loose cannon there is not a chance I would risk bringing him in and disrupting the superb team spirit we have.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,570 ✭✭✭Ulysses Gaze

Napoli won't sell him and even if they did you'd be paying 45 to 50 million to get him.

He's good, but not worth that.

This is the guy you'll probably end up signing.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Alexandre_Lacazette

• Registered Users Posts: 5,756 ✭✭✭emergingstar

It looks like Costa will end up at Chelsea

We want a striker a big upgrade on giroud

Honestly who is out there that we can get?

I'm looking for a list of 3

Napoli won't sell him and even if they did you'd be paying 45 to 50 million to get him.

He's good, but not worth that.

I'd disagree with that. He's a world class finisher and that's the price these days. I think the only reason that Benzema was kept at Madrid instead of him is that Benzema was signed as an expensive "galactico" and fits the image better than Higuain does. I like Benzema but Higuain is just as good as him if not better.

Balo, Benzema (if they get Suarez or Aguero) and dare I say it Van Persie (wouldnt want him back)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,881 ✭✭✭TimeToShine

Balotelli is a loose cannon there is not a chance I would risk bringing him in and disrupting the superb team spirit we have.

I think he's copped himself on significantly and if anyone can sort him out it's Wenger.

Our team spirit really wouldn't be superb if all it takes is one man to disrupt it. I can understand why he was such a wild card at City with all the egos in the dressing room but there really shouldn't (hopefully) be a problem with us. We need a star striker, he won't be playing second fiddle to anybody. He's also 23 and can be sold on if needs be. It's a relatively big risk but it can payoff hugely, he's a serious athlete and that's exactly what we need.

I also think if the fans receive him the right way he could grow to be very passionate for whatever club snap him up in the long term but that's just my opinion. I think he has one of those personalities.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,336 ✭✭✭Mr.Micro

Hernandez at United does not get enough games there. He could be very useful if we got him? He could continue to wear red:D

I'd disagree with that. He's a world class finisher and that's the price these days. I think the only reason that Benzema was kept at Madrid instead of him is that Benzema was signed as an expensive "galactico" and fits the image better than Higuain does. I like Benzema but Higuain is just as good as him if not better.

Totally agree. Napoli got a bargain when they signed him. 22 goals and 12 assists in 45 appearances.

Balotelli,Benzema and Jackson Martinez.

I'd be happy with any.

I think he's copped himself on significantly and if anyone can sort him out it's Wenger.

Our team spirit really wouldn't be superb if all it takes is one man to disrupt it. I can understand why he was such a wild card at City with all the egos in the dressing room but there really shouldn't (hopefully) be a problem with us. We need a star striker, he won't be playing second fiddle to anybody. He's also 23 and can be sold on if needs be. It's a relatively big risk but it can payoff hugely, he's a serious athlete and that's exactly what we need.

I also think if the fans receive him the right way he could grow to be very passionate for whatever club snap him up in the long term but that's just my opinion. I think he has one of those personalities.

I'm not knocking Wenger and not disagreeing with your overall point but I'm not sure about the 'if anyone can sort him out it's Wenger' line. I've heard it bandied about a few places.

Diarra, Bendtner, Song, Adebayor

Our bad attitudes usually don't end up working out.

gosplan wrote: »
    I'm not knocking Wenger and not disagreeing with your overall point but I'm not sure about the 'if anyone can sort him out it's Wenger' line. I've heard it bandied about a few places.

Diarra, Bendtner, Song, Adebayor

Our bad attitudes usually don't end up working out.

Balotelli has calmed down though.
    He's not even remotely the same idiot when he was a City.

Mr Blobby wrote: »
    Balotelli,Benzema and Jackson Martinez.

I'd be happy with any.

Is marteniz that good?

Undecided about balotelli myself

Can't see benzema going anywhere

• Administrators, Computer Games Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 32,409 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Mickeroo

Song and Ade were grand while they were at the club until the last month or two when they were pushing for a move away.

Is marteniz that good?

Well imo he's still unproven since he's only ever really played in Portugal.
    Also he's only scored 19 goals this season which is hardly great for the league he's in.

But he would be the perfect type of Striker for us. Big,strong,fast and lethal finishing. He'd be the cheapest out of all of them.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,382 ✭✭✭✭greendom

Is marteniz that good?

Unless Real Madrid break the bank for Suarez. I can really see him as a Real Madrid player (he says hopefully)

I can't think of any gettable striker that would be a major improvement on giroud
    If were gonna spend 30/40m he would want to be a level about giroud not just slightly better

It's not a great market I think posters here might be disappointed

• Site Banned Posts: 26,456 ✭✭✭✭Nuri Sahin

I can't think of any gettable striker that would be a major improvement on giroud
    If were gonna spend 30/40m he would want to be a level about giroud not just slightly better

It's not a great market I think posters here might be disappointed

Jackson Martinez, Immobile, Lacazette, Lasogga (could be the pick up of the summer, especially so if Hamburg are relegated).. or Schieber >_>

Remy is a step up from Giroud

Certainly in terms of pace - shame that Walcott wasn't injured when QPR were trying to get rid as I'm sure we'd have snapped him up

greendom wrote: »
    Certainly in terms of pace - shame that Walcott wasn't injured when QPR were trying to get rid as I'm sure we'd have snapped him up

Has such a high ceiling too. Cant stick him out the wings too, pace wins games look at Liverpool. Ozil having Remy, Walcott and Ox infront of him would have a field day.

• Advertisement

Now Remy is a player i like but im shocked that none of the big clubs went for Bony or Michu the time. Bony in particular looks like a player that could improve

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,573 ✭✭✭2ndcoming

Nuri Sahin wrote: »
    Jackson Martinez, Immobile, Lacazette, Lasogga (could be the pick up of the summer, especially so if Hamburg are relegated).. or Schieber >_>

Jackson Martinez would no doubt cost a lot knowing Porto's modus operandi and isn't exactly proven at the highest level.
    Lasogga has already blown a cruciate at a young age so would want to come cheap.
    Lacazette has had a good season in a poor league but was basically understudy to Sanogo at the U/20 World Cup so hard to imagine him being the answer. Immobile I like but you always have the historically poor performance of Italians in England going against that and Schieber I don't know enough about to comment on.

I think what we should be looking at is Joel Campbell returning, Sanogo developing, Giroud and Poldi kept, Bendtner and Park out and a marquee addition at centre forward. Martinez should basically be the starting point in that list of players. Anything less would be a massive gamble and we've had just about enough gambling on bargains over the last 10 years.

I am sure we will see some talent on display at the World Cup this year. New and not so new names, by the end of the tournament the prices will have become lottery numbers.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,748 ✭✭✭✭AdamD

I'd seriously question the scouting system if they can't find anyone better than Giroud, he hasn't set a particularly high standard.

I think if Giroud had a good strike partner, he would be awesome.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,748 ✭✭✭✭AdamD

Mr.Micro wrote: »

Struggle to see how Giroud could ever be awesome when hes simply not good at finishing. The rest of his game has been pretty crap for months too.

Mr.Micro wrote: »

Giroud at the start of the season is his peak imo. Would love him as our number 2, take the burden off the main striker and is a very good striker when fresh

AdamD wrote: »
    Struggle to see how Giroud could ever be awesome when hes simply not good at finishing. The rest of his game has been pretty crap for months too.

It's been crap as he has been expected to play a role he is unable to carry out. He suffers from the lack of pace in the team more than anyone

Is there actually a player called Immobile?

He can stay the f*ck away. No more immobile players thank you very much!

:D

Giroud at the start of the season is his peak imo. Would love him as our number 2, take the burden off the main striker and is a very good striker when fresh

That role would work. As it is he often alone up front and clearly does not suit him or his talents, IMO.

Now Remy is a player i like but im shocked that none of the big clubs went for Bony or Michu the time. Bony in particular looks like a player that could improve

I'd prefer Benteke/Remy over Bony.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,009 ✭✭✭kronsington

Good news, we're linked with Kalou again in some of the rags! I genuinely wouldn't be surprised if this muppet is unveiled August 31!

• Administrators, Computer Games Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 32,409 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Mickeroo

Good news, we're linked with Kalou again in some of the rags! I genuinely wouldn't be surprised if this muppet is unveiled August 31!

Ah the clocks going forward, the daffodils sprouting, Kalou being linked to the club, I love this time of year.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,333 ✭✭✭bad2dabone

I was hoping we'd look at aubameyang before dortmund got him. He's lightning quick.
    Mandzukic is available. I'd take him. I think we'll sign drmic too.

bad2dabone wrote: »
    I was hoping we'd look at aubameyang before dortmund got him. He's lightning quick.
    Mandzukic is available. I'd take him. I think we'll sign drmic too.

When it comes to avaliable world class Strikers he'd be the best.

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement