Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Arsenal Talk/Gossip/Rumours Thread 2013/14 mod warning post #5144

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,573 ✭✭✭2ndcoming

After all the down playing and denial of the Draxler deal, I was fully sure he wouldn't be coming and I was okay with that. But the way it's revved up in the past couple of days will now leave me sick if we don't have him wrapped up by tomorrow!

Cruel, cruel windows!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,990 ✭✭✭wawaman

2ndcoming wrote: »
    After all the down playing and denial of the Draxler deal, I was fully sure he wouldn't be coming and I was okay with that. But the way it's revved up in the past couple of days will now leave me sick if we don't have him wrapped up by tomorrow!

Cruel, cruel windows!

You do realise come 11.01 tomorrow night all we will have signed is Kalou !

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,276 ✭✭✭batistuta9

vucinic (loan) as well, probably dependant on Osvaldo going to them
    tello (loan)
    matudi, out of contract in summer, PSG might want some € for him + cabaye there now too

some more rumours in various papers, etc.

If PSG were letting a mid go I'd be after Adrien Rabiot. Went over to a PSG match in October and he was very impressive, couldn't believe he's only 18.

Matuidi actually came on in the game. Fans gave him a good reaction but he reminded me a bit of Song, seemed less composed than the younger man.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,569 ✭✭✭Nemeses2050

wawaman wrote: »
    You do realise come 11.01 tomorrow night all we will have signed is Kalou !

Nooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo :eek:

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 10,402 Mod ✭✭✭✭CatInABox

Nooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo :eek:

Arsenal willing to meet Lille striker Kalou's buyout clause

:p

:D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,748 ✭✭✭✭AdamD

I think Tello is the new Kalou who was the new Gourcouff

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,690 ✭✭✭✭Skylinehead

We're not signing Draxler!

*may be stolen from Manchester United thread

CatInABox wrote: »

Please don't be God...only last summer we got rid of some deadwood and we're still trying to get rid of the donkey we've. I'm sure Wenger would've learnt from his past mistakes...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,500 ✭✭✭Drexel

Come on Dickie....Make it happen

• Advertisement
  • Users Awaiting Email Confirmation Posts: 15,001 ✭✭✭✭Pepe LeFrits

**** sake, now I'm buying into this Draxler nonsense too. Roll on Saturday...

I'm telling you we must be the stingiest b****ds when it comes to transfer dealings. I'm sure all the other teams dread when they here Arsenal want to talk about their player. Look at Chelsea they sold Mata and in a blink of eye got Salah.

Mata for Salah is hardly like for like though is it?

Schalke are gonna try squeeze us for as much as they can because they're broke, but because we know they're broke and need the cash we're gonna try give them as little as possible, like all real world business really. Chelsea and City don't have to operate in the real world is the difference.

I'm telling you we must be the stingiest b****ds when it comes to transfer dealings. I'm sure all the other teams dread when they here Arsenal want to talk about their player. Look at Chelsea they sold Mata and in a blink of eye got Salah.

Yeah, that Billionaire that bankrolls Arsenal should really pay whatever for players...

Oh.. Wait...

2ndcoming wrote: »
    Mata for Salah is hardly like for like though is it?

Schalke are gonna try squeeze us for as much as they can because they're broke, but because we know they're broke and need the cash we're gonna try give them as little as possible, like all real world business really. Chelsea and City don't have to operate in the real world is the difference.

chelsea got matic & salah very quick though, same with city there's not much hanging around it seems with them either

why aren't clubs squeezing them? or are they polite enough to them, that they don't be greedy and only ask a little bit over

surely the clubs you know have owners like that, you'd try and get more money & it'd drag on longer, but nope

Yeah, that Billionaire that bankrolls Arsenal should really pay whatever for players...

Oh.. Wait...

RIP Danny Fiszman

• Administrators, Computer Games Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 32,409 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Mickeroo

They only got him so quick because Liverpool had paid for the plane ticket and medical for them. We have to do all the donkey work ourselves.

I'm not saying we must pay whatever the asking price is, but for me it seems We haggle a bit too much compared to other clubs. Salah is not a direct replacement, I just pointed how quickly they got the transfer done. In Wenger's own words we could've got both Ronaldo and Mata only for a difference of few millions. I would pay a premium to get a quality player than buying some one average on the cheap, We had gone that route and it never worked.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 13,018 ✭✭✭✭jank

Can Draxler play CF as I am not sure why we need another AM.

• Advertisement

jank wrote: »
    Can Draxler play CF as I am not sure why we need another AM.

All the talk is that he can be moulded into one. Same way we did with rvp

Bit nervous playing a Pulis team after the last draw. As much as we need to win, Pulis has a pretty good record against us. Have Palace adopted the long throw yet?

They were the most Pulis style team we played all season last time around in my opinion so he's a good fit, but I just don't think they have the quality to compete against us.

If you're fearing the worst it's worth throwing a few bob on Palace and the draw at a pretty big price to soften the blow.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,662 ✭✭✭✭extra gravy

I have a feeling it could be like the Cardiff game again...we're all over them but can't break through until late on. An early goal would would be the ideal scenario.

We need to move the ball much quicker and ffs don't settle for 2-0 win, We should put them to the sword. Need a proper reaction from the players after that lethargic 1st half against saints.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,224 ✭✭✭✭Marty McFly

Afobe gone to Sheffield Wednesday on loan, be interesting to see how he get's on.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 10,402 Mod ✭✭✭✭CatInABox

In other news, we've signed Jean Richards, a brand of watches, to be the team supplier.

More money for Arsene to throw at Draxler.

While some folk don't like their clubs signing these deals, like Dunkin Donuts and its ilk, I think that they are the sign of a healthy club. It's always good to get in money.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,336 ✭✭✭Mr.Micro

I have a feeling it could be like the Cardiff game again...we're all over them but can't break through until late on. An early goal would would be the ideal scenario.

Let's hope we get out of the blocks early on. We eventually got ahead of the Saints only to let them equalize with a training ground goal......poor. Arsenal need to play full on from the start. Palace have definitely improved under Pulis.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,161 ✭✭✭Royale with Cheese

For all the problems Stoke caused Arsenal under Pulis, it was never at the Emirates. Unless I'm mistaken I can only really remember fairly comfortable victories at home against them.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,608 ✭✭✭cathalio11

Pulis was never a problem at the Emirates.

Played into our hands every time.

Well done, Big Sam. Well done.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,205 ✭✭✭Gringo180

He's gone up in my estimation :pac:

Team news for Palace:

See here

The highlights are:

Wilshere not back in time, but should be fine for Liverpool.

Ramsey had a set back and it doesn't look good, talking weeks.

Rosicky is a possible.

Flamini is only suspended for three games?
    Crystal Palace (h), Liverpool (h), Manchester United (h)

Everyone was saying four, right?

• Registered Users Posts: 8,984 ✭✭✭Soups123

If we cant despatch CP at home then I give up, we will though and comfortably

i dont buy into this will be a tough game, if we show up do our job then this should be as close to a formality as it comes

• Administrators, Computer Games Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 32,409 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Mickeroo

What did Allardyce say? I have no sound where I am.

Palace are well set up and structured under Pulis.

He has really given them a good defensive structure.

They're also 7th in the form guide and were the better team against City.

If Palace, at this point in time, are "as close to a formality as it comes", then so are plenty of other teams.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,553 ✭✭✭Spanish Johnny

Soups123 wrote: »
    If we cant despatch CP at home then I give up, we will though and comfortably

i dont buy into this will be a tough game, if we show up do our job then this should be as close to a formality as it comes

Thats naive in the extreme if you dont mind me saying so. Since Pulis took over they are a top 10 team.

This is a team that only conceded 1 at City. No one else can say that. Plus they had chances in that game.

Chelsea struggled at the Bridge too against them.

I expect to win but anyone who has watched Palace lately will know they are a good side.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,435 ✭✭✭wandatowell

Fat Sam may be a utter prat imo. He loves giving interviews when he's scraped a draw as he thinks that playing the way he did was a genius tactical decision.
    He was so smug in the interview after he drew a game.

Where was he when West Ham were taking a battering a few weeks ago? He hid in shame while he sent out his assistant to take the flak from the press.

He's so far up his own arse its unbelievable.

And it wasn't too long ago he was pulling the same sh*t against us btw.

Fat Sam may be a utter prat imo. He loves giving interviews when he's scraped a draw as he thinks that playing the way he did was a genius tactical decision.
    He was so smug in the interview after he drew a game.

Where was he when West Ham were taking a battering a few weeks ago? He hid in shame while he sent out his assistant to take the flak from the press.

He's so far up his own arse its unbelievable.

And it wasn't too long ago he was pulling the same sh*t against us btw.

While this may be true, he doesn't poke people in the eye and his arrogance doesn't radiate wherever he goes.

Mourinho is one of the most foul creatures to ever manage in the Premier League and I am delighted that Big Sam did him over in the presser.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,756 ✭✭✭emergingstar

Gonna be a nervousness day and a half as we try push a deal through

• Advertisement

Mickeroo wrote: »
    What did Allardyce say? I have no sound where I am.

"He can't take it can he? He just can't take it."

"I don't give a ****e about what he says".

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 630 ✭✭✭liamygunner29

Does everyone want the Draxler then?

Bit sickened he isn't a 40million out and out striker myself. Also don't see the point in upsetting any of our current AMs - podolski, gnarby and even the Ox. We have so many of them now.

I have read about Wenger wanting to turn him into a striker but sure is this true? How long will it take? Young man like him adapting to the PL, as well as changing positions will be no easy task; Germans do adapt a bit quicker it seems, due to the nature of their game, still no quick fix is it?

I would love to hear why people are excited about getting him, so I can as well.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,984 ✭✭✭Soups123

Thats naive in the extreme if you dont mind me saying so. Since Pulis took over they are a top 10 team.

This is a team that only conceded 1 at City. No one else can say that. Plus they had chances in that game.

Chelsea struggled at the Bridge too against them.

I expect to win but anyone who has watched Palace lately will know they are a good side.

There us nothing naive about saying we should be beating teams like Palace at home. Palace are average. Watch this thread come sunday night if we dont win and see if I am naive in my expectation

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 630 ✭✭✭liamygunner29

Does everyone want the Draxler then?

Bit sickened he isn't a 40million out and out striker myself. Also don't see the point in upsetting any of our current AMs - podolski, gnarby and even the Ox. We have so many of them now.

I have read about Wenger wanting to turn him into a striker but sure is this true? How long will it take? Young man like him adapting to the PL, as well as changing positions will be no easy task; Germans do adapt a bit quicker it seems, due to the nature of their game, still no quick fix is it?

I would love to hear why people are excited about getting him, so I can as well.

Bit strange!

• Registered Users Posts: 5,336 ✭✭✭Mr.Micro

cathalio11 wrote: »
    While this may be true, he doesn't poke people in the eye and his arrogance doesn't radiate wherever he goes.

Mourinho is one of the most foul creatures to ever manage in the Premier League and I am delighted that Big Sam did him over in the presser.

Mourinho has become worse, if that was possible. He dishes it out and can't take it. Such a hypocrite. All he needed was Juan goal last night. Sorry about that, I could not resist.:D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,342 ✭✭✭Bobby Baccala

I genuinely don't see the hype around draxler, given his stats where does he get this massive pricetag from? He's an unnecessary luxury in my opinion, not what we need at all

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,224 ✭✭✭✭Marty McFly

Since some people are a bit perplexed about Draxler one of the brightest and best young talents in Europe Arsenal should pullout of any deal let him join City, United or Chelsea so we can all moan in a couple of years saying why werent we in for him when he was going were just tight bastards now that he is ripping the league apart ;):p.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,428 ✭✭✭.jacksparrow.

Mr.Micro wrote: »
    Mourinho has become worse, if that was possible. He dishes it out and can't take it. Such a hypocrite. All he needed was Juan goal last night. Sorry about that, I could not resist.:D

Careful now, the mob was out in force against me in the Chelsea thread last night for suggesting Jose is a hypocrite, apparently he's not, even after his comments last night.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,478 ✭✭✭✭gnfnrhead

People saying Palace should be easy? There are no easy teams in the Premier League any more. There are some not great teams, but still no easy teams.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,536 ✭✭✭Dolph Starbeam

gnfnrhead wrote: »
    People saying Palace should be easy? There are no easy teams in the Premier League any more. There are some not great teams, but still no easy teams.

Try telling Man City that.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement