Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Arsenal Talk/Gossip/Rumours Thread 2013/14 mod warning post #5144

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,012 ✭✭✭✭Alfred Borden

ronjo wrote: »
    Just noticed that Wenger has said he would be unlikely to start. Does make more sense. Other players will have had 8 days off so no tired legs.

Ramsey defo shouldnt start or we are asking for another set back. Beginning to get nervous now, massive week for the club.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,431 ✭✭✭dvemail

Morata got himself a goal tonight against Sociedad.

http://www.dailymotion.com/video/x1m21oy_morata-goal-real-sociedad-vs-real-madrid-0-4-05-04-2014_sport?start=16

Showing a nice bit of speed. Something different if we did manage to get him.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 763 ✭✭✭John Cherry

Just a question for the Arsenal fans in here.

Would you rather win the fa cup or come 4th ?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,382 ✭✭✭✭greendom

No either or it has to be both

Like greendom said it has to be both or its a failure of a season for me.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,344 ✭✭✭OneEightSeven

A lot more money in the Champions League; however, I will be very disappointed if we didn't achieve both this season.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 763 ✭✭✭John Cherry

Raf32 wrote: »
    Like greendom said it has to be both or its a failure of a season for me.

So if you win the fa cup and come 5th would you say Wenger needs to go ?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 52,423 ✭✭✭✭tayto lover

The Cup and fourth is all we can achieve now.
    Disappointed we didn't win the league and I feel we could have with a bit more ambition by the manager and board. We can't always blame injuries.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 792 ✭✭✭Topbike77

I think Deulofeu would be an ideal forward to go for in the summer. Although I would imagine he'd be costly.

• Advertisement

No but he would definitely be on his last chance for me. If he didnt have a good summer in the market and we struggled next year i would probably want him gone then but hopefully doesnt come to that.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,333 ✭✭✭bad2dabone

no, but if we dont get both targets its been a disappointing season and that's down to errors made in Tactics, in Medical supervision of players and in the transfer market, and those are down to the manager. However I'd never want him to be gone, sacked or whatever. I'd like the errors corrected for next season.
    In other words: instead of nabbing an opportunity buy on the last day of the transfer window, maybe have a plan with a few targets in mind and make them happen.
    Instead of pulling out of deals cos they're a little pricier than your valuation (suarez, higuain) maybe pay the bit extra
    Instead of signing 3 free players (one with a broken back) maybe act like a club with 140million in cash reserves and, you know, pay for some established players in positions that need it.
    Instead of pushing forward suicidally against liverpool and chelsea resulting in dreadful, terrible, morale crushing defeats, maybe play a bit smart so we're not 2 or 3 down after 10 minutes.
    Instead of having a look into why we always have a tonne of injuries this season, maybe have a look into why we have a lot of injuries EVERY season!

as i said, i don't want a change of manager. I'd like him to be a bit less stubborn on certain things.

I won't give up on harbouring hopes for the title until it's mathematically impossible.

Or 3rd :pac:
    I really want 3rd so we can sort out summer signings quickly.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,382 ✭✭✭✭greendom

I won't give up on harbouring hopes for the title until it's mathematically impossible.

A win tomorrow and we're still in with a chance of a top 3 finish. Lose and its a fight for 4th

does the 3rd or 4th thing really effect us? all we'd have to do is point at our qualification record like. or point at a big salary :)

fun stat, Arsenal are the only PL team to not have an opposition player sent off against them this season.

BkesIm6CIAAqCpL.jpg:large

BkesJGZCUAAJKib.jpg:large

BkesIsPCQAApQ5_.jpg:large

https://vine.co/v/h2IlOxJE1x1

the reffing this season - for all clubs in the PL - has been dire.

bad2dabone wrote: »
    fun stat, Arsenal are the only PL team to not have an opposition player sent off against them this season.

the reffing this season - for all clubs in the PL - has been dire.

Think it's more to do with poor refereeing than a slight on Arsenal.
    Has been shockers in most league matches none more so than whoever is the linesman at the Etihad.

Damn sight better than the La Liga refs though.

Raf32 wrote: »
    No but he would definitely be on his last chance for me. If he didnt have a good summer in the market and we struggled next year i would probably want him gone then but hopefully doesnt come to that.
    For me summer ends at the start of August. Signing a couple of players in the last week when there's already 4 league games and a CL qualifier or 2 already done followed by the "bedding in" time ain't good enough.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,756 ✭✭✭emergingstar

For me summer ends at the start of August. Signing a couple of players in the last week when there's already 4 league games and a CL qualifier or 2 already done followed by the "bedding in" time ain't good enough.

Jayus I actually agree with ya :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,480 ✭✭✭ronjo

Jayus I actually agree with ya :)

Ok I think it's time for a new thread. This one is totally fcuked up!!! :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,819 ✭✭✭EuropeanSon

ronjo wrote: »
    Ok I think it's time for a new thread. This one is totally fcuked up!!! :D

I think so too. We've had an utterly horrendous time since GavRedKing opened it with this at the end of January:
    GavRedKing wrote: »
    New thread, may it bring ye no success :pac: :P

He's a witch I tell you, a witch! :mad:

Gooner Updates ‏@GoonerUpdates 14h
    Chelsea have spent more on manager's in 10 years than Arsene Wenger has spent (net) on players in 17 years [via @wenger_facts]

wow :eek:

Get the feckin win today and that's pretty much done, just the cup to worry about then.

Arsenal FC ‏@Arsenal 1h

#Arsenal team to play Everton: Szczesny, Sagna, Mertesacker, Vermaelen, Monreal, Arteta, Flamini, Rosicky, Cazorla, Podolski, Giroud

Arteta and Flamini, not a fan of that.

Anyway, shan't be around here for the match, hopefully I'll come back to a relaxed atmosphere.

• Advertisement

Must not lose

Arteta and Flamini, not a fan of that.

Anyway, shan't be around here for the match, hopefully I'll come back to a relaxed atmosphere.

Praying for a nice quiet thread after the match.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,042 ✭✭✭✭L'prof

Arsenal subs: Viviano, Jenkinson, Bellerin, Kallstrom, Oxlade-Chamberlain, Ramsey, Sanogo

Decent bench, I reckon Chamberlain, Ramsey & Kallstrom will come on.

• Registered Users Posts: 167 ✭✭boodiebhoy

Ramsey on the bench today

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,205 ✭✭✭Gringo180

dvemail wrote: »
    Arsenal FC ‏@Arsenal 1h

#Arsenal team to play Everton: Szczesny, Sagna, Mertesacker, Vermaelen, Monreal, Arteta, Flamini, Rosicky, Cazorla, Podolski, Giroud

Team devoid of any pace. Easy tactics for Martinez, sit deep soak up the pressure and hit us on the counter.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,480 ✭✭✭✭cson

Martinez as heir apparent to the AW throne too fwiw.

Granted he goes slightly against my rhetoric of (i) has to have managed a big club (ii) has to have won a major league or CL. But... I think he has what it takes.

Him or Klopp will do a job.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,516 ✭✭✭jonneymendoza

come on arsenal!!

• Registered Users Posts: 5,336 ✭✭✭Mr.Micro

We need to get our act together. Can see a mauling here, if we are not careful.

Whos playing right wing?? A disgrace at defending whoever it is Sagna always left with 2 men.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 10,402 Mod ✭✭✭✭CatInABox

Jesus. Need a change.

How bad are we. Players out there with not a care in the world. DISGRACE!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,570 ✭✭✭Ulysses Gaze

Gringo180 wrote: »
    How bad are we. Players out there with not a care in the world. DISGRACE!!

Arsenal need to rid themselves of:

Monreal
    Podolski
    Arteta
    Flamini
    Giroud

None of them are good enough for Arsenal.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,009 ✭✭✭kronsington

Pitiful stuff. Giroud is absolute muck

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,483 ✭✭✭brianregan09

I've always supported Wenger but christ the team out there today just looks thrown together and they've no idea what there doing, As an above poster mentioned theres big changes needed in the squad and I just can't see Wenger doing it

Giroud, Vermaelen, Arteta, Monreal, Podolski, Flamini, Rosicky not one of any of those would get near the City or Chelsea teams ....there in lies the problem and it doesn't help then when substandard players don't perform

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 52,423 ✭✭✭✭tayto lover

Monreal
    Podolski
    Arteta
    Flamini
    Giroud

Yeah those 5 have been putrid today.
    Wenger needed to change things after 14 minutes but big fail again.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,336 ✭✭✭Mr.Micro

We in for a hammering? Pathetic. I was hoping for a draw, before the match.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 29,117 ✭✭✭✭Quazzie

Monreal
    Podolski
    Arteta
    Flamini
    Giroud

Disagree with Podolski. I think he could be a very good second option for us either coming off the bench or starting against a weaker side. Flamini is lacking but he has his uses as a squad player.

I wouldn't get rid of them, but I would buy in replacements and relegate them to squad rotation. We need to increase our squad, and getting rid of 5 players, plus Bendtner, and possibly Sagna would mean we need to but 9-10 to get the squad we need. That's not going to happen.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,748 ✭✭✭✭AdamD

We've all moaned about Wilshere this season but my god hes better than those 2 holding our midfield today. They're offering nothing. We need real wingers with the athleticism to run the line too, Podolski/Cazorla/Rosicky do not have it in them. Monreal just looks like a liability now, which is sad.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,435 ✭✭✭wandatowell

Is it fair to blame luck/injuries for our current form?

Pretty disgraceful. I hope the boys like all them eastern european countries because thats where we will be playing on a thursday night. Giroud I have no words for its like playing with ten men, no effort no conviction terrible player. Arteta is terrible again today, has no legs. Ox our fasted player is on the bench so we just play infront of them playing into their hands. And again I will say it Per cant be playing the big games, the big teams play behind him and he cant make up for it with his lack of pace. Kos carries per the same way ramsey carries arteta imo and there should be no passengers in this team.

• Administrators, Computer Games Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 32,409 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Mickeroo

Giroud seems to have reverted to being scared of the ball again. He should have gotten a head on a few of those crosses today even if it meant clattering into Howard. Throw Ramsey and Ox on at half time to feck.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 29,117 ✭✭✭✭Quazzie

TV5 could've stopped that first goal on two different occasions but on both occasions he just watched the play and done nothing. I'm absolutely furious here looking at it. He actually looked like he actively avoided going for the ball in the initial pass.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,174 ✭✭✭Irish Aris

Is it fair to blame luck/injuries for our current form?

It is, to a certain extend.
    But, boy, do they look like a random bunch of lads in the pitch today. . .

I've seen soil move faster than Giroud.

• Advertisement

and again wenger being out managed, every game like this that goes by my faith in him dwindles. Needs a big second half

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement