Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Arsenal Talk/Gossip/Rumours Thread 2013/14 mod warning post #5144

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,205 ✭✭✭Gringo180

Another thing. How can we justify our ticket prices with this ****e on display?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,516 ✭✭✭jonneymendoza

cson wrote: »
    There's the biggest indictment of the resourcing of the club tbh. In any other business if you were depending on someone so inexperienced to be an integral part of your key team; you'd be sacked.

There's a stunning lack of nous in so many facets of this club its incredible. The ****ing stadium and squeezing fans is about the only thing we can say we do better than most.

i paid £30 for the fa cup semi game. thank god arsenal are not in charge of ticket pricing else they would have charged us 100+ plus

Gringo180 wrote: »

and u wonder why people want wenger sacked

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 29,117 ✭✭✭✭Quazzie

i paid £30 for the fa cup semi game. thank god arsenal are not in charge of ticket pricing else they would have charged us 100+ plus

Two pluses. That seems like a lot.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,333 ✭✭✭bad2dabone

arsenal have broken my brainwashing techinques up. My 4 yr old daughter's not even upset at the defeat. She's on her scooter out the back garden wearing a cowboy hat.

She's so brave.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,480 ✭✭✭✭cson

Gervinho with another assist today. 7 goals and 9 assists from him so far this season.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 10,402 Mod ✭✭✭✭CatInABox

We don't even look close to scoring.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,205 ✭✭✭Gringo180

and u wonder why people want wenger sacked

My patience is been seriously stretched.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,500 ✭✭✭Fuzzy_Dunlop

Well, at least Ramsey is still good.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,480 ✭✭✭✭cson

Where'd you get a ticket for £30?

They were hardly on General Sale?

Though the thoughts of watching them capitulate to Wigan (as if that hasn't happened before in a Semi Final against Wigan... :( ) are making me queasy.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,798 ✭✭✭speedboatchase

Gringo180 wrote: »

Well, Wenger does need a new contract so I guess we have no choice.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,431 ✭✭✭dvemail

The mindset of this team is arseways.

cson wrote: »
    Where'd you get a ticket for £30?

They were hardly on General Sale?

Though the thoughts of watching them capitulate to Wigan (as if that hasn't happened before in a Semi Final against Wigan... :( ) are making me queasy.

Only to red members who have been to more then 11 games this season.. shows much waste of ****ing money i put on this club but glad that half the games i saw was when we was playing well in the 1st half of the season.

bargain compared to how much i normaly pay

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,300 ✭✭✭HazDanz

What a fcuking muck performance.

One positive. Ramsey looked fresh and engaged - injury doesn't seem to have affected his form.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,435 ✭✭✭wandatowell

Had no idea Everton had a game in hand.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,748 ✭✭✭✭AdamD

Mr Blobby wrote: »
    No he doesn't..
    Mert pulls his weight perfectly fine.

Have to disagree, him and Arteta put huge pressure on the players beside them to make up for their weaknesses. Mertesacker was at sea today

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,431 ✭✭✭dvemail

At least we will have Ramsey for the run in and possibly Ozil from the West Ham match on.
    Crazy how much we have missed those two players.

everton have a better goal difference then us too

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,216 ✭✭✭Looper007

For me that was the game that finally turned me on Wenger. He needs to go guys.

No heart No desire from the manager on the sidelines or from his players on the field. Sorry Arsenal are a top club and to beaten by Everton like that and the ease it was done has finally turned me to the Wenger out side.

The Fa Cup, if we do win it will only paper over the cracks. No way will Wenger go out in the summer and splash the big bucks needed to buy in some world class talent, no untried youngsters or bargain buys this time Mr Wenger. I think he's at fault for this slump, he didn't buy a world class striker when we clearly needed one cause he was too stubborn to splash the cash on other talents needed. He won't get rid of the players that aren't good enough cause he's too damn loyal and stubborn.

Time to cut our losses and bring in a new young manager with new ideas. IT's working at Liverpool and Everton.

Had no idea Everton had a game in hand.

theyve a hard run in. we've 5 must win winnable games. but we're shiiiiiite at the moment.

• Advertisement
  • Administrators, Computer Games Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 32,409 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Mickeroo

When do Everton play their game in hand? Didn't realise they even had one.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 366 ✭✭sh__93

I see talk of a new manager building up.
    I've always had a lot of respect for Wenger as a manager but never really liked him personally.
    Just wondering who you guys would want to replace him? And if you got 4th (it's still very possible so heads up :) ) would you still want him gone?

• Administrators, Computer Games Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 32,409 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Mickeroo

Looper007 wrote: »

No heart No desire from the manager on the sidelines or from his players on the field. Sorry Arsenal are a top club and to beaten by Everton like that and the ease it was done has finally turned me to the Wenger out side.

The Fa Cup, if we do win it will only paper over the cracks. No way will Wenger go out in the summer and splash the big bucks needed to buy in some world class talent, no untried youngsters or bargain buys this time Mr Wenger. I think he's at fault for this slump, he didn't buy a world class striker when we clearly needed one cause he was too stubborn to splash the cash on other talents needed. He won't get rid of the players that aren't good enough cause he's too damn loyal and stubborn.

Time to cut our losses and bring in a new young manager with new ideas. IT's working at Liverpool and Everton.

It's time for a change for sure. Hopefully he can lift the cup, would be a good way to sign off.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 53,262 ✭✭✭✭GavRedKing

Mickeroo wrote: »

16th April at home to Palace

So f*cking pissed off with that f*cking shocking "display".

If I saw any other team play like that I'd say the manager has lost the dressing room.

All those players should hang their heads in shame.

And Wengers "tactics" need to be seriously examined. Who was looking after Baines?

That was up there with the defeat from Chelsea imo.

F*cking dreading Saturday now.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,012 ✭✭✭✭Alfred Borden

I thought people were being way over confident here about getting the top 4 a week ago and this proves it. I dont think we will get it, Id rather have the form over the fixtures tbh. Yano if we lose the cup we have had as bad a season as MOYE'S united.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,336 ✭✭✭Mr.Micro

Are there Any teams left that we can beat in our remaining games.....desperation or what?:eek::eek:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,382 ✭✭✭✭greendom

sh__93 wrote: »
    I've always had a lot of respect for Wenger as a manager but never really liked him personally.
    Just wondering who you guys would want to replace him? And if you got 4th (it's still very possible so heads up :) ) would you still want him gone?

i don't want him gone. And I still think we'll get 4th. My faith has been shaken somewhat by that display though.

AdamD wrote: »
    Have to disagree, him and Arteta put huge pressure on the players beside them to make up for their weaknesses. Mertesacker was at sea today

I would blame the midfield who didnt bother their holes tracking back YET AGAIN. How could any defence cope with them? Monreal on the other hand though? Ive never seen such a pathetic poor excuse for a premier league defender. A shambles.

I think the club needs a change during the summer. Even if they finish fourth they dont deserve to. Their obvious lack of effort is a reflection of the managers lack of influence, lack of a plan and now apparent lack of control over the team. Hate to say it but AW is finished.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,483 ✭✭✭brianregan09

sh__93 wrote: »

I think Jurgen Klopp is the ideal man to take us forward , Plays a similar style of football but does have a plan B often and is a lot more solid I feel summer will possibly be the right time as he probably feels he can't take Dortmund any further plus theres already a nice German base at Arsenal to work with and i'm sure he could perseude a few of the Dortmund players to come

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 5,428 ✭✭✭.jacksparrow.

Can see Wigan dumping up out of the cup.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 15,694 Mod ✭✭✭✭dfx-

Mickeroo wrote: »

It's the one that was called off midweek because it was rather blustery in the northwest I think

• Registered Users Posts: 406 ✭✭Yurt

Suarez should move to Arsenal..There a much bigger club

greendom wrote: »
    i don't want him gone. And I still think we'll get 4th. My faith has been shaken somewhat by that display though.

6-3 v City
    5-1 v Liverpool
    6-0 v Chelsea
    3-0 v Everton

Wenger is finished imo. Some of that team arent even trying for him and those who are actually getting shots in on goal he substitutes them

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,395 ✭✭✭✭Utopia Parkway

dfx- wrote: »
    It's the one that was called off midweek because it was rather blustery in the northwest I think

Yeah at home to Palace.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,940 ✭✭✭omega man

So 4th is no longer in our hands and we need Everton to drop points. To be honest with utd hitting some form and considering our collapse it's plausible that even they'll overhaul us and we'll finish 6th, 7th. Sorry but I can't help the pessimism.

Wigan game is now a must must win let alone a must win. I'm worried.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,012 ✭✭✭✭Alfred Borden

Whats happened our club boys? We are the laughing stock at the end of every year

I think Jurgen Klopp is the ideal man to take us forward , Plays a similar style of football but does have a plan B often and is a lot more solid I feel summer will possibly be the right time as he probably feels he can't take Dortmund any further plus theres already a nice German base at Arsenal to work with and i'm sure he could perseude a few of the Dortmund players to come

Klopp is good but Martinez would be my number one choice.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 29,117 ✭✭✭✭Quazzie

Yurt wrote: »

Cool story bro.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,846 ✭✭✭Moneymaker

Doesn't your team have a game in about 20 minutes?

Grow up ffs.

Where a much bigger club?

• Registered Users Posts: 727 ✭✭✭Muirshin Durkin

You should move to the liverpool forum.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,106 ✭✭✭joeguevara

Raf32 wrote: »
    Whats happened our club boys? We are the laughing stock at the end of every year

Arsenal are the club that always put a great run at the end of every year. Actually so are Everton.

When is Kos back?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,174 ✭✭✭Sergio

Looper007 wrote: »

Couldnt agree more with you Wenger has to go at the end of the season. He has lost the dressing room and when that happens its time for change. I know people keep saying how good a manager he is and what he has done for Arsenal football club but how long can people keep defending him and his philosophy.I am so frustrated with the same crap every season and when its crunch time his teams consistently fall at the final hurdle!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 35,514 ✭✭✭✭efb

To those that wanted a trophy over 4th, what you want right now?

i've no problem with chaps who talk sh1t in their own club threads, or who talk sh1t in match threads.

but there's one bunch of fans who consistently come in to this thread after an adverse result to make hilarious comments.

so fair play to you Yurt for staying true to type. Good man.

Dude, you're giving us a bad name. Stahp!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,382 ✭✭✭✭greendom

Wigan will really fancy their chances after watching that. I hope we can find a performance from somewhere.

bad2dabone wrote: »
    i've no problem with chaps who talk sh1t in their own club threads, or who talk sh1t in match threads.

but there's one bunch of fans who consistently come in to this thread after an adverse result to make hilarious comments.

so fair play to you Yurt for staying true to type. Good man.

Hold on now, I came in with a genuine question. Don't generalise buddy.

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement