Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Arsenal Talk/Gossip/Rumours Thread 2013/14 mod warning post #5144

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,012 ✭✭✭✭Alfred Borden

anyone worried here that if wenger walks, bould will get it?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,662 ✭✭✭✭extra gravy

In Italy, Sinisa Mihajlovic punished Sampdoria for their 2-0 defeat to 10-man Lazio by cancelling their day off and scheduling a 7.30am training session. Could you imagine this happening at Arsenal. There doesn't seem to be any penalties for poor performances. The players know they can turn up on Saturday and however they perform, they'll still have their days off and fat pay packets at the end of the week.

Wenger should have said nothing after the match yesterday, leave the players in the dressing room and go home alone.

Raf32 wrote: »
    Team for sat for me would be
    Fab
    Sagna
    Per
    Tv5
    Gibbs
    Arteta----Ramsey

Santi
    Ox
    Podolski
    Gnabry

Need pace badly

Rosicky for Arteta and you got a deal.

And we'll start to defend again?

Yeah. Petrified.

:pac:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 26,458 ✭✭✭✭gandalf

Rosicky for Arteta and you got a deal.

Yep we need to go all out and get a big win to help kick start things again. There's no point in us trying to defend it appears we have forgotten how to do this!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,478 ✭✭✭ronjo

Thought actually never entered my head. I would be surprised to be honest and not pleasantly.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,382 ✭✭✭✭greendom

Wenger should have said nothing after the match yesterday, leave the players in the dressing room and go home alone.

Making sure dressing room door was locked

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,382 ✭✭✭✭greendom

This thread is nearly no more :)

Maybe we'll have better luck with the next one. Just make sure that Blue mod doesn't set up the next one ! ;)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,500 ✭✭✭Drexel

This thread is nearly no more :)

and hopefully Gav wont create a new one this time. Put a hex on us he has with his OP

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,276 ✭✭✭batistuta9

Soups123 wrote: »
    I think thats an over exageration. The club is in need of change but structural, organisationally, financially etc. it is in excellent condition. A manager with a tactical approach, money to spend and some freshness will go along way.

Who ever takes over from Arsene will be given a grear opportunity to build something special.

it might be a bit but i don't think it's as good as you make out either, bar financially.

arsenal are very dependant on wenger atm, there's stories that when he goes that is something they're going to change

• Administrators, Computer Games Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 32,409 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Mickeroo

jonny666 wrote: »
    and hopefully Gav wont create a new one this time. Put a hex on us he has with his OP

There's a lot of unlucky thread titles going on around here lately :D

• Registered Users Posts: 2,009 ✭✭✭kronsington

I know AW gets the Brunt of the stick here (whether all of it is justified is another matter) but more fingers Should be aimed at the players IMO. Wenger has consistently defended supported and praised these lads and they have let us down when it counts. Yes the team is a reflection of the managers vision and personality, but the character, spirit (AW's favourite word) mental stength (another one) has to be seriously questioned. The Infamous selfie, Giroud's episode, players laughing at Evertons 3rd and many other instances raise major doubts about the character of several of this current bunch. Their is an air of cockiness, arrogance and entitlement that permeates from this current side ad something needs to be done about it.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,333 ✭✭✭bad2dabone

jonny666 wrote: »

It's all gavs fault.

bad2dabone wrote: »
    It's all gavs fault.

We need to make sure this thread is finished before Saturday

• Advertisement

So

keep

posting

crap

:D

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 10,402 Mod ✭✭✭✭CatInABox

Nah, none of those tricks, makes reading a chore.

Perhaps we should invite a few of the Liverpool lads into the thread, tell them that even if they finish above us, they'll still be a smaller club? :p

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,462 ✭✭✭✭WoollyRedHat

Reading the first page compared to where we are now is painful stuff.

We had such high hopes and dreams of greater things, now we sit on fourth, with Everton looming not too far behind us.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,828 ✭✭✭gosplan

Yes yes I see.

They really are a one man team, Liverpool.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 29,117 ✭✭✭✭Quazzie

gosplan wrote: »
    Yes yes I see.

They're only where they are because of the all the penalties they get from diving.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,859 ✭✭✭Courtesy Flush

gosplan wrote: »
    Yes yes I see.

Its better than being a no man team

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,462 ✭✭✭✭WoollyRedHat

But is it better than a team of Gary Breens??

• Registered Users Posts: 1,553 ✭✭✭Spanish Johnny

Haven't had a proper chance to be on the site since yesterday and I am afraid of the risk to my mental health and wellbeing if I read back over the thread since as it can only be justifiably bad.

How am not in Curry's today buying a new TV il never know as I nearly put a remote control and a pint glass through it on numerous occasions yesterday.

I think the tide has turned for Arsene Wenger now. I would say even with the FA Cup and 4th there is a strong chance he will leave. This saddens me greatly. There is no man in football I would like to see win another EPL than Wenger. The fact that his enormous legacy is even being overshadowed now is a sad and depressing thought. Whenever he leaves it should be on a high and can never be forgotten or underestimated what he has achieved for this club.

I have no qualms in saying I would like him to stay but I do think it has got to the point that the best interests of the Club that he moves on. The consistent negativity and being continuously one game away from a crisis means a new start might be best. This s**t about 9 years without a trophy has had a massive impact on sensitive Arsenal fans despite the reality being that we have only consistently attempted to win 2 competitions in that period if our team selections are observed.

We need this FA Cup win now to stop this rubbish. Unfortunately that is what it has come too. I would safely say an FA Cup is preferable to 4th for the mentality and future of this team and even ultimately the sanity of Arsenal fans. I genuinely can't imagine what here will be like or facing other fans will be like if we **** this FA Cup run up.

For Wenger - he has made mistakes this season. I don't think they amount to a sackable offence or a resignation. I do believe we have been unlucky but also he has not helped himself. We needed pace in January. Not necessarily a striker but pace.

I am probably a little less disappointed than a lot of fans as I have maintained from the outset that we would not get the title and never expected too. I always believed the table even in early January was deceptive given that the second half of the season is always, absolutely always where it matters. It is where squad depth matters and bigger pressure games are played combined with advanced cup competitions.

If I here that stupid 'but we were ahead after 19 games having played everyone' statement again the TV will get it this time. The second half of the season is where it is at and that March fixture list was always going to be a test of our true status and that was borne out.

Said from the start that this was still a developing team and it remains so. Still some very weak links and Arteta's regression has been truly startling as the pace catches up with him. Flamini can't even paper over the cracks now.

I do feel for Wenger that we are only entering the second year of an ability to financially compete given his sacrifice. Ozil was the beginning of that. We will still have the few on here that will waffle on with rubbish about how ;we have been rich for years', 'we are top of the banking league again hahaha' and other stupid quips without taking the time out to actually look at the facts and the situation.

As I said before there is a myth out there that Wenger doesn't like to spend. He spent plenty when we had it up until before the Emirates move and he has no problems spending it now when we have it. But again that removes the ability of a few to make wisecracks about 'young, cheap, injured French players'.

Don't forget there is only one reason Ozil is at Arsenal. Had some of us enlightened ones on here had our way we would have had another €100 million spent on Fellaini, Lamela and Soldado.

I am not so sure he has lost the dressing room regards motivation and these bad defeats would never happen if Viera or Petit or Adams were around, etc, etc. We had many crumbling and disgraceful performances in that era too. We just had better teams so it happened less often.

Anyway as I said at the outset the fact remains that given the crisis mode and negativity that exists it may be in the best interests of the Club that he does go.

Will only get involved in successor talk when he actually goes but we will need to be very very careful.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,174 ✭✭✭Irish Aris

well said Johnny.
    I don't think most people will forget the impact that Arsene Wenger had in Arsenal. He took us from the mediocrity of the first half of the 90's and for 8-9 years helped Arsenal get back on the map of European football as a power to be recognized.
    I would go as far as say that the dry years after 2005 weren't a complete disaster, having in mind the financial constraints caused from the move to Emirates. Consistent presence in the top-4 and CL football every single year is not something to be dismissed easily.

We have reached to the point, though, that the "Emirates loan" excuse has expired. The club has been closing with big profits for, what, 3? 4? years now. I want to see some of these profits re-invested back to the team. And to be honest, I am not sure that Wenger would be that type of manager, not anymore. I understand that his attitude is "I am not paying more than what I think a player's value is" but the rules of the game have changed. On occasions you may have to pay more than what a player worth, otherwise someone else will.

There are more worrying signs (to me, at least) to back this opinion.
    The absolutely classless offer to Liverpool for Suarez.
    The lack of transfers on January-even if you can't find a top-class player, surely there are better/more options than Kallstrom.
    The fact that he won't try harder to secure Sagna and have one thing less to worry about in the transfer window.

All these make me very reluctant to think that things have changed.
    Like you said, I won't be overly happy to see him leave. But IF we can find a good replacement and start things afresh, I won't be overly sad either.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 52,408 ✭✭✭✭tayto lover

Haven't had a proper chance to be on the site since yesterday and I am afraid of the risk to my mental health and wellbeing if I read back over the thread since as it can only be justifiably bad.

How am not in Curry's today buying a new TV il never know as I nearly put a remote control and a pint glass through it on numerous occasions yesterday.

I think the tide has turned for Arsene Wenger now. I would say even with the FA Cup and 4th there is a strong chance he will leave. This saddens me greatly. There is no man in football I would like to see win another EPL than Wenger. The fact that his enormous legacy is even being overshadowed now is a sad and depressing thought. Whenever he leaves it should be on a high and can never be forgotten or underestimated what he has achieved for this club.

I have no qualms in saying I would like him to stay but I do think it has got to the point that the best interests of the Club that he moves on. The consistent negativity and being continuously one game away from a crisis means a new start might be best. This s**t about 9 years without a trophy has had a massive impact on sensitive Arsenal fans despite the reality being that we have only consistently attempted to win 2 competitions in that period if our team selections are observed.

We need this FA Cup win now to stop this rubbish. Unfortunately that is what it has come too. I would safely say an FA Cup is preferable to 4th for the mentality and future of this team and even ultimately the sanity of Arsenal fans. I genuinely can't imagine what here will be like or facing other fans will be like if we **** this FA Cup run up.

For Wenger - he has made mistakes this season. I don't think they amount to a sackable offence or a resignation. I do believe we have been unlucky but also he has not helped himself. We needed pace in January. Not necessarily a striker but pace.

I am probably a little less disappointed than a lot of fans as I have maintained from the outset that we would not get the title and never expected too. I always believed the table even in early January was deceptive given that the second half of the season is always, absolutely always where it matters. It is where squad depth matters and bigger pressure games are played combined with advanced cup competitions.

If I here that stupid 'but we were ahead after 19 games having played everyone' statement again the TV will get it this time. The second half of the season is where it is at and that March fixture list was always going to be a test of our true status and that was borne out.

Said from the start that this was still a developing team and it remains so. Still some very weak links and Arteta's regression has been truly startling as the pace catches up with him. Flamini can't even paper over the cracks now.

I do feel for Wenger that we are only entering the second year of an ability to financially compete given his sacrifice. Ozil was the beginning of that. We will still have the few on here that will waffle on with rubbish about how ;we have been rich for years', 'we are top of the banking league again hahaha' and other stupid quips without taking the time out to actually look at the facts and the situation.

As I said before there is a myth out there that Wenger doesn't like to spend. He spent plenty when we had it up until before the Emirates move and he has no problems spending it now when we have it. But again that removes the ability of a few to make wisecracks about 'young, cheap, injured French players'.

Don't forget there is only one reason Ozil is at Arsenal. Had some of us enlightened ones on here had our way we would have had another €100 million spent on Fellaini, Lamela and Soldado.

I am not so sure he has lost the dressing room regards motivation and these bad defeats would never happen if Viera or Petit or Adams were around, etc, etc. We had many crumbling and disgraceful performances in that era too. We just had better teams so it happened less often.

Anyway as I said at the outset the fact remains that given the crisis mode and negativity that exists it may be in the best interests of the Club that he does go.

Will only get involved in successor talk when he actually goes but we will need to be very very careful.

All the above does not explain Wenger's lack of tactics and team selection for games against different teams i.e. Chelsea, Liverpool and United (I will pardon his approach against City). Nor does it explain the team having no motivation and allowing themselves to be bullied and pushed around the park and the lack of basic effort.
    It doesn't explain the reasons why the obvious cracks were never repaired.
    It is not today or yesterday that those "certain posters" spotted that money in the bank was more important than quality on the field.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,333 ✭✭✭bad2dabone

well said johnny.

and i must add the attempt to bait the liverpool fans into filling up our thread is the only thing to raise a smile to my face since yesterday.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,224 ✭✭✭✭Marty McFly

All the above does not explain Wenger's lack of tactics and team selection for games against different teams i.e. Chelsea, Liverpool and United (I will pardon his approach against City). Nor does it explain the team having no motivation and allowing themselves to be bullied and pushed around the park and the lack of basic effort.
    It is not today or yesterday that those "certain posters" spotted that money in the bank was more important than quality on the field.

Exactly look I think most posters respect Wenger and everything he has done for the club bar the odd one or two idiots.

But season after season we seem to be seeing the same failings everyone sees it bar Wenger for years now we have had weak spots that never get fixed. The DM role much like Goalkeeper before and CF now just seem to be left alone when everyone bar Wenger can see the obvious flaws.

Our tactics are ridiculously predictable and getting badly beaten is far to common with some players often seen happily loosing from Rosicky walking away from a free kick scored against United smiling, Santos swapping jerseys, to the players smiling on the bench that to me signals huge problems within the squad.

He had no money I do accept but this season things should have been different knowing Walcott and Ramsey are injured but do nothing to replace them is criminal, having Sanogo as our back up CF with Giroud our no.1 is criminal.

He seems devoid of ideas and transfer policy he seems lost on he revolutionised that aspect in the EPL with bringing the best of the best of young players to Arsenal now every team does it and he hasn't adapted to modern times.

bad2dabone wrote: »
    well said johnny.

and i must add the attempt to bait the liverpool fans into filling up our threat is the only thing to raise a smile to my face since yesterday.

The best bit was the one Liverpool fan who actually took the bait and missed the joke :pac:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 29,117 ✭✭✭✭Quazzie

Irish Aris wrote: »
    Like you said, I won't be overly happy to see him live.

You want to see him dead? :eek:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,174 ✭✭✭Irish Aris

Quazzie wrote: »
    You want to see him dead? :eek:

hahahahahahaha!!!!! Jaysus, all the studying I currently have, wrecks my head!!

Now corrected. . .

Ya I have no difficulty in acknowledging the tactics bit. To be fully honest I pardon the Liverpool game too. And so should most on here if we look back at the posts leading up to the game.

Very easy be wise in hindsight and view Liverpool as an unstoppable force going into that game but they weren't. We were all confident here and happy with selection. We all wanted a repeat of the Emirates tactics. We got suckered early and we were not able for them. But do no for one second suggest that Liverpool were this unstoppable force at that time.

Chelsea game ridiculous. Everton game a reflection of how poor some of our players are and Wenger also at fault.

No arguments there but as I say harsh to be deemed sackable.

And I say the money argument if studied will explain how we only have reached a point from 2013 where we can invest heavily and risk free. We have not had 4 years of it. We were stilling selling players with a view to help balance the books and meet stipulations until 2012. Sad but true.

Failure to sign a pacy player in January was a major fault.

Ya I have no difficulty in acknowledging the tactics bit. To be fully honest I pardon the Liverpool game too. And so should most on here if we look back at the posts leading up to the game.

Very easy be wise in hindsight and view Liverpool as an unstoppable force going into that game but they weren't. We were all confident here and happy with selection. We all wanted a repeat of the Emirates tactics. We got suckered early and we were not able for them. But do no for one second suggest that Liverpool were this unstoppable force at that time.

Chelsea game ridiculous. Everton game a reflection of how poor some of our players are and Wenger also at fault.

And I say the money argument if studied will explain how we only have reached a point from 2013 where we can invest heavily and risk free. We have not had 4 years of it. We were stilling selling players with a view to help balance the books and meet stipulations until 2012. Sad but true.

Yes Podolski and Cazorla on the wings does not work. They lack pace and do not track back. Sagna spent a lot of the game shouting and pointing at Cazorla and we saw Pod at Chelsea letting our left side down. Chamberlain on the right and young Gnabry on the left would have offered a lot more as both can track back and tackle as well as add attacking speed and flair. I think Chamberlain was sidelined for his poor performance against Swansea BUT a right ticking off and good instructions would have made all the difference there. That's down to Wenger and Bould.

If you have can acknowledge the tactics bit and failure in the transfer market would you be confident going into next season with Wenger in charge that things would be different or expecting more of the same?

I hope he wins the F.A Cup and then walks out on somewhat of a high.

I feel we need freshening up, fresh ideas, fresh perspective.

My optimism for the future under Wenger has really been shattered in recent weeks we have gone from being challengers to battling for fourth and hoping other teams do us a favour. We have shown no heart, no will to win and been steam rolled by to many teams. That is down to the manager the tactics and players he selected.

In no other club would results we have witnessed be accepted at Arsenal it seems to be brushed aside by everyone at the club.

I think this article on yesterday's game sums up what a lot of people are thinking -

http://www1.skysports.com/football/news/11095/9253466/a-harsh-lesson

• Registered Users Posts: 2,207 ✭✭✭Hangballlouie

Rory Smith of the Times made the point that if Rodgers wins the title with Liverpool then the biggest loser if this happens is Wenger.

Basically Wenger could argue, justifiably, that if chelsea or man city win the league then it's because they spend mad money and it's hard to compete with that. however, if (and it's a big if even though we are top) Liverpool win the league then it's down to coaching and being able to adapt tactics etc and this puts the spotlight firmly on Wenger.
    wenger doesn't have any excuses to fall back on is the jist of his opinion.

its an interesting point and I wanted to see what you lot thought about it?

Rory Smith of the Times made the point that if Rodgers wins the title with Liverpool then the biggest loser if this happens is Wenger.

Basically Wenger could argue, justifiably, that if chelsea or man city win the league then it's because they spend mad money and it's hard to compete with that. however, if (and it's a big if even though we are top) Liverpool win the league then it's down to coaching and being able to adapt tactics etc and this puts the spotlight firmly on Wenger.

Wenger only has one tactic though :D

• Advertisement

If you have can acknowledge the tactics bit and failure in the transfer market would you be confident going into next season with Wenger in charge that things would be different or expecting more of the same?

I hope he wins the F.A Cup and then walks out on somewhat of a high.

I feel we need freshening up, fresh ideas, fresh perspective.

My optimism for the future under Wenger has really been shattered in recent weeks we have gone from being challengers to battling for fourth and hoping other teams do us a favour. We have shown no heart, no will to win and been steam rolled by to many teams. That is down to the manager the tactics and players he selected.

In no other club would results we have witnessed be accepted at Arsenal it seems to be brushed aside by everyone at the club.

I would expect big change. Genuinely would. I would hope to see 4/5 quality signings and a bit of filler (GK, 4th CB).

I get your point that maybe we do need freshening. I have acknowledged that it may be best that he goes to lift the gloom and the negativity. My argument is that gloom and negativity is a bit hasty and OTT.

My preference is he gets to spend the money he has earned. I think he knows he is carrying deadwood. I think he knows he signed it as it was the best in budget at the time.

It's down to outlook as well and again maybe you are correct - I don't know. I didn't see us as title challengers. I consistently maintained the table was a deceptive reflection. I was the negative one at the start of the year telling my mates that 5th was a real possibility even more than other years. As many others had predicted. I would have settled for top 4 and FA Cup no hassle and then push on further and add to Ozil, etc. Some of that has happened - some has not.

So maybe wrongly I had less expectations and am less disappointed but I saw no major result this year that made me ever think we would win the title despite dreaming a few times.

Wenger only has one tactic though :D

I meant that he said Rodgers can adapt his tactics whereas Wenger can't, so yes, smith would agree with you.

I think it's got substance. But it also is one factor of many. One of them being an ability to plan for your opposition a week in advance with no distractions. A huge factor.

In fairness they had some injuries but have kept their most critical player fit.

Apart from fitness they have never tired - mentally or physically. Comes from having played only about 40 games so far this season. They have made less substitutions than any team and have consistently started the same 9 players.

A very good manager who has made them tweaks and changes at crucial times and some fabulous players and pace.

So ya it's a fair argument.

Funnily we beat Liverpool twice this season too. Some people would say Wenger won the tactical battle others will say he got lucky...

Twice.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,828 ✭✭✭gosplan

All the excuses about players and injuries and all that kind of glosses over the fact that in all the big tests from Birmingham away in the cup final to now, we've rolled over shamefully and that our big performances have only come once teams like Milan and Bayern have knocked us out.

That's the real worry about Wenger and it doesn't matter what players he signs because everyone's capable of doing it.

We have progressed on the mentality stakes though in that we're at least just bottling the big games now and not 4 goals leads away to Newcastle.

I'm only on for Wenger staying if he adds like 2 50 million players in the summer.

Seriously, I think his game plan needs better quality than the opposition. His skill in getting us fourth was unearthing better players than the teams in fifth and sixth and you can see that Spurs had no trouble running us all the ay to the wire once they had a comparable squad.

put simply, i don't think he can beat teams that are footballistically superior to us so he better get building a brilliant team or just leave.

I would expect big change. Genuinely would. I would hope to see 4/5 quality signings and a bit of filler (GK, 4th CB).

I get your point that maybe we do need freshening. I have acknowledged that it may be best that he goes to lift the gloom and the negativity. My argument is that gloom and negativity is a bit hasty and OTT.

My preference is he gets to spend the money he has earned. I think he knows he is carrying deadwood. I think he knows he signed it as it was the best in budget at the time.

It's down to outlook as well and again maybe you are correct - I don't know. I didn't see us as title challengers. I consistently maintained the table was a deceptive reflection. I was the negative one at the start of the year telling my mates that 5th was a real possibility even more than other years. As many others had predicted. I would have settled for top 4 and FA Cup no hassle and then push on further and add to Ozil, etc. Some of that has happened - some has not.

So maybe wrongly I had less expectations and am less disappointed but I saw no major result this year that made me ever think we would win the title despite dreaming a few times.

But do you think Wenger is capable of making big changes? This is the man who perseveres with players over and over again. For how long were fans screaming for a goalkeeper before Sczez came along. His faith in his own players is admirable but also a weakness imo it like sometimes he blinded by his own will and belief that they fulfill what he expects but most know they can't.

OTT how though when this is a collapse that is all to familiar? We always seem to buckle under pressure this is not a new thing this has been evident for years now sadly or that we dont adjust tactics to suit the opposition.

I get what you say about letting him spend the money he has earned the right somewhat yes he has done great thing for the club but the problem is I think most fans have lost confidence in his ability to do the right thing with the cash, bring in the right players instill the right tactics and mentallity in the team.

Hence why I'd love for him to win the F.A Cup and finish 4th which I'm fearful of now and walk away head held high with his legacy in tact.

P.S if I though we would have finished 5th at the begining of this season then I would have wanted him gone last summer.

As much as it pains me to say it, I think he would be spot on.

• Advertisement

But do you think Wenger is capable of making big changes? This is the man who perseveres with players over and over again. For how long were fans screaming for a goalkeeper before Sczez came along. His faith in his own players is admirable but also a weakness imo it like sometimes he blinded by his own will and belief that they fulfill what he expects but most know they can't.

OTT how though when this is a collapse that is all to familiar? We always seem to buckle under pressure this is not a new thing this has been evident for years now sadly or that we dont adjust tactics to suit the opposition.

I get what you say about letting him spend the money he has earned the right somewhat yes he has done great thing for the club but the problem is I think most fans have lost confidence in his ability to do the right thing with the cash, bring in the right players instill the right tactics and mentallity in the team.

Hence why I'd love for him to win the F.A Cup and finish 4th which I'm fearful of now and walk away head held high with his legacy in tact.

P.S if I though we would have finished 5th at the begining of this season then I would have wanted him gone last summer.

Bottom line is Marty that I don't think a number of the players are good enough and the reason we are losing the big games is because they are not good enough. That's my belief. Not just mentally - everyway.

I don't think it's a big mystery.

I believe we need significant investment. I know this ability is only there from now on and I do think he would spend if he stays. I believe Ozil was bought on that premise. That's why stupid ill informed comments about Wenger refusing to spend and we were loaded is so infuriating:rolleyes:

If he won't spend and can't see it I hope he goes.

As much as it pains me to say it, I think he would be spot on.

In fairness he was on a Liverpool podcast so he was probably putting rodgers over strongly but even so, it was an interesting commentatory that i didn't really think about.

I still think you'll get 4th and that what Wenger has contributed to football is huge but he's either a very stubborn man or he doesn't know another way of playing. Id say it's the former and it has cost you numerous times over his reign.

Bottom line is Marty that I don't think a number of the players are good enough and the reason we are losing the big games is because they are not good enough. That's my belief. Not just mentally - everyway.

I don't think it's a big mystery.

I believe we need significant investment. I know this ability is only there from now on and I do think he would spend if he stays. I believe Ozil was bought on that premise. That's why stupid ill informed comments about Wenger refusing to spend and we were loaded is so infuriating:rolleyes:

If he won't spend and can't see it I hope he goes.

I guess we both just have different viewpoints. To be honest right now even if he was to spend the money I'm not sure I'd trust him to do it right or we would see tactics and gameplans changed.

Seems Gary Neville wasn't to impressed with us when speaking tonight.

Hard to disagree with him

In fairness he was on a Liverpool podcast so he was probably putting rodgers over strongly but even so, it was an interesting commentatory that i didn't really think about.

I still think you'll get 4th and that what Wenger has contributed to football is huge but he's either a very stubborn man or he doesn't know another way of playing. Id say it's the former and it has cost you numerous times over his reign.

It could also be the type of player he brings into the club.
    Years ago rival fans would always say " when you play Arsenal you know you're in a fight" because of our never say die attitude. You'd be bruised and battered.

It's far from that now.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,428 ✭✭✭.jacksparrow.

Just sounds like another reason to have a go at Wenger.

Would it not be a better reason to bash mourinho and pelligriani seems the money they have at their disposal.

Another idiot just jumping on the bash Wenger train.

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement