Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Arsenal Talk/Gossip/Rumours Thread 2013/14 mod warning post #5144

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,516 ✭✭✭jonneymendoza

They beat us 6-3 scoring two of those goals in the last 3 minutes. They didn't hammer us by 6. It was a competitive game and one we should have drawn back to 3-3 on a couple of occasions.

I can accept mistakes. But I can't accept rubbish and hyperbole.

so rosisky,flamini, ox,arteta and podolsi are not even EPL level then becaue those sets of players keep getting hit for 6. Most EPL team dont get spanked 6:0 at stamford bridge. Still an excuse

• Closed Accounts Posts: 215 ✭✭Hanalei

Injuries are a valid defence/excuse for why our season fell apart.

Normally, a ridiculously injury hit season is just one of those things that can happen any club.

The regularity at which this happens us is not normal, pretty much every season for the last ten years has been disrupted by injuries to key players for medium to long term spells.

The players at this club are not being managed adequately in terms of fitness and conditioning, the last ten years have proven that. When it happens every season it's not just bad luck.

So a defence of Wenger based on the fact that the injury crisis is what derailed our season just doesn't wash with me, because I think it would be fair to point the finger of blame at him for this constant injury problem in the first place. I don't know how responsible he personally is but at the end of the day the buck stops with him.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,478 ✭✭✭ronjo

Is this place going to be a morgue if we win on Saturday?

I get that people arent happy and the league has fallen away awfully the last few weeks but we have an FA Cup semi final in 3 days folks.
    Its not all bad.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,012 ✭✭✭✭Alfred Borden

Whats gonna happen if we lose? I wouldnt be surprised tbh
    I can see Vermaelen slipping all over the place making Fortune look like Drogba

• Registered Users Posts: 1,990 ✭✭✭wawaman

I have to say i have a bad feeling about saturday. Its not the fact that its Wigan thats worrying me but the fact we are playing a semi final in Wembley. We seem to fall apart on big occasions (we have lost on our last 2 visits to Wembley as if anyone needed reminding!) The team have shown they can handle big teams to a degree (not losing at home to City, Chelsea, Liverpool, Utd, beating and drawing away at Bayern) but can they handle the occasion and the expectation thats on them?

• Administrators, Computer Games Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 32,409 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Mickeroo

Honestly if we lose at the weekend it will feel like nothing short of the worst season we've had under Wenger's reign. Which is crazy considering how great it was going at one point.

I can't see us losing though. The team have to respond.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,881 ✭✭✭TimeToShine

Hanalei wrote: »
    Injuries are a valid defence/excuse for why our season fell apart.

Normally, a ridiculously injury hit season is just one of those things that can happen any club.

The regularity at which this happens us is not normal, pretty much every season for the last ten years has been disrupted by injuries to key players for medium to long term spells.

The players at this club are not being managed adequately in terms of fitness and conditioning, the last ten years have proven that. When it happens every season it's not just bad luck.

So a defence of Wenger based on the fact that the injury crisis is what derailed our season just doesn't wash with me, because I think it would be fair to point the finger of blame at him for this constant injury problem in the first place. I don't know how responsible he personally is but at the end of the day the buck stops with him.

You can hardly blame him for the injuries surely? He's not a physio, and if his training methods are wrong or conducive to injury in the long term then it's up to the physiotherapy/conditioning team to tell him to stop. This is one thing that I firmly believe it is totally 100% unfair to place the blame on Wenger for.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,431 ✭✭✭dvemail

You can hardly blame him for the injuries surely? He's not a physio, and if his training methods are wrong or conducive to injury in the long term then it's up to the physiotherapy/conditioning team to tell him to stop. This is one thing that I firmly believe it is totally 100% unfair to place the blame on Wenger for.

Wenger openly admitted to playing Ramsey when he was in that infamous "Red Zone" when he got injured against West Ham in Christmas. It's certainly not all his fault but he does have a habit of overplaying certain players until they get injured.
    Take Wilshere for example, he is a player that should be used sparingly until he gets his body sorted out. Instead he plays twice a week and gets injured, albeit on International duty the last time, but normally when wearing the Arsenal shirt.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,500 ✭✭✭Fuzzy_Dunlop

dvemail wrote: »
    Wenger openly admitted to playing Ramsey when he was in that infamous "Red Zone" when he got injured against West Ham in Christmas. It's certainly not all his fault but he does have a habit of overplaying certain players until they get injured.
    Take Wilshere for example, he is a player that should be used sparingly until he gets his body sorted out. Instead he plays twice a week and gets injured, albeit on International duty the last time, but normally when wearing the Arsenal shirt.

You can't really blame a broken foot on being over played in fairness.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 4,664 Mod ✭✭✭✭Hyzepher

Mickeroo wrote: »
    Honestly if we lose at the weekend it will feel like nothing short of the worst season we've had under Wenger's reign. Which is crazy considering how great it was going at one point.

I can't see us losing though. The team have to respond.

Crazy as it might seem - especially from where we were 4 weeks ago - but I think you are right

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,881 ✭✭✭TimeToShine

Wilshere's last injury was a contact injury. My point was that the physio team should be letting him know when players are in the red zone and need rest.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,333 ✭✭✭bad2dabone

we need a win on saturday, and a performance from the team. It'll be shameful if we can't overcome wigan at wembley. No disrespect to wigan they're a good side, but with our resources and players we should be beating them 99 out of 100 times. If we turn up with a sh1tty attitude though it's over.

Wilshere's last injury was a contact injury. My point was that the physio team should be letting him know when players are in the red zone and need rest.

The physio team did let him know about Ramseys situation, but he gambled on playing him at Upton Park and it backfired big time.

bad2dabone wrote: »
    we need a win on saturday, and a performance from the team. It'll be shameful if we can't overcome wigan at wembley. No disrespect to wigan they're a good side, but with our resources and players we should be beating them 99 out of 100 times. If we turn up with a sh1tty attitude though it's over.

my tickets have arrived. cant wait

• Registered Users Posts: 8,984 ✭✭✭Soups123

I agree a one of season collapse is acceptable but its been consistently. Everyman and his dog knows there is something a miss but they don't seem to be able to put there finger on what it is.

Transfer policy hasnt helped as we overplay players, the lack of quality signings with playing in all competitions means we have too many big games and rely on the same players evrerytime.

On a side note, watching the Chelsea game last night and looking at the tactics employed by Mourinho I would really love to see this at Arsenal

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,009 ✭✭✭kronsington

I think Anyone on this thread saying that some posters seems to be "enjoying" what is happening to the team is talking nonsense. Most of the criticism on here is valid and there's a lot of frustration over systematic failure to address fundamental problems with the team and maybe even he structure of the club. Everyone wants to team to succeed and it's on this forum where we discuss all aspects of the club- good and bad

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,573 ✭✭✭2ndcoming

Wilshere's last injury was completely avoidable and no physio in the world can protect a player who doesn't have the common sense to know better than putting his foot through a centre half's raised studs in a meaningless friendly.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,456 ✭✭✭wonga77

Off topic I know but the thread has become a bit of a cluster****
    Wenger article on Fabregas

https://uk.eurosport.yahoo.com/blogs/arsene-wenger/why-fabregas-special-player-why-had-let-him-061334029--sow.html

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,456 ✭✭✭wonga77

2ndcoming wrote: »
    Wilshere's last injury was completely avoidable and no physio in the world can protect a player who doesn't have the common sense to know better than putting his foot through a centre half's raised studs in a meaningless friendly.

Whatever genius let him play on after he got hurt is the one who should be questioned...

wonga77 wrote: »
    Off topic I know but the thread has become a bit of a cluster****
    Wenger article on Fabregas

https://uk.eurosport.yahoo.com/blogs/arsene-wenger/why-fabregas-special-player-why-had-let-him-061334029--sow.html

Bit of a tough read, language wise. I hope he gets a better editor for his bio!

• Advertisement

Bit of a tough read, language wise. I hope he gets a better editor for his bio!

its abook i'll defo be reading. I hope he does one and i hope it's candid.

3 days to go to a big showdown in Wembley - anyone got any predictions?

I'm gonna say 3-1 to the gunners.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,174 ✭✭✭Irish Aris

I think Anyone on this thread saying that some posters seems to be "enjoying" what is happening to the team is talking nonsense. Most of the criticism on here is valid and there's a lot of frustration over systematic failure to address fundamental problems with the team and maybe even he structure of the club. Everyone wants to team to succeed and it's on this forum where we discuss all aspects of the club- good and bad

No, you're right, I don't think any Arsenal fan is enjoying with what's happening right now.

It's just that a handful of fans post in the thread only when there is crisis/room for criticism.

Human nature, I guess. . .

• Registered Users Posts: 5,756 ✭✭✭emergingstar

Why don't ya just quote me would be a lot easier

I also see a lot of posters back here that I haven't seen in months

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,205 ✭✭✭Gringo180

Ill have to be sectioned if we lose Saturday.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,382 ✭✭✭✭greendom

Gringo180 wrote: »

I'll find a cave somewhere impervious to WiFi, 3G and radio signals

• Registered Users Posts: 3,254 ✭✭✭shano_88

Wont get to watch the game this weekend.

Just realised Ive missed all the games weve been hammered in this season. City away, Liverpool away, Chelsea away and Everton away. Hopefully its not an omen!

greendom wrote: »

This place will go into meltdown and rightfully so.

Think a tear will be shed if we do lift the cup, 9 years of frustration takes it toll on the emotions :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,207 ✭✭✭maximoose

greendom wrote: »

I believe it's called 'Leitrim'

• Registered Users Posts: 3,478 ✭✭✭ronjo

Rambo is back lads so no worries :)

The players really need to be up for this and full concentration for 90mins.

Id probably get banned for life in wembley on my first visit if we lose

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,174 ✭✭✭Irish Aris

game is at 5 PM on Saturday, yeah?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,569 ✭✭✭Nemeses2050

We need a performance similar to the 2nd half against City...anything less Wigan will nick it...they are pressing a team...so I don't want Arteta in the middle.

Irish Aris wrote: »
    game is at 5 PM on Saturday, yeah?

7 minutes past 5 to be precise. :D
    TV scheduling and all that.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,009 ✭✭✭kronsington

Is the 7 minutes thing something to do with Hillbrough?

7 minutes past 5 to be precise. :D
    TV scheduling and all that.

Hillsborough anniversary, no? All matches starting 7 minutes late.

Apologies, I've no idea tbh.
    Cheers for clearing that up.

• Registered Users Posts: 727 ✭✭✭Muirshin Durkin

“We’ve been unlucky in several games. We had a lot of chances to win against Manchester United and there was Ozil’s penalty (against Bayern). We couldn’t recover after going out against Bayern in the Champions League.
    “And the defeat against Stoke finished us. You can’t lose against Stoke if you aspire to be the next champion.
    “We haven’t got a winning mentality and we have to believe in ourselves (more). Sometimes you can get used to not fighting, but we can’t do that. Arsenal is and will always be a historic football club, we have to look forward.”
    “Arsenal has everything to win; history, infrastructure, an incredible stadium and great players but we have to improve at crucial moments and sign the best football players because if you don’t do that, you may lag behind others.
    “That is what makes it different at other clubs. You’ve a good example in Manchester City who signed Fernandinho, (Alvaro) Negredo… or even Manchester United with (Robin) Van Persie and (Juan) Mata.
    “Arsenal know what they need next season, but it’s almost impossible to win a title if we haven’t got these kind of things.”

- Santi Cazorla

Gary Neville made some sound observations last night. he basically says all of our players end up having a dilemma of which of two men to go to because we leave one man free at the other end of the field like Rosicky did and it creates loads of space.

He like ramsey was hiding a lot of weaknesses from the midfield up
    BkyMoB2CAAA93br.jpg

• Advertisement

Raf32 wrote: »
    He like ramsey was hiding a lot of weaknesses from the midfield up
    BkyMoB2CAAA93br.jpg

Wait till you see him next season he will be running the show. Watch him in the World Cup for Germany when he has quality players all around him, chap is different gravy. He is one of the best players we have ever signed.

Wait till you see him next season he will be running the show. Watch him in the World Cup for Germany when he has quality players all around him, chap is different gravy. He is one of the best players we have ever signed.

Yup i have been annoyed with him but i have come to realize that really our front 6 only him, ramsey and walcott are good enough. Give him walcott and pedro on the wings and other teams will be in big trouble

shano_88 wrote: »
    Wont get to watch the game this weekend.

Just realised Ive missed all the games weve been hammered in this season. City away, Liverpool away, Chelsea away and Everton away. Hopefully its not an omen!

OI!

WATCH THE F**KING GAME!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,254 ✭✭✭shano_88

bad2dabone wrote: »
    OI!

WATCH THE F**KING GAME!

Im gonna have to rethink my whole weekend!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,354 ✭✭✭gebbel

Well I just came home to tickets for the match on Saturday. Can't wait. I've been to Highbury and the Emirates 4 times between them. Each time we have won. Never been to wembley. Will roar them on as loud as anybody! Nervous but quietly confident. We're going all the way in this one.

99D3E022-3205-49D3-BCDC-8248E0C1F2C3.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 1,453 ✭✭✭Sheepy99

As a Chelsea fan the stick he has been getting has been deserved, but anyone who's in doubt of his ability or doesn't think he's all that good is being a bit silly. Players need that year to adapt, even the best of them.
    Messi, Ronaldo, Costa(if he ends up in there) etc would all need time to settle in. The physicality in England is something else

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 52,408 ✭✭✭✭tayto lover

Sheepy99 wrote: »
    As a Chelsea fan the stick he has been getting has been deserved, [B]but anyone who's in doubt of his ability or doesn't think he's all that good is being a bit silly. Players need that year to adapt, even the best of them[/B].
    Messi, Ronaldo, Costa(if he ends up in there) etc would all need time to settle in. The physicality in England is something else

What a contradictory post.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,453 ✭✭✭Sheepy99

What a contradictory post.
    Just looking for a whine aren't you?

In terms of stick I mean the fans giving out about costly mistakes , ie - L'pool at Anfield.
    In terms of "anyone who's in doubt of his ability or doesn't think he's all that good" i'm referring to fans thinking that he can't influence a game at the highest level.

There you go, now, silence.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 52,408 ✭✭✭✭tayto lover

Sheepy99 wrote: »
    Just looking for a whine aren't you?

In terms of stick I mean the fans giving out about costly mistakes , ie - L'pool at Anfield.
    In terms of "anyone who's in doubt of his ability or doesn't think he's all that good" i'm referring to fans thinking that he can't influence a game at the highest level.

There you go, now, silence.

That makes a bit more sense :D

Watching Bayerns central defenders I am nearly certain they are going to come in with a big offer for Koscielny. That Dante fella doesnt look all that great and Boateng is a full back isnt he?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,752 ✭✭✭Mr Blobby

Watching Bayerns central defenders I am nearly certain they are going to come in with a big offer for Koscielny. That Dante fella doesnt look all that great and Boateng is a full back isnt he?

Dante for the most part is pretty great for Bayern. Granted he's prone to ****ing up now and again but he's solid for the most.

And no Boateng is a Centre-back.. Its just that Pep is being all fancy with his 2 centre-backs playing 8 different positions :pac:
    I'd be surprised if they go for him.

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement