Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Arsenal Talk/Gossip/Rumours Thread 2013/14 mod warning post #5144

Comments

Was anyone else worried there that 4th wouldn't be enough to get into the CL? :P

Was anyone else worried there that 4th wouldn't be enough to get into the CL? :P

Still 15 minutes left in Munich and United need only one goal.

EDIT: Scrap that.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,344 ✭✭✭OneEightSeven

If they did manage to knock Bayern out, then, yes.

Looks like Robben has made sure United aren't in Europe next season.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,589 ✭✭✭Awesomeness

Jerry Flannery ‏@jerryflannery 6m

@eisfeld_thomas @JackWilshere Thomas, you're a sexist pig too? Just another reason why no woman will ride you.. #Looks #Clothes #Personality

Jerry Flannery ‏@jerryflannery 6m

@eisfeld_thomas @JackWilshere Thomas, you're a sexist pig too? Just another reason why no woman will ride you.. #Looks #Clothes #Personality

Ha ha ha. Who would have thought watching Jerry Flannery take the line outs for Ireland that one way he'd engage in twitter slagging matches with the young players on our squad. :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,428 ✭✭✭.jacksparrow.

Watching athletico just shows how much football has changed, its about power and pace, two things we lack.

• Administrators, Computer Games Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 32,409 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Mickeroo

Watching athletico just shows how much football has changed, its about power and pace, two things we lack.

The irony is that those are two of the things I associate with Wenger's best Arsenal teams.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,752 ✭✭✭Mr Blobby

Lothar Matthaus: “Drmic will join Arsenal for eight million pounds I was right with Lewandowski and Ramos and I will be proved right again"

Would be very happy if we got Drmic. 16 goals in a team sitting in 17th is a great stat. He's also only 1 goal behind Mandzukic for most goals.

Mickeroo wrote: »
    The irony is that those are two of the things I associate with Wenger's best Arsenal teams.

I know, where did it all change.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,224 ✭✭✭✭Marty McFly

Hasn't changed that much the invincibles had both power and pace.

Were lacking the pace without Walcott when he gets injured, Gnabry looks like he could be a future threat for Walcott but he just not experienced enough or quite there yet, power eh we really havent got a powerful player hopefully we sort that in the summer with or without Wenger.

• Advertisement

Mr Blobby wrote: »
    Would be very happy if we got Drmic. 16 goals in a team sitting in 17th is a great stat. He's also only 1 goal behind Mandzukic for most goals.

Does he play on the wing or up front? Won't lie know feck all about him.

Hasn't changed that much the invincibles had both power and pace.

Were lacking the pace without Walcott when he gets injured, Gnabry looks like he could be a future threat for Walcott but he just not experienced enough or quite there yet, power eh we really havent got a powerful player hopefully we sort that in the summer with or without Wenger.

Yeah but it was a rarity with the invincibles, not many teams played that way, seems a lot of teams are adopting this and were been left behind with a passing game that teams know exactly how to defend against.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,344 ✭✭✭OneEightSeven

Are we in for Draxler this Summer if we finish 4th?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,747 ✭✭✭✭AdamD

If we sign Drmic then the 'big' signing surely has to be a left winger. I'd rather an amazing striker but I won't be writing Drmic off as I've never seen him play!

Off to youtube..

Are we in for Draxler this Summer if we finish 4th?

God only knows but the rumours of us being linked with him do seem to have died down.

Does he play on the wing or up front? Won't lie know feck all about him.

He's a Striker.
    But can play out wide.

He's a Striker.
    But can play out wide.

No. No. No.

No. No. No.

?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 29,117 ✭✭✭✭Quazzie

I've been thinking a lot the last few days about if I really want Wenger to go. Can we continue to maintain without him, and could we even progress perhaps. For me the thing that really keeps coming back to me, and makes me decide that side of the fence I am on is simple. He has stated that he doesn't change his tactics no matter who he plays. That's admirable, but extremely foolish. It has also lead me to believe it is also the root cause of another of his major downfalls. He can't affect the outcome of a game when things go against the original plan. That's why when teams start strong against us, they go on to extend their lead. He doesn't change the game because he has one approach and that's it. This is fine, but it's an approach that has proven can achieve fourth, so why did he need to come up with a plan B, when plan A achieved exactly what he set out to achieve. I ain't saying he didn't want to win, but I am saying he was happy with, and accepted fourth. It was safe. He didn't develop and he stagnated. Now he has fallen behind. Wenger has probably being the greatest manager of a club of all time. What we need now though is a great team manager. We need to move on and develop our team in a new fashion, and I believe that this can only be done with a new manager.

• Advertisement

?

Buy a striker to play as a striker.

Oh I agree.
    I was just saying that he can play out wide.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,662 ✭✭✭✭extra gravy

They also have a great attitude and real mental strength, two other things we lack. Messi didn't get a sniff, every time he got the ball they pounced on him and gave him no space. Would love to see the same level of dedication and passion from our players and management.

Oh I agree.
    I was just saying that he can play out wide.

Don't tell Wenger :P

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,462 ✭✭✭✭WoollyRedHat

I dunno, do you reckon the other teams will fall for that?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,462 ✭✭✭✭WoollyRedHat

If this materializes, it'll be a fabolous bit of business. Then if we went for Balotelli we'd be sorted up front.

Get in De Griezmann, Pogba, and Bender/ Gonalons after and Ginter plus a new left back perhaps Aurier and we're good to go for next season!

Apparently Santi is trying to convince Casillas to join Arsenal, would be a great bit of business but how much would he go for?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,382 ✭✭✭✭greendom

@hughwizzy has just tweeted that both Gibbs and Diaby (poor bugger) have sufered injury setbacks in training.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 10,402 Mod ✭✭✭✭CatInABox

greendom wrote: »
    @hughwizzy has just tweeted that both Gibbs and Diaby (poor bugger) have sufered injury setbacks in training.

:(

Apparently they both stopped after the first training session. It could just be precautionary

Apparently they both stopped after the first training session. It could just be precautionary

But wasn't Diaby meant to have been back in full training before Ramsey?

Poor bastard,really don't think physically he is cut out to be a pro his body can't seem to handle it.

Hopefully though he proves me wrong.

He'll be 28 at the start of next season. Should've been released long ago.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 763 ✭✭✭John Cherry

CatInABox wrote: »
    :(

How long has he been out now ?

• Registered Users Posts: 6,333 ✭✭✭bad2dabone

How long has he been out now ?

About a year.

He'll be 28 at the start of next season. Should've been released long ago.

And yet when a player leaves for another club, Nasri, Clichy, Van Persie etc etc his lack of loyalty is criticised. Fair play to Arsenal for sticking by a player who has been seriously injured while playing for our club.

And yet when a player leaves for another club, Nasri, Clichy, Van Persie etc etc his lack of loyalty is criticised. Fair play to Arsenal for sticking by a player who has been seriously injured while playing for our club.

That's fair enough but in those cases arsenal were giving something to those players and they showed no loyalty.

In this case I hate to say it but diaby has gave nothing back to the club, of course its not his fault but at this stage would it be better having someone in his place in the squad?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,662 ✭✭✭✭extra gravy

I agree to a point and I do feel for the guy but you have to ask just how long more can we waste a squad place on a player who may never be able to play for us consistently? 15 appearances over the last 3 seasons doesn't justify persisting with him any longer.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 29,117 ✭✭✭✭Quazzie

It's funny that some people think that Diaby still exists. He is a figment of Wenger's imagination. Him and Bould have been splitting the £60k a week wages for the last couple of years.

That's fair enough but in those cases arsenal were giving something to those players and they showed no loyalty.

In this case I hate to say it but diaby has gave nothing back to the club, of course its not his fault but at this stage would it be better having someone in his place in the squad?
    How about his footballing career?

Released as in not given a new contract. There's loyalty then there's stupidity.
    Quazzie wrote: »
    It's funny that some people think that Diaby still exists. He is a figment of Wenger's imagination. Him and Bould have been splitting the £60k a week wages for the last couple of years.
    Like Fuzzy Dunlop? Hang on, he posts here. I think you're onto something.

Released as in not given a new contract. There's loyalty then there's stupidity.

Like Fuzzy Dunlop? Hang on, he posts here. I think you're onto something.

fuzzy-dunlop-650x483.png

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 52,408 ✭✭✭✭tayto lover

If both are injured yet again then all they're doing is taking up places in the squad at this stage. We can no longer carry passengers in the squad and they need to be replaced. Both are too injury prone and that's the hard fact. Diaby hasn't played for over a year and Gibbs plays 2 games and missed 5.

• Advertisement

Gibbs has played 27 of our 33 league games, lets not exaggerate, he doesn't need replacing.

If we were to win the cup and finish 4th what would people think? Be great to get the trophy drought off our backs..

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,037 ✭✭✭✭niallo27

AdamD wrote: »
    Gibbs has played 27 of our 33 league games, lets not exaggerate, he doesn't need replacing.

If we were to win the cup and finish 4th what would people think? Be great to get the trophy drought off our backs..

A cup would just be papering over the cracks for arsenal. They need a fresh start. It's gone stale at arsenal and no I'm not trolling it's what I think.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,690 ✭✭✭✭Skylinehead

niallo27 wrote: »
    no I'm not trolling

Well there's a change!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,037 ✭✭✭✭niallo27

Well there's a change!

Well you see criticism of any kind equals trolling in a lot of arsenal fans minds. **** it you could say the same for most clubs fans on here.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,690 ✭✭✭✭Skylinehead

Well you see criticism of any kind equals trolling in a lot of arsenal fans minds. **** it you could say the same for most clubs fans on here.

I'm not suggesting you're trolling now, you make a valid point. But your previous contradictory crap shows that you have history.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,756 ✭✭✭emergingstar

Players out injured scandalous

Tony Colbert should be sacked

AdamD wrote: »

If you’d offered me 4th and the FA cup at the start of august I would have gladly taken it. Considering how spurs “strengthened” during the summer I thought we had little chance of top 4 and the top 4 would be Chewsay, City, Utd and Spurs.
    We’re very fortunate Spurs’ signings haven’t worked out, then Agent Tim got the job. We’re lucky United have been Moyesed.

I’ll still be happy with the cup.

But we all know we had an opportunity this season to do more and we blew it. Well, Wenger blew it. Failed in the market – leaving us with 1 centre forward. Failed tactically. Leaving us open to 3 of the worst defeats we’ve suffered in the PL era.
    Failed to address the annual injury crisis.
    If we fail to win the cup and get 4th it’ll go down as a massively demoralising season.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 52,408 ✭✭✭✭tayto lover

I haven't been able to source any news of setbacks for Diaby and Gibbs.
    Anyone got a link please?

I haven't been able to source any news of setbacks for Diaby and Gibbs.
    Antone got a link please?

just twitter rumours about Diaby.

supposed to be rubbish.

not sure bout gibbs fitness.

• Advertisement

well no i think if an arsenal fan said what you said it wouldn't be considered trolling. Winning a cup might be papering over cracks – and you have a point – but it’s more than we’ve done for many seasons and we really need to get that trophy monkey off our backs.

Also not winning it at this point would be very damaging.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement