Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Arsenal Talk/Gossip/Rumours Thread 2013/14 mod warning post #5144

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,333 ✭✭✭bad2dabone

Eleven of the first team squad out for Saturday:

Gibbs
    Ox
    Rosicky
    Koscielny
    Ozil
    Wilshere
    Walcott
    Gnabry
    Diaby
    Bendtner
    Flamini (susp)

How’s that injury review process going?
    Cos something’s rotten.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,516 ✭✭✭jonneymendoza

Do we have enough to field 11 players on the field? LOL

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,285 ✭✭✭dinorebel

Do we have enough to field 11 players on the field? LOL
    Calling you a supporter would be a bit of a misnomer really.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,009 ✭✭✭kronsington

That injury list is incredible. It has to be more than just bad luck. So frustrating.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,264 ✭✭✭✭jester77

Ouch, that is one heck of an injury list. We've no pace left for Saturday by the looks of things. Could be a difficult day.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,500 ✭✭✭Fuzzy_Dunlop

bad2dabone wrote: »

Gibbs
    Ox
    Rosicky
    Koscielny
    Ozil
    Wilshere
    Walcott
    Gnabry
    Diaby
    Bendtner
    Flamini (susp)

Cos something’s rotten.

Gibbs, Ox, and Rosicky aren't confirmed to be out.

dinorebel wrote: »

wtf are you on about?

i asked a question as a joke.

i go to many games for arsenal. why would i bother if i am not a supporter?

going to the fa cup semi actually. are you?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,012 ✭✭✭✭Alfred Borden

If we cant beat Wigan with the players we have left then i have no hope for this team anymore. Millwall beat them during the week, no excuses.

wtf are you on about?

I'm yet to see a positive post from you.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,569 ✭✭✭Nemeses2050

Quazzie wrote: »
    It's funny that some people think that Diaby still exists. He is a figment of Wenger's imagination. Him and Bould have been splitting the £60k a week wages for the last couple of years.

I've read Diaby has offered not to take wages while he is injured...

• Advertisement

Gibbs, Ox, and Rosicky aren't confirmed to be out.

Did he not say they're not available? I read it somewhere this morning

• Registered Users Posts: 5,336 ✭✭✭Mr.Micro

jester77 wrote: »
    Ouch, that is one heck of an injury list. We've no pace left for Saturday by the looks of things. Could be a difficult day.

Flamini suspended as well. Cripes it's looking bad for us.

They face a late fitness challenge

"We have a lot of uncertainties. Gibbs, Rosicky and Oxlade-Chamberlain are all doubts"

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 10,402 Mod ✭✭✭✭CatInABox

wtf are you on about?

This sniping about who is an Arsenal fan and who isn't is getting old.

Everyone in this forum is an Arsenal fan, simply because we care enough to come on here and talk about Arsenal endlessly.

Everyone of us would prefer if we were winning trophy after trophy.

When we disagree, it's NOT because some of us are better Arsenal fans, or that people who go to more games are better supporters, we disagree BECAUSE WE CARE.

Please, debate the direction of the club, things that we could do better, changes that could be made, compare us to other clubs, identify players you think could strengthen the team, talk about players on the team.

Please, don't think that you are a better supporter than anyone else, don't think that because you have an Arsene Wenger tattoo that you are more pure, don't be annoyed just because someone else is negative.

It makes me sad to see people who love Arsenal disagree with each other so much.

Now, having said all that, I apologise for coming across as a sanctimonious ar$ehole.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,478 ✭✭✭ronjo

niallo27 wrote: »
    A cup would just be papering over the cracks for arsenal. They need a fresh start. It's gone stale at arsenal and no I'm not trolling it's what I think.

And it starts...

9 years we have been hearing about not winning a trophy and now if we do, its a bad thing.

• Users Awaiting Email Confirmation Posts: 15,001 ✭✭✭✭Pepe LeFrits

CatInABox wrote: »

Everyone in this forum is an Arsenal fan, simply because we care enough to come on here and talk about Arsenal endlessly.

When we disagree, it's NOT because some of us are better Arsenal fans, or that people who go to more games are better supporters, we disagree BECAUSE WE CARE.

Please, debate the direction of the club, things that we could do better, changes that could be made, compare us to other clubs, identify players you think could strengthen the team, talk about players on the team.

Please, don't think that you are a better supporter than anyone else, don't think that because you have an Arsene Wenger tattoo that you are more pure, don't be annoyed just because someone else is negative.

It makes me sad to see people who love Arsenal disagree with each other so much.

Now, having said all that, I apologise for coming across as a sanctimonious ar$ehole.
    Nope, you're spot on. There's too many ****ing eejits on here firing the 'not a real fan' jibe at posters who don't share their optimistic views.

I've doubted ButtonFTW in the past. Sorry ButtonFTW :)

lets hug it out!

Nope, you're spot on. There's too many ****ing eejits on here firing the 'not a real fan' jibe at posters who don't share their optimistic views.

I'm one of those "****ing eejits" and the reason I "fire" it at certain posters is because there are certain posters here who never ever have a good word to say about Arsenal.

They desert the thread when things are going well, but like vultures, swoop in when things are going bad.

Look up the definition of a supporter. Here, I'll do it for you:
    supporter
    səˈpɔːtə/Submit
    noun
    a person who approves of and encourages a public figure, political party, policy, etc.

These posters in my view, are not supporters.

They may be followers of The Arsenal, but to call people who only rag on The Arsenal when times are bad, "supporters", is a misnomer.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,224 ✭✭✭✭Marty McFly

I'm one of those "****ing eejits" and the reason I "fire" it at certain posters is because there are certain posters here who never ever have a good word to say about Arsenal.

They desert the thread when things are going well, but like vultures, swoop in when things are going bad.

supporter
    səˈpɔːtə/Submit
    noun
    a person who approves of and encourages a public figure, political party, policy, etc.

They may be followers of The Arsenal, but to call people who only rag on The Arsenal when times are bad, "supporters", is a misnomer.

This I agree with, its not all about being positive or negative all the time.

But there does seem to be a core of supporters who only ever show there face around here when times are bad and are usually the same posters who never have a good thing to say about the club and also have a tendency to be the ones who post hypebole nonsense.

Sure we don't all have to agree debate is good :). Not trying to be condescending and post well thought out posts regardless of the opinion are always welcome.

Some people you feel just come in here for an argument not a friendly debate.

• Advertisement

Gibbs
    Ox
    Rosicky
    Koscielny
    Ozil
    Wilshere
    Walcott
    Gnabry
    Diaby
    Bendtner
    Flamini (susp)

Cos something’s rotten.

That's shocking this has been going on for years.

Hopefully there series about the review and the results of it are not kept private but made available to the fans.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,382 ✭✭✭✭greendom

But there does seem to be a core of supporters who only ever show there face around here when times are bad and are usually the same posters who never have a good thing to say about the club and also have a tendency to be the ones who post hypebole nonsense.

Sure we don't all have to agree debate is good :). Not trying to be condescending and post well thought out posts regardless of the opinion are always welcome.

Yes there is definitely an attitude out there of 'I always said we were **** and now you're going to believe me'.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,984 ✭✭✭Soups123

That's shocking this has been going on for years.

Hopefully there series about the review and the results of it are not kept private but made available to the fans.

great let me know when its on

Soups123 wrote: »
    great let me know when its on

:pac: stupid auto correct :o.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,756 ✭✭✭emergingstar

Can someone show me the posts where posters called other posters not real fans

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 10,402 Mod ✭✭✭✭CatInABox

supporter
    səˈpɔːtə/Submit
    noun

I don't mean to say that you shouldn't be passionate about the club or how you post, in fact I'd encourage it for everybody. I personally have defended Wenger and the club on numerous occasions, and if you asked me, I'd still say that he should be given another year. I'll also defend other arsenal supporters rights to come in here and be negative about the team, even if they haven't been seen for a while.

I have noticed that people came back into the forum after Arsenals recent dip in form and I'll be honest, I don't know why they do, but I can however, think of many reasons why they might.

Consider this:
    For years, they have been saying that they thought Wenger was no longer good enough to lead Arsenal to Trophies on a regular basis. As this was not a common view, they might have felt as if they harassed, so they leave the forum. Each year since, every time that Arsenal falter, they pop back in to see if their opinion has gained any traction.

That's one possibility that I came up with in the space of ten seconds.

Again, apologies if I come across as holier than thou or anything, I just think that the forum would be better if we were debating the opinions raised than
    the poster.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,009 ✭✭✭kronsington

Despite the last few results, I can't see them not winning on Saturday. Injuries aside, our 11 should get the job done. Hopefully they show up with the right attitude and play as they can. Don't even want to think about what could happen.

Despite the last few results, I can't see them not winning on Saturday. Injuries aside, our 11 should get the job done. Hopefully they show up with the right attitude and play as they can. Don't even want to think about what could happen.

Am pretty sure that's what Man City said about their second string 11 that they played. Very wary, team must focus.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,752 ✭✭✭Mr Blobby

Am pretty sure that's what Man City said about their second string 11 that they played. Very wary, team must focus.

I think people gave Wigan too much credit after that match. Demichelis made two errors which led to both Wigan goals.

Wigan never dominated play and for most of the game were parked inside their own box.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 29,117 ✭✭✭✭Quazzie

It's hard to agree with this when there are some posters who you only ever see in here when things are going bad. They NEVER post when we are doing well, but as soon as we lose, or hit a slump they stick their head in for a snipe.

I don't mean to say that you shouldn't be passionate about the club or how you post, in fact I'd encourage it for everybody. I personally have defended Wenger and the club on numerous occasions, and if you asked me, I'd still say that he should be given another year. I'll also defend other arsenal supporters rights to come in here and be negative about the team, even if they haven't been seen for a while.

I have noticed that people came back into the forum after Arsenals recent dip in form and I'll be honest, I don't know why they do, but I can however, think of many reasons why they might.

Consider this:
    For years, they have been saying that they thought Wenger was no longer good enough to lead Arsenal to Trophies on a regular basis. As this was not a common view, they might have felt as if they harassed, so they leave the forum. Each year since, every time that Arsenal falter, they pop back in to see if their opinion has gained any traction.

That's one possibility that I came up with in the space of ten seconds.

Again, apologies if I come across as holier than thou or anything, I just think that the forum would be better if we were debating the opinions raised than
    the poster.

What I don't get is why some people can't just discuss things as they happen without having an agenda all the time.

im yet to see a positive performance from arsenal over the last month

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,264 ✭✭✭✭jester77

Mr Blobby wrote: »
    I think people gave Wigan too much credit after that match. Demichelis made two errors which led to both Wigan goals.

Wigan never dominated play and for most of the game were parked inside their own box.

We should win, but Man City should have won! Vermalen and Monreal are prone to errors. If Kos and Gibbs were starting I would be more confident. Good thing the game is not at 12:45!

first of all read the snippet. why the hell was that bloke questioning my support when all i said a said as a joke i may add, can arsenal field 11 players on saturday!!

seriously what is up with that?

did i sai sakc wenger, arsenal are **** etc etc? no i diddnt. why question my support over that silly little joke about our starting 11!!!

o so shall i just sit back and let posters question my support? goes both ways. dont question my support for arsenal and i wont questing whether any of you lot have been to an arsenal game. simple.

• Advertisement

The performance against City was encouraging when put up against previous games.

o so shall i just sit back and let posters question my support? goes both ways. dont question my support for arsenal and i wont questing whether any of you lot have been to an arsenal game. simple.

They ain't really comparable.. Like at all.

• Registered Users Posts: 822 ✭✭✭Pudders

I thought the Man City game was a positive.

It didn't come cross on the highlights but from my seat in the stands (;)) at least there was some passion and fight about the team. Rosicky (well he always is the one who at least tries), Arteta and Carzola weren't for once bullied and kicked anything that moved. The fans really got behind the team - I hadn't heard the level of support the team got that night in a while and I think the team responded. OK we didn't win but that night I felt the tem actually had some pride in the jersey and were prepared to be stood up and counted. Tomas even got into a shoving match and stood his ground with the big ugly Argentinian if I remember correctly.

The rest has been utter ****e to be fair.

They ain't really comparable.. Like at all.

they are.

People who question how i support my team who just sit and watch arsenal occasionally the TV/Stream and never been to see arsenal play live is comparable.

the definition that others label such fans is armchair fans.

Its insulting for armchair fans to question supporters who actually go to the games.

Shocking really so go ahead and question me and i will just post a pic of my ticket to the FA Cup Semi final.

Dont question my level of support for arsenal, ever unless you want to open a can of worms and really tarnish this thread.

Leave it be. You can disagree with my reletive points about arsenal and wenger etc but dont question my level of support period

/rant over

The performance against City was encouraging when put up against previous games.

It was and i did say we played well numerous times here and in the match thread but no, you lot ignore that and as that poster who quouted mine and the other guy who was questioning my support, i only come here to post when we lose:pac::pac:

But that is 45mins of football out of how many games we played for the past month.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,881 ✭✭✭TimeToShine

So can we put this whole "real supporter" thing to bed now?

We could do with a convincing win at the weekend...the team need it. We have a nice run in and if we can nab 4th and get the cup I'm confident money will be spent in the summer. Not getting one or the other (or god forbid both) won't act as an incentive to spend IMO.

they are.

People who question how i support my team who just sit and watch arsenal occasionally the TV/Stream and never been to see arsenal play live is comparable.

the definition that others label such fans is armchair fans.

Its insulting for armchair fans to question supporters who actually go to the games.

Shocking really so go ahead and question me and i will just post a pic of my ticket to the FA Cup Semi final.

Dont question my level of support for arsenal, ever unless you want to open a can of worms and really tarnish this thread.

Leave it be. You can disagree with my reletive points about arsenal and wenger etc but dont question my level of support period

/rant over

But thats just not true..
    What you're basically saying it that because you can afford to go to see Arsenal play that makes you more of a supporter than others. Thats a load of crap and you know it.

People are just tired of you posting bull**** that simple isn't true.. Also post like that don't help you case either.

• Registered Users Posts: 727 ✭✭✭Muirshin Durkin

Stupid argument lads.

supporter
    səˈpɔːtə/Submit
    noun

I don't care what anyone here's definition of a supporter is - supporting the club is personal to each individual and nobody is in a position to say another's support is less valid. I'm certainly not going to point the finger at someone if they can't find it within themselves to be positive after 9 seasons of groundhog day. A person can simultaneously support a team and hope it wins but believe the team is dog**** - the ability to assess and the ability to support are separate and one doesn't reflect on the other. Supporting a team is generally unconditional, supporting a public figure or political party is not, so if you think your team is a load of crap, it doesn't mean you don't support the team, it just means you think the team is a load of crap.

There may be posters on here who sometimes derive a certain satisfaction seeing Arsenal struggle because it gives them the upper hand in the argument. But you know, there’ll be just as many posters on here who derive satisfaction watching Arsenal win because… it gives them the upper hand in the argument. You see it here every time we're on the crest of a wave; nestled in amongst the happy posts there'll be no shortage of smug and/or snide little I-told-you-sos and barbs at the less optimistic end of the Arsenal fandom.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,456 ✭✭✭wonga77

48378606.jpg

Apologies all, I may have contributed to dragging the thread off topic, not my intention.

Also not my intention to insult anyone.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,456 ✭✭✭wonga77

Looks like the Diaby setback might just be twitter nonsense. Also whats the deal with Bendtner? I had hoped he would be fit for the run in and at least making an effort to put himself in the shop window, cant see too many clubs looking to take him, even on a free with his crazy wage demands

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,012 ✭✭✭✭Alfred Borden

wonga77 wrote: »
    Looks like the Diaby setback might just be twitter nonsense. Also whats the deal with Bendtner? I had hoped he would be fit for the run in and at least making an effort to put himself in the shop window, cant see too many clubs looking to take him, even on a free with his crazy wage demands

Athlone town short on strikers hopefully they sign him up! :pac:

Supposedly heading back to Denmark though.

But thats just not true..
    What you're basically saying it that because you can afford to go to see Arsenal play that makes you more of a supporter than others. Thats a load of crap and you know it.

People are just tired of you posting bull**** that simple isn't true.. Also post like that don't help you case either.

Seriously read what i said. put this thing to bed else you be opening a can of worms.

You want to do this? really?

do not tempted me.

last warning. i am not going to reply to your post above. LEAVE IT ALONE

lol!

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement