Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Arsenal Talk/Gossip/Rumours Thread 2013/14 mod warning post #5144

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,569 ✭✭✭Nemeses2050

I think since David Dein left Arsenal, Wenger is he highest authority. Don't think anybody from the board or Ivan has guts to tell him to do otherwise. Sometimes you need different perspectives and there's nobody now, he only has yes men now.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,456 ✭✭✭wonga77

For the 100th time - Draxlers release clause of £37 million does not become active until summer.

Therefore we are probably being asked to pay more than that as Schalke do not want to sell.

That is why Wenger would be completely justified in not spending more money than Ozil cost to get him.

and Schalke are completely justified in not selling for less than €37 million when they are almost sure to get that in 6 months time

• Registered Users Posts: 8,984 ✭✭✭Soups123

I used to get my Jaffa cakes in Dunne’s, the Mcvities ones and I was happy enough, then we were trying to tighten the expenses and I started to pick them up in Aldi and guess what they tasted different but just as nice, so I thought to myself I am getting the same product but cheaper, so I was delighted. I even started picking up two packets and they were still cheaper than the one pack of McVities.
    Eating them for months I was then one day we were in Dunnes and I just decided to pick up a packet of McVities. Brought them home and I felt a little richer having them in the press, when I tasted them I realised they were definitely nicer and I had let myself believe the Aldi’s where the same when they clearly where not they were a quality below but I just got used to them. I thought do you know what, I like Java's so I am going to spend the extra euro twenty for the ones I really want, it meant I only had one packet now a week but I preferred that one packet of McVities over the two lesser quality packets of Aldi’s jaffas.

Today Arsene I want a Mcvities anything less and I will be disappointed

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,428 ✭✭✭.jacksparrow.

Meant to be in talks for kalstromm it's all over the net so no links needed.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,536 ✭✭✭Dolph Starbeam

I think I'm the only one here who wouldn't mind Kalou, He'd be a better option that Bendtner. Only £2.5m so he won't break the bank.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,480 ✭✭✭ronjo

YayaBanana wrote: »
    I think I'm the only one here who wouldn't mind Kalou, He'd be a better option that Bendtner. Only £2.5m so he won't break the bank.

Would prefer Bentdner to be honest.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,012 ✭✭✭✭Alfred Borden

looks KK is a cert, he was brilliant 4 years ago but anyone see him lately?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,207 ✭✭✭maximoose

All I know about Kallstrom is he was a legend in this

Championship_Manager_01_02_cover.jpg

No way... he is a poor's man Gervinho.

• Advertisement

Since Beep are reporting Kim Kardashian is a done deal I think...;)

• Registered Users Posts: 4,536 ✭✭✭Dolph Starbeam

No way... he is a poor's man Gervinho.

60 goals and 40 assists is hardly a bad return. 250 appearance but i'd say about 50% of them were from the bench. As I said, its only £2.5m so imo he wouldn't be a bad option.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,276 ✭✭✭batistuta9

Kalstrom then! That's the end of frimpong so, what you think?

batistuta9 wrote: »
    Kalstrom then! That's the end of frimpong so, what you think?

good riddance imo, not good enough.

I cant believe it if we dont bring in a striker.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 52,426 ✭✭✭✭tayto lover

No back-up for Giroud yet?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,435 ✭✭✭wandatowell

maximoose wrote: »
    All I know about Kallstrom is he was a legend in this

Championship_Manager_01_02_cover.jpg

I just txt a mate asking him was it Championship manager or Football manager where Kallstrom was an essential first pre-season purchase :D

I think I'm the only one here who wouldn't mind Kalou,

Whenever I see Kalou I always think of Starvin Marvin from Southpark

african-kid-southpark.jpg

Might be in a bit of a grey area here with the mods. I don't me to offend, I just think they look similar.

Berba to Monaco, didn't see that coming. Our target group getting smaller and smaller.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,984 ✭✭✭Soups123

No back-up for Giroud yet?

This is the one thing I would find unforgiveable, if we don’t bring in something here. Theo out makes this an even bigger need for cover than it was in August when we missed out on Ba.

This all along was a definite for me, I just assumed something would be done here, maybe not as big as I would like but something. if the window closes without at least another body in at any standard for this position then its gross negligence

60 goals and 40 assists is hardly a bad return. 250 appearance but i'd say about 50% of them were from the bench. As I said, its only £2.5m so imo he wouldn't be a bad option.

I think his best time was with Feyenoord, I don't think seeing him on the bench will fill me with confidence.

• Advertisement

Raf32 wrote: »
    good riddance imo, not good enough.

I cant believe it if we dont bring in a striker.

Probably not, though i can't even mind the last time he played. Think he's out of contact in the summer too

Gambled on sanogo being fit is what he'll say

Have a sneaky feeling we might get Klose

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,207 ✭✭✭maximoose

Frimpong in talks now with Barnsley according to BBC Sheffield

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,500 ✭✭✭Drexel

Klose would stick his head on every cross Sanga puts in. He wouoldnt be bad backup. Was hoping for better tho :pac:

They'll be more Germans at the Emirates than Windsor palace at this rate

• Registered Users Posts: 1,553 ✭✭✭Spanish Johnny

jonny666 wrote: »
    Klose would stick his head on every cross Sanga puts in. He wouoldnt be bad backup. Was hoping for better tho :pac:

Fair enough but who?

I don't think Kalou is an upgrade on Bendtner. I don't see any point signing someone that is not an upgrade on him.

Fair enough but who?

I don't think Kalou is an upgrade on Bendtner. I don't see any point signing someone that is not an upgrade on him.

Fcuked if I know :)

Thats Wenger and the boards job

• Registered Users Posts: 1,608 ✭✭✭cathalio11

So excited with this 80% chance.

John Cross ‏@johncrossmirror 3m Kim Kallstrom has arrived at Arsenal training ground to complete talks, medical and loan deal. Could poss play Sunday. More on live blog

• Advertisement

John Cross ‏@johncrossmirror 3m Kim Kallstrom has arrived at Arsenal training ground to complete talks, medical and loan deal. Could poss play Sunday. More on live blog

Post of the day...... so far!

I remember when Kallstrom played for Rennes and I loved him.

Started off by getting him on Fifa for Arsenal and he was good there so I went on a rampage on Youtube on his videos.

Then he went to Lyon eventually.

Honestly haven't seen one game of his in 3 or 4 years. Forgot he existed until I opened up this thread this morning.

John Cross ‏@johncrossmirror 2m I actually think Kallstrom could be good stop gap loan signing. I don't think there will be any more deals from Arsenal

• Registered Users Posts: 3,480 ✭✭✭ronjo

As I wrote 20 times I would like Berbatov but as a short term solution and backup I think Klose would be excellent.

He knows where the goal is and will surely be motivated with the World Cup with his record there.

I don't mind Klose, he is like Kevin Phillip. He'll get you a goal off the bench.

:confused:

Why dont I know this guy. His name rings a bell but cant place him.

• Advertisement

Kallstrom is a much more reliable free-kick taker than anything we've seen so far this season, anyways.

:confused:

Why dont I know this guy. His name rings a bell but cant place him.

In fairness he is playing in Russia at present so we don't hear a lot on him. Did he play against Ireland in the World Cup qualifiers does anyone know?

In fairness he is playing in Russia at present so we don't hear a lot on him. Did he play against Ireland in the World Cup qualifiers does anyone know?

Yeah actually, in Sweden I think. Thanks for reminding me.

Don't remember him in the game we lost against Sweden though.

Some nice free-kicks in here.

Great to see someone that seems capable of shooting from outside 18 yards. Wenger will have it well knocked out of him by March!

Berbatov on way to Monaco.

I think it's looking likely that Kallstrom will be our only business.

• Advertisement
  • Administrators, Computer Games Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 32,409 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Mickeroo

Seems like a Sam Allardyce type signing to me.

cathalio11 wrote: »
    Some nice free-kicks in here.

good left foot. We're dire when it comes to free-kicks since the traitor left. Will be handy especially against teams who park the bus.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,756 ✭✭✭emergingstar

He can't make the Moscow team

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,798 ✭✭✭speedboatchase

'Financial firepower' you guys.

Just read about him and the mascot. Nice to add another player that's not a dickhead.

Can he play ball at 31 though?

I've never seen him play but it appears he's a left attacking mid. With Poldi, Ozil and Santi out there, why is he the only signing we're making? I thought with Walcott out we'd need someone down the right more?

'Financial firepower' you guys.

Flexing our muscles :)

• Registered Users Posts: 8,711 ✭✭✭keano_afc

Cant help but fling a steaming pile of "meh" at this one.

jesus we just have to get in some sort of striker. Serious questions will be asked of Wenger if he doesnt

Not impressed at all.
    Plenty of cover in that position.

Seems like anybody at all just to appease the fans. Wenger not even talking about any help up front. If he is relying on Sanogo as back-up for Giroud then he's mad.

Not inspiring but practical. Ramsey gone for 6 weeks, Flamini out for some big games, Arteta coming back from injury and Wilshere hurt again.

Wish we could have the big name signing too but if it's not out there in January that's fair enough too.

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement