Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Arsenal Talk/Gossip/Rumours Thread 2013/14 mod warning post #5144

Comments

He had a good first 12 months and would say re-paid half of the fee we paid for him by getting us into Champions League. I'm sure if we had played him behind the striker all the time, he would've been a great hit as he was with Russia, when we signed him.

Yeah I'd tend to agree he might have been played out of position alright

• Registered Users Posts: 4,536 ✭✭✭Dolph Starbeam

maximoose wrote: »
    Off topic.. was just talking about it with a guy in work as Kallstrom came up in conversation

Do you pronounce player names as they would be in their native language? ie do you say it like "Chellstrom"?

I feel like I should, but I also feel like a tit when doing it for some reason. Reminds me of Jonathan Pearce who goes out of his way to sound like he's from their bloody neighbourhood every time he says a foreign player's name. "Maraylesh".

Ye I remember a Swede telling me that it is pronounced "Chellstrom" back in 2004 so I've always pronounced it "Chellstrom". I wouldn't always, but I'd give a good stab at pronouncing it the right way.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,480 ✭✭✭ronjo

I hope if Arsenal announce the signing of Kallstrom on the website that they say this is all the business we will be doing today, if indeed it is.

Its the hope that kills you.

keano_afc wrote: »
    I dont think thats the reason for the "meltdown". We badly need a striker. As of today we've has 2 windows, or 3 months, and nothing has been done. Its frustrating to say the least.

No one available on loan. Either that or you grasp the nettle and potentially end up with a Torres flop. January is a risky month to pay big bucks

• Registered Users Posts: 5,756 ✭✭✭emergingstar

No one available on loan. Either that or you grasp the nettle and potentially end up with a Torres flop. January is a risky month to pay big bucks

Have the frustration is we needed one for a few windows now and still not addressed

• Registered Users Posts: 1,608 ✭✭✭cathalio11

The good thing is that we really haven't been caught out with our lack of depth at centre forward and arguably even centre back.

Giroud is extremely resilient and when he has been rested, Bendtner has done a very good job for a back-up centre forward.

I'm not denying that we need another back-up but I'm just pointing out that any risks the club have taken so far have paid off.

Have the frustration is we needed one for a few windows now and still not addressed

That is true to be fair....... We tried to get Ba in on the last day of August so its a known issue at the club for 5 months minimum.
    Is there really noone of his level out there?

I hope we can get a lad on loan but if not then all we can do is get behind the team and hope we don't get injuries to Pod or Giroud

• Registered Users Posts: 6,333 ✭✭✭bad2dabone

maximoose wrote: »
    Off topic.. was just talking about it with a guy in work as Kallstrom came up in conversation

Do you pronounce player names as they would be in their native language? ie do you say it like "Chellstrom"?

i would say Chellstrom as it makes me feel like a international bigwig. :pac:

let the hype begin, Chellstrom to bang in a 40 yard freekick to beat Man U at the emirates - kerpow!

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 9,425 ✭✭✭FearDark

Laughable all our hopes are on Giroud staying fit. Still in FA cup, Champs League and a real chance of winning the League and we don't address it... Mind-blowing.

• Administrators, Computer Games Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 32,409 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Mickeroo

Apparently it's been 82 days since Kallstrom played a league match, will he be match fit for sunday?

Mickeroo wrote: »
    Apparently it's been 82 days since Kallstrom played a league match, will he be match fit for sunday?

I don't think he will be eligible. Open for correction though.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,012 ✭✭✭✭Alfred Borden

cathalio11 wrote: »
    I don't think he will be eligible. Open for correction though.

Your right, had to be signed by 12 today so thats passed. debut at Anfield or at home to united? nightmares

• Registered Users Posts: 5,756 ✭✭✭emergingstar

I hope we can get a lad on loan but if not then all we can do is get behind the team and hope we don't get injuries to Pod or Giroud

I will always get behind the team just frustrated at times

This is going on along time, remember arshavin playing there cause we had no striker

But onwards we go and hole giroud can play every game for the rest of the season, bendy boots might be ok as an impact sub but he has been really poor the couple of times he started games

FearDark wrote: »
    Laughable all our hopes are on Giroud staying fit. Still in FA cup, Champs League and a real chance of winning the League and we don't address it... Mind-blowing.

Perhaps it is being addressed?

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 9,425 ✭✭✭FearDark

ronjo wrote: »
    Perhaps it is being addressed?

I really really hope so. Would be such a blow to loose the title to something so easy to address.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,536 ✭✭✭Dolph Starbeam

Its not been 82 days. He came off the bench for 10 minutes on the 8th of December, and assisted the only goal of the game. Ok it is still close to 60 days, but it is the winter break, I'm not sure if they have played any friendlies in between either.

Edit; Actually looking at other fixtures he rarely featured before that, may well be 82 days since his last start. Hopefully it won't take him long to get up to match fitness.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 52,428 ✭✭✭✭tayto lover

He hasn't been able to get a game at his last club, Moscow, according to reports.
    What are we doing with him then?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,752 ✭✭✭Mr Blobby

Surely there were other midfielders available... This signing makes no sense.

But i'll be gladly proven wrong.

He hasn't been able to get a game at his last club, Moscow, according to reports.
    What are we doing with him then?

Well, if a couple of slouches like myself, on a internet forum know that, I'm pretty sure Arsene Wenger knows as well.

And when I weigh up the fact that he hadn't started the last few games for Spartak with the fact that Wenger rates him highly enough to do a job here; I'd be more content than disappointed.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 5,428 ✭✭✭.jacksparrow.

Park number 2, or bischoff for that matter.

cathalio11 wrote: »
    Well, if a couple of slouches like myself, on a internet forum know that, I'm pretty sure Arsene Wenger knows as well.

And when I weigh up the fact that he hadn't started the last few games for Spartak with the fact that Wenger rates him highly enough to do a job here; I'd be more content than disappointed.

Maybe so but the left side of midfield does not seem to be the place we are lacking in. We also seem to have better players for that position than this guy. Can't understand this at all.

Still no striker. This is the urgent area, not left midfield.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,161 ✭✭✭Royale with Cheese

This could be an even stranger signing than Park, at least there's a commercial element to consider when signing a player from Korea.

I'm delighted Wenger has bounced back over the past year and even though I thought his time was coming to an end, I'm now very happy to hear he's on the verge of singing a new contract. That said, he has signed some proper turkeys over the years. I wouldn't just have blind faith in his ability in the transfer market, and this deal makes very little sense. Signing a 31 year old out of favour midfielder when players like Chamberlain and Podolski can't get in the team. I guess it's not going to hurt but what was badly needed was a striker to give Giroud a rest and replace him if he gets injured. I thought Arsenal were lucky to get through to January without needing one, to go through the entire season now with basically one senior striker is unforgivable.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,748 ✭✭✭✭AdamD

Raf32 wrote: »
    Your right, had to be signed by 12 today so thats passed. debut at Anfield or at home to united? nightmares

Guessing he was signed for his experience. Played plenty of CL football etc. so should be able to slot in without nerves etc. supposed to be an intelligent player but a bit slow at this stage of his career. That'll be fine against Liverpool because their midfield is poor but United always seem to cause our midfield problems with their pressing.

Ramsey is out for 6/8 weeks. With our luck it's probably longer.
    Jack was just getting fit when he was injured again. I think there's something the matter here.
    Rosicky is in and out all year.
    Theo out for the season.
    Chamberlain is just back and will take time to get match-fit.
    At the moment our midfield looks like -

Arteta, Cazorla, Ozil, Chamberlain/Gnabry and maybe Podolski/Monrael on the left.
    With Flamini suspended it's bad enough.

So we have 3 injuries basically?

Hardly a crisis.

So we have 3 injuries basically?

Hardly a crisis.

I didn't say it was a crisis.
    I said if we had 2 more injuries it would be serious.

I didn't say it was a crisis.
    I said if we had 2 more injuries it would be serious.

You said we have too many injuries to not sign players.

Anyway we both want the same thing, do it Wenger!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,382 ✭✭✭✭greendom

So is there no point watching Sky Sports News tonight unless I want to get depressed ?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,012 ✭✭✭✭Alfred Borden

Whats the odds we sign no striker and Giroud goes down on Sunday? would be our luck

Raf32 wrote: »
    Whats the odds we sign no striker and Giroud goes down on Sunday? would be our luck

Please do not say that again. Feckin bad enough as is.

• Advertisement

Stan Collymore (no idea why he would be privy) twitter account

Arsenal
    Going back to Madrid to try one last time for Morata

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,435 ✭✭✭wandatowell

Just Kallstrom so. Big mistake Arsene!

• Administrators, Computer Games Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 32,409 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Mickeroo

Qagliarella also being mentioned now too.

Telegraph reporting that we've made a €12 million bid for Jay Rodriguez. Can't see Southampton being interested in that sort of offer

greendom wrote: »
    Stan Collymore (no idea why he would be privy) twitter account

Arsenal
    Going back to Madrid to try one last time for Morata

Please happen!!

Wayne Veysey tweet

Arsenal deal for Klose is off the table. Player was keen but #AFC could not reach an agreement with Lazio.

Telegraph reporting that we've made a €12 million bid for Jay Rodriguez. Can't see Southampton being interested in that sort of offer

Surely rubbish but would take him in a heartbeat. They'll need to spend 20 million though I reckon.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,333 ✭✭✭bad2dabone

I'd rather Rodriguez than a loan of Morita.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,224 ✭✭✭✭Marty McFly

Jasus this thread makes for hard reading today just skipped about ten pages because all it was full of was nit picking and pointless bickering.

Kallstrom meh will barely get any game time not good enough imo. He's not fit to lace the boots of any of our midfielders if we need to rely on him in the title run up we will end up regretting it.

Also need a CF back up hopefully something gets sorted.

Get the finger out Arsenal and Wenger.

Not asking for world class just players of some quality to fill the holes.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,224 ✭✭✭✭Marty McFly

Wayne Veysey tweet

Arsenal deal for Klose is off the table. Player was keen but #AFC could not reach an agreement with Lazio.

Isn't Wayne Veysey the chief writer for goal.com?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,798 ✭✭✭speedboatchase

Offer for Kalou rejcted apparently.

Isn't Wayne Veysey the chief writer for goal.com?

Yes, he's not been bad recently tho. Just last week he said Ramsey was out for 6 weeks before anyone else had reported it. Yeah he's a good one for bad news!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,819 ✭✭✭liam7831

Kalou is a joke anyway a Chelsea castoff that has not exactly set the French league on fire.

Instead of signing one of the best young players in Europe we sign some guy in his 30's that no one else wanted.

Draxler prob to united or Chelsea in summer, same old story

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,819 ✭✭✭liam7831

Linked with Klose loan move now....

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,631 ✭✭✭✭Hank Scorpio

bendtner > kalou

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,500 ✭✭✭Drexel

Ah will they fûck off with Kalou

KK is our lot. Disappointed

Wonder whether Kakuta to Lazio = Klose to Arsenal

liam7831 wrote: »
    Linked with Klose loan move now....

I thought that collapsed?

Panic buying.

Running around trying to grab any player that will come to us.

This could have been done 4 weeks ago.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,336 ✭✭✭Mr.Micro

Panic buying.

Running around trying to grab any player that will come to us.

This could have been done 4 weeks ago.

Seen it all before...... Wenger true to form.:mad:

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement