Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Arsenal Talk/Gossip/Rumours Thread 2013/14 mod warning post #5144

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,756 ✭✭✭emergingstar

That tweet from ye bbc fella looks like the board are not carrying the can for wenger anymore

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,428 ✭✭✭.jacksparrow.

That tweet from ye bbc fella looks like the board are not carrying the can for wenger anymore

Explain?

• Registered Users Posts: 8,984 ✭✭✭Soups123

Explain?

@bbcsport_david: #Afc board were happy to meet #Schalke fee for Draxler & keen this month to avoid summer battle, but AW valuation lower & unwilling to budge

Soups123 wrote: »
    @bbcsport_david: #Afc board were happy to meet #Schalke fee for Draxler & keen this month to avoid summer battle, but AW valuation lower & unwilling to budge

Cheers. Interesting.

Kim k officials on arsenal. com

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,205 ✭✭✭Gringo180

Kallstrom is a shrewd signing, good solid player that will add strenght to our squad while Ramsey is out injured.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,665 ✭✭✭✭extra gravy

BfVQb6SCMAIXQEc.jpg:large

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,766 ✭✭✭farna_boy

You mean the same board that has been saying that it has been Wenger's fault all along and that it is up to him to spend the money?

Maybe if people actually listened to Wenger a few weeks ago when he said we weren't interested in Draxler, instead of taking a smile from a photo that was taken god knows when, in response to god knows what question as being gospel that we were going to sign him, half the people in here wouldn't be in meltdown now.

A good rule to live by when it comes to Wenger: If he praises him, we are not interested and we are not signing him.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,009 ✭✭✭kronsington

Disappointed with the failure to get draxler but not unexpected. I'd fear Bayern will come in for him in the summer if kroos is allowed to leave and of course there are city Chelsea et al to consider. I see there's now reports AW vetoed it despite the board being willing to match the few. If its just KK then it's a very underwhelming window. Why is everything up in the air on the last day? I know it probably as simple as it appears but for all this to emerge on the last day is crazy. 3 hours to go and no striker.

farna_boy wrote: »
    You mean the same board that has been saying that it has been Wenger's fault all along and that it is up to him to spend the money?

Maybe if people actually listened to Wenger a few weeks ago when he said we weren't interested in Draxler, instead of taking a smile from a photo that was taken god knows when, in response to god knows what question as being gospel that we were going to sign him, half the people in here wouldn't be in meltdown now.

A good rule to live by when it comes to Wenger: If he praises him, we are not interested and we are not signing him.

So when wenger says we're not interested in a player I should believe him and forget about it

Yeah

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,435 ✭✭✭wandatowell

Very uninspiring.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,382 ✭✭✭✭greendom

Disappointed with the failure to get draxler but not unexpected. I'd fear Bayern will come in for him in the summer if kroos is allowed to leave and of course there are city Chelsea et al to consider. I see there's now reports AW vetoed it despite the board being willing to match the few. If its just KK then it's a very underwhelming window. Why is everything up in the air on the last day? I know it probably as simple as it appears but for all this to emerge on the last day is crazy. 3 hours to go and no striker.

Why weren't Chelsea et al interested in him during this transfer window?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,828 ✭✭✭gosplan

liam7831 wrote: »
    Kalou is a joke anyway a Chelsea castoff that has not exactly set the French league on fire.

Instead of signing one of the best young players in Europe we sign some guy in his 30's that no one else wanted.

Draxler prob to united or Chelsea in summer, same old story

Hmmm,

Do you not think that the fact we're looking at short term loans for experienced players means Wenger is trying to get what we need now rather than some player we want for the future but who is currently fcuk all use.

We don't need attacking mids or wingers for years.

If we're spending 40+ million on another player, then we need another striker.

Maybe Draxler can become a striker but I don't thing anyone's basing that on anything apart from the fact that the papers said he's just like RVP.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,333 ✭✭✭bad2dabone

Soups123 wrote: »

but that's the way it is, the money is there and Arsene decides if it is to be spent. this isn't a new thing.

3 hours to go and no striker.

He's not a striker

• Registered Users Posts: 3,480 ✭✭✭ronjo

Nothing from Arsenal to say this is only signing so.....

Ornstein has now deleted the tweet. Damage done I think

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,819 ✭✭✭liam7831

gosplan wrote: »
    Hmmm,

Do you not think that the fact we're looking at short term loans for experienced players means Wenger is trying to get what we need now rather than some player we want for the future but who is currently fcuk all use.

We don't need attacking mids or wingers for years.

If we're spending 40+ million on another player, then we need another striker.

Maybe Draxler can become a striker but I don't thing anyone's basing that on anything apart from the fact that the papers said he's just like RVP.

This guys best days are behind him, would be better holding on to Arshavin if we wanted a middle aged uninspiring no body

• Closed Accounts Posts: 417 ✭✭Wolf Club

Hopefully Kalstromm will prove helpful enough, obviously not exactly mind blowing but he should be a decent player to bring on in the 65th minute of games to keep things ticking over if things are going our way, or something. I was hoping for Vucinic for the same reasons, is that off the cards now?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,608 ✭✭✭cathalio11

Wolf Club wrote: »
    Hopefully Kalstromm will prove helpful enough, obviously not exactly mind blowing but he should be a decent player to bring on in the 65th minute of games to keep things ticking over if things are going our way, or something. I was hoping for Vucinic for the same reasons, is that off the cards now?

I fancy Vucinic to go somewhere because Osvaldo was brought in but we shall see.

greendom wrote: »
    Ornstein has now deleted the tweet. Damage done I think

he's using info which we all know about (wenger makes the calls) to attempt to beat the club up. i'm not a fan of that guy at all.

Regarding Kim K, welcome to Arsenal. Hope he shows us all his quality and experience. And at least he's better backup than Frimmy.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,361 ✭✭✭Boskowski

Don't worry. Neither will Kroos leave Bayern nor will Bayern sign Draxler IMO. If Bayern wanted Draxler they'd already have him. Kroos is just bargaining for a better contract. I'd be sick if United would get him.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,478 ✭✭✭✭gnfnrhead

People really need to lay off the Twitter crap. 99% of it is made up and yet people take it as fact and get stressed out about it.

So when wenger says we're not interested in a player I should believe him and forget about it

Yeah

Better that than some of the drivel that has been posted in here because we are not spending £40 Million on a 19 year old who has yet to prove himself.

People are bad enough when other young players have a bad game or a few bad games, and we spent f*ck all money on them.

Imagine if we actually spent money on Jenkinson? He gets enough abuse in here already and there are no great expectations about him.

If Draxler signed, he is currently on the way back from injury, would need time to settle to the English game and get used to the players around him, none of which will happen over night and maybe not before next season. Can you imagine the abuse he would get? And with all that pressure because of his price tag?

If we do want him, we would be much better off getting him in the summer and let him gel with the team, but still I don't know if he is worth it.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 52,428 ✭✭✭✭tayto lover

So the total business is -

Frimpong - out.
    Kallstrom - in.

As you were then.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 792 ✭✭✭Topbike77

Ah here ide take Kalou at this stage... all we feckin need is another forward to score a few goals

Exactly this.^^

Also, what if we spend 40 million on a winger we don't need that much and then want to buy a striker in the summer?

Draxler is long term and long term we should be looking for an amazing striker.

farna_boy wrote: »
    Better that than some of the drivel that has been posted in here because we are not spending £40 Million on a 19 year old who has yet to prove himself.

People are bad enough when other young players have a bad game or a few bad games, and we spent f*ck all money on them.

Imagine if we actually spent money on Jenkinson? He gets enough abuse in here already and there are no great expectations about him.

If Draxler signed, he is currently on the way back from injury, would need time to settle to the English game and get used to the players around him, none of which will happen over night and maybe not before next season. Can you imagine the abuse he would get? And with all that pressure because of his price tag?

If we do want him, we would be much better off getting him in the summer and let him gel with the team, but still I don't know if he is worth it.

Don't think people are pïssed that were not getting draxler

People are pîssed that were challenging for a title have loads of money and were one injury or suspension away from bendy boots

• Registered Users Posts: 205 ✭✭king Henry 14

This is a repeat of wengers form in transfer windows gone by. This leaving things till last minute is no good. If we don,t start showing ambition we won,t attract top players and will lose the likes of oil and wilshere. I reckon we are going to fall further behind chelsea and City and we can forget any trophys. Serious lack of ambition from wenger

were challenging for a title have loads of money and were one injury or suspension away from bendy boots

yerp, this is what is frustrating me. I'm not hopping mad, i'm a bit underwhelmed. I still hold out a little hope of getting a loan deal backup striker, but i'm probably fooling myself.

• Advertisement

Don't think people are pïssed that were not getting draxler

People are pîssed that were challenging for a title have loads of money and were one injury or suspension away from bendy boots

Chelsea are in the same boat.

Is it possible that there isn't strikers out there at the moment?

Chelsea are in the same boat.

Is it possible that there isn't strikers out there at the moment?

We needed one for 3 windows

Can't find anyone better than bendy boots? Really ??

This is a repeat of wengers form in transfer windows gone by. This leaving things till last minute is no good. If we don,t start showing ambition we won,t attract top players and will lose the likes of oil and wilshere. I reckon we are going to fall further behind chelsea and City and we can forget any trophys. Serious lack of ambition from wenger

'If we don't start showing ambition we won't attract top players and will lose the likes of Ozil'

Hmmmmmmmmmmm

We needed one for 3 windows

Can't find anyone better than bendy boots? Really ??

Just speaking about this window tbh.

Just speaking about this window tbh.

We could surely find some decent on loan of not then spent a bit and again go big in the summer

We would still be left with 4 decent strikers at the club

We could surely find some decent on loan of not then spent a bit and again go big in the summer

We would still be left with 4 decent strikers at the club

Who are these?

Who are these?

Giroud
    Sanaogo

And my imaginary two signings :)

'If we don't start showing ambition we won't attract top players and will lose the likes of Ozil'

Hmmmmmmmmmmm

Well that's what happened RVP.

Looking back over the last few pages, it seems very few of the regular posters are actually the ones at the start of every meltdown, rather it is new posters or Arsenal fans who only ever post in here during transfer windows.

Colour me suspicious but for the next week or so, I think I will only read posts from known posters and, if they stay around, I might start reading their posts. Hopefully that will help me avoid some of the BS posted here today.

So lads what will the team be for Sunday?

• Advertisement

Well that's what happened RVP.

My point was kind of that we attracted the likes of Ozil.

RVP was different. He wanted a medal instantly, hope he's glad he got it.

You couldn't predict how it's gone though.

Now we're a true goal scorer shy of being a complete squad.

Then all we really has was the goal scorer.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,012 ✭✭✭✭Alfred Borden

To be honest the more i think about it the more i like the signing. On a loan, can play in the champions league where arteta is suspended and looks decent at set pieces. Would love to see a striker but alas if its not to be it will be forgotten about until may. Cant wait for sunday now and get this stupid window behind us.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,665 ✭✭✭✭extra gravy

SSN just said we have expressed an interest in Papisse Cisse but Newcastle would only consider a sale rather than a loan... This is tiresome now.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,012 ✭✭✭✭Alfred Borden

seems we are still active

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,175 ✭✭✭Irish Aris

So lads what will the team be for Sunday?

Woj
    Sagna-Mert-Kos-Monreal
    Arteta-Rosicky
    Gnabry-Özil-Cazorla
    Giroud

I would love to see Pod in the starting 11 though. . .

Irish Aris wrote: »
    Woj
    Sagna-Mert-Kos-Monreal
    Arteta-Rosicky
    Gnabry-Özil-Cazorla
    Giroud

I would love to see Pod in the starting 11 though. . .

After his performance in the Southampton game, I'd rather see Gibbs than Monreal

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,175 ✭✭✭Irish Aris

After his performance in the Southampton game, I'd rather see Gibbs than Monreal

no objection there. I think LB is a position that we have two equally good players.

Monrael had a bad match. Gnabry was not too hot either. I don't think Rosicky is fit either.
    We could see Gibbs, Oxo and Podolski playing.

Our bench could be very weak indeed.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,480 ✭✭✭ronjo

Monrael had a bad match. Gnabry was not too hot either. I don't think Rosicky is fit either.
    We could see Gibbs, Oxo and Podolski playing.

Our bench could be very weak indeed.

Would hope Mozart will make bench at least. Great player for the bigger games coming up.
    If we don't make another signing tonight it would be very nice to hear Mert, Sagna and Rosicky have all signed new contracts.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,752 ✭✭✭Mr Blobby

Just to help everyone. Here's how to pronounce Källström.
    http://www.forvo.com/word/kim_k%C3%A4llstr%C3%B6m/

:D

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement