Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Arsenal Talk/Gossip/Rumours Thread 2013/14 mod warning post #5144

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,012 ✭✭✭✭Alfred Borden

kallstrom supposedly will wear the #18 shirt joining legends such as...:pac:

BfVvOmwIUAAamLW.jpg

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,509 ✭✭✭Underground

I'm glad Wenger pulled the plug and refused to pay £40m for Draxler,crazy money for an unproven player.

Also,I've seen this argument(probably in this thread) that fans shouldn't care what kind of fee their club pays for players, that we are fans and it is not our job to worry about finances.

This seems pretty damn contradictory to me. As fans, shouldn't it be our very duty to hope for the best deal for our club? God forbid we end up with an Andy Carroll or Savio-esque transfer.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 52,428 ✭✭✭✭tayto lover

Jesus, that's scary Raf32.

Jesus, that's scary Raf32.

I know when i saw it i was very worried but he looks (hopefully) levels above them :pac:

can i just say Phil Senderos must have the best agent in the game today, how in the hell is he going to Valencia?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,752 ✭✭✭Mr Blobby

While I agree with not paying the £40M for Draxler.
    There is no excuse for not bringing in a Striker. Its the position that really needed addressing.

Wenger is really playing with Fire by not bringing in a backup for Giroud.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 9,425 ✭✭✭FearDark

Whatever about pulling out of the 40m for Draxler why do we keep putting all our eggs into one basket... Suarez in the summer and Draxler in the January window. Why do we never have a plan B... One that isn't a last day trolley dash "oh he'll do" job.

• Registered Users Posts: 205 ✭✭king Henry 14

Raf32 wrote: »

BfVvOmwIUAAamLW.jpg

I always liked grimandi. Never the best player but boy did he kick lumps out of the opposition. Always brought a smile to my face to see him downing the other teams big players. Hardy b***tard.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,305 ✭✭✭Green Hornet

Jeepers, that SSN format of going around the stadiums with all kinds of idiots in the background gets very tiring very quickly.

I always liked grimandi. Never the best player but boy did he kick lumps out of the opposition. Always brought a smile to my face to see him downing the other teams big players. Hardy b***tard.

I liked Cygan, he would get into our team when we had an injury, play 3 or 4 decent games and then make a horrendous mistake... and repeat this for his entire time with us. Just when you thought he would be dependable BAM he'd let ya down!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 52,428 ✭✭✭✭tayto lover

Jeepers, that SSN format of going around the stadiums with all kinds of idiots in the background gets very tiring very quickly.

That's why i'm watching the golf and soon going for a few pints.
    Nothing to be seen here tonight.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,333 ✭✭✭bad2dabone

Grimandi's tackle on Edgar Davids during God's testimonial:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 26,458 ✭✭✭✭gandalf

Always had a soft spot for Grimaldi as well, gave 100% on the pitch and got stuck in. Good hardy professional, if this new lad is anything like him we have a good edition to the squad.

The other lads were donkeys thou :P

• Registered Users Posts: 8,984 ✭✭✭Soups123

bad2dabone wrote: »

Seen it a million times and break my bollox every time. The eye movement afterwards too quality

It's a toss up between Silvestre and Franny Jeffers for the biggest donkey award.

"Just a half hour before the transfer window SLAMS shut"

*shows Big Ben clock*

/back to cold reporter standing outside The Emirates

*fans giggling in the background*

A single tumbleweed rolls slowly across the picture...

Fairly epic stuff.

Ah ye that's what im talking about. Great bit of stuff was that fella.

And that's that.

\Lone party streamer falls to the floor

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 10,402 Mod ✭✭✭✭CatInABox

And that's that.

\Lone party streamer falls to the floor

Thank god that's over, now we can get back to the business of winning the league.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,984 ✭✭✭Soups123

I'm over it but I'll be completely honest it is an utter disgrace a forward wasn't brought in.

Goodnight

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,431 ✭✭✭dvemail

Park is off to Watford on loan for the rest of the season. This window has now been a success.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,333 ✭✭✭bad2dabone

dvemail wrote: »
    Park is off to Watford on loan for the rest of the season. This window has now been a success.

we finish the window with one less striker than we started it.

it's actually kind of funny :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 29,117 ✭✭✭✭Quazzie

I'm not overly worried about a striker. I have faith in Podolski to fill any that might be left. Onwards anjd upwards.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,431 ✭✭✭dvemail

we finish the window with one less striker than we started it.

it's actually kind of funny :D

3 if you include Afobe and Akpom. :pac:
    Not that any 3 would be used anyway.

Monrael had a bad match. Gnabry was not too hot either. I don't think Rosicky is fit either.
    We could see Gibbs, Oxo and Podolski playing.

Our bench could be very weak indeed.

Not Monreals first stinker either. Hopeless against City and has a tendency to think he is a third centre half

BfVvOmwIUAAamLW.jpg

All French. Perhaps a Swede will break the cycle. That said I rated Grimandi :-)

Hope we don't regret the lack of business in this window. Thank god it's over though. Keep getting my hopes up only to be disappointed. Fingers crossed for the rest of the season.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,608 ✭✭✭cathalio11

Monreal has been good for us lately.

Difficult for a left back to stop a goal-scoring centre back with his hands on your back from winning an aerial battle.
    Should it have been a foul? Maybe yes, maybe no; but he did have his hands on Monreal, pushing him down.

He has put in a string of solid performances before that and that is why Wenger made him number 1 ahead of Gibbs, for however long that lasts.

I think we'll win a trophy this season and announce our return somehow :-D

• Advertisement

cathalio11 wrote: »
    Monreal has been good for us lately.

Difficult for a left back to stop a goal-scoring centre back with his hands on your back from winning an aerial battle.
    Should it have been a foul? Maybe yes, maybe no; but he did have his hands on Monreal, pushing him down.

f has put in a string of solid performances before that and that is why Wenger made him number 1 ahead of Gibbs, or however long that lasts.

Sunday

• Registered Users Posts: 5,756 ✭✭✭emergingstar

Hope rosicky starts on Sunday get the tempo right

You wont believe it boys, started playing fifa there with the brother, added KK to the team and all. giroud gets injured after 6 minutes and im struggling who to bring on for him, all wengers fault :pac:

I'm glad Wenger pulled the plug and refused to pay £40m for Draxler,crazy money for an unproven player.

Also,I've seen this argument(probably in this thread) that fans shouldn't care what kind of fee their club pays for players, that we are fans and it is not our job to worry about finances.

This seems pretty damn contradictory to me. As fans, shouldn't it be our very duty to hope for the best deal for our club? God forbid we end up with an Andy Carroll or Savio-esque transfer.

I agree. I hear that b*llocks talk from United fans all the time and the same dopes give the Pool fans stick for squandering money

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,101 ✭✭✭NUTZZ

I agree. I hear that b*llocks talk from United fans all the time and the same dopes give the Pool fans stick for squandering money

You can't tar all fans with the same brush. I've heard fans from all clubs with that attitude, it doesn't represent the whole fan base.

I thought it was crazy money they were mentioning for Herrera, too much paid for Fellaini and I also think it was ridiculous amounts for Arsenal to be paying for Draxler, a 20 year old.

I want the right players at the right price, which doesn't always happen, that doesn't mean you throw more money at it to try and solve it.

Källström is actually number 29*

6JGdjAG.jpg

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,608 ✭✭✭cathalio11

Mr Blobby wrote: »
    Källström is actually number 29*

Even better, Mighty Marouane.

NUTZZ wrote: »
    You can't tar all fans with the same brush. I've heard fans from all clubs with that attitude, it doesn't represent the whole fan base.

I thought it was crazy money they were mentioning for Herrera, too much paid for Fellaini and I also think it was ridiculous amounts for Arsenal to be paying for Draxler, a 20 year old.

I want the right players at the right price, which doesn't always happen, that doesn't mean you throw more money at it to try and solve it.

Ah yeah I'm not making a sweeping generalisation but I know a few meat heads who support various different clubs who take this attitude

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,748 ✭✭✭✭AdamD

Yeah a lot of uproar about it not being Wenger's place to make a call like that but from his point of view, that's 40 million he won't have in the summer where we will still need to buy a striker. I'm not particularly annoyed about Draxler, still think a striker was needed though. Kallstrom is a stop-gap and reasonably sensible, unless injuries go bad again we probably won't see him start much after Ramsey/Flamini get back.

Kallstrom looks big, think he can definitely cover as that fourth choice CB too as he has in the past so not a bad signing at all, just badly needed anybody for upfront.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 268 ✭✭Ging Ging

"Kallstrom looks big, think he can definitely cover as that fourth choice CB too as he has in the past so not a bad signing at all, just badly needed anybody for upfront"

Stchick him in the goals sure.

• Advertisement

anyone have a list of free agent strikers available? :pac:

Just incase anyone's interested.
    Here's the guy that broke the 'Källström loan.
    https://twitter.com/thearsenalhorse

Might be worth following for future transfers.

Also his first interview.

Mr Blobby wrote: »
    Just incase anyone's interested.
    Here's the guy that broke the 'Källström loan.
    https://twitter.com/thearsenalhorse

Might be worth following for future transfers.

he always does the whole deadline day at the training ground too, fair play to him.

Jesus 66 pounds for that Arsenal jersey or 80 euro and 45 cent for an almost two year old jersey that we will only wear a handfull of times more.

It's **** like that that makes supporters go bat **** crazy when we don't buy anyone.

Absolute joke.

FearDark wrote: »
    Jesus 66 pounds for that Arsenal jersey or 80 euro and 45 cent for an almost two year old jersey that we will only wear a handfull of times more.

It's **** like that that makes supporters go bat **** crazy when we don't buy anyone.

Absolute joke.

Stopping buying them years ago, once you have one home one your covered unless its a serious looking jersey like that maroon one.

Stopping buying them years ago, once you have one home one your covered unless its a serious looking jersey like that maroon one.

I foolishly still buy. They'll be heavily promoting the new Puma range come the Start of May, its a disgrace to ask 80 euro for the current jersey...all things considered.

FearDark wrote: »
    I foolishly still buy. They'll be heavily promoting the new Puma range come the Start of May, its a disgrace to ask 80 euro for the current jersey...all things considered.

its a disgrace, wasnt the tellow one only brought out this season and its going to be shelved already after the big promotions they were doing for it?

its a disgrace, wasnt the tellow one only brought out this season and its going to be shelved already after the big promotions they were doing for it?

We've gone through an awful lot of away/3rd jerseys in the last few years. It's crazy.

• Administrators, Computer Games Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 32,409 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Mickeroo

Any jersey I've ever owned was either a gift or bought for me by my parents when I was small.

Mickeroo wrote: »
    Any jersey I've ever owned was either a gift or bought for me by my parents when I was small.

I like to think I'm Henry when I'm out on astroturf though.

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement