Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Arsenal Talk/Gossip/Rumours Thread 2013/14 mod warning post #5144

Comments

• Administrators, Computer Games Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 32,410 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Mickeroo

FearDark wrote: »
    I like to think I'm Henry when I'm out on astroturf though.

The only time I've ever worn mine is on the astroturf :D

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 9,425 ✭✭✭FearDark

Mickeroo wrote: »
    The only time I've ever worn mine is on the astroturf :D

Same, I don't wear it out and about or even to the pub. I wear that Champions League 2006 yellow jersey with "HENRY 14" on the back with pride on astroturf though, as I thunder forward, fat thighs bulging, ready to close-line anyone thinking of coming within 5 yards of me.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,382 ✭✭✭✭greendom

Raf32 wrote: »
    Kallstrom looks big, think he can definitely cover as that fourth choice CB too as he has in the past so not a bad signing at all, just badly needed anybody for upfront.

That's interesting, so would you say he was more defensive or creative ?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,012 ✭✭✭✭Alfred Borden

greendom wrote: »
    That's interesting, so would you say he was more defensive or creative ?

from what i have seen, defensive 100% with a great left peg on him, so good shots from distance and good set pieces.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,072 ✭✭✭12gauge dave

Never be embarassed to wear your arsenal jersey lads :)

Ive wore mine to night clubs even after messy matchdays and pulled so have faith in the jersey:)

• Registered Users Posts: 3,516 ✭✭✭jonneymendoza

Hi all. I am I Vietnam and have been for the past two weeks. What's the update? What have I missed? Still on top? Bought sure yet?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,752 ✭✭✭Mr Blobby

Hi all. I am I Vietnam and have been for the past two weeks. What's the update? What have I missed? Still on top? Bought sure yet?

We signed Draxler for €38M and beat Southampton 3-2 and and Wenger signed a new contract.

At least someone will be happy.

We bought Messi, Ronaldo and Bale.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,516 ✭✭✭jonneymendoza

Mr Blobby wrote: »
    We signed Draxler for €38M and beat Southampton 3-2 and and Wenger signed a new contract.

At least someone will be happy.

Awsome. But why do I have a feeling that the complete opposite is true lol. Well I will believe what you say as I don't want to be upset here in Vietnam lol.

Anyways football is big here. All the locals watch footy. A shame most are United and Liverpool fans,!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,984 ✭✭✭Soups123

Awsome. But why do I have a feeling that the complete opposite is true lol. Well I will believe what you say as I don't want to be upset here in Vietnam lol.

Anyways football is big here. All the locals watch footy. A shame most are United and Liverpool fans,!

If you come across any half decent CFs there sure bring them back with you

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,224 ✭✭✭✭Marty McFly

Mickeroo wrote: »
    Any jersey I've ever owned was either a gift or bought for me by my parents when I was small.

Same here got my first jersey in years this season which now comes in handy for the gym.

The rest I hold onto got a few with Wright on the back.

As for the window meh would have hoped for better still think we will challenge and can win it like I said begining of the season we just have to hope player stay fit and suspensions steer clear.

Sounds just like Ireland!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,573 ✭✭✭2ndcoming

Still sick Sp*rs pipped us for Holtby...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,828 ✭✭✭gosplan

2ndcoming wrote: »
    Still sick Sp*rs pipped us for Holtby...

And we didn't stump up the cash for Osvaldo and Soldado in the summer.

They were so clearly what we needed.

Oh and Rickie Lambert of course.

In all seriousness. Glad we haven't spend all our cash on a player that isn't a CF.

Wenger's spoken before about needing a forward that can play 'with or without Giroud'. So that's a big purchase in the summer in the Suarez, Ageuro, Higuain mould.

http://metro.co.uk/2014/01/31/miroslav-klose-left-upset-as-deadline-day-arsenal-transfer-collapses-4286337/

Shame I think he could have done a reasonable job for us. A bit like when Henry came back and scored a couple of crucial goals for us.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 454 ✭✭TheCoolWay

http://metro.co.uk/2014/01/31/miroslav-klose-left-upset-as-deadline-day-arsenal-transfer-collapses-4286337/

Shame I think he could have done a reasonable job for us. A bit like when Henry came back and scored a couple of crucial goals for us.

Its hard to know how KLOSE that deal actually was :P:D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,828 ✭✭✭gosplan

TheCoolWay wrote: »
    Its had to know how KLOSE that deal actually was :P:D

Reported for being really bad humour

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 454 ✭✭TheCoolWay

gosplan wrote: »
    Reported for being really bad humour

Duck it its a joke we didn't sign anyone but its only life at the end of the day despite how serious we take it. Very unlikely to win the league now Ollie is going to be knackered in no time unless Nicky manages to get in touch with Harry Potter :(

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,478 ✭✭✭✭gnfnrhead

can i just say Phil Senderos must have the best agent in the game today, how in the hell is he going to Valencia?

Senderos was good when on form. His problem was how inconsistent he was. Great one week, woeful the next.
    kallstrom supposedly will wear the #18 shirt joining legends such as...:pac:

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/BfVvOmwIUAAamLW.jpg

We really need to retire that number. Grimandi wasnt bad but nothing spectacular either.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,500 ✭✭✭Drexel

Disappointed about no striker coming in but we are no worse off then we were, no one around us bought anyone of note and we are still right in the mix.

COME ON YOU GUNNERS

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,500 ✭✭✭Fuzzy_Dunlop

gosplan wrote: »
    And we didn't stump up the cash for Osvaldo and Soldado in the summer.

They were so clearly what we needed.

Oh and Rickie Lambert of course.

In all seriousness. Glad we haven't spend all our cash on a player that isn't a CF.

Wenger's spoken before about needing a forward that can play 'with or without Giroud'. So that's a big purchase in the summer in the Suarez, Ageuro, Higuain mould.

Don't forget lamela!

What strikers are there out there that would fit the mould of suarez etc that might be available? I really can't think of any except maybe Diego Costa but I'm still not convinced by him. How are cavani and Falcao getting on in France? (i know Falcao is injured)

• Registered Users Posts: 4,536 ✭✭✭Dolph Starbeam

Don't forget lamela!

What strikers are there out there that would fit the mould of suarez etc that might be available? I really can't think of any except maybe Diego Costa but I'm still not convinced by him. How are cavani and Falcao getting on in France? (i know Falcao is injured)

What do you mean how are they getting on in France? Falcao scored about 1 every 2 games before his injury. Imo he's a better striker than Aguero, I know thats a big statement but he is a phenomenal player. And Cavani is banging in goals even though he is being played out of position half the time.

I agree with you on Costa, I'm not sold on him either, I think he's a one dimension kind of player, nowhere near as good as Falccao, Aguero or Suarez imo.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,608 ✭✭✭cathalio11

Remember the 4-4 game between Sweden and Germany?

Apparently Kallstrom came on at half time and set up 2 or 3 goals.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,065 ✭✭✭MaxPower89

Sick of the moaning about who we could have got in, 2nd rate or past it strikers, who gives a monkeys. Can we just move on now and focus on the players we have. We play with 1 up top, that is Giroud, and Bendtner when the former is rested/injured. We won't be changing tack now.

Should we persist with Gnabry or go with the Ox on the RHS? We need to start scoring a few more goals, and I think the Ox is more likely to provide them, and he needs minutes to get up to speed. Gnabry, whilst he looks a gem, is more for the future and doesn't look like scoring.

I'd like to see the following team v Palace:

back 5(Gibbs @ LB)

Ox Arteta Ozil Cazorla Podolski

Giroud

Kallstrom was a member of the Lyon team that dominated French football and did well in Europe too.

I'd say he'll do a better job than most are expecting...

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-2549581/Fear-not-Arsenal-fans-Kim-Kallstrom-signing-represents-better-business-Julian-Draxler-now.html

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,431 ✭✭✭dvemail

Kallstrom was a member of the Lyon team that dominated French football and did well in Europe too.

I'd say he'll do a better job than most are expecting...

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-2549581/Fear-not-Arsenal-fans-Kim-Kallstrom-signing-represents-better-business-Julian-Draxler-now.html

Don't think anybody will be expecting too much from him so anything positive he bring to the team will be a bonus. If he can have a Benayoun type impact i think most fans will be happy.

YayaBanana wrote: »
    What do you mean how are they getting on in France? Falcao scored about 1 every 2 games before his injury. Imo he's a better striker than Aguero, I know thats a big statement but he is a phenomenal player. And Cavani is banging in goals even though he is being played out of position half the time.

I agree with you on Costa, I'm not sold on him either, I think he's a one dimension kind of player, nowhere near as good as Falccao, Aguero or Suarez imo.

I was kind of coming at it from a 'are they happy there and would they be looking for a move potentially' kinda angle. Someone like that would be great.

Oh and of course our match is on at the same time as the rugby tomorrow, typical!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 52,428 ✭✭✭✭tayto lover

I am happy enough with our squad if all were fit.
    I just think that if we had bought one good goal poacher it would have given us the vital cog we are lacking.
    Don't ask me who. I am not a scout and don't follow foreign football but surely there was some gem of a player available that would have improved us.

Still on-wards and upwards.

Oh and of course our match is on at the same time as the rugby tomorrow, typical!

Feck the rugby. Watch it later.

• Advertisement

Feck the rugby. Watch it later.

Are we on tv?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,435 ✭✭✭wandatowell

Are we on tv?

Sky Im sure

• Administrators, Computer Games Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 32,410 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Mickeroo

Gooner first, Irishman second. Not that I watch Rugby anyway :o

Any word on how much longer Wilshere will be out for?

dvemail wrote: »

I am seriously worried about Jack and Ramsey. Don't think we are getting the true story.

Yes we are on Sky tomorrow.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,065 ✭✭✭MaxPower89

8th Feb according to Physioroom, not sure how accurate that is though. On the plus side, Sanogo is back on the 8th also. :cool:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,748 ✭✭✭✭AdamD

In contention for the Liverpool game.

Thought we were playing today :( big disappointment after coming home from work...

AdamD wrote: »
    In contention for the Liverpool game.

Thought we were playing today :( big disappointment after coming home from work...

Cracking game on now between QPR and Burnley. 2 - 3 at minute Doyle and Dunne scored for QPR.

I am seriously worried about Jack and Ramsey. Don't think we are getting the true story.

Yes we are on Sky tomorrow.

Think Jack should really only be used every second game from now on with maybe a few sub appearances when he doesn't start. The lad get tackled so many times his body can't cope with all the knocks.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,205 ✭✭✭Gringo180

MaxPower89 wrote: »
    Sanogo is back on the 8th also. :cool:

I know he's only young but the only appearance he's made for us he looked like a rabbit caught in the head lights, it'll be a good while until he's ready for first team action if ever.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,748 ✭✭✭✭AdamD

Gringo180 wrote: »
    I know he's only young but the only appearance he's made for us he looked like a rabbit caught in the head lights, it'll be a good while until he's ready for first team action if ever.
    Wasn't he on the pitch for like 8 minutes? Can't make a judgement on that..

AdamD wrote: »
    Wasn't he on the pitch for like 8 minutes? Can't make a judgement on that..

Yeah which makes it all the more worrying that he caught my eye. I said it after the game that the lad looked way out of his depth.

This isn't funny but sometimes you have to laugh, but apparently our new signing injured himself in training and is out for a couple of months.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,224 ✭✭✭✭Marty McFly

Yeah which makes it all the more worrying that he caught my eye. I said it after the game that the lad looked way out of his depth.

Ah yea have to give a player more than 8 minutes any young player making his debut can be overwhelmed, especially only off the plane to a new country and a new team it can take season pros time to adjust never mind a player who is a prospect.

I saw a bit of him during the summer playing for France and he looked a good player.

This isn't funny but sometimes you have to laugh, but apparently our new signing injured himself in training and is out for a couple of months.
    Your having a laugh??
    Ah yea have to give a player more than 8 minutes any young player making his debut can be overwhelmed, especially only off the plane to a new country and a new team it can take season pros time to adjust never mind a player who is a prospect.

I saw a bit of him during the summer playing for France and he looked a good player.

I hope I am wrong about him, but you have to remeber its a huge jump in playing underage football to Prem Lge level. Remember a certain Arturo Lupoli was running riot at under age level.

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 5,402 ✭✭✭Tinie

Word going round that Kallstrom is out for 2-3 months. You couldn't make it up.

Your having a laugh??

I wish. Still in rumour stage, but seems to be true.

All you can do is laugh really if it's true. Everyone saw what we needed to bring in and Wenger failed miserably yet again.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,752 ✭✭✭Mr Blobby

I doubt its true.
    The newspaper that said this are meant to make up **** all the time.

Edit: And how would a Swedish newspaper know about an injury so soon?

• Registered Users Posts: 8,711 ✭✭✭keano_afc

I'd say its a wind up. Wouldn't surprise me though.

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement