Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Arsenal Talk/Gossip/Rumours Thread 2013/14 mod warning post #5144

Comments

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 5,402 ✭✭✭Tinie

Mr Blobby wrote: »
    I doubt its true.
    The newspaper that said this are meant to make up **** all the time.

BBC reporting on it now.
    Some worrying news for Arsenal supporters coming out of Sweden, with reports that loan signing Kim Kallstrom has suffered a nightmare start to life in the Premier League after picking up an injury that will keep him out of action for the next two to three months.

Leading tabloid newspaper Aftonbladet say the Sweden international picked up the knock in his first training session at his new club following his deadline-day move from Spartak Moscow. This has not been confirmed or denied by the Gunners, who next play on Sunday when they host Crystal Palace.

He was only signed on loan as cover for injuries - so his stay could be very, very fruitless...

Still could be false news though.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,205 ✭✭✭Gringo180

dvemail wrote: »
    I wish. Still in rumour stage, but seems to be true.

Unbelievable if true, really sums up our luck the past few years :rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 5,756 ✭✭✭emergingstar

German journalist saying the reason draxler didn't move is because bayern told him tell will take him in the summer

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,748 ✭✭✭✭AdamD

When Kallstrom comes back he will quite literally be like a new signing :pac:

What to we be doing in training? We get some amount of injuries, it couldn't just be a coincidence??

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,500 ✭✭✭Fuzzy_Dunlop

Why would a swedish tabloid be the only journalists to know about it?

[edit] never mind, Ornstein just tweeted about it :o
    Kallstrom suffered back injury in first #afc training session - being assessed. Understood reports of 2-3 months out inaccurate #bbcfootball

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,828 ✭✭✭gosplan

Gringo180 wrote: »
    What to we be doing in training? We get some amount of injuries, it couldn't just be a coincidence??

I'd say no more than Utd over the last few years.

Young technical players get injured a lot too.

• Administrators, Computer Games Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 32,410 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Mickeroo

Have to laugh really.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,500 ✭✭✭Drexel

We have to be the unluckiest team going. He is pretty much out for the season if 2/3 months.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,012 ✭✭✭✭Alfred Borden

Gilberto is a free agent boys...

• Advertisement

gosplan wrote: »
    I'd say no more than Utd over the last few years.

Young technical players get injured a lot too.

Thats true enough and you would be surprised how many injuries you pick up just doing ball work.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,416 ✭✭✭✭salmocab

If its true about Kallstrom then surely we have the 7 day cooling off period when you buy something off the internet. Would be better paying off his wages and sending him back to Russia than have to see him every day as a reminder.

I doubt we trained hard enough the day before a match to really cause this injury

So my question is how we missed this during the medical

Raf32 wrote: »
    Gilberto is a free agent boys...

I hear Roger Milla is available too.

I doubt we trained hard enough the day before a match to really cause this injury

So my question is how we missed this during the medical

You don't have to have an underlying problem for an injuries like this to occur. Its just very very unfortunate more than anything.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 5,402 ✭✭✭Tinie

You don't have to have an underlying problem for an injuries like this to occur. Its just very very unfortunate more than anything.

It's his back though what could have they be doing the day before a game

• Registered Users Posts: 1,608 ✭✭✭cathalio11

That's probably more of a reason.

More likely to damage back than pull a muscle in light training, I'd guess.

Anyways, none of us are medical experts so I don't see much point in debating this.

Stretching, Jumping? Could be anything? I find it very hard to believe he will be out for that long with a back problem unless its serious.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 10,402 Mod ✭✭✭✭CatInABox

In other news, go on Shane Long!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,483 ✭✭✭brianregan09

So we needed a striker and we ended up getting a buddy for diaby

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,079 ✭✭✭DenMan

Stretching, Jumping? Could be anything? I find it very hard to believe he will be out for that long with a back problem unless its serious.

Imagine I'd it was our new 37 million signing mother of god :):)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,483 ✭✭✭brianregan09

Pay **** all ya get **** all I guess

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 10,402 Mod ✭✭✭✭CatInABox

Pay **** all ya get **** all I guess

Well, so far, I've gotten a pretty good laugh out of all the jokes going around now, so it's not a total loss.

They are all ironic laughs of course, but laughs none the less.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 6,299 ✭✭✭djPSB

Frimpong sent off on his Barnsley debut. :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,509 ✭✭✭Underground

Starting to wonder if our training ground is littered with claymore mines and bear traps.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,333 ✭✭✭bad2dabone

djPSB wrote: »
    Frimpong sent off on his Barnsley debut. :D

Dense. i mean, dench.

I know he's only young but the only appearance he's made for us he looked like a rabbit caught in the head lights, it'll be a good while until he's ready for first team action if ever.

he's got an awful lot of raw potential though. I think he could well make it.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,478 ✭✭✭✭gnfnrhead

I have to question why he was even in training so soon. He couldnt play against Palace anyway so give him two or three days to get moved in and let him find his way around before sticking him in training. Would be different if he was an option tomorrow but he isnt.

• Advertisement

Could be worse. We could be Man United supporters.

Kallstroms supposed injury may or may not be a fact.

but things that are facts:

spurs are being beat by hull
    Man U are losing to Stoke
    Everton losing to Villa.

gnfnrhead wrote: »
    I have to question why he was even in training so soon. He couldnt play against Palace anyway so give him two or three days to get moved in and let him find his way around before sticking him in training. Would be different if he was an option tomorrow but he isnt.

The training today would have been incredibly light, and why not bring him in? The longer he spends with the rest of them, the better he'll be able to fit in.

This sort of injury is unfortunate and extremely unlucky, but anyone can put their back out doing anything.

Woj
    Sagna Mert Kosc Gibbs
    Arteta, Ox
    Gnabry, Ozil, Cazorla/Podolski
    Giroud

Is still more than enough to beat Palace, get Jack back for the big games and I won't be too worried.

bad2dabone wrote: »

Everton losing to Villa.

All easy, comfortable games, right? Hopefully this isn't a weekend where all the long shots work out.

German journalist saying the reason draxler didn't move is because bayern told him tell will take him in the summer

There's also this rumour from GeoffArsenal:

"My German pal said Drax was on TV, declared he had offers and was prepared to leave but the President of Schalke blocked it."

We'll see this summer I think.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,431 ✭✭✭dvemail

CatInABox wrote: »
    There's also this rumour from GeoffArsenal:

"My German pal said Drax was on TV, declared he had offers and was prepared to leave but the President of Schalke blocked it."

We'll see this summer I think.

Couple of tweets from JanAageFjortoft who was one of the 1st to break it.

Jan Aage Fjortoft ‏@JanAageFjortoft 1h Re: Draxler Spent the last hours to "investigate" what happened to Draxler last days. Have talked to very informed people

Jan Aage Fjortoft ‏@JanAageFjortoft 1h
    Draxler just been on Sky saying that he could have left, had great offers, but at the end Schalke-boss Heldt said no

Jan Aage Fjortoft ‏@JanAageFjortoft 1h
    My view. Based on my information. Bayern Munich managed to stop the Draxler-deal by saying "we take him in the summer".

Jan Aage Fjortoft ‏@JanAageFjortoft 1h You'll probably say I just speculate, but I have tweeted about "Bayern won't sit still" many times. End up at Bayern? Not sure "NewCards"

• Administrators, Computer Games Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 32,410 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Mickeroo

bad2dabone wrote: »

Everton losing to Villa.

You left out that one of City or Chelsea are 100% guaranteed to drop points also.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,174 ✭✭✭Sergio

Mickeroo wrote: »
    You left out that one of City or Chelsea are 100% guaranteed to drop points also.

A draw monday night would be the ideal result for us really

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,276 ✭✭✭batistuta9

Sergio wrote: »
    A draw monday night would be the ideal result for us really

i'd nearly rather a chelsea win

• Advertisement

ts
    David Ornstein ‏@bbcsport_david 18s
    Arsenal medical team gave Wenger the prognosis but it was decided Kallstrom would still sign & undergo rehabilitation with #afc #bbcfootball
    Expand Reply Retweet Favorite More
    David Ornstein ‏@bbcsport_david 33s
    Kallstrom informed Arsenal of discomfort on arrival at club on Fri - MRI scan showed no damage, CT scan found back injury #afc #bbcfootball
    David Ornstein ‏@bbcsport_david 42s
    Kallstrom injured his back on Tuesday while playing football on a beach during Spartak's pre-season tour in Abu Dhabi #afc #bbcfootball
    David Ornstein ‏@bbcsport_david 1m
    Clarification - Kallstrom out for at least 6 games with back injury found in medical before signing. Not done in training #afc #bbcfootball

1345834178446.jpg

Kalstrom is injured, out for six games with an injury the club knew about in the medical. not done in training.

we signed an injured player as cover for an injured player.

:D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,500 ✭✭✭Fuzzy_Dunlop

That is so ****in retarded

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 4,664 Mod ✭✭✭✭Hyzepher

Stoke - everyone's favourite 2nd team ;)

Utd lost a fair few defenders there through injury too, without wishing anybody harm I just hope there out for the game at the Emirates :pac:

On another note young Chuks Aneke scored twice today for Crewe.

Surely that can't be true? Were they bribed to take him on loan or something?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,500 ✭✭✭Drexel

Wonder what kinda dirt KK has on Wenger :pac:

dont know what the thinking was there

• Registered Users Posts: 8,711 ✭✭✭keano_afc

Sorry, but if those tweets are true and we signed a player who admitted he was injured, people need to lose their jobs. This is beyond embarrassing and completely unacceptable for a professional football club.

medical team told the manager apparently. who knows. its as bizarre as the Park signing.

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 9,425 ✭✭✭FearDark

Transfers need to be taken out of wengers hands. That's disgraceful. AGAIN!

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement