Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Arsenal Talk/Gossip/Rumours Thread 2013/14 mod warning post #5144

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,428 ✭✭✭.jacksparrow.

Stats miss one important thing - Chelsea have yet to play City at the Etihad. Skews it a bit.

Que?

I'm possibly wrong, I'll be the first to hold my hand up.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,431 ✭✭✭dvemail

Rosicky passed fit for tomorrow it would seem. Surely Poldi will get to start tomorrow?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,828 ✭✭✭gosplan

Mickeroo wrote: »
    The record only applies to games they both played the full 90 minutes.

Which makes it a silly record IMO. You can't take getting sent off out as some kind of an irrelevant result as regards the performance of a centre half.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,756 ✭✭✭emergingstar

Love the difference of opinion and debate

If we all agreed it would be a boring place, were all entitled to our opinions

Keep it civil and on we go :)

dvemail wrote: »
    Rosicky passed fit for tomorrow it would seem. Surely Poldi will get to start tomorrow?

Massive massive boost

Arteta - Rosicky
    Ozil - Caz -Pod
    HFB

Wenger's will prob stick Ox in though.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,478 ✭✭✭✭gnfnrhead

gosplan wrote: »
    Which makes it a silly record IMO. You can't take getting sent off out as some kind of an irrelevant result as regards the performance of a centre half.

How can you count it if they werent playing together?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,431 ✭✭✭dvemail

Agreed we could be 3-0 down with that pairing and Mert gets taken off after 88min so the record stays intact. It's a silly stat but they have been a great pairing.

• Administrators, Computer Games Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 32,410 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Mickeroo

I agree. If one of them got substituted in a match we lost it wouldn't count either, daft really.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,382 ✭✭✭✭greendom

I was told the stats speak for themselves, and that's all that really matters at the end, let's be honest.

Well we're talking about Merts and Kos and the stays say they're the best cb partnership in the league.

What do you think of them. Do you think they are poor are are you just annoyed that you were contradicted ?

• Advertisement

gnfnrhead wrote: »
    How can you count it if they werent playing together?

They were till Kos get sent off and we lost. I don't think they can be considered to not have lost a game.

Obviously you can say 'that they both played in for 90 mins' but you know, Cantona never kicked a fan in a match that he played 90 mins in.

As much as I'm not a fan of pod
    Id like to see him start tomorrow

greendom wrote: »
    Well we're talking about Merts and Kos and the stays say they're the best cb partnership in the league.

What do you think of them. Do you think they are poor are are you just annoyed that you were contradicted ?

I could turn around and say Kos gettingy sent off worked against us, so his mistake cost us.

Might count against him in the best cb we have going on here.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,342 ✭✭✭Bobby Baccala

How can you not be a fan of this :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,012 ✭✭✭✭Alfred Borden

Cant wait for tomorrow, feels like weeks since Tuesday. Put that window behind us and get a good result and we will be all buzzing tomorrow!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,665 ✭✭✭✭extra gravy

Do you not think he's probably the best finisher we have? I don't think we've seen the best of him yet to be honest even though he chipped in with his fair share last season. Think if he got a good run of games and stayed injury free, he could be vital for us in the run in.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,608 ✭✭✭cathalio11

Podolski is no doubt the best finisher at the club.

He just can't start alongside Ozil or another player who won't track back.
    He's also not much of a physical force up front.

I would like Podolski to start tomorrow and Ozil to stay on the bench until the second half.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 52,428 ✭✭✭✭tayto lover

cathalio11 wrote: »
    Podolski is no doubt the best finisher at the club.

He just can't start alongside Ozil or another player who won't track back.
    He's also not much of a physical force up front.

I would like Podolski to start tomorrow and Ozil to stay on the bench until the second half.

I wouldn't leave Ozil off.
    The 2nd half of the Southampton game showed him at his best.
    He seems to be just hitting form and as such should be in the team.
    I don't therefore think Podolski will start tomorrow. It will probably be Ox or Gnarby.

• Registered Users Posts: 205 ✭✭king Henry 14

Scez
    Sagna mert kos gibbs
    Arteta
    Ozil gnabry Rosicky pod
    Giroud

• Advertisement
  • Administrators, Computer Games Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 32,410 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Mickeroo

I could turn around and say Kos gettingy sent off worked against us, so his mistake cost us.

Might count against him in the best cb we have going on here.

Is someone saying having Kos sent off didn't work against us?

Mickeroo wrote: »
    Is someone saying having Kos sent off didn't work against us?

Kos / mert are class.
    End of story.

Scez
    Sagna mert kos gibbs
    Arteta
    Ozil gnabry Rosicky pod
    Giroud

It won't work because Ozil and Podolski don't track back consistently.

Will damage the balance of the team which Wenger keeps talking about.

That's why he loves playing Cazorla left. Think he has been involved in all of our clean sheets. Tracks back a lot and fills in for full back occasionally.

cathalio11 wrote: »
    It won't work because Ozil and Podolski don't track back consistently.

Will damage the balance of the team which Wenger keeps talking about.

That's why he loves playing Cazorla left. Think he has been involved in all of our clean sheets. Tracks back a lot and fills in for full back occasionally.

Good point. But surely pod deserves a start. His goals could be invaluable for us.

Good point. But surely pod deserves a start. His goals could be invaluable for us.

Undeniable. I think this a game where Podolski can net one or two key goals.

It's up to Wenger though and I trust him.

Do you not think he's probably the best finisher we have? I don't think we've seen the best of him yet to be honest even though he chipped in with his fair share last season. Think if he got a good run of games and stayed injury free, he could be vital for us in the run in.

Don't like him in the team as his work rate is questionable he done track back and his hold up play is crap

But as ya said he is by miles the best finisher at the club and against palace I think we need that more than any of the other stuff so I would start him tomorrow

But he would only see a few mins in all our big games coming up

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,342 ✭✭✭Bobby Baccala

Podolski is a seriously good finisher, been a fan since his fc koln days, he'd tear palace apart given his game imo

• Registered Users Posts: 1,065 ✭✭✭MaxPower89

Hoping not to hear the dreaded; "We played with little bit the handbrake" tomorrow. We have started slowly in recent games, slow passing, poor movement. We know Palace will dig in, try and frustrate, and catch us on the break and with set pieces. I'd like to see Santi/Poldi and the Ox start and not be afraid to have a pop at goal, so as to have some variability in our play.

Also, we can expect Kos/Mert to see lots of the ball, we are sometimes so predictable in these two players passing to Arteta time and time again. They are well able(Kos especially) to pass it straight into the advanced midfielders with a 30 yard pass instead of a 3 yard sideways one to Arteta. Kos is also excellent at carrying the ball out, when there is space in front of him, not to be afraid to push on.

Here's to a good display and 3 points.

COYG.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,333 ✭✭✭bad2dabone

• Registered Users Posts: 3,480 ✭✭✭ronjo

Scez
    Sagna mert kos gibbs
    Arteta
    Ozil gnabry Rosicky pod
    Giroud

Santi has to play no question.
    Look at his current goal scoring form.

P4DDY2K11 wrote: »
    Podolski is a seriously good finisher, been a fan since his fc koln days, he'd tear palace apart given his game imo

I still can't understand how he is not supposed to be 100% fit.

He made his comeback over a month ago.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,390 ✭✭✭Bowlardo

Is Ashley cole's contract up with Chelsea in the summer and would you have him back? Cost nothing but the wages and he is and always has been one of the best left backs in the business

Bowlardo wrote: »
    Is Ashley cole's contract up with Chelsea in the summer and would you have him back? Cost nothing but the wages and he is and always has been one of the best left backs in the business

We don't need a left back.wouldnt necessarily be against it otherwise though.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,500 ✭✭✭Drexel

noooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo
    ooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo
    ooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo

No to cole, no way. and no to the reports of rvp coming back in the papers today. great player, but hugely injury prone and a skunk.

They are starting a right back ahead of him so that tells you the level he is at. Also left back is our strongest position and also the fact that he is a (you know what).

Back to the top today lads! Lets do this and show them its our title this year!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,500 ✭✭✭Drexel

bad2dabone wrote: »
    No to cole, no way. and no to the reports of rvp coming back in the papers today. great player, but hugely injury prone and a skunk.

Havent seen them reports! His little boy must have shut up.

Back to the top today lads! Lets do this and show them its our title this year!

That's the spirit. Absolutely no reason not to be confident.

ronjo wrote: »
    That's the spirit. Absolutely no reason not to be confident.

Exactly, this is our year, I really feel we will beat city and chelsea, the team will finally get the belief to beat the top teams.

It's ours to throw away, very confident we won't

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,382 ✭✭✭✭greendom

Exactly, this is our year, I really feel we will beat city and chelsea, the team will finally get the belief to beat the top teams.

It's ours to throw away, very confident we won't

Is my sarcasm detector faulty or is this genuine ?

• Advertisement

Genuine, have to start believing at some stage.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,984 ✭✭✭Soups123

Either that or he got his rocks last night and everything's great

• Registered Users Posts: 8,984 ✭✭✭Soups123

Genuine, have to start believing at some stage.

True If you can't enjoy it while things are going well you never will , these are good times

Soups123 wrote: »
    Either that or he got his rocks last night and everything's great

I wish!

I'd rather Adebayor back before Cole.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,305 ✭✭✭Green Hornet

No idea if its true or not but a lot of sites saying that Arsenal are trying to cancel KK transfer because of his injury. I'd imagine that must mean that they didn't know he was injured when they agreed to the loan. Bit of a miss by the medical team if that's the case...

No idea if its true or not but a lot of sites saying that Arsenal are trying to cancel KK transfer because of his injury. I'd imagine that must mean that they didn't know he was injured when they agreed to the loan. Bit of a miss by the medical team if that's the case...

It seems to be a total shambles

Deadline day deals are often rushed through. A lot dont even have medicals in the first place.

• Advertisement

ronjo wrote: »
    It seems to be a total shambles

its an embarassing episode

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement