Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Arsenal Talk/Gossip/Rumours Thread 2013/14 mod warning post #5144

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,336 ✭✭✭Mr.Micro

No idea if its true or not but a lot of sites saying that Arsenal are trying to cancel KK transfer because of his injury. I'd imagine that must mean that they didn't know he was injured when they agreed to the loan. Bit of a miss by the medical team if that's the case...

That's often what happens when one goes bargain basement shopping at the last minute, lol.

• Administrators, Computer Games Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 32,410 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Mickeroo

This is all an elaborate ruse to draw attention away from the team and take the pressure off us in the title race.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,608 ✭✭✭cathalio11

cathalio11 wrote: »
    Monreal has been good for us lately.

Difficult for a left back to stop a goal-scoring centre back with his hands on your back from winning an aerial battle.
    Should it have been a foul? Maybe yes, maybe no; but he did have his hands on Monreal, pushing him down.

He has put in a string of solid performances before that and that is why Wenger made him number 1 ahead of Gibbs, for however long that lasts.
    Sunday

Maybe you should have specified which Sunday :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,573 ✭✭✭2ndcoming

2ndcoming wrote: »
    Don't think there's any other option than Arteta and Ox in the middle really. Flamini, Ramsey, Wilshere, Diaby, Rosicky all out.

Would like to see a line of Pod-Ozil-Cazorla in front of those two to complete the midfield five.

Arsene knows lol.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,333 ✭✭✭bad2dabone

Loving the Man U fan who made a complete tit of himself in the match day thread. Loving it.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,012 ✭✭✭✭Alfred Borden

Said it before and got slated a bit but definitely think Ox could play up top if giroud got injured.

Raf32 wrote: »
    Said it before and got slated a bit but definitely think Ox could play up top if giroud got injured.

I don't think so. His presence would maybe be around Podolski level. Open to be proved wrong.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,553 ✭✭✭Spanish Johnny

I wouldn't slate that anyway but I wouldn't like to have to depend on it immediately and in an emergency.

Hopefully we dont have to see it this season anyways :pac:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,428 ✭✭✭.jacksparrow.

It begins...

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 4,300 ✭✭✭HazDanz

Solid Win. Back top!

HazDanz wrote: »
    Solid Win. Back top!

i think that's our tenth 2-0 win.

I think we'll get a CL spot this season lads.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 9,425 ✭✭✭FearDark

I can guarentee either Chelsea or City will drop points tomorrow.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,305 ✭✭✭Green Hornet

bad2dabone wrote: »
    Loving the Man U fan who made a complete tit of himself in the match day thread. Loving it.

What did he say?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 30,746 ✭✭✭✭Galvasean

Giroud 14 (10)
    Ramsey 13 (8)
    Cazorla 6 (4)
    Walcott 6 (5)
    Ozil 5 (4)
    Wilshere 5 (3)
    Podolski 5 (3)
    Oxlade-Chamberlain 2 (2)
    Mertesacker 2 (2)
    Bendtner 2 (2)
    Rosicky 1 (0)
    Flamini 1 (1)
    Arteta 1 (1)
    Gnabry 1 (1)
    Eisfeld 1 (0)
    Sagna 1 (1)
    Gibbs 1 (0)

• Administrators, Computer Games Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 32,410 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Mickeroo

11th clean sheet I think.

What did he say?

Think he spent a good few posts calling the Ox injury prone and "English Diaby" and will never make it.

Then he scores twice.

Unbelievably, he cited Rosicky as the guy who will come on and win it for Arsenal. Rosicky being an actual injury prone player, unlike Ox who picked up a bad impact injury.

This is the start of it, the title is ours ..

Is he United? I defended him a little in the match thread as I thought we were being a bit harsh if he was an Arsenal man.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 52,428 ✭✭✭✭tayto lover

cathalio11 wrote: »
    Think he spent a good few posts calling the Ox injury prone and "English Diaby" and will never make it.

Then he scores twice.

Unbelievably, he cited Rosicky as the guy who will come on and win it for Arsenal. Rosicky being an actual injury prone player, unlike Ox who picked up a bad impact injury.

The post was about a Man United fan.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,345 ✭✭✭jamescd

FearDark wrote: »
    I can guarentee either Chelsea or City will drop points tomorrow.

or both :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 35,514 ✭✭✭✭efb

Back top

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,382 ✭✭✭✭greendom

10 points clear of 5th with 14 games to go is looking good. I know we should be looking to win the league based on where we are currently, but our first target has to be making the top 4.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,984 ✭✭✭Soups123

Good second half, job done hopefully step up a level for next week

efb wrote: »
    Back top

I don't like saying that until we've played the same number of games as the team in 2nd. Here's hoping for a good result tomorrow night. Chelsea win or a draw would both be welcome.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,748 ✭✭✭✭AdamD

Delighted with that win tbh, only saw the 2nd half mind. Ox was very good, always had a good shot on him and has much more potential to become a 15 goal a season man than Rambo and Wilshere IMO. Bit worried about Arteta though, seemed very slow to everything which allowed them to counter a few times. Giroud was poor too.

would take the point at liverpool next week

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,500 ✭✭✭Drexel

No way. All three :D

Gerrupp outta that, 3 points, we always do well at Enfield.

• Advertisement

AdamD wrote: »
    Delighted with that win tbh, only saw the 2nd half mind. Ox was very good, always had a good shot on him and has much more potential to become a 15 goal a season man than Rambo and Wilshere IMO. Bit worried about Arteta though, seemed very slow to everything which allowed them to counter a few times. Giroud was poor too.

Giroud didn't do much but his 1 -2 with Ox for the second goal was class.

Amazing stat about Koscielny I've just seen on Twitter. Since his sending off against Villa, he hasn't had even a single booking.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,478 ✭✭✭✭gnfnrhead

Shame Everton won. Would have been damn near perfect so far if they had dropped points too. At least one of City and Chelsea will be dropping points too so it would have been an amazing weekend.

Is he United? I defended him a little in the match thread as I thought we were being a bit harsh if he was an Arsenal man.

I thought he was United, that's why I was a dick to him :-)

gnfnrhead wrote: »
    Shame Everton won. Would have been damn near perfect so far if they had dropped points too. At least one of City and Chelsea will be dropping points too so it would have been an amazing weekend.

Surely we aren't worried about Everton??

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,500 ✭✭✭Drexel

Wenger is after clarifying the KK situation. He had a small micro fracture (players play with them all the time) which turned out to be worse. Moscow are sharing the cost after that and he said he'll be back the start of March. It was KK or no one and he said he'll have him for the run in

No thanks. Chelsea and city have easy fixtures that's a must win match.

• Advertisement

I thought he was United, that's why I was a dick to him :-)

Im not sure! Anyway we had a bit of craic with it but if he is Arsenal I hope he sees the funny side and we haven't driven him away!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,748 ✭✭✭✭AdamD

gnfnrhead wrote: »

Don't think Everton are relevant to us.

Wenger on Kallstrom: : “It’s simple. He has a ‘micro-fracture. Spartak share the cost as long as he’s injured. I had a choice to make >”

makes sense if we're not paying for him while hes injured

edit: not paying all of his wages anyway

• Registered Users Posts: 1,569 ✭✭✭Nemeses2050

We should go for the win, No point going for a draw.

I'm sure we'll go for the win, but I won't be disappointed with the draw.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,478 ✭✭✭✭gnfnrhead

Surely we aren't worried about Everton??

Not worried, but it would be nice to eliminate them.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,205 ✭✭✭Gringo180

Back were we belong lads, hoping for a Chelsea win tomorrow!

Wenger never sends his team out for a draw.

(Apart from holding by a thread sometimes)

3 points nothing else.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 149 ✭✭Chris The Hacker

Bayern Munich are on BT Sport... winning 5 - 0.

They're going to be tough to beat.

Can't wait for those matches.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,569 ✭✭✭Nemeses2050

Wenger never sends his team out for a draw.

(Apart from holding by a thread sometimes)

3 points nothing else.

I do agree to it some extent, but Wenger has been bit more pragmatic this season.

This season he's been different and that is the reason we're top, I've seen him play 5 at the back and make more defensive subs this season to protect our lead, In previous seasons it used to be "go for the kill" and we used to concede so many times with everybody going gung-ho

I would much rather win the Premiership to be honest.

Gringo180 wrote: »
    Back were we belong lads, hoping for a Chelsea win tomorrow!

Hopefully not. Chelsea still have a home game against us not too far away remember.

I'd rather a draw, but a City win wouldn't be too bad. They've away games still to Liverpool, United, Everton and most importantly away against us. We can make up the points even if they pull slightly ahead.

jamescd wrote: »
    Hopefully not. Chelsea still have a home game against us not too far away remember.

I'd rather a draw, but a City win wouldn't be too bad. They've away games still to Liverpool, United, Everton and most importantly away against us. We can make up the points even if they pull slightly ahead.

Draw and both drop points.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,536 ✭✭✭Dolph Starbeam

I would much rather win the Premiership to be honest.

I don't think I'd say I'd much rather win the Premiership, winning the CL would be unbelievable, but I feel we have a much more realistic chance of winning the Premiership.

Draw and both drop points.

I know, I was just saying if one team were to win it, I'd rather it be City.

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement