Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Arsenal Talk/Gossip/Rumours Thread 2013/14 mod warning post #5144

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,205 ✭✭✭Gringo180

jamescd wrote: »
    Hopefully not. Chelsea still have a home game against us not too far away remember.

I'd rather a draw, but a City win wouldn't be too bad. They've away games still to Liverpool, United, Everton and most importantly away against us. We can make up the points even if they pull slightly ahead.

I think Chelsea will be more susceptible to dropping silly points than Man City, plus a City defeat on there own patch may effect team confidence and morale.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 52,428 ✭✭✭✭tayto lover

YayaBanana wrote: »
    I don't think I'd say I'd much rather win the Premiership, winning the CL would be unbelievable, but I feel we have a much more realistic chance of winning the Premiership.

Maybe so BUT I know very few Germans, Italians or Spanish people to slag.
    I know loads of Man U, Pool and Chelsea fans. :D:D

• Registered Users Posts: 5,756 ✭✭✭emergingstar

I want a city win tomorrow

On the match job done

Don't wanna see pod in the big games and I will be worried about arteta too

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,175 ✭✭✭Irish Aris

Gringo180 wrote: »
    I think Chelsea will be more susceptible to dropping silly points than Man City, plus a City defeat on there own patch may effect team confidence and morale.

that.
    Right now City looks like the train with no brakes. It would be nice if something derailed them.

Despite the slow first half, it felt like an easy win for me.
    I never felt really threatened by their counter attacks and it looked like we would score at least once. It was very good that happened very early in the second half as it destroyed CP's game - didn't look like they had a plan b.

I want a city win tomorrow

I don't understand the thinking behind this tbh, I would class City as more of a threat than Chelsea :confused:

I don't understand the thinking behind this tbh, I would class City as more of a threat than Chelsea :confused:

Put us 5 ahead of Chelsea and we have city at home

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,345 ✭✭✭jamescd

I don't know, I'm still not convinced about City away from home. They had a big win at Spurs last time out, but so did Liverpool, and Liverpool didn't need a Spurs player to get sent off to do it. Spurs are just meh :pac: Liverpool, Everton, United and us away should provide a sterner test for them.

But that's only worst case scenario. Hopefully Mourinho parks the bus like he did against us and they play out a 0 - 0 draw.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,207 ✭✭✭Hangballlouie

fair play lads and ladies. I'm one of many I know who believed that the Arsenal train was gonna come to a halt, but every week when I expect you to fall you don't.

Between you and City now as I see them bouncing off Chelsea tomorrow. I know there is 14 games left but if you keep key players fit, then it will go down to the wire imo.

• Advertisement

Put us 5 ahead of Chelsea and we have city at home

But 1 point behind City and back down to 2nd. As I said I think Chelsea will drop points on the road when not expected but at the minute City really do look unstoppable. Imagine the confidence boost to there team if they beat Chelsea tomorrow.

But 1 point behind City and back down to 2nd. As I said I think Chelsea will drop points on the road when not expected but at the minute City really do look unstoppable. Imagine the confidence boost to there team if they beat Chelsea tomorrow.

Every team will drop points make it a two horse race and shoot it out with them

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 26,458 ✭✭✭✭gandalf

I'd prefer a draw tomorrow tbh. I bet that Mourinho will adopt some 19th century football tactics tomorrow night, Chelsea are going to make David Moyes United look adventurous in comparison :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,012 ✭✭✭✭Alfred Borden

I love the way everyone is deciding what result they would prefer, tomorrow is going to be a good day no matter what happens, our weekend!

Back to more pressing matters, slight oversight on my part, but I'll be in Rome on holiday for the home tie against Munich. I don't know if they'll be showing it on the hotel room so will most likely have to go to a bar. Anyone know a good place to watch it ?

gandalf wrote: »
    I'd prefer a draw tomorrow tbh. I bet that Mourinho will adopt some 19th century football tactics tomorrow night, Chelsea are going to make David Moyes United look adventurous in comparison :D

now now, that would be very unlike Mourinho. . . :rolleyes:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,665 ✭✭✭✭extra gravy

Every time we've needed someone to step up this season, someone has. First Ramsey then Theo, Santi and today Chamberlain. People talk about having a world class striker but that need is greatly diminished when you have so many players with the character and skill to step up and provide the goals when needed. Long may it continue.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 26,458 ✭✭✭✭gandalf

Ah Raf32 it's fun to speculate especially when we have picked up three points today :)

Ah Raf32 it's fun to speculate especially when we have picked up three points today :)

oh agreed, just its lovely being able to watch it without hoping and praying on a certain teams, thats all :)

fkp8gi.jpg

Just goes to show you what a blinding job Wenger is doing, the man is one of the best coaches in world football, we are blessed to have him, In Sir Arsene Wenger We Trust. Lets get behind the team now this is our time :cool:

Every time we've needed someone to step up this season, someone has. First Ramsey then Theo, Santi and today Chamberlain. People talk about having a world class striker but that need is greatly diminished when you have so many players with the character and skill to step up and provide the goals when needed. Long may it continue.

Add Wilshere onto that list. Scored the equaliser against West Brom and scored the opener against Marseille. Hopefully he's back for the Pool game.

• Advertisement

Rosicky has got to start too against Liverpool. we can afford to be narrow against them on a small pitch and he just lifts the tempo levels

• Registered Users Posts: 6,333 ✭✭✭bad2dabone

The counterpoint to that Gringo is why do we always have so many injuries?
    are the training methods too harsh, causing them?
    are our medical staff not up to the job?
    is the teams rotational policy to blame? putting players in the red zone?
    Are we just unlucky?

who knows. Wenger is a superb manager and coach, but I'd love to have a chat with him about the injuries we suffer and see what he thinks.
    I really hope when he retires he writes a hell of a book.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,569 ✭✭✭Nemeses2050

fkp8gi.jpg

Just goes to show you what a blinding job Wenger is doing, the man is one of the best coaches in world football, we are blessed to have him, In Sir Arsene Wenger We Trust. Lets get behind the team now this is our time :cool:

No doubting Wenger, he is the best thing to have happened for Arsenal.
    But why do we get so many injuries every year? Our injury list is always bigger than others, there must be a reason. Are our training methods wrong?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,478 ✭✭✭✭gnfnrhead

But why do we get so many injuries every year? Our injury list is always bigger than others, there must be a reason. Are our training methods wrong?

We go hard in training to allow the players to go longer without getting tired during the games. It's a risky tactic but seems to pay off on the pitch.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,828 ✭✭✭gosplan

I also think that the age profile matters.

Older players = fewer injuries.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,431 ✭✭✭dvemail

Can't forget that Diaby counts for just less than a third of that total.

dvemail wrote: »

Add Sanogo to that. . .

• Registered Users Posts: 1,569 ✭✭✭Nemeses2050

I won't just blame Diaby, we've lost Fabregas, traitor, Wilshere, Mozart et al to longterm injuries in the past.

True. Many managers would just have cut him loose.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,300 ✭✭✭HazDanz

gosplan wrote: »
    True. Many managers would just have cut him loose.

He'll do something special once he is back fit to help us lift some sort of trophy.

I would be delight for the man if something along those lines happened.

• Advertisement

How about that control from Cazorla in the first half.

https://vine.co/v/MzP5EQtWDF1

HazDanz wrote: »
    He'll do something special once he is back fit to help us lift some sort of trophy.

I would be delight for the man if something along those lines happened.

I know people criticised Wenger's decision to stick with him but I think it shows the values Le Boss has.

Recently I was listening to a European football journalist (perhaps on the guardian podcast) and he was expressing shock at how Wenger is negatively perceived in the UK. He basically said that his character and standing are held in huge regard in the football world. Anyway the journalist in question said this would be a significant reason for players joining Arsenal and that players notice hugely the treatment of players like Rosicky and Diaby.

The man just has so much class.

Watching arteta and famini in the second half of the season

I think we should go out and buy the next big thing in CM and phase him in

Or try develop the wilshere/Ramsey axis more next year

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,428 ✭✭✭.jacksparrow.

It's ours lads...

Today must have been one of Mertesackers best appearances in an Arsenal shirt.
    Very close between himself and Koscienly as to who is the better defender nowadays.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,435 ✭✭✭wandatowell

Per Mert was a tackling demon today.

The commentator was spot on when he said one off the tackles was just like Tony Adams today.

I LOVE having a good defence.

so what will the pundits say this week?
    Are we still competing for 2 CL places with Liverpool and United?
    Or will there be a new story?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 52,428 ✭✭✭✭tayto lover

I would have given Mert the Man of the Match award too yet again.
    Didn't mind Oxo getting it though but Mert was immense.

I think the only reason the commentators don't give it to Mert is because they didn't rate him when he came and are too proud to eat humble pie.

• Registered Users Posts: 205 ✭✭king Henry 14

Irish Aris wrote: »
    so what will the pundits say this week?
    Are we still competing for 2 CL places with Liverpool and United?
    Or will there be a new story?

Who cares what those overpaid buffoons think. We'll keep winning and they'll keep wearing their blindfolds. When we lift the title they might wake up and smell the arsenal coffee.
    COYG.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,333 ✭✭✭bad2dabone

Mert was a beast today. a beast. I love the guy, love his passion for the club.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 35,514 ✭✭✭✭efb

bad2dabone wrote: »
    Mert was a beast today. a beast. I love the guy, love his passion for the club.

Same here

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 454 ✭✭TheCoolWay

The Ox was our deadline day signing, Jim White missed it!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,224 ✭✭✭✭Marty McFly

Poor old Bendtner seems to have gone viral for looking like he's up to something a bit shifty sitting on the bench.

https://vine.co/v/MzPwgXxuzmi

Poor old Bendtner seems to have gone viral for looking like he's up to something a bit shifty sitting on the bench.

I noticed it at the time alright :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,300 ✭✭✭HazDanz

I didn't think we needed a video to come to know what he is.

EDIT: A footballer.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 30,746 ✭✭✭✭Galvasean

Proof at last! :D

No doubt he will be a hypocrite just as he was with Big Sam last Wednesday and no doubt his friends in the press room wont have the guts to remind him.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,553 ✭✭✭Spanish Johnny

Glad we are over the window. Don't think it does any of us any good!

Nice win today and showed us glimpses of things to look forward too with Ox, a good back 4 and a great goalkeeping performance.

Looking back at the last few posts I see some excellent thought out posts on all aspects of tomorrows game but I must say I side with those looking for a Chelsea win. City are on a different level. 8 wins in a row and growing.

I said after their Bayern win that City would experience the confidence boost we got when we won there and Im sick to say they have. Chelsea will drop soft points, they wont. I actually fancy us to beat Chelsea in Stamford Bridge more than us too beat City at the Emirates.

Not popular but just my opinion.

Glad we are over the window. Don't think it does any of us any good!

Nice win today and showed us glimpses of things to look forward too with Ox, a good back 4 and a great goalkeeping performance.

Looking back at the last few posts I see some excellent thought out posts on all aspects of tomorrows game but I must say I side with those looking for a Chelsea win. City are on a different level. 8 wins in a row and growing.

I said after their Bayern win that City would experience the confidence boost we got when we won there and Im sick to say they have. Chelsea will drop soft points, they wont. I actually fancy us to beat Chelsea in Stamford Bridge more than us too beat City at the Emirates.

Not popular but just my opinion.

TBH in my opinion a situation where they both drop points would be just brilliant. A scrappy 0-0 draw with controversy, finger pointing and arguing in the aftermath causing both clubs to lose focus would be an ideal scenario

• Registered Users Posts: 1,553 ✭✭✭Spanish Johnny

TBH in my opinion a situation where they both drop points would be just brilliant. A scrappy 0-0 draw with controversy, finger pointing and arguing in the aftermath causing both clubs to lose focus would be an ideal scenario

Few red cards and lengthy suspensions would indeed be welcomed:)

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement