Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Arsenal Talk/Gossip/Rumours Thread 2013/14 mod warning post #5144

Comments

Few red cards and lengthy suspensions would indeed be welcomed:)

Thats it. Another battle of Manchester. Lengthy suspensions for key players as a result of a mass brawl taking place with even Mourinho and Pellegrini going completely loco and joining in :D

• Registered Users Posts: 1,553 ✭✭✭Spanish Johnny

Thats it. Another battle of Manchester. Lengthy suspensions for key players as a result of a mass brawl taking place with even Mourinho and Pellegrini going completely loco and joining in :D

All in! Must say I dislike everything about City but Pellegrini is the type of guy that would have fit with Arsenal in a different time. Think he is the only class act among the two things fighting it out tomorrow.

By the way Cazorla's recent form has been superb. It's not as obvious as last year but lately he has been excellent and his assist today was key. Loving seeing him play so well.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 9,425 ✭✭✭FearDark

I'd have to agree with you there, Pellegrini seems to be a class act.

All in! Must say I dislike everything about City but Pellegrini is the type of guy that would have fit with Arsenal in a different time. Think he is the only class act among the two things fighting it out tomorrow.

By the way Cazorla's recent form has been superb. It's not as obvious as last year but lately he has been excellent and his assist today was key. Loving seeing him play so well.
    FearDark wrote: »
    I'd have to agree with you there, Pellegrini seems to be a class act.

Agreed 100%. Another manager who could work the finest on a budget and tbf to him he isnt trying to break all sorts of transfer records at City. He bought his summer signings at a fairly decent price in my opinion.

Mancini just hadnt a clue what to do with the funds and fell out with all in sundry.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,435 ✭✭✭wandatowell

Ya Mancini has a history of falling out with his teams. Well I'm fairly sure thats what happened at Inter though I may be open to correction.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,481 ✭✭✭ronjo

I see Mourihno bitching about FFP.

I would prefer Chelsea to win this but if City do win, I hope they absolutely wipe the floor with Chelsea.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,128 ✭✭✭✭Oranage2

I'd rather in this order:

Draw
    Chelsea win
    City win

Being on top is the most important thing for me.

Oranage2 wrote: »

Draw
    Chelsea win
    City win

A couple of red cards would come in nicely too :D

• Registered Users Posts: 1,569 ✭✭✭Nemeses2050

Oranage2 wrote: »

Draw
    Chelsea win
    City win

+1

Defo Draw would be my 1st preference with probably Yaya toure getting injured for a 6-8 weeks (sorry not good wishing somebody to get injured, but for me he is beast)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,828 ✭✭✭gosplan

+1

Defo Draw would be my 1st preference with probably Yaya toure getting injured for a 6-8 weeks (sorry not good wishing somebody to get injured, but for me he is beast)

Small time wishes.

Terrorist attack at the stadium maybe? Remember that bit in the last batman where the ground opened and swallowed most of the players?

• Advertisement

gosplan wrote: »
    Small time wishes.

Terrorist attack at the stadium maybe? Remember that bit in the last batman where the ground opened and swallowed most of the players?

Ah dont be greedy.

How about a mass brawl including all players, subs and managers leading to a hefty points deduction for each team :D

Small time wishes.

Jeez that's a very small time wish...:D

or How about zombie's overtaking Man city like Raccoon city...;)

ronjo wrote: »
    Ah dont be greedy.

How about a mass brawl including all players, subs and managers leading to a hefty points deduction for each team :D

Pizzagate 2 + wrestling between Toure and JT, then Mourinho doing one of his cheeky eye poke's on Pellegrini...:D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,478 ✭✭✭✭gnfnrhead

I only want long term bans for everyone in both squads leaving both sides to play the under 18's for the run in :D

So what changes, if any for Saturday??

I would prefer Gibbs to Nacho.

Would also bring in Rosicky for Pod and move Santi over to the left.
    It would probably mean shoving Ox onto the right though.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,828 ✭✭✭gosplan

Would Wilshire be back?

I'd actually have less problems playing Pod vrs Liverpool than Palace.

No easy chances vrs a massively stacked palace defence. He might get one or two vrs pool though.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,333 ✭✭✭bad2dabone

I'd consider leaving things as they were for the weekend no?

Would Wilshire be back?

I'd actually have less problems playing Pod vrs Liverpool than Palace.

No easy chances vrs a massively stacked palace defence. He might get one or two vrs pool though.
    bad2dabone wrote: »
    I'd consider leaving things as they were for the weekend no?

Oh forgot about Jack. If fit I would put him in. He was controlling the games very well before the injuries.

Rosicky and Podolski off the bench if necessary. I think Pod offers more when coming on as sub.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,690 ✭✭✭✭Skylinehead

Wilshere has to play. Chamberlain played well yesterday, but he doesn't have the same influence in midfield. I'd play him on the right ahead of Gnabry though.

• Advertisement

I would rather Gibbs in myself too actually. Monreal makes me nervous defensively at times.

Imagine it will be Arteta and Jack in the middle but Ox has certainly staked a claim.

Rosicky is brilliant, sets the tempo and we look a lot more threatening with him.

I think we will look much more dangerous against Liverpool who will come out given their style. Think we can really show more in the attacking areas now against the bigger teams.

Mentioned it yesterday too but Cazorla has been in a real rich vein of form in terms of goals and assists since the Spurs game. We need players stepping up to the plate with Theo out in terms of goals/assists so hopefully he keeps it up.

Wilshere has to play. Chamberlain played well yesterday, but he doesn't have the same influence in midfield. I'd play him on the right ahead of Gnabry though.

Yes, that would be mine too alright.

Leaves us with Rosicky, Pod and Bendtner to come on if needed but hopefully Nacho when we are 2 nil up with a few minutes to go and want to rest Ozil or Cazorla :D

• Registered Users Posts: 205 ✭✭king Henry 14

A few nervy moments from monreal alright. But we get the same from gibbs so I don't think it's worth changing. Wilshere must come back in if fit probably at the expense of pod. If the ox can get a run of form going it will be a big boost with his pace and finishing. Roll on Saturday.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,205 ✭✭✭Gringo180

I'd have Gnabry on the left and Ox on the right, both Liverpool full backs don't inspire me with any confidence so it is an area of there team we can exploit with pace. I like Podolski but I just dont think he is a winger, he hasn't got the pace to take his man on and beat him in a 1 on 1.

Gringo180 wrote: »
    I'd have Gnabry on the left and Ox on the right, both Liverpool full backs don't inspire me with any confidence so it is an area of there team we can exploit with pace. I like Podolski but I just dont think he is a winger, he hasn't got the pace to take his man on and beat him in a 1 on 1.

That would mean dropping Cazorla or Ozil though.

I know its not a particularly strong Liverpool midfield but I wouldnt like going in there with Arteta, Cazorla and Ozil in the middle.

That would mean dropping Cazorla or Ozil though.

I know its not a particularly strong Liverpool midfield but I wouldnt like going in there with Arteta, Cazorla and Ozil in the middle.

True enough, maybe let Ozil/Cazorla inter change from the centre out to the left throughout the game and bring in Rosicky to the centre and put Ox or Gnabry out on the right. I wouldn't be starting Jack, we will need him over the next 2 months so the last thing we would want to do is rush him back and risk a set back in his recovery.

• Advertisement
  • Administrators, Computer Games Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 32,410 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Mickeroo

I think Jack has to start if he's fit, Ox showed he's a viable option yesterday but it was only Palace and it's too soon to tell just how good he is in the role. If Jack needs a rest then rest him for the FA cup match.

• Users Awaiting Email Confirmation Posts: 15,001 ✭✭✭✭Pepe LeFrits

I'd probably start Wilshere & Rosicky for this and leave Chamberlain and Podolski on the bench. We'll need to control the game in midfield to protect the defence from Suarez and the rest.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,819 ✭✭✭EuropeanSon

We have the best defence and arguably the best midfield in the league (City are the only side that can compare). The only Pool player I'd take in our first 11, even with our current injury list, is Suarez (Sturridge, while good, just wouldn't fit IMO as well as Giroud). We should go there and play them off the park, and I think we will.

I don't think it's a huge deal whether we go with
    Jack Arteta
    Chamberlain Ozil Santi
    Or
    Arteta Chamberlain
    Rosicky Ozil Santi
    Or
    Arteta Jack
    Rosicky Ozil Santi

Any of those permutations, or another with Gnabry or Pod somewhere, is more than capable of dealing with what they'll face. I'm excited about this one. COYG!

We have the best defence and arguably the best midfield in the league (City are the only side that can compare). The only Pool player I'd take in our first 11, even with our current injury list, is Suarez (Sturridge, while good, just wouldn't fit IMO as well as Giroud). We should go there and play them off the park, and I think we will.

Jack Arteta
    Chamberlain Ozil Santi
    Or
    Arteta Chamberlain
    Rosicky Ozil Santi
    Or
    Arteta Jack
    Rosicky Ozil Santi

Any of those permutations, or another with Gnabry or Pod somewhere, is more than capable of dealing with what they'll face. I'm excited about this one. COYG!

If Jack is 100% fit I would start him as he is best at controlling the tempo and probably play Ox on the right as he has done enough certainly to keep his place.
    Shows how good our midfield is considering we are missing two certain starters in Ramsey and Walcott.

Jack Arteta
    Chamberlain Ozil Santi
    Or
    Arteta Chamberlain
    Rosicky Ozil Santi
    Or
    Arteta Jack
    Rosicky Ozil Santi

Whilst I dont disagree with your analysis, but, if only football was that simple :D Were going to one of the toughest places in English football, Anfield. The crowd is like a 12th man there so I wont be taking this fixture for granted. We need to start the game much much better than we have for most of the season, get stuck into them right from the word go and move the ball around quicker. It really is a must win game for us, any thing else than 3 points will be a massive blow to our title credentials.

• Advertisement

Whilst I dont disagree with your analysis, but, if only football was that simple :D Were going to one of the toughest places in English football, Anfield. The crowd is like a 12th man there so I wont be taking this fixture for granted. We need to start the game much much better than we have for most of the season, get stuck into them right from the word go and move the ball around quicker. It really is a must win game for us, any thing else than 3 points will be a massive blow to our title credentials.

An now seriously......... The Emirates is as loud as Anfield.
    I agree with all the rest though.

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 4,664 Mod ✭✭✭✭Hyzepher

Getting the full backs supporting the attack is the key to the Liverpool game. We need to make sure that there attacking options outside their front 2 are limited - thats how we'll contain Suarez and Sturridge.

We also need to try and be a bit more direct in the final third. We wont get many chances and we need to maximise the time we have with the ball

First goal is crucial

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,276 ✭✭✭batistuta9

maybe yesterday when the palace fans were in

I couldn't disagree more. The atmosphere generated in Anfield is far greater than The Emirates, not only are the fans more vocal but a small stadium like theres would hold in more noise. :o

Anyway's lets not get dragged into that discussion we don't want to get invaded by them again :D

• Registered Users Posts: 5,756 ✭✭✭emergingstar

Think we will see

Arteta/wilshere
    Rosicky. Ozil. Cazorla

We cost afford the luxury of podolski in a big game, the ox cab feel hard done by

Gibbs gets the nod at LB too

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,428 ✭✭✭.jacksparrow.

I couldn't disagree more. The atmosphere generated in Anfield is far greater than The Emirates, not only are the fans more vocal but a small stadium like theres would hold in more noise. :o

Anyway's lets not get dragged into that discussion we don't want to get invaded by them again :D

It used to be, not so Much anymore.

I think they had a petition to try get the fans singing a while back.

Was it Arteta/Ramsey we used against Pool at the Emirates or Flamini/Ramsey does anyone recall? Sorry for being lazy now just working off the phone.

That defensive shield for Suarez and Sturridge is crucial here in helping Mert and Kos.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,690 ✭✭✭✭Skylinehead

Anfield is terrible these days, it's only the midweek European fixtures that get them goin...oh wait no.

Was it Arteta/Ramsey we used against Pool at the Emirates or Flamini/Ramsey does anyone recall? Sorry for being lazy now just working off the phone.

That defensive shield for Suarez and Sturridge is crucial here in helping Mert and Kos.

Ramsey Arteta
    Rosicky Ozil Santi
    Giroud

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,573 ✭✭✭2ndcoming

It was Arteta/Ramsey I'm nearly sure.

I'd rather see Gibbo back for the Liverpool match. Their full backs are septic and he is better than Nacho going forward and keeping wide for the overlap in my opinion. Good bit pacier.

• Advertisement
  • Users Awaiting Email Confirmation Posts: 15,001 ✭✭✭✭Pepe LeFrits

If he's fully fit I'm sure Gibbs will start, but the boss mentioned that he's been having a minor calf problem and he hasn't wanted to risk him yet.

Thanks lads.

That side totally bossed Liverpool. Really cut off the supply lines to the two up front.

Ramsey the big loss as he his tackling is very important and underrated.

Would ye like the same set up with Wilshere straight in Ramsey or is there anything to be said for Rosicky to play in Ramsey's position and bring in the Ox on the right?

Thanks lads.

That side totally bossed Liverpool. Really cut off the supply lines to the two up front.

Ramsey the big loss as he his tackling is very important and underrated.

Would ye like the same set up with Wilshere straight in Ramsey or is there anything to be said for Rosicky to play in Ramsey's position and bring in the Ox on the right?

Either could play there.

Rosicky plays at a faster pace and gets things moving very quickly while Jack I think runs things with more control.
    Based on the few weeks before his injury I think I would give Jack the nod.

Also, Rosicky is usually excellent off the bench.

Either could play there.

Rosicky plays at a faster pace and gets things moving very quickly while Jack I think runs things with more control.
    Based on the few weeks before his injury I think I would give Jack the nod.

Also, Rosicky is usually excellent off the bench.

Ya I would agree with all that. Hope Jack is fit enough to play some part. He is similar to Rosicky in the injection he gives the side so if we have one to start and one to come on then I think we are in a good position. I think we will win this one.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,435 ✭✭✭wandatowell

Just as long as Gerrard plays the 'pool will have a great chance.

Even in his changed role he looks so short of pace its funny.

He got ripped apart at our place and if he's up against our pacey midfield he'll get ripped apart again.

Edit: Just remembered Rambo is out :/

Chambo isnt match fit yet though. I thought his reading of the first goal was top notch.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 792 ✭✭✭Topbike77

Chris Hudson again

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ymirReTOoEs

What he says is so true

Chambo isnt match fit yet though. I thought his reading of the first goal was top notch.

Having mixed feelings on whether or not he should be CM next week. As you say he isn't match fit and I read on Arseblog today he gave the ball away 21 times yesterday. That's a lot. Can't afford that against Liverpool. But again to be fair that can be put down to rustiness and only coming back.

A nice problem to have.

As this game gets closer tonight I have mixed feelings. Would love to see Chelsea stuffed and Mourinho put in his place. Also admire Pellegrini.

That said I can't see many taking points off City so needs to be Chelsea.

Draw for me.

• Advertisement

As this game gets closer tonight I have mixed feelings. Would love to see Chelsea stuffed and Mourinho put in his place. Also admire Pellegrini.

That said I can't see many taking points off City so needs to be Chelsea.

Draw for me.

A nice juicy 0-0 draw is my no 1 hope and any other controversy is a bonus. :D

Id take a 10-10 draw also if needs be just so long as both drop 2 points.

Though if Moaninho got his arse handed to him on a plate that would put a smirk on this young mans face also :D

COYG!

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement