Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Arsenal Talk/Gossip/Rumours Thread 2013/14 mod warning post #5144

Comments

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 10,402 Mod ✭✭✭✭CatInABox

Rumours that we're looking at Yoann Gourcuff as a back-up if we can't seal the Draxler deal.

See here.

Yoann Gourcuff sizzle reel:

As always, pinch of salt required.

• Administrators, Computer Games Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 32,409 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Mickeroo

jonny666 wrote: »
    They seem to be looking for a new left back too. Richards isnt cutting it for them. Id be sickened seeing Sanga go to City. We should refuse to deal with them and sell him overseas. The days of us selling to rivals should be over

We can't refuse to deal with them, they'll be signing him for free in the summer if at all.

• Users Awaiting Email Confirmation Posts: 15,001 ✭✭✭✭Pepe LeFrits

CatInABox wrote: »
    Rumours that we're looking at Yoann Gourcuff as a back-up if we can't seal the Draxler deal.

See here.

Yoann Gourcuff sizzle reel:

As always, pinch of salt required.
    Maybe we'll also sign Frey, Kalou, Yaya and Trabelsi.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,276 ✭✭✭batistuta9

jonny666 wrote: »
    They seem to be looking for a new left back too. Richards isnt cutting it for them. Id be sickened seeing Sanga go to City. We should refuse to deal with them and sell him overseas. The days of us selling to rivals should be over

richards is a RB, who's actually been linked with arsenal a lot recently

yeah i'd agree with you, sell him overseas if ain't staying

Maybe we'll also sign Frey, Kalou, Yaya and Trabelsi.

Olivier Dacourt.....and Dirk Kuyt too. Don't forget Dirk :)

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 9,828 ✭✭✭gosplan

and swp, don't forget swp!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,662 ✭✭✭✭extra gravy

Nico Yennaris has joined Brentford on a permanent basis after being at Arsenal for 10 years.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,569 ✭✭✭Nemeses2050

Thought he was one for the future...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,435 ✭✭✭wandatowell

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 9,425 ✭✭✭FearDark

Thought it was common knowledge for the last 6/7 months.

• Advertisement

FearDark wrote: »
    Thought it was common knowledge for the last 6/7 months.

My bad, I should have used the sarcasm smiley.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,382 ✭✭✭✭greendom

Thought to be at worth €30 million a season for 5 years. I Thought the actual amounts were supposed to be announced today?

At least it gives us 5 months to get in shape for the skin tight jerseys!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,161 ✭✭✭Royale with Cheese

I'm sure Puma will be pleased to see a big Nike swoosh behind Gazidis and Wenger in that photo.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,747 ✭✭✭✭AdamD

The real question is; how reliable are Puma's zips? Are they top top quality?

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 9,425 ✭✭✭FearDark

Have to stop the nightly trips to McDonalds before they release the new jersey.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,711 ✭✭✭keano_afc

Just wanted to post in the new thread as I havent yet.

Carry on.

Just read that its Puma's biggest deal in their history too. Hopefully they'll put in a big effort and come up with some nice verities of our red shirts with white sleeves :D

Gazidis has confirmed that Arsene will sign a new contract in the Summer

• Registered Users Posts: 3,254 ✭✭✭shano_88

greendom wrote: »
    Gazidis has confirmed that Arsene will sign a new contract in the Summer

I read that quote too. I don't understand why there waiting for an "appropriate time" to announce it.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,478 ✭✭✭✭gnfnrhead

Any idea how long Wenger's deal is for?

Great news that he is sticking around. People really underestimate his importance when it comes to signing players. He is a massive attraction for a lot of players throughout Europe. Similar to how Ferguson was for United.

I think I read somewhere that even Arsene being able to speak with Ozil in German was a big factor in him deciding to join.

He's a great bit of stuff.

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 4,664 Mod ✭✭✭✭Hyzepher

The game tomorrow and the one against Crystal Palace at the weekend are beyond massive. Win both and any dropped points by City or Chelsea will give us a bit of a cushion on the tough run in we have.

The same can be said for the Sunderland, Stoke, Swansea matches that take place between Fainting February and March Madness.

Need to keep up the pressure when the opposition are the weaker teams.

It struck me that our first 2 goals on Friday involved 4 german players.

1st goal - Ozil assist for Podolski

2nd goal - Gnabry corner flicked on by Mertesacker headed home by Podolski.

Woudn't be surprised if we have more players from that country once Draxler is done (fingers crossed for both)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,431 ✭✭✭dvemail

Looks like this will be our home kit.

Be_s06fIMAAwS4S.jpg:large

And this our away.

Be_pNzGCMAA4f7x.jpg:large

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,752 ✭✭✭Mr Blobby

dvemail wrote: »

And this our away.

Be_pNzGCMAA4f7x.jpg:large

I love the away kit :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,431 ✭✭✭dvemail

Also good tweet here to show the rise in income from this deal.
    Quite drastic.

AB ‏@behnisch
    To illustrate #Arsenal’s financial jump from Nike to #Puma

Be_zmRTCYAA5qMH.png:large

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,207 ✭✭✭maximoose

Yep, no more burgers for a while.

There's no Feck*** way i'm gonna fit in those Skinnier than Skinny kits... No kebabs, No take-aways, No Indian for me.... :D

• Advertisement

The Home top looks great, not so sure about the away one though.

I like the away one, but it's a bit early to know if they are even close to being real.
    dvemail wrote: »
    Also good tweet here to show the rise in income from this deal.
    Quite drastic.

AB ‏@behnisch
    To illustrate #Arsenal’s financial jump from Nike to #Puma

Be_zmRTCYAA5qMH.png:large

That is massive. That money alone would cover big spending every summer if needed.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,224 ✭✭✭✭Marty McFly

Woudn't be surprised if we have more players from that country once Draxler is done (fingers crossed for both)

Wasn't Wenger quoted a few years ago saying that German football was were all the talent and youth would be coming from, just before he started signing them all up.

It's something he had planned and kept an eye on for some time.

Nike got a fantastic deal out of us. Thankfully we're getting paid properly now.

gnfnrhead wrote: »
    I like the away one, but it's a bit early to know if they are even close to being real.

That is massive. That money alone would cover big spending every summer if needed.

Or they could subsidise some tickets for fans instead of increasing the already ludicrous prices!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,813 ✭✭✭lertsnim

New jerseys look great. If they are skin tight as the pictures suggest then no point in me getting one. Not a fan of belly tops lol

• Advertisement

lertsnim wrote: »
    New jerseys look great. If they are skin tight as the pictures suggest then no point in me getting one. Not a fan of belly tops lol
    I wouldn't be surprised if they bring out a "supporter" and a different "team" version.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,428 ✭✭✭.jacksparrow.

Wenger puts Jose in his place.

A proven study that arsenal have had the least rest between games over the last year.

Shows Jose for what he is.

http://news.arseblog.com/2014/01/wenger-arsenal-get-less-rest-not-more/?utm_source=dlvr.it&utm_medium=facebook

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 52,408 ✭✭✭✭tayto lover

Wenger puts Jose in his place.

A proven study that arsenal have had the least rest between games over the last year.

Shows Jose for what he is.

http://news.arseblog.com/2014/01/wenger-arsenal-get-less-rest-not-more/?utm_source=dlvr.it&utm_medium=facebook

I don't think he should even bite.
    Just ignore the man.
    Never wrestle with a pig .......

• Registered Users Posts: 2,589 ✭✭✭Awesomeness

Well we wont have to worry how to spend the weekends with all those games coming up.

Nerves - Pints for game - Celebrations

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,747 ✭✭✭✭AdamD

Be03VNHIcAAe5GM.jpg

German paper the next day. Seems to be pretty popular over there now with the German interest in our team

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,224 ✭✭✭✭Marty McFly

Anyone speak German?

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 10,402 Mod ✭✭✭✭CatInABox

AdamD wrote: »
    Be03VNHIcAAe5GM.jpg

German paper the next day. Seems to be pretty popular over there now with the German interest in our team

The translation is "New tricks from the old magician", just in case anyone wanted it.*

*Shamelessly stolen from an article, my German is non-existent.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,361 ✭✭✭Boskowski

On the risk of getting lambasted over this. But why is everyone all out on spending THAT kind of money (Draxler) on a position where there is absolutely no shortage of quality players in the squad?

Its a center forward option thats needed I thought?

• Administrators, Computer Games Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 32,409 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Mickeroo

Boskowski wrote: »
    On the risk of getting lambasted over this. But why is everyone all out on spending THAT kind of money (Draxler) on a position where there is absolutely no shortage of quality players in the squad?

Same could have been said about Ozil, I trust Wenger's judgement.

TV schedule announced for some of our big games in March:

Sp*rs

Old date: Sat 15th Mar 15.00
    New date: Sun 16th Mar 16.00 (SKY)

Chelsea v Arsenal

Old date: Sat 22nd Mar 15.00
    New date: Sat 22nd Mar 12.45 (BT SPORT)

Arsenal v Man City

Old date: Sat 29th Mar 15.00
    New date: Sat 29th March 17.30 (SKY)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,589 ✭✭✭Awesomeness

Meant to turn him into a striker like henry and some knob that plays in manchester.

Wont be great ther straight away but could be excellent and not as if aguero or suarez are available

Mickeroo wrote: »
    Same could have been said about Ozil, I trust Wenger's judgement.

Nothing wrong with Wengers judgement, but if there is a segment of the squad that needs the least improvement its the attacking midfield/wing.
    In fact too may players there will create trouble as you end up with top players not getting a game eventually.
    He's probably not available right now (although everythings negotiable) but I'd be looking at Mandzukic instead. Tough as nails no frills finisher with a proven record. Thats exactly what Arsenal needs.

Nothing wrong with Wengers judgement, but if there is a segment of the squad that needs the least improvement its the attacking midfield/wing.
    In fact too may players there will create trouble as you end up with top players not getting a game eventually.
    He's probably not available right now (although everythings negotiable) but I'd be looking at Mandzukic instead. Tough as nails no frills finisher with a proven record. Thats exactly what Arsenal needs.

Big big fan of Mandzukic. A pure fox in the box. Strong as an ox and could probably link up well.

Big big fan of Mandzukic. A pure fox in the box. Strong as an ox and could probably link up well.

And Beckenbauer said just last week after MM showing discontent in training and not even in the squad for the away trip to Moenchengladbach 'I'd start packing my bags if I was him'.

There is only one player associated with that term in my mind. It's not one I'd be interested in (re-)signing either.

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement