Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Arsenal Talk/Gossip/Rumours Thread 2013/14 mod warning post #5144

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,553 ✭✭✭Spanish Johnny

We should take off Mertesacker now to preserve their defensive record:p

• Registered Users Posts: 205 ✭✭king Henry 14

Haven't being playing great lately but this is a shock. Lost for words really. I fear our season could blow up from here.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,128 ✭✭✭✭Oranage2

Well this is terrible!

• Registered Users Posts: 8,984 ✭✭✭Soups123

Ozil should be docked his wages

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 9,425 ✭✭✭FearDark

Soups123 wrote: »
    Ozil should be docked his wages

Lazy ****er playing the invisible man yet again.

• Advertisement

Why have we absolutely zero threat going forward against a teams 2nd choice back 4??

Why have we absolutely zero threat going forward against a teams 2nd choice back 4??

Because unfortunately today is a really big game and yet again our players have bottled it

Would it be worth trying out a few things at this stage. Bendtner and Giroud up front for the craic and see how we go!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,205 ✭✭✭Gringo180

Awful performance, anytime we have the ball we give it away or take a poor touch.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,478 ✭✭✭✭gnfnrhead

Dont have BT, but what the fcuk? Just seen the scoreline.

Liverpool great or are we shocking?

• Advertisement

Because unfortunately today is a really big game and yet again our players have bottled it

How many times have we seen this over the years when the chips are down :-( if we get one back before half time we have a chance i think.

What's happened this half isn't about ability, tactics or quality it is 100% mental

This team really are incapable of winning the really big games and Wenger just can't seem to correct it

We started bad and got punished. Might be a bit early to go the bottling route.

It's how we respond.

I'm getting a little sick now of excuses for Ozil though to be brutally honest.

What we need with our style of play is a nippy striker full of pace that can run in behind a defence, Giroud just doesnt offer this.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,216 ✭✭✭Looper007

gnfnrhead wrote: »
    Dont have BT, but what the fcuk? Just seen the scoreline.

Liverpool great or are we shocking?

We're shocking but Liverpool have played well.
    Ozil has been awful and the defence too, our midfield has been overrun.

The club should refund the fan's for that performance, shocking. It's clear we ain't a championship winning team.

Gringo180 wrote: »
    What we need with our style of play is a nippy striker full of pace that can run in behind a defence, Giroud just doesnt offer this.

Today has nothing to do with Giroud

Today has nothing to do with Giroud

Where did I say it did?? Do you not think with a pacey centre forward we would be much more of a threat going forward. For all our possession we have done fck all with it, have we even tested there keeper yet? Our build up play gets to a certain part of the pitch and then nothing because our movement up front is non existant.

I think this season has flattered us really, today we should have made a statement but we look like a Joke.

That second half will be fun.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,012 ✭✭✭✭Alfred Borden

Disgraceful tbh no other words for it, absolutely heartbroken at the relisation that this team is still a top 4 challenger and thats it, always thought it but didnt want to believe it. Lose to United and we will be celebrating our annual trophy of 4th place in may

• Administrators, Computer Games Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 32,410 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Mickeroo

Beat united, put Liverpool out if the cup next week and I'll forget about this horror show.

Still cant get my head around how bad this performance is though.

• Advertisement

Mickeroo wrote: »
    Beat united, put Liverpool out if the cup next week and I'll forget about this horror show.

Still cant get my head around how bad this performance is though.

Ya the opportunity for redemption presents itself in the next week. It's whether we can respond. That's the test now. Today is a write off.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,009 ✭✭✭kronsington

Speechless

Where did I say it did?? Do you not think with a pacey centre forward we would be much more of a threat going forward. For all our possession we have done fck all with it, have we even tested there keeper yet? Our build up play gets to a certain part of the pitch and then nothing because our movement up front is non existant.

Apologies thought you were referencing this game, but yes we would be better. Giroud isn't good enough.

A bigger worry is Wenger bowed to the pressure and spent big on Ozil and he has got progressively worse this season. Might make Arsene think twice this summer

Raf32 wrote: »
    Disgraceful tbh no other words for it, absolutely heartbroken at the relisation that this team is still a top 4 challenger and thats it, always thought it but didnt want to believe it. Lose to United and we will be celebrating our annual trophy of 4th place in may

Sadly I can't see it getting better from here. Liverpool have played us like a good thing. This has given are detractors the fuel.

• Administrators, Computer Games Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 32,410 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Mickeroo

I think that's more down to our inability to cross consistently or play that killer final ball than lack of a striker.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 396 ✭✭ironkiwi

We really can't cope with teams closing us down quickly, it happened against Southampton a few weeks ago and now today, we are attrocious when teams get in our faces. I'm one that has backed Ozil before today but I can't believe what I have saw so far today from him, it is an embarrasing display by him. He just crumbled under pressure for the third goal and threw the arms up at the ref. Next one he gives the ball away and has absolute no interest in tracking back?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,012 ✭✭✭✭Alfred Borden

Ozil off Rosicky on, someone who will show a bit of heart, fight and pride in the shirt.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,300 ✭✭✭HazDanz

It's one game. Terrible so far but still only 3 points.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 52,435 ✭✭✭✭tayto lover

I'm disappointed BUT i'm not shocked.
    I have seen this before several times.
    I always post that we should prepare properly for the opposition and then focus focus focus.
    Start the game in a positive fashion and continue to focus. Everyone should know their jobs inside out.

Several times this season we have seen this team start off poorly. Today we were made suffer for it.
    Players and manager to blame today.

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 9,425 ✭✭✭FearDark

We're always capable of getting a serious hiding. The 8-2 to United, the 6-3 to city... It's purely mental too. Can't perform away from home against big sides, the most we can ever hope for is a draw ffs. Gutted.

ironkiwi wrote: »
    We really can't cope with teams closing us down quickly, it happened against Southampton a few weeks ago and now today, we are attrocious when teams get in our faces. I'm one that has backed Ozil before today but I can't believe what I have saw so far today from him, it is an embarrasing display by him. He just crumbled under pressure for the third goal and threw the arms up at the ref. Next one he gives the ball away and has absolute no interest in tracking back?

I'd take him off, really has been woeful and get's lost in the big games. Yeah i'm surprised teams haven't done that a lot this season, we haven't a plan B. Get in our faces and you have the game won.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,139 ✭✭✭blingrhino

It will either be 5-0 or 4-4 depending oh the first 10 mins :rolleyes:

Mickeroo wrote: »
    I think that's more down to our inability to cross consistently or play that killer final ball than lack of a striker.

Look at when our playmakers like Ozil or Wilshere is trying to play a killer pass, Giroud keeps on coming forward for ball to feet instead of making a run in behind. Hes a target man not a centre forward.

Felt his attitude has been poor from the start actually. Never looked like he wanted to be away from Madrid as his comments reflected on the move.

You are correct about teams that press us intensely. Cannot cope.

Could do with some subs. Rosicky anyway.

blingrhino wrote: »
    It will either be 5-0 or 4-4 depending oh the first 10 mins :rolleyes:

That's looking on the extremely bright side

And 4-4 is just a dream

• Advertisement

Felt his attitude has been poor from the start actually. Never looked like he wanted to be away from Madrid as his comments reflected on the move.

I'd put Rockisy and Lukas on, just go for broke really. We can't play as bad as that in the 2nd half.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,243 ✭✭✭symbolic

Arsenal 80/1 to win...easy money.

• Moderators Posts: 8,726 ✭✭✭x PyRo

Where's Arshavin when you need him.

:(

Lads we aren't losing this because pool are pressing, too fast or tactically outsmarted we are losing this because mentally we just can't play these games

Looper007 wrote: »
    I'd put Rockisy and Lukas on, just go for broke really. We can't play as bad as that in the 2nd half.

If Wenger has the balls he should make changes now

• Advertisement

Oxlade Chamberlain should be reefed off too he has been absolutely awful today, at least Ozil has that class to pull something off out of nothing.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,750 ✭✭✭✭AdamD

Just home from work, is this some sort of sick joke?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 396 ✭✭ironkiwi

I agree with Ozil, I just didn't want to admit it, and before anyone tells me thats the type of player he okay I know he is lazy and he know he has moments of brilliance but show a bit of heart and passion, show you want to be here, Arsenal are paying his god damn wages so what I expect is for him to get up off his rear end when he loses the ball and please TRY and get it back!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 613 ✭✭✭Y2KBOS86

Season over.

Again.

They always dissapoint ous :(

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 4,664 Mod ✭✭✭✭Hyzepher

4-0, 1-0 makes no difference. A loss is a loss - and this one isn't lost just yet.

A kick in the arse, a reality check, whatever you want to call it. The aim now is to put in a good 2nd half and learn from this. Worse thing that could happen is if the team give up. Give up on this game is giving up on the title. Belief is what we need and a sense that this type of thing wont happen again.

Beat Utd on Wed and Liverpool revenge next week and we are still in this.

Next 45 will define our season

I agree with Ozil, I just didn't want to admit it, and before anyone tells me thats the type of player he okay I know he is lazy and he know he has moments of brilliance but show a bit of heart and passion, show you want to be here, Arsenal are paying his god damn wages so what I expect is for him to get up off his rear end when he loses the ball and please TRY and get it back!!

Jesus if I hear that again too!!

Agree with all you said.

Hyzepher wrote: »
    4-0, 1-0 makes no difference. A loss is a loss - and this one isn't lost just yet.

A kick in the arse, a reality check, whatever you want to call it. The aim now is to put in a good 2nd half and learn from this. Worse thing that could happen is if the team give up. Give up on this game is giving up on the title. Belief is what we need and a sense that this type of thing wont happen again.

Beat Utd on Wed and Liverpool revenge next week and we are still in this.

Next 45 will define our season

Agreed.

Wilshere breaking there and nobody up front making a run, mother of christ!!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,478 ✭✭✭✭gnfnrhead

Good thing about this (if we dont make a miracle come back) is it could push us on. We havent been great lately so this could be the wake up call we need. Alternatively we could end up having to fight to avoid being dragged into the fourth place battle. If we're close enough come May, I'll count this season as a good one. Anything less than third and it'll be a massive failure.

Lads we aren't losing this because pool are pressing, too fast or tactically outsmarted we are losing this because mentally we just can't play these games

As Paul Merson said, our season starts now. Its true and looking at it we're ****ing woeful.

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement