Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Arsenal Talk/Gossip/Rumours Thread 2013/14 mod warning post #5144

Comments

• Administrators, Computer Games Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 32,410 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Mickeroo

Y2KBOS86 wrote: »
    Season over.

Again.

They always dissapoint ous :(

Still playing for 3 trophies and well on course to finish top 3. Title unlikely but there's still time to make amends.

Disastrous result but season not over for a while yet at the very least.

Edit: and as I hit send they score 5th.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 613 ✭✭✭Y2KBOS86

Hyzepher wrote: »

Beat Utd on Wed and Liverpool revenge next week and we are still in this.

Next 45 will define our season

No chance of beating United or City and we will get bullied by Chelsea again.

Out of the champions league too, before a ball is even kicked.

They don't believe.

Our biggest problem is our attack, we have no pace or skill to hurt the big teams.

They don't fear ous.

They were afraid of Henry, Cesc, Pires.

Now who?

Maybe Theo and his pace, that's it.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,306 ✭✭✭sonic85

FearDark wrote: »
    We're always capable of getting a serious hiding. The 8-2 to United, the 6-3 to city... It's purely mental too. Can't perform away from home against big sides, the most we can ever hope for is a draw ffs. Gutted.

theres something seriously amiss when we continue to have games like the ones above. after the 8-2 against united I never expected to see us ship a large amount of goals again but it seems weve not learned our lesson.

8 goals 6 goals and now 5 so far. something is up

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,216 ✭✭✭Looper007

5-0 !!!!!

Jesus The Club need to refund the fans who are there.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,750 ✭✭✭✭AdamD

Have no faith in this lot turning up against a big team

• Registered Users Posts: 1,553 ✭✭✭Spanish Johnny

Could we please please have a couple of subs at least??

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,205 ✭✭✭Gringo180

How soft is this team, every time when the going gets tough we bottle it??? EMBARRASSING!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,431 ✭✭✭dvemail

Worst defensive performance I've ever seen from either Sagna or Monreal. May as well not be on the pitch.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,752 ✭✭✭Mr Blobby

Probably best if I avoid this place for a while... Otherwise i'll probably get banned for the things that i'll say :mad:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,183 ✭✭✭UnknownSpecies

Would also be calling for a refund to the fans there. This is beyond embarrassing. Players should also apologise. I'm with a Liverpool fan now, there's no amount of apologising the players could do to make up for the roasting I'm getting haha!

• Registered Users Posts: 8,984 ✭✭✭Soups123

Could we please please have a couple of subs at least??

No fcuk em let them suffer

Soups123 wrote: »
    No fcuk em let them suffer

And here comes 3 :)

Best to give Giroud a break anyway. Good call on Ozil too.

• Administrators, Computer Games Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 32,410 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Mickeroo

Podolski would play better off Giroud not in place of him. Not that it will make any difference now.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 9,425 ✭✭✭FearDark

How does a team at the top of the table concede 5 goals. Its a mental thing. Mentally weak. Pansies. Bottlers. Seen this year in year out for what nearly 9 years now. Pure embarrassing to watch.

Just cos we paid 40m for Ozil he shouldn't be immune from criticism. He's been bad for a while now. He's been shocking today. Looks like he couldn't give a **** out there.

• Advertisement

We only start playing when we're 5-0 down.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,536 ✭✭✭Dolph Starbeam

So tough to take, watched the first 20 minutes in a pub in Liverpool, I couldn't stay any longer. Its not the score that even hurts, it is the realization that this team just isn't good enough.

Hopefully they won't give up and they will bounce back with a big win over United in a few days time.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 52,435 ✭✭✭✭tayto lover

Far too many players way below the standard today.
    Three substitutions. Pity we couldn't replace more than 3.
    Monrael is very poor and Sagna worse. We really need a few fullbacks.

Once we come up agaisn't the bigger teams, we just don't look like scoring. It's really sad, what excuses will Wenger make.

I hate how we never have any players in the box.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,012 ✭✭✭✭Alfred Borden

PSG wanted Ozil in the summer, maybe could swap him for Cavani in the summer?

Just woke up after a bit of a seasion. This is still woozy drunk dreams?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,012 ✭✭✭✭Alfred Borden

100% missing this pen

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,435 ✭✭✭wandatowell

Raf32 wrote: »
    PSG wanted Ozil in the summer, maybe could swap him for Cavani in the summer?

Stupid, reactionary post imo.

Yes!!! one goal back.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,750 ✭✭✭✭AdamD

Wow omg Gerrard scumbag omg

Comeback on!

One Wilshire breaks forward no one is charging up with him. Crazy stuff.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,435 ✭✭✭wandatowell

So onto UTD on Wednesday

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,243 ✭✭✭symbolic

Looper007 wrote: »
    Once we come up agaisn't the bigger teams, we just don't look like scoring. It's really sad, what excuses will Wenger make.

But they beat Liverpool in November...?

• Advertisement

symbolic wrote: »
    But they beat Liverpool in November...?

Yet we are been slaughter 5-1 now by them. That's one game out of a few we played.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 13,018 ✭✭✭✭jank

Pressure is on now, at least the next two games are at home!

You know it's bad when the other team take off their best players. Shocking stuff

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,752 ✭✭✭Mr Blobby

While I understand people are angry... A lot of people need a bit of perspective.

Saying we lost this match because we aren't *Mentally strong* isn't really true.
    We are 25 games into the season and (still) are currently first. That alone shows we have the bottle to win games. We've already beaten Liverpool,BVB and countless others.

So where's the issue? ITS STARTING GAMES SLOW!
    For the past few matches we've been terrible in the opening 20mins. In the opening 20mins if we get pressed we seem to crumble... And thats exactly what Liverpool did today. They new are biggest weakness and exploited it.

Brendan Rodgers watched back our previous game with them and addressed the issue's... Wenger did not.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,536 ✭✭✭Dolph Starbeam

I'm really, really really not looking forward to the Bayern games. I can't see the team having any confidence at all by the time we play Spurs, Chelsea, City and Everton.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,819 ✭✭✭EuropeanSon

We've been utter ****e today. Fullbacks, Arteta, and Ozil the worst offenders.

Doesn't mean we're ****ed entirely, but I don't think the league is possible anymore.

Need to get back on track ASAP.

Mr Blobby wrote: »
    While I understand people are angry... A lot of people need a bit of perspective.

Saying we lost this match because we aren't *Mentally strong* isn't really true.
    We are 25 games into the season and (still) are currently first. That alone shows we have the bottle to win games. We've already beaten Liverpool,BVB and countless others.

For the past few matches we've been terrible in the opening 20mins. In the opening 20mins if we get pressed we seem to crumble... And thats exactly what Liverpool did today. They new are biggest weakness and exploited it.

Brendan Rodgers watched back our previous game with them and addressed the issue's... Wenger did not.

Let's hope he learns in the next week.

We've been utter ****e today. Fullbacks, Arteta, and Ozil the worst offenders.

Doesn't mean we're ****ed entirely, but I don't think the league is possible anymore.

Need to get back on track ASAP.
    Beat united Wednesday and it all different again

Mr Blobby wrote: »

Couldn't disagree more, it's mental and has been proven time and time again

• Advertisement

Soups123 wrote: »
    Beat united Wednesday and it all different again

Can't see us doing it sadly. This Liverpool team ain't no great shakes, yet they wipped the floor with us. Van persie. Rooney and Mata will destroy us. We never look like scoring agaisn't the bigger teams.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,397 ✭✭✭✭Turtyturd

AdamD wrote: »
    I really hope we thrash them on Saturday just to see the sheer amount of bitterness in a certain Liverpool fan's posts come back to bite him in the ass, again.

:pac::pac::pac::pac::pac::pac::pac::pac::pac:

:pac:

Top of the league!

still 5 points ahead of them. But how shocking was that, city 6-3, Utd 1-0 and now Liverpool 5-1, come one we just bottle it when it comes to away games with the top teams.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,511 ✭✭✭Heisenberg1

YES!! Arsenal are muck Ozil me Hole ha ha

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,791 ✭✭✭✭JPA

Can't see us doing it sadly. This Liverpool team ain't no great shakes, yet they wipped the floor with us. Van persie. Rooney and Mata will destroy us. We never look like scoring agaisn't the bigger teams.

Ya, they've been tearing teams apart lately...

• Advertisement

JPA wrote: »
    Ya, they've been tearing teams apart lately...

They've beaten us already so lets not get cocky.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,511 ✭✭✭Heisenberg1

They've beaten us already so lets not get cocky.

Sure it was going to be walk over today for Arsenal according to some in this thread pull the other one.

still 5 points ahead of them. But how shocking was that, city 6-3, Utd 1-0 and now Liverpool 5-1, come one we just bottle it when it comes to away games with the top teams.

Quite frankly our build up play is too slow and when we get mugged we are liable to be hit at speed with everyone caught up the field.

Sure it was going to be walk over today for Arsenal according to some in this thread pull the other one.

Liverpool at home are good, but we played right into their hands. They played well but we were shocking.

Turtyturd wrote: »
    :pac::pac::pac::pac::pac::pac::pac::pac::pac:
    :pac:

5pts clear, that's all

Typical pool fan can't even stay decent in victory

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement