Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Arsenal Talk/Gossip/Rumours Thread 2013/14 mod warning post #5144

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,205 ✭✭✭Gringo180

Genuinely upset after that result, a day that promised so much ends in utter deflation :(:(

Its so obvious that we are lacking a striker with some pace and a real killer instinct that can make runs in behind the oppositions defence. The amount of times we broke in there final third today with absolutely nobody in there 18 yard box was absolutely criminal :mad::mad:

• Registered Users Posts: 1,013 ✭✭✭aramush

Great signing you got there with Mesut Ozil. He really is a big game player :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,216 ✭✭✭Looper007

Quite frankly our build up play is too slow and when we get mugged we are liable to be hit at speed with everyone caught up the field.

Look at Wilshire powering up the field with the ball and no one supporting him. Like WTF!!!

It's clear we need a world class striker, nothing agaisn't Giroud but when it comes up agaisn't big teams he's lost in the shuffle.

Ozil needs time on the bench, he need to get his finger out and start showing why he's consider one of the best in the world.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,984 ✭✭✭Soups123

Why do so many asses feel the need to just be a dick

aramush wrote: »

WE ARE TOP OF LEAGUE

5PTS CLEAR OF YOU

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,205 ✭✭✭Gringo180

Should of went for Andy Carroll instead :o:o

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,216 ✭✭✭Looper007

Soups123 wrote: »

just trolling it up, I'm sure many decent Liverpool fans wouldn't be as cocky.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,511 ✭✭✭Heisenberg1

It's called banter :pac:

Looper007 wrote: »

Agreed they probably just went to there own thread

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,462 ✭✭✭✭WoollyRedHat

Liverpool fans can be smug as they want, but they'd want to not get too carried away. We'll stil be only 1 point behind City and this will give the team a massive wake up call, that it's do or die from on. Liverpool can be our Tottenham of last year. This will be our wake up call.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,553 ✭✭✭Spanish Johnny

Pure deflation. It's the fear about what comes next more than anything I think. There is no assessment of this match because we were terrible from the start.

Positives:

1. We are not that bad. No way. Just not. Came out cold. Not a good excuse but it happened.

2. Can only learn from this. If Liverpool did this again next week we would have no excuses. Chance now to prove a point and respond. Have to learn.

3. Don't think it can be as bad again all season.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,511 ✭✭✭Heisenberg1

Looper007 wrote: »

Relax there Jodie foster

I know ye're upset lads, its a big embarrassing defeat for Arsenal but just take it on the chin and move on.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,042 ✭✭✭✭L'prof

Hahahahaha, thankfully I missed that
    en route to the airport. Was getting score updates though and felt like driving into the barrier on the motorway!!!

I know ye're upset lads, its a big embarrassing defeat for Arsenal but just take it on the chin and move on.

Don't be a dick, embarresing yourself

It's called banter :pac:

It really isn't there is another word for it but I'd rather avoid a warning

Being a dick isn't banter

• Closed Accounts Posts: 88,972 ✭✭✭✭mike65

Arsenal fans are hilarious touchy, you were bigging this game up and it bit you on the arse (as was always likely under the rules of the game!) so now you have to take some ribbing. That's all.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,478 ✭✭✭✭gnfnrhead

Forget it and move on lads. A win on Wednesday and it'll be forgotten about. Just hope the players can get their act together in time.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 29,118 ✭✭✭✭Quazzie

Lads, don't feed the Liverpool trolls. This had been a big step for them in their battle for fourth. We've bigger things to worry about.

The biggest disappointment for new today was our midfield. Ozil looked uninterested, and worryingly it's not the first time this season I've thought that. We need a striker. Giroud is a forward but we need a striker. Someone to attack the back post, someone who is guaranteed to be ahead of our midfielders when they make a forward run. I lay count of the times or midfielders were in a attacking position only to see Giroud behind them. Putting in a cross is pointless because we know there is no one there to get their head on it.

Also I really don't understand at all why we defended so high with such a quick potent attack against us. Poorv tactics, or poor application, I'm not sure but it's definitely a problem.

• Advertisement

mike65 wrote: »
    Arsenal fans are hilarious touchy, you were bigging this game up and it bit you on the arse (as was always likely under the rules of the game!) so now you have to take some ribbing. That's all.

This game was big, it still was and we lost. If you read in here most fans have taken it for what it is.

Only thing worse than a sore loser is a poor winner and you guys have it in abundance same posters every time, you should learn from a few of other pool posters.

And remember you one today's battle we are winning the war

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,752 ✭✭✭Mr Blobby

I think most people are just annoyed at certain Pool supporters talking absolute nonsense when there still 5pts behind.

Wednesday really is the perfect chance to bounce back.

**** like today happens, the truth is in the bounce back. Wenger looked as bemused as the fans after the game

• Registered Users Posts: 6,333 ✭✭✭bad2dabone

think i'm gonna stay off the internet for a while, lick my wounds. lucky my phone is out of battery.

terrible beating we took there.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,224 ✭✭✭✭Marty McFly

Wont lie turned today's game off and went to the gym.

Embarrassing result and something sadly all to familiar with Arsenal when we loose we go all out and totally fcuk shiit up.

Horrendous kind of lost for words.

Mr Blobby wrote: »
    I think most people are just annoyed at certain Pool supporters talking absolute nonsense when there still 5pts behind.

The only thing I've seen is that Arsenal fans on here can dish it out but can't take it, regardless if Arsenal are 5 points ahead of Liverpool.

If you're referring to Ozil not being a big game player for Arsenal as "nonsense" then sadly, you're wrong.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,224 ✭✭✭✭Marty McFly

The only thing I've seen is that Arsenal fans on here can dish it out but sadly can't take it, regardless if Arsenal are 5 points ahead of Liverpool.

There shiite talk from both set of fans at times leave it in the match threads.

The only thing I've seen is that Arsenal fans on here can dish it out but sadly can't take it, regardless if Arsenal are 5 points ahead of Liverpool.

???

You musn't have spend much time in the match thread and the Wilshere/Gerrard fouls debate then. Bad hypocritical winners much worse than losers who are hurting and I don't see anyone being bitter about it?

What can't we take? Lads storming into the thread to tell a team 5 points above them how bad they were.

Bearing in mind ye had a similar result two weeks ago and then fell on yer faces against West Brom??

And have to come to the Emirates next week?

Strange.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 88,972 ✭✭✭✭mike65

Mr Blobby wrote: »

5 points, not that many is it? Not with 13 game still to go.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,756 ✭✭✭emergingstar

Bad performance bounce back on Wednesday everything will be ok

As far the Liverpool fans leave them have there fun. It all comes down to who finishes above who

It's plenty would rather be in our position than yours

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,608 ✭✭✭cathalio11

Some things didn't change after today.

In recent history, Arsenal have a better record in head-to-heads against Liverpool.
    In recent history, Arsenal have a better league record than Liverpool.

No you are correct but I would also pay heed to the trends that have defined the season. Arsenal have been very consistent and have responded well to setbacks.

Liverpool have had some amazing performances but plagued with inconsistency against opposition they should be beating.

I believe both will continue and I think supporters would be wise to heed the overall pattern.

Victory should be enjoyed for what it is not for the disappointment of others.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,071 ✭✭✭Milkers

It's plenty would rather be in our position than yours

In fairness I would still give Arsenal a better chance of hanging on for 4th than Liverpool.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,589 ✭✭✭Fr. Ned

Is this the start of the annual Arsenal collapse?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,038 ✭✭✭✭niallo27

No you are correct but I would also pay heed to the trends that have defined the season. Arsenal have been very consistent and have responded well to setbacks.

Liverpool have had some amazing performances but plagued with inconsistency against opposition they should be beating.

I believe both will continue and I think supporters would be wise to heed the overall pattern.

Victory should be enjoyed for what it is not for the disappointment of others.

In fairness a lot of arsenal fans were incredibly cocky and gave liverpool no respect. I don't mind arsenal so not going do much trolling as people call it.

Fr. Ned wrote: »

Is this Liverpools annual celebration of winning a game

Is this Liverpools annual celebration of winning a game

LOL, I'll take that as a yes so......

niallo27 wrote: »
    In fairness a lot of arsenal fans were incredibly cocky and gave liverpool no respect. I don't mind arsenal so not going do much trolling as people call it.

In fairness you offered opinion and discussion the dicks in here today are here for different reasons

• Registered Users Posts: 1,608 ✭✭✭cathalio11

Did it happen last year?

• Administrators, Computer Games Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 32,410 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Mickeroo

Do point out where the "annual" collapse happened in the 2 previous seasons won't you. I can handle a ribbing no problem but I won't stand for folks making stuff up :)

• Advertisement

Mickeroo wrote: »
    Do point out where the "annual" collapse happened in the 2 previous seasons won't you. I can handle a ribbing no problem but I won't stand for folks making stuff up :)

Ah, maybe it just seems that way every year.

We'll see how the next few weeks pan out...

What annual collapse? If you knew what you were talking about you would know Arsenal have had an excellent second half of the season record for the last few seasons. Starting well was the issue.

But knowledge and informed comments would ruin the hilarity of your post!

Must try harder.

niallo27 wrote: »

I have been reading this thread all week and the general feeling was if we won the midfield battle like we did at the Emirates we would win.

I read the exact same thing in the Liverpool thread.

I did not see any lack of respect. We are not stupid in here, we merely felt we had a good chance and might squeeze it.

Can't turn that around into mass disrespect to be fair.

But knowledge and informed comments would ruin the hilarity of your post!

I know, but it's just too easy.......

It's just a bit of banter lads, relax......

• Registered Users Posts: 712 ✭✭✭SweepTheLeg

I am upset

It's trolling

Big shoutout to the new posters here.

Well done. We played awfully.

Now, back to your hunt for fourth place.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 13,018 ✭✭✭✭jank

Who exactly was bigging the game up because I did not see any of that here. Pool fans as always graceless in victory, need I remind you yourself how you didn't pay up on a bet you made a years back, a bet you lost and where I paid put all the proceeds to charity (not my fault you were cheap)… stones and glasshouses comes to mind.

It's trolling

See ya.......

• Advertisement
  • Administrators, Computer Games Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 32,410 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Mickeroo

I'm not taking it personally don't worry, it's only a bit of craic, but if you really want to piss us off just do a bit of research the next time :P

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement