Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Arsenal Talk/Gossip/Rumours Thread 2013/14 mod warning post #5144

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,224 ✭✭✭✭Marty McFly

Wojciech Szczesny

That was f....ing embarrasing!
    Apologies to anyone who sat through 90mins of that game.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 13,018 ✭✭✭✭jank

It's trolling
    No, its banter apparently... Its just a cock waving exercise for them. Of course if Liverpool had a similar results and all these 'new' posters start appearing on their beloved thread then you would hear all about it. Precious lot those guys the world over. Liverpool won, Arsenal were rubbish and it was fair and square. Take the win with even a tad of grace and humility, other fans may then change their attitude towards the Liverpool stereo type.

• Registered Users Posts: 406 ✭✭Yurt

Big shoutout to the new posters here.

Well done. We played awfully.

Now, back to your hunt for fourth place.

After the run of fixtures you lot have coming up you might well be in that hunt aswel..

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,012 ✭✭✭✭Alfred Borden

Liverpool fans are the only ones who can be sour in victory, sums them up perfectly.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,336 ✭✭✭Mr.Micro

We can roll over now for man utd, City and Chelsea, and whoever. We will be lucky to be fighting for 4th place.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 26,458 ✭✭✭✭gandalf

Tbh the majority of Liverpool fans I know in the real world are decent guys who really know their football. I definitely wouldn't let a few agitators colour my view of the decent fans I know.

Mr.Micro wrote: »
    We can roll over now for man utd, City and Chelsea, and whoever. We will be lucky to be fighting for 4th place.

FCUK SAKE moronic reactionary post.

If we lose to united are we not in a top 4 battle then though?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,553 ✭✭✭Spanish Johnny

Raf32 wrote: »

Depends on other results I guess. I'd like to view it as 4 teams in the running for the title as Liverpool will only be 2 points behind us and we may be hanging on to a title dream.

No be another poor result, but ill put money on we will still finish top 3 and certainly wont be lucky to finish in the top 4.

One poor result and nevermind the Liverpool trolling fans we have some of our own so called fans saying we will be lucky to finish top 4.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,756 ✭✭✭emergingstar

Do posters here do into other threads trolling when we win

Geniunie question.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 43,311 ✭✭✭✭K-9

Liverpool fans are the only ones who can be sour in victory, sums them up perfectly.

:eek: There's a few Arsenal ones that would be doing a good pool fan impression if ye'd won!

It's these dim generalisations about fan bases that just aren't very bright. I'm sure United and City fans were very classy after their huge wins, nope, many of them weren't.

In fairness I don't think many Liverpool fans fancied Coutinho playing instead of Allen today, but that midfield is lethal when it clicks. Both Everton and Arsenal got annihilated by them, and neither side seen it coming.

Anyway, Spurs, City and Chelsea to come to Anfield yet, I'm sure ye'll be shouting for us then.

Mad Men's Don Draper : What you call love was invented by guys like me, to sell nylons.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,477 ✭✭✭✭Knex*

Dunno what some of ye are getting so worked up about. Ye're top of the league and 5 points ahead of us. Individual result can't change that.

Labeling all of the Liverpool fans who post in this forum the same way is ridiculous, however.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,399 ✭✭✭✭ThunbergsAreGo

Its three points at the end of the day in one of your more difficult games of the season. 5-1 or 2-1 would have led to the same points. With City scoring so freely goal difference wasnt going to come into it.

Win the next two games and all will be forgotton.

Think the loss of Walcott has been a massive blow for ye, on form hes a great weapon and an excellent outlet

• Administrators, Computer Games Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 32,410 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Mickeroo

K-9 wrote: »
    Anyway, Spurs, City and Chelsea to come to Anfield yet, I'm sure ye'll be shouting for us then.

City and Chelsea, absolutely, but not for the Spurs match I won't, Liverpool a much bigger threat than them at the moment.

Geniunie question.

I've always wondered that myself
    :eek: There's a few Arsenal ones that would be doing a good pool fan impression if ye'd won!

It's these dim generalisations about fan bases that just aren't very bright. I'm sure United and City fans were very classy after their huge wins, nope, many of them weren't.

In fairness I don't think many Liverpool fans fancied Coutinho playing instead of Allen today, but that midfield is lethal when it clicks. Both Everton and Arsenal got annihilated by them, and neither side seen it coming.

United and City fans really weren't though that's the difference.

There are some good Liverpool posters but sadly a lot of the terrible ones decide to post in here.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,984 ✭✭✭Soups123

Geniunie question.

Nope but I'll make an exception in the future

• Registered Users Posts: 17,022 ✭✭✭✭Iused2likebusts

Great win and performance for liverpool today.You lot just got caught cold in the first 20 mins as tends to happen to a lot of teams at anfield this season. I still dont see us (liverpool) being in the title race and hope yous go on and win it as your club has done things properly. Really hope yous bounce back on wednesday and think you will as it was good to see a good few of the players applaud/apologise to the fans. The extra days rest you have over Utd should give you a bit of an edge over them. Top 4 for liverpool would be massive and give us a chance to get back competing for trophies.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,038 ✭✭✭✭niallo27

Yes but it was probably arsenal 2nd biggest test of the season so far today and they let in 5 for the second time. That has to be worrying for any arsenal fan. I don't think they are good enough to win the league.

niallo27 wrote: »
    Yes but it was probably arsenal 2nd biggest test of the season so far today and they let in 5 for the second time. That has to be worrying for any arsenal fan. I don't think they are good enough to win the league.

2nd biggest test? I'm curious.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,756 ✭✭✭emergingstar

Soups123 wrote: »
    Nope but I'll make an exception in the future

I always wondered do we cause every time we loose a game there fans fill up this thread with "banter"

Now is some of us were over there giving it big ones I would say fair enough

But if they just do it for no reason I'm thinking fcuking plebs

2nd biggest test? I'm curious.

City away biggest test. 4 placed side away 2nd biggest test in my opinion. This is league I'm talking about. Maybe Chelsea at home might be 2nd.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 43,311 ✭✭✭✭K-9

That wouldn't be my recollection, think ye got loads of ribbing from them, and a few Arsenal fans didn't take that very well either. So I'm noting a common denominator there, and it isn't Liverpool fans.

I know a few pool fans I don't watch matches with or stay as far away from in the pub as I can though!

Mad Men's Don Draper : What you call love was invented by guys like me, to sell nylons.

There are some good Liverpool posters but sadly a lot of the terrible ones decide to post in here.

Same as. I post in other forums sometimes about different things but i have zero interest in going in after beating a team and trolling people I don't know.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,336 ✭✭✭Mr.Micro

Really? We lost to to the big teams this season, with a draw to Chelsea. So we have to play the big three still. Do the maths.

City away biggest test. 4 placed side away 2nd biggest test in my opinion. This is league I'm talking about. Maybe Chelsea at home might be 2nd.

Your wrong. We floundered today no denying that but certainly not the 2nd biggest test imo.

How we react during the week against United will tell a lot of coarse fans and media are going to go into overdrive now for a few days as they always do.
    That wouldn't be my recollection, think ye got loads of ribbing from them, and a few Arsenal fans didn't take that very well either. So I'm noting a common denominator there, and it isn't Liverpool fans.

I know a few pool fans I don't watch matches with or stay as far away from in the pub as I can though!

As someone who has posted in the Arsenal thread for years I can say undoubtedly Liverpool fans have been the worst offenders. Chelsea and City fans have always been grand get one or two United fans but Liverpool for some reason do tend to be the worst offenders.

That's not to say there aren't some good Liverpool posters.

• Administrators, Computer Games Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 32,410 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Mickeroo

Don't mean to burst the bubble but even if united were in a relegation battle I'd see old trafford as a bigger test regardless due to the record they have against us. Probably Chelsea at home too.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,213 ✭✭✭shamrock55

Soups123 wrote: »
    It's plenty would rather be in our position than yours

Not with your run in i wouldnt;)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,819 ✭✭✭EuropeanSon

Mickeroo wrote: »
    Don't mean to burst the bubble but even if united were in a relegation battle I'd see old trafford as a bigger test regardless due to the record they have against us. Probably Chelsea at home too.

Also Dortmund, y'know, the second best team in Europe last year, away from home. Which we won.

• Advertisement

Mickeroo wrote: »

It was 5-1. How could you burst my bubble. If you think old trafford is a tougher place to go this season than anfield that's fair enough.

Also Dortmund, y'know, the second best team in Europe last year, away from home. Which we won.

I said league.

Sure don't ya know that doesn't count as a test because it wasn't in the EPL :cool:.

Even though in my opinion they were probably the two toughest games we have had this season so far.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,750 ✭✭✭✭AdamD

Turtyturd wrote: »
    :pac::pac::pac::pac::pac::pac::pac::pac::pac:

:pac:
    You win this round

Not sure what the other lads are at though, don't recall any Arsenal fans running around the Pool thread after the 2-0 earlier in the season.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,819 ✭✭✭EuropeanSon

I said league.

No, you didn't, not initially. And why would it matter which competition it was in?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 15,116 ✭✭✭✭RasTa

It was 5-1. How could you burst my bubble. If you think old trafford is a tougher place to go this season than anfield that's fair enough.

What's your point, you lost to them away. You also lost to City and Chelsea

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,431 ✭✭✭dvemail

I think what annoys people the most is that we just don't turn up against the bigger teams.
    Poor against Utd, City, Chelsea and again today. Just when we start to get a good feeling about our team they just arse about in these types of matches.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,397 ✭✭✭✭Turtyturd

AdamD wrote: »
    You win this round

Not sure what the other lads are at though, don't recall any Arsenal fans running around the Pool thread after the 2-0 earlier in the season.

1 a piece...next week can be the decider but we can both pretend we don't care if we lose cos it's only th FA cup. ;)

I wouldn't say Old Trafford has been a tougher place overall for other teams, but for arsenal it's been a problem for years.

lads, fcuk the negativity and i know i was being very negative earlier on, still within a point off top, beat united on wednesday, knock the scousers out on sunday, im off to watch Fever Pitch for the first time!

RasTa wrote: »
    What's your point, you lost to them away. You also lost to City and Chelsea

Liverpool aren't in a title fight. Arsenal are.

• Advertisement

lads, fcuk the negativity and i know i was being very negative earlier on, still within a point off top, beat united on wednesday, knock the scousers out on sunday, im off to watch Fever Pitch for the first time!

Brilliant film :), you'll forget about todays result fairly quick watching that.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,071 ✭✭✭Milkers

Big shoutout to the new posters here.

Well done. We played awfully.

Now, back to your hunt for fourth place.

This coming from an Arsenal fan??? :pac::pac::pac:

Milkers wrote: »
    This coming from an Arsenal fan??? :pac::pac::pac:

Hunting for it is not the same as owning it young padawan. :pac:

G'wan Norwich, out of the title race my hole.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,431 ✭✭✭dvemail

Ok so City draw away to Norwich.
    We're still 2nd and only by a point.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,752 ✭✭✭Mr Blobby

dvemail wrote: »
    Ok so City draw away to Norwich.
    We're still 2nd and only by a point.

Thats a huge boost!!
    Makes the game against Utd critical.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,828 ✭✭✭gosplan

dvemail wrote: »
    I think what annoys people the most is that we just don't turn up against the bigger teams.
    Poor against Utd, City, Chelsea and again today. Just when we start to get a good feeling about our team they just arse about in these types of matches.

I get what you're saying but I think this was different.

Close to halftime in the city game we had pulled a goal back and were looking good.

Against Utd we hit the post when it would have drawn us level.

We strolled to a victory against pool first time.

Today we went 4 down in 20 mins. That's back to the Newcastle type of period in a game. It's less to do with the opposition and more to do with us just stopping thinking for a while.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 15,116 ✭✭✭✭RasTa

Might be too raw but what are your thoughts on Ozil so far? I haven't watched every Arsenal game but in the big ones he has gone missing.

Mr Blobby wrote: »
    Thats a huge boost!!
    Makes the game against Utd critical.

Yep. Only pity now is the manner of defeat and the dent to confidence.

Maybe this City result will ignite them again.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 52,435 ✭✭✭✭tayto lover

After a result like that its easy to feel devastated lads.

Why can we not perform against a Top 4 side at their place?
    WE learned nothing at all from the defeats at City and United.
    We didn't look to be at the races from the start again today.
    Is it a mental block or do we just not prepare psychologically for these games?
    What the fcuk do they do in training or in their pre-match talk?
    Some of our players today looked as if they wouldn't cope in the League of Ireland.
    11 goals conceded in two away games :mad:
    That is just not good enough.

It will take a major effort to get those lads ready for United on Wednesday.
    That game is our seasonal decider. A defeat and we are on a very slippy slope.

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement