Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Arsenal Talk/Gossip/Rumours Thread 2013/14 mod warning post #5144

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,224 ✭✭✭✭Marty McFly

niallo27 wrote: »
    That was a probably an Arsenal fan. Why are arsenal so upset about a few Liverpool fans. What you expect after that result.

Some class would be nice ;).
    Arteta/Ramsey is out best partnership

I'm starting to think arteta is finished, when Ramsey is not there to do his running he looks well off the pace

It's an area of the field we need to strengthen in the summer I feel

I prefer Flamini to Arteta myself does the dirty work better and also a real leader on the pitch.

But yea I wouldn't say no to someone coming in maybe another bid for Bender or something.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,756 ✭✭✭emergingstar

Some class would be nice ;).

I prefer Flamini to Arteta myself does the dirty work better and also a real leader on the pitch.

But yea I wouldn't say no to someone coming in maybe another bid for Bender or something.

I like arteta/Ramsey

And famini/wilshere

Don't think any other combo works, so bringing someone in should be up there with getting a striker

The lack of fight in these tough away games really annoys me and is a big part of the problem.
    Rather than get stuck in and battle some of our players choose to hide.

I have seen us lose plenty of games over the years but we usually fought for the honour of the club and the jersey.
    That seems to be the exception rather than the rule when we play away to the big clubs now.

Could you imagine Keown, Storey, Graham, Adams, Bould or Bergkamp being prepared to hide rather than fight to get back into a game.
    Lack of backbone is a big part of the problem.
    Its no good being a nice clever and stylish footballer if you're not prepared to get stuck in. We need a few hard men.

I can remember Robbie Fowler scoring a hattick within 5 mins against us back in 1994. In fact Liverpool had an unreal record on us between 1994 and 2000 and even at Anfield in 00/01 they stuffed us 4-0. We then had 3 wins in a row against Liverpool at Anfield from 01/02 to 03/04. We lost to a Mellor screamer in 2004 but apart from the league in 2007 and the champions league in 2008 we have had a decent record there in recent times. Days like these happen. The lack of urgency has been a real annoying trait of our football for a while. Time Arsenal put some muscle and intensity into their play.

http://www.soccerbase.com/teams/head_to_head.sd?team_id=142&team2_id=1563

• Registered Users Posts: 3,487 ✭✭✭ronjo

dvemail wrote: »
    It's all the tackles Ramsey makes as well that helped make up for Artetas faults. Such a shame we don't have him kicking about for this stretch were on.
    Definitely a new DM is needed in the summer. Arteta should be used more on a part time basis alá Rosicky to get the most out of him.

His energy really is missing.
    Anyone know a realistic date for his return?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,431 ✭✭✭dvemail

ronjo wrote: »
    His energy really is missing.
    Anyone know a realistic date for his return?

At least another 4 weeks.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 613 ✭✭✭Y2KBOS86

Arteta/Ramsey is out best partnership

I'm starting to think arteta is finished, when Ramsey is not there to do his running he looks well off the pace

It's an area of the field we need to strengthen in the summer I feel

Would be great to get Cesc back.

Not sure how Cesc and Ramsey would work.

Hope we go for Dortmund's Pierre Aubameyan, he is young Thierry quick.

Challenged Usain not long ago.

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/sport/othersports/athletics/10523142/German-sprint-champion-Julian-Reus-challenges-Borussia-Dortmunds-Pierre-Emerick-Aubameyang-to-100m-race.html

At least another 4 weeks.

Don't worry we have kalstorm

No wait..............

Don't worry we have kalstorm

No wait..............

What a fückin pigs mickey we made of the January window. Pure joke. :mad:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,216 ✭✭✭Looper007

after a few hours of taking it all in, we deserved to get beat and to be honest it was coming, we've been off the boil for a few weeks now. It was a disgraceful performance from all involved. I won't pick one player out for criticism.

the worrying thing for me is we do not look like scoring when we play agaisn't the big teams, it's in those games the lack of a creative world class striker Is sadly more evident. Not Giroud's fault at all, I've been happy to say he's won me over after I was critical of him. But if our midfield ain't getting the ball to him, he look's totally lost. The top teams have kept him quiet. Suarez even though he didn't score made chances for himself, we don't have that kind of player.

Do I think we beat Utd? honestly no, I can see them picking us off.
    The F.A Cup match with Liverpool, is us going out and getting our revenge. I think we can beat them at the Emirates.
    Munich game I seriously worry for us. If we played like today they will slaughter us.

The next three games will either make us or break us. I hope they prove me wrong but our performances agaisn't top teams this year has been woeful.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,325 ✭✭✭smileyj1987

All I can say is fair play to the arsenal fans who have posted in the LFC thread .

• Advertisement

Without getting overly carried away with todays poor performance.
    Can anyone remember the last time we actually played good football for a full 90 minutes?
    Liverpool at home maybe?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 52,445 ✭✭✭✭tayto lover

What a fückin pigs mickey we made of the January window. Pure joke. :mad:

But we have a very healthy bank balance.
    That's far more important.

Without getting overly carried away with todays poor performance.
    Can anyone remember the last time we actually played good football for a full 90 minutes?
    Liverpool at home maybe?

Cardiff away game was the last time we actually played top quality football.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,012 ✭✭✭✭Alfred Borden

Tottenham at home in the cup, thought we were electric. Funnily enough came with Walcott up top.

Raf32 wrote: »
    Tottenham at home in the cup, thought we were electric. Funnily enough came with Walcott up top.

Losing Theo has made us so one dimensional it's not even funny.

Loving the Theo love! How far he's xone along. Not too long ago people were writing him off, talking about selling him, cashing in as he wasn't going to make it. Much like Rambo.

Must remember this when dealing with the Ozil, Cazorla et al criticisers.

They played right into our hands though, they were easy pickings that day. I think Sherwood was doing us a favour :pac:.

When's the last time we went out and battered a Top team like City and Liverpool did to us.

The lack of pace is really scary, Theo's pace frightened teams without him we look slow and avoid of a plan B in the big games. I'm surprised many other teams haven't done what Liverpool and Chelsea (even though we drew) just close us down and you beat us.

Wednesday will define our season for sure.
    We'll either battle our way back into it or allow Chelsea to open a gap.
    It will be a big test of Wenger's tactics.
    I think we can beat United by by God we will have to focus from the very start.
    People need to stand up and be counted now.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,952 ✭✭✭Morzadec

That was a big problem today for Arsenal - a lack of a different type of attacking option. Walcott provided that direct, pacy option.

Definitely a big loss

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,369 ✭✭✭the incredible pudding

You've played over half your games without him and I think you've a pretty similar record. He's a loss absolutely but I don't think his presence would have helped too much today. It was a bit of a freak 20 minutes.

As a pool fan i sincerely hope that you bounce back from this and mount and continue to mount a good challenge for the title. Arsenal have always been a club i've respected and there's no doubt in my mind who i'd like to see win this year (well disregarding the delusional hopes and dreams anyway!). So pick yourselves up, dust yourselves off and prepare to dish out some more misery on a certain team on Wednesday :)

Away from home to city and Liverpool who play 2 up too and we still let our full backs bomb forward

After the City shellacking we had a relatively toothless performance against Chelsea before going on that great run.
    Can't afford that though on Wednesday.

I agree this is a massive test for Wenger.

Pretty much this, we need a big result against a still potent Utd Team, they have Van Persie, Rooney and Mata, what we would do for that forward line like that right now. They are Champions so lets give them some respect. It won't be easy but it's our time to stand up and show we ain't bottlers.

We need from the first second to get in their faces and play. I make sure we start with Rocisky, he will run non stop. Ozil needs to stand up and be counted. I'm not confident going by our past games this season with top teams but hopefully they prove me wrong.

You've played over half your games without him and I think you've a pretty similar record. He's a loss absolutely but I don't think his presence would have helped too much today. It was a bit of a freak 20 minutes.

As a pool fan i sincerely hope that you bounce back from this and mount and continue to mount a good challenge for the title. Arsenal have always been a club i've respected and there's no doubt in my mind who i'd like to see win this year (well disregarding the delusional hopes and dreams anyway!). So pick yourselves up, dust yourselves off and prepare to dish out some more misery on a certain team on Wednesday :)

Mad as this may sound but if we lost by a late goal it might of knocked the stuffing out of us

But I think the players can put today down to a freak result and we will bounce back on Wednesday

After the City shellacking we had a relatively toothless performance against Chelsea before going on that great run.
    Can't afford that though on Wednesday.

I agree this is a massive test for Wenger.

Can see us playing the same sort of game actually

Mad as this may sound but if we lost by a late goal it might of knocked the stuffing out of us

But I think the players can put today down to a freak result and we will bounce back on Wednesday

Agree with this.
    Even as a fan I think I would be far more upset tonight if that had happened.

Yeah, he wouldn't have made much of a difference today.
    Just in general though, when he isn't playing our passing has to be spot on to create chances. With Theo on the pitch any old ball over the top and he's on it or near it. Gives us something different to work with.
    Great for counter attacking football.

Can see us playing the same sort of game actually

This was a humiliation though so I hope there is a big response from the players.
    The ref game us nothing at City... Can have absolutely no excuses today.

• Advertisement

This was a humiliation though so I hope there is a big response from the players.
    The ref game us nothing at City... Can have absolutely no excuses today.

We will play really defensive Wednesday I think maybe open up in the last quarter

Liverpool were sensational for 20 mins and tore us a new one, no excuses bet out the gate and deservedly so

We have taken 5 points from 5 games against the Top teams this season.
    Our next 3 games are at home so we have the chance to get back into the winning groove.
    Its in our own hands.
    Will we get a response?
    Man Utd., Liverpool and Bayern Munich lie in waiting.

We will play really defensive Wednesday I think maybe open up in the last quarter

Liverpool were sensational for 20 mins and tore us a new one, no excuses bet out the gate and deservedly so

Have we got the players to play defensively?

Jack can sit deeper I guess. United will be quite happy to let us have the ball as usual.

We have taken 5 points from 5 games against the Top teams this season.
    Our next 3 games are at home so we have the chance to get back into the winning groove.
    Its in our own hands.
    Will we get a response?
    Man Utd., Liverpool and Bayern Munich lie in waiting.

Utd and Liverpool we can and I expect a response

Munich I'm not so sure :)

And to add.. Thank fcuk it's not Fergie we are facing.

Have we got the players to play defensively?

Jack can sit deeper I guess. United will be quite happy to let us have the ball as usual.

More like the Chelsea game we won't overcommit, rather keep our shape

• Advertisement

Hope Gibbs starts Wednesday along with Rosicky. Have Ozil as a super sub if needed.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,572 ✭✭✭TheGunns

Echoing the Gibbs to start, thought he would today but didn't and I couldn't help but feel that Monreal was absolutely awful as he has been for the last few games. Not that the rest weren't bad, Sagna got badly caught once if not more, but Gibbs is a far better player IMO.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,038 ✭✭✭✭niallo27

Match of the day is on there in 5 mins if anyone is interested.

I should have posted all the champions league tele times in the pool thread all season

If any of ye were interested

tbh its getting very childish and mundane now and not even in the slightest bit funny.
    I know yee arent used of beating us at Anfield but surely you must realize its only three points.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,665 ✭✭✭✭extra gravy

I should have posted all the champions league tele times in the pool thread all season

If any of ye were interested

You can post the time of the FA Cup highlights next Sunday night after we knock them out.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,333 ✭✭✭bad2dabone

seriously you're being a bit of a tool now.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,746 ✭✭✭irishmover

tbh its getting very childish and mundane now and not even in the slightest bit funny.
    I know yee arent used of beating us at Anfield but surely you must realize its only three points.

Would have said the same everytime you's beat Spurs. But yet there's no point, the childish comments remain within the Arsenal supporters and will never go away. It's just football.

Take it on the chin. Liverpool supporters are as entitled to slag you's off as much as anyone. You's lost 5-1. If ever it's an entitlement to slag it's now. Just look at the slagging (from plenty of arsenal fans too) we endured after the 5-0 loss at WHL.

You can post the time of the FA Cup highlights next Sunday night after we knock them out.

Even when we beat them at the start of the season the thought didn't cross my mind to go to there thread

I wouldn't do it Sunday either

Don't see the point

I gets all my satisfaction mulling over a win with ye instead of getting a reaction of others

irishmover wrote: »
    Would have said the same everytime you's beat Spurs. But yet there's no point, the childish comments remain within the Arsenal supporters and will never go away. It's just football.

Take it on the chin. Liverpool supporters are as entitled to slag you's off as much as anyone. You's lost 5-1. If ever it's an entitlement to slag it's now. Just look at the slagging (from plenty of arsenal fans too) we endured after the 5-0 loss at WHL.

I have often slaggd off other teams but I do it here

Why go into there thread to do it??

• Registered Users Posts: 4,746 ✭✭✭irishmover

Even when we beat them at the start of the season the thought didn't cross my mind to go to there thread

I wouldn't do it Sunday either

Don't see the point

I gets all my satisfaction mulling over a win with ye instead of getting a reaction of others

If only there were more supporters like you! I do t like to do it either to be quite honest.. But there'll be plenty of people who do..

• Registered Users Posts: 6,333 ✭✭✭bad2dabone

anyway, watching it again on MOTD, its actually worse. Feel sorry for Woj, he was left exposed time after time.

irishmover wrote: »
    If only there were more supporters like you! I do t like to do it either to be quite honest.. But there'll be plenty of people who do..

Each to there own I guess

The banter don't bother me

Ya just can't get much debate going or get other peoples opinions on the game, cause the "banter" gets dragged on for pages until it ends with a dick measuring contest

Just gets annoying

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,813 ✭✭✭lertsnim

Saw all of todays goals on Bein Sports earlier. Thanks though. Enjoy your day

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement