Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Arsenal Talk/Gossip/Rumours Thread 2013/14 mod warning post #5144

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,431 ✭✭✭dvemail

It's all coming out now.

Bf_I6SMCYAARD9z.jpg:large

• Registered Users Posts: 2,589 ✭✭✭Awesomeness

Wojciech.jpg

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,038 ✭✭✭✭niallo27

I just got a pm of heidklum poster myself saying it will be some laugh if liverpool bottled 4th.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,333 ✭✭✭bad2dabone

oh ollie. romping. at 3am.

you legend.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 613 ✭✭✭Y2KBOS86

Raf32 wrote: »

Per seems to be an opinionated fella.

Sanogo is a big lad, it's not Ozil he is picking on there.

Ozil has never been the same since then, I thought it was a lousy thing to do myself.

Should have said it to Ozil privately.He humiliated him.

bad2dabone wrote: »
    seriously you're being a bit of a tool now.

Ah I'm joking man. Sorry if I pissed ye off.

niallo27 wrote: »
    Ah I'm joking man. Sorry if I pissed ye off.

no harm done dude.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,205 ✭✭✭Gringo180

Raf32 wrote: »

Interesting to hear Wenger criticising himself. Please god we bounce back on Wednesday night, biggest game of our season it is imo.

• Administrators, Computer Games Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 32,410 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Mickeroo

I just got a pm of heidklum poster myself saying it will be some laugh if liverpool bottled 4th.

That is very very odd behaviour.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,756 ✭✭✭emergingstar

Gringo180 wrote: »
    Interesting to hear Wenger criticising himself. Please god we bounce back on Wednesday night, biggest game of our season it is imo.

The whole set up derserves criticism after today

• Closed Accounts Posts: 35,514 ✭✭✭✭efb

If I was like Giroud I'd bang all around me giggidy

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 34,424 ✭✭✭✭The_Kew_Tour

Poor players don't score in brothels but it seems Giroud is exception.,

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,224 ✭✭✭✭Marty McFly

Y2KBOS86 wrote: »
    Per seems to be an opinionated fella.

Sanogo is a big lad, it's not Ozil he is picking on there.

Ozil has never been the same since then, I thought it was a lousy thing to do myself.

Should have said it to Ozil privately.He humiliated him.

I think he was right in what he done, he shows passion and fight for the club every team needs a few players like that, real leaders who pick the team up when the chips are down and dish out a bollocking when it's needed.

I like Ozil an not one for criticising him but he's a grown man take your bollocking on the chin and man up and don't do it again.

• Site Banned Posts: 26,456 ✭✭✭✭Nuri Sahin

Quick glance at his profile makes it very obvious as to who it is. Must be over half a dozen accounts now.

Nuri Sahin wrote: »
    Quick glance at his profile makes it very obvious as to who it is.

He is spurs anyway. I asked him was he the real heidi klum. He said he was. I have my doubts.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,277 ✭✭✭batistuta9

hope mertesacker battered him, he'll lose respect otherwise

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 43,311 ✭✭✭✭K-9

In fairness you shouldn't discuss pm's, there's a report function in the top right corner of the pm.

There's a few total and outright nuts about this forum.

Mad Men's Don Draper : What you call love was invented by guys like me, to sell nylons.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,766 ✭✭✭farna_boy

Lads, whatever about anything else or any other day, Giroud can't really be faulted for today.I also don't buy this thing that the reason Ozil isn't playing to his best is because of Giroud either. There are another 9 people on the pitch that he could pass to and looking at the players who have scored this season, most of those 9 could take that chance.

If we want Giroud to perform better for us, we have to play to his strengths. One of the last matches I saw, I noticed a few times he was in a similar position to when Wilshere passed him the ball for his goal against Villa, i.e. behind all the defenders on the 18 yard box, unmarked and the ball was still a good bit out. Ozil had the ball and chose not to make that pass, at least 3 times. This scenario is not uncommon either btw, and it's not just Ozil who won't make that pass.

Our biggest problem (with regards scoring) is that we want every goal to be like that one vs Norwich, with cleaver flicks and one touch football. Cazorla is nearly the only one who will take a shot, and that is just not good enough. Even if the keeper blocks it, Giroud or someone else usually tend to follow the shots up.

Ozil is coming in for a lot of criticism today, but Cazorla has also been anonymous for a lot of games recently. He does get the odd goal, that makes up for that and I do realise that he is a very good player. You can get away with one player being anonymous during a game but our problem of late is that both Ozil and Cazorla are going missing during games. Maybe they don't play well together or just haven't gelled yet, but everytime I see them on the same team I get nervous. Even if we got that sorted (and didn't play Flamini and Arteta in the same team), we could be much better off.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,224 ✭✭✭✭Marty McFly

K-9 wrote: »
    In fairness you shouldn't discuss pm's, there's a report function in the top right corner of the pm.

There's a few total and outright nuts about this forum.

It's boards there nutjobs in every forum.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,984 ✭✭✭Soups123

In fairness there's been a lot of bad days over the last 10 yrs but the pettiness in here today is the worst I've seen.

Karma's a bitch and it'll bite back

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,536 ✭✭✭Dolph Starbeam

batistuta9 wrote: »

?? Hope Mert battered him? How will he lose respect? Do you actually know what happened?

batistuta9 wrote: »

Not neccessarily. You dont have to be physically stronger then the others to command respect. If Sanogo was acting the pup the lads will be smart enough to figure it out. I mean would you take sides with a young lad who has been on the treatment table since August or a German international who is having an immense season and who has emerged as leader of the pack?

Probably storm in a tea cup stuff as usual. Loads of these incidents take place only the media have decided to pounce on it now we got a trimming. They tiptoed around Man U when City beat them 6-1 at Old Trafford but when its Arsenal they even got a picture of our manager taking a fall. Ive turned off Lineker. What a sickening p**ck. He was licking Jose's hole earlier. When George Graham played Mourinho style tactics it was all 'boring Arsenal' b0llocks talk...i guess he just didnt crack enough jokes in the press conferences

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,354 ✭✭✭gebbel

I have been too pissed off all day to read the after match reaction on here. Today was horrible. We were destroyed. Nobody foresaw this. We knew it was tricky but all of us had cautious optimism that the team would put on a show. It didn't happen and now we are down in the dumps, hard not to be.

But life goes on and all is not lost yet. City drew. Chelsea won and are now favourites to win it in my book. But the Gunners haven't lost the title today. The Man Utd game is now critical. It must be won. The team must unite and bounce back. Win or bust. I'm not sure if today will shatter them but beat United, show that today was a freak, and we are right back in it. It's d-day on Wednesday night.

He is spurs anyway. I asked him was he the real heidi klum. He said he was. I have my doubts.

No i definately reckon that German model has decided to troll the internet to get a rise out of the Arsenal fans somehow. :D

• Administrators, Computer Games Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 32,410 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Mickeroo

YayaBanana wrote: »
    ?? Hope Mert battered him? How will he lose respect? Do you actually know what happened?

Pretty sure batistuta9 was making a joke by trying to imply the arsenal training ground operates under prison rules.

gebbel wrote: »
    I have been too pissed off all day to read the after match reaction on here. Today was horrible. We were destroyed. Nobody foresaw this. We knew it was tricky but all of us had cautious optimism that the team would put on a show. It didn't happen and now we are down in the dumps, hard not to be.

But life goes on and all is not lost yet. City drew. Chelsea won and are now favourites to win it in my book. But the Gunners haven't lost the title today. The Man Utd game is now critical. It must be won. The team must unite and bounce back. Win or bust. I'm not sure if today will shatter them but beat United, show that today was a freak, and we are right back in it. It's d-day on Wednesday night.

I wont lie...i was boiling so much i very nearly logged in to vent my frustrations but got only knows what i could have came up with if i did it during the duration of the match. For hours after i was raging. But look, its just one of them days. Liverpool were switched on and we were switched off. Another day they could fail to hit the net. Sure one night Julio Baptista hit 4 up in Anfield....it happens the other way too. Frankly it could make or break us this year. Were cornered and we have to come out fighting. Im hoping for a post San Siro style 2012 response

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 43,311 ✭✭✭✭K-9

Oh just on 89, that was gut wretching, was my birthday as well. Still, Liverpool fans applauded that Arsenal team off the pitch after the most heart wrenching defeat ever!

Mad Men's Don Draper : What you call love was invented by guys like me, to sell nylons.

jamaamaj wrote: »
    Maybe the reason Real madrid let Ozil go.?

Don't get me wrong as i think Ozil is a world class player.
    Next season will prove the if's and buts about Ozil, but i'd have him in a Liverpool shirt in a heartbeat, assist machine.

Really? :confused: Despite the most assists in Europe last season? Madrid let Ozil go because theyve become a joke. I used the tech geek analogy to describe them before. Madrid always want the latest craze and Bale was it and i suppose as Wenger was after Ozil over Benzema and Di Maria so they let him go instead.

Ozil is a good guy and will turn out to be a terrific player for us yet. He had a bad game. Big F**ing deal. He just needs time to settle into the English game. Wilshere wasnt all that today either. Every time i see him his big mouth is going like a propeller.

K-9 wrote: »
    Oh just on 89, that was gut wretching, was my birthday as well. Still, Liverpool fans applauded that Arsenal team off the pitch after the most heart wrenching defeat ever!

Liverpool tbf had a hectic schedule on top of personal trauma after Hillsborough. They had a fine team then. While it was an amazing achievement for Arsenal that cannot be taken away from us but Liverpool won a title each side of 89 and were dominant throughout the mid 70s and almost all of the 80s. in a way it is a pity to see the way they devolved so much in the 90s.

They had a better team then they realised and yet the likes of Razor Ruddock who was the antithesis to the Liverpool way of football (maybe even the antithesis to professional football itself) that time was held up on a pedestal at the club. The likes of Steve McMahon and Mark Lawrenson wouldn't piss near a waster like Ruddock yet the younger players of the 90s probably knew no better but that this was a 'terrific pro' as their blind coaches like Roy Evans told them.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,553 ✭✭✭Spanish Johnny

Even when we beat them at the start of the season the thought didn't cross my mind to go to there thread

I wouldn't do it Sunday either

Don't see the point

I gets all my satisfaction mulling over a win with ye instead of getting a reaction of others

Exact same here. I can't actually fathom the mentality. I have no interest in it and wouldn't get anything out of it.

• Advertisement

Exact same here. I can't actually fathom the mentality. I have no interest in it and wouldn't get anything out of it.

Sure look fans can be funny. I wouldn't be the type to go looking to slag people (although ill give plenty if i receive) but if even one of my mates support a team that give a beating to Arsenal i used even get texts and voicemail about it. Pathetic really. Just thinking today if some of the Liverpool fans i know were United fans instead my life would be intolerable :D if they can brag that much about one victory in a while what would they be like if they were winning all round them? :D

Sure look fans can be funny. I wouldn't be the type to go looking to slag people (although ill give plenty if i receive) but if even one of my mates support a team that give a beating to Arsenal i used even get texts and voicemail about it. Pathetic really. Just thinking today if some of the Liverpool fans i know were United fans instead my life would be intolerable :D if they can brag that much about one victory in a while what would they be like if they were winning all round them? :D

Am it's funny you say that cos I was telling the old fella earlier I would rather United win more and get 4th in the coming years than Liverpool fans from what Iv had to put up with from friends not just today but last couple of months! Not talkin about on Boards at all!

Ye will all tell me I am mad but the United bunch I know are hard core but well clued in, understanding of the stadium debt and its affects on us until now and admiring of Wenger. I know that's not typical for most of ye but for my bubble it's United for me.

Ah come on lads we have had a hard 20 years. Can't you forgive us for one night anyway

Ah come on lads we have had a hard 20 years. Can't you forgive us for one night anyway

Sorry not aimed at you or Boards! Just the way my group falls. I's odd and as I say I don't know 3 Arsenal fans that would take United over Liverpool but it makes my life at match times easier!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,690 ✭✭✭✭Skylinehead

Yes....but it will be remembered for the next time ;):pac:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,175 ✭✭✭Irish Aris

Just got back and went through a big part of the posts the last 10-11 hours. Nothing that I wouldn't expect and most of the comments on a right track.
    My 2 cents' worth of opinion:
    1.We conceived 4 goals in 20 minutes. 2 of them by Martin Skrtel. I mean. . . FFS. Has he ever scored 2 goals in the same game before?
    2.Midfield was really bad today, Ozil (as much as I like him) the worst. I reckon that in these games Rosicky should start. He has more passion than any other midfielder in the team.
    3.Bad day for the defense as well, they were all over the place. Flamini is another one we missed today.
    4.Norwich did us a favour, but we still need to get results in the big games away from Emirates. Not sure how we will do that but one can only hope.
    5.Absolutely critical to win Utd on Wednesday.

• Registered Users Posts: 810 ✭✭✭augustus gloop

i think in general us Liverpool fans have ruled ourselves out of the race a while back....
    of whats left, 90% of pool fans would rather see Arsenal win the league above the rest. play nice football, well ran club etc.
    you won't blame us for basking in yesterday a little.
    hope ye go out and take your frustrations out against utd now

• Registered Users Posts: 7,521 ✭✭✭Giggsy11

Did anyone feel it's pathetic that people find 64 year old man falling on his arse is somewhat funny?

Laughing at players falling is something as they are youngsters but laughing at old man falling? That's sad.

Maybe this belongs to humor thread but I don't have a funny pic to append to this post.

Btw, when is Walcott due back? I know many opposition fans don't rate him (and calls him just speed merchant) but I have said in the past he is very important player for Arsenal and I stand by it, he stretches game better than any player you have. Yesterday it was so clear that Arsenal lacked someone who could run with the ball at pace which Liverpool did brilliantly.

• Registered Users Posts: 810 ✭✭✭augustus gloop

Giggsy11 wrote: »
    Did anyone feel that it's pathetic that people find 64 year old man falling on his arse is somewhat funny?

Laughing at players falling is something as they are youngsters but laughing at old man falling? That's sad.

Maybe this belongs to humor thread but I don't have a funny pic to append to this post.

Btw, when is Walcott due back? I know many opposition fans don't rate him (and calls him just speed merchant) but I have said in the past he is very important player for Arsenal and I stand by it, he stretches game better than any player you have. Yesterday it was so clear that Arsenal lacked someone who could run with the ball at pace which Liverpool did brilliantly.
    second that, laughing at wenger is normally a pastime of mine, but not because the poor fella landed on his behind. sad really

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,487 ✭✭✭ronjo

Have to say I am very glad we have a midweek game.
    The shorter we get to dwell on that performance the better.

Onwards and back upwards!

second that, laughing at wenger is normally a pastime of mine, but not because the poor fella landed on his behind. sad really

I love his coat problems as much as the next guy, but i have to agree that laughing at a 64 year old man who's had a nasty fall on wet tiles isn't cool.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,216 ✭✭✭Looper007

ronjo wrote: »
    Have to say I am very glad we have a midweek game.
    The shorter we get to dwell on that performance the better.

Onwards and back upwards!

It's good but I'm really worried now that it's about to fall apart.

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 4,664 Mod ✭✭✭✭Hyzepher

A day later and I must say that for me this result is meaning less and less.

We could have easily lost a game 1-0 to some lower team and just got on with it - probably counted ourselves lucky that City dropped points as well

I defy any Arsenal supporter here to deny that we are having an excellent season, far above the realistic expectations of us all. Does the last 6 months just evaporate because of one bad game? Are we ready to throw in the towel? No, No, Goddamn NO.

Lets get the f**k off our arses - AW literally - and get the job done on Wednesday. Show them that Arsenal dont make the same mistake twice and show them all that we are ARSENAL and we ARE the Best.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,080 ✭✭✭DenMan

It felt good deciding not to watch MOTD last night. The game is in the history books now! Let's build for Utd on Wednesday and move on. COYG

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,431 ✭✭✭dvemail

Really is a shame that all our wingers play the same game.
    All of Cazorla, Podolski, Gnabry and Chamberlain drop deep to get the ball. Only Theo makes those runs in behind. Same can be said for our strikers. It really is holding Ozil back from doing what he does best and it only allows him to make those short passes sideways to get them on the ball.
    But when the runs are made, thinking of Chamberlains goal against Palace with the ball over the top by Cazorla and even when Ozil played that ball over the Liverpool defence just after we conceded the first and Monreal nearly go on the end of it.
    I just can't understand why we don't try and utilise it more often.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,379 ✭✭✭Maire2009

As long as there are no long term effects and we get our act together by Wednesday all the one losing 5-1 yesterday as 1-0. It is still 3 points lost and this league will come down to points and not to GD as long as City are involved. City dropping 2 points at Norwich is just as massive as us dropping 3 at Anfield.

A win on Wednesday and we're back on track. The players owe us the games of their lives.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,435 ✭✭✭wandatowell

Good shout Maire. I'm fully expecting yesterday's result to
    fuel a magnificent display from Arsenal. Wednesday is going to be a epic.

Hope we smash 'em

I don't think Wednesday is a much win game for out league hopes

If we draw would only be 3 behind heading into 3/4 winnable games which so far we are doing consistently enough, we could be in a nice position heading into the 4 games that will decide where we finish

On the mental side this is a must win game we need to beat one of the big boys i no utd are 7th but you get what I mean

Win Wednesday decent showing against Munich win the 3 games leading into them march fixtures, with Ramsey back and ox that little but sharper we will have them runners that ozil needs I will be back confident again

Good shout Maire. I'm fully expecting yesterday's result to
    fuel a magnificent display from Arsenal. Wednesday is going to be a epic.

Hope we smash 'em

I fancy a dull 1-1 draw

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,477 ✭✭✭✭Knex*

Giggsy11 wrote: »
    Did anyone feel it's pathetic that people find 64 year old man falling on his arse is somewhat funny?

Only just watched the MOTD highlights a few mins ago. Found it pretty pathetic of BBC to close up the Liverpool - Arsenal segment by showing a picture of Wenger when he fell.

As you say, this is a 64 year old man. Complete lack of respect and not at all something they should be promoting.

I was quite disappointed with them.

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement