Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Arsenal Talk/Gossip/Rumours Thread 2013/14 mod warning post #5144

Comments

Ramsey no

he'd definately give food for thought but still early for him in my opinion

• Registered Users Posts: 5,756 ✭✭✭emergingstar

Sanaogo back

I hope he comes on and nuts the head of rvp

• Registered Users Posts: 3,254 ✭✭✭shano_88

Its so important that we put in an impressive performance against United. If we dont win out next 2 games, It could be nearly season over.

Thats how important it is.

Rosicky and Gibbs for Ox and Monreal are my only changes.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,205 ✭✭✭Gringo180

Sanaogo back

I hope he comes on and nuts the head of rvp

Was he even on the bench when he was fit?? Although its good he is fit again, but im not sure its much of a boost to the first team.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,711 ✭✭✭keano_afc

He played a couple of times early in the season, and looked raw. And thats being kind.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,205 ✭✭✭Gringo180

keano_afc wrote: »
    He played a couple of times early in the season, and looked raw. And thats being kind.

Yeah i mentioned that myself a few weeks back. Its just ive seen a few Arsenal websites this morning raving about him been back fit as if he was an important player in our squad.

• Users Awaiting Email Confirmation Posts: 15,001 ✭✭✭✭Pepe LeFrits

Edu was better for us than Gilberto during the Invincible season and pushed him out of the team in the latter stages of the season.

The season obviously isn’t over but based on performances so far this season, I’d have Koscielny over Toure and Sagna over Lauren. I suppose you could argue for Ozil over Bergkamp and Ramsey’s inclusion over Edu/Gilberto but really, Ramsey’s role is the equivalent of Vieira’s. Ramsey’s season is comparable to Vieira’s 03/04 too, maybe even favourably, but then he’s missed a fair bit of it now through injury.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,382 ✭✭✭✭greendom

keano_afc wrote: »

Might not see much of him for a while. Probably be in the U21s for a few weeks.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,300 ✭✭✭HazDanz

Giroud needs a goal against united. The man is low on confidence I think, a goal against united might kick start that drive he had at the start of the season.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,382 ✭✭✭✭greendom

HazDanz wrote: »
    Giroud needs a goal against united. The man is low on confidence I think, a goal against united might kick start that drive he had at the start of the season.

Him and Ozil combined to good effect on a few occasions earlier in the season - Napoli and Sunderland spring to mind. Would be great if that combination could put United to the sword tomorrow.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,333 ✭✭✭bad2dabone

i'm looking for a fast start tomorrow and everyone foaming at the mouth.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,300 ✭✭✭HazDanz

greendom wrote: »
    Him and Ozil combined to good effect on a few occasions earlier in the season - Napoli and Sunderland spring to mind. Would be great if that combination could put United to the sword tomorrow.

United look like they've pretty poor communication across the back four at the minute. Wouldn't be surprised if we open them up with some decent one twos.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,569 ✭✭✭Nemeses2050

I would like a bit more direct style but not what United did other day 84 crosses, We're so predictable and it's easy to defend against us. We need to stretch the defenses and mix-it up.

• Registered Users Posts: 822 ✭✭✭Pudders

bad2dabone wrote: »
    i'm looking for a fast start tomorrow and everyone foaming at the mouth.

I'll certainly be foaming at the mouth in the stands. This weeks determines the season. I've written off the CL as any result in that would be a bonus but United and Liverpool are huge games. I want to win a trophy this season. League preferable but I'd take the FA Cup.

Pity Walcott is injured would have torn evra a new one tomorrow

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,984 ✭✭✭Soups123

No doubt a league title over FA cup is the preference. However I really think the FA Cup needs to be targeted, the knock on effect from winning it could be huge for Arsenal and i think we really have to go for it, its also more realistic than the league at this point.

I would be very happy with a 2nd/3rd place league finish and an FA Cup win. I also think to win the FA Cup we need to beat pool (obviously) and hope to get the winner of Man City/Chelsea before the final, I just think mentally we are not there yet for these games but and FA Cup win could change that.

On United, I think it will be a draw.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 10,402 Mod ✭✭✭✭CatInABox

HazDanz wrote: »
    United look like they've pretty poor communication across the back four at the minute. Wouldn't be surprised if we open them up with some decent one twos.

Pretty much everyone here thought that we'd open up Liverpool because they were missing a few from their back four/six.

If Arsenal turn up for the 90 minutes, we'll win. If we don't, Man United will win. Simple as that I think.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,553 ✭✭✭Spanish Johnny

CatInABox wrote: »
    Pretty much everyone here thought that we'd open up Liverpool because they were missing a few from their back four/six.

If Arsenal turn up for the 90 minutes, we'll win. If we don't, Man United will win. Simple as that I think.

True. What I found most bizarre is that we didn't even get any sustained pressure or good possession in their half in the first 45. We couldn't even get out. I know Giroud has serious limitations at times but I felt the last day we weren't even ale to get the ball past the halfway line.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,487 ✭✭✭ronjo

I was certainly one of those who thought our movement would be too much for Liverpools midfield/defense.
    How wrong was I?

We need a Napoli at home performance from the 1st minute.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,336 ✭✭✭Mr.Micro

We need to be ready tomorrow from the start, expect all out attack. We do not need to be caught out, like Liverpool did against us. We will not be allowed time on the ball, so be ready. Two desperate teams going at each other, they needing to get to at least fourth place, us to get back on track. Come on the gooners.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 10,402 Mod ✭✭✭✭CatInABox

True. What I found most bizarre is that we didn't even get any sustained pressure or good possession in their half in the first 45. We couldn't even get out. I know Giroud has serious limitations at times but I felt the last day we weren't even ale to get the ball past the halfway line.

Yup. Not sure if I said it going into the Liverpool match, but I was feeling confident, so I'm as guilty as anyone else.

Nothing worked for Arsenal, there was so many players who just didn't show up to single out anyone would be unfair. I'm hoping that from the first whistle to the last, Arsenal are competing for every ball, and are not caught napping like last weekend.

Hard to read anything into the Liverpool

2 down within 5 mins
    4 down within 19 mins

Shell shocked we were

• Pity Walcott is injured would have torn evra a new one tomorrow
    I can agree on that one, The shambles that has been Evra this season.

Hard to read anything into the Liverpool

2 down within 5 mins
    4 down within 19 mins

Shell shocked we were

Indeed, that plays a part. Being a goal down in the first minute is never ideal, but I would have expected our players to knuckle down after that, get themselves into the game. After the second, I knew there was no way we would win it, and that was from the body language of the team.

In fairness to Liverpool, they played brilliantly, and exposed our weaknesses perfectly. They'd seen our slow starts, so they started at a million miles an hour, kept us off balance, and managed to end the game inside 20 minutes.

M!Ck^ wrote: »
    I can agree on that one, The shambles that has been Evra this season.

Usually evra had his number

But this season he has been muck

Indeed, that plays a part. Being a goal down in the first minute is never ideal, but I would have expected our players to knuckle down after that, get themselves into the game. After the second, I knew there was no way we would win it, and that was from the body language of the team.

In fairness to Liverpool, they played brilliantly, and exposed our weaknesses perfectly. They'd seen our slow starts, so they started at a million miles an hour, kept us off balance, and managed to end the game inside 20 minutes.

I was thinking two stupid set pieces lets knuckle down and work back into it
    Instead we start bombing forward esp our full backs leave us exposed and the rest is painful history :)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,589 ✭✭✭Awesomeness

This season has been such a rollercoaster. Win tomorrow and we are still right up there.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,665 ✭✭✭✭extra gravy

Need West Brom to repeat their result against us and hold Chelsea tonight. Would be a big boost going in to tomorrow's game.

• Administrators, Computer Games Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 32,410 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Mickeroo

Need West Brom to repeat their result against us and hold Chelsea tonight. Would be a big boost going in to tomorrow's game.

They held Liverpool too so there's a chance a least.

Which match, if any, is on sky tonight lads?

Mickeroo wrote: »

Well Hull v Southampton is on Slovak Sport 1 and WBA v Chelsea is on Slovak Sport 2 if thats any help to you :D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,536 ✭✭✭Dolph Starbeam

Cardiff v Villa is on BT

Mickeroo wrote: »

Cardiff v Villa is on BT Sport. Think I'll watch the Madrid derby instead!

Cardiff v Villa is on BT Sport. Think I'll watch the Madrid derby instead!

Thats the second leg of the cup right?

Always thought if we could be top after the two games with Liverpool/United we would really be in a great position to push on.

So COME ON YOU BAGGIES !!!!!!!

ronjo wrote: »
    Thats the second leg of the cup right?

Ya Real with a 3 goal lead so it's probably all over but an early goal for Atletico at home could make it interesting.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 23,570 ✭✭✭✭Frisbee

All logic points towards us beating United.

However I fully expect us to lose.

Frisbee wrote: »
    All logic points towards us beating United.

However I fully expect us to lose.

I really really hate playing them......... really hate it !

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,224 ✭✭✭✭Marty McFly

ronjo wrote: »
    I really really hate playing them......... really hate it !

I do lately no matter how bad they are we always seem to play worse when we face them, the team needs to step up tomorrow for 1 to prove to everyone that horrific Liverpool performance was a once off and 2 to finally beat our United hoodoo and they will never have as poor a United team to do it against.

In work for tomorrow nights game not sure if i should be relieved or gutted to miss it.

Wenger likes to give reporters plenty to ponder that's for sure. The questions about RVP will have them speculating about a possible return again which I would say is 100% not likely nor desirable.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,435 ✭✭✭wandatowell

The questions about RVP will have them speculating about a possible return again which I would say is 100% not likely nor desirable.

I'd rather drink a pint of diarrhea

I do lately no matter how bad they are we always seem to play worse when we face them, the team needs to step up tomorrow for 1 to prove to everyone that horrific Liverpool performance was a once off and 2 to finally beat our United hoodoo and they will never have as poor a United team to do it against.

In work for tomorrow nights game not sure if i should be relieved or gutted to miss it.

This exactly. We always manage to balls it up the last few years.

Win tomorrow and we beat Liverpool.
    Lose tomorrow and Sunday could be complete disaster.
    Thats how I see it anyway.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,536 ✭✭✭Dolph Starbeam

I have a terrible feeling in the pit of my stomach about tomorrow nights game.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 52,456 ✭✭✭✭tayto lover

YayaBanana wrote: »

This will be a test of the team and manager.

In my opinion a home draw is now not good enough. We have to win.

YayaBanana wrote: »

Tonight has to be looked on almost as a freebie.
    Fully expect Chelsea to win........ Anything other than that does take pressure off us for tomorrow a bit.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,083 ✭✭✭DenMan

Can't wait for tomorrow night! I'm extremely optimistic! Wenger knows Arsenal need to show everyone we are a club to be reckoned with and it's important to bounce back positively after such a beating by Liverpool. I fully expect him to have the team in great spirits for the home game against Utd. We're gonna blitz them and finally put in a superb performance against Man Utd. COYG

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 52,456 ✭✭✭✭tayto lover

DenMan wrote: »
    Can't wait for tomorrow night! I'm extremely optimistic! Wenger knows Arsenal need to show everyone we are a club to be reckoned with and it's important to bounce back positively after such a beating by Liverpool. I fully expect him to have the team in great spirits for the home game against Utd. We're gonna blitz them and finally put in a superb performance against Man Utd. COYG

I would have expected Wenger to have them ready for Liverpool last Sat too and for all the previous United games., Alas it didn't happen.

This will be a test of the team and manager.

In my opinion a home draw is now not good enough. We have to win.

Mentally a must win

But when it comes to the legaue we will still be tucked in there only 3 points off the top if we draw which wouldn't be too bad

I would have expected Wenger to have them ready for Liverpool last Sat too and for all the previous United games., Alas it didn't happen.

Nail on head.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,751 ✭✭✭✭AdamD

Literally just read that minutes ago, somebody must have retweeted. Hes obviously thought about it a lot but I think its so far wide off the mark. Hes basically blaming Wilshere for Arteta's massive deficiencies and our wing backs having horror shows. You can't over simplify things like that at all. He also came to the conclusion that Jack's best position in this team is RW, that makes my brain melt. He was our best player through the Newcastle/Cardiff/Spurs/Villa/Fulham period of games, I find it hard to see him getting the blame when Arteta's looked incredibly inept for over a month. Just because Ramsey has the attributes to make Arteta look good doesn't mean we should expect the rest of our CMs to do so.

Actually the more I read that the more it annoys me. Hes completely ignored the role of our wingers in the defending. Wilshere's positioning made it easy for them to double up on our full backs? God forbid the wingers help out there.

Or maybe I'm just the universal defender of all things Jack Wilshere.

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement