Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Arsenal Talk/Gossip/Rumours Thread 2013/14 mod warning post #5144

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,428 ✭✭✭.jacksparrow.

Jaysus why the hostility lads, there is worst things in life to be worrying about, I was just saying I read it on a few forums and Geoff arsenal posted on his Twitter he was having a medical but deleted it a bit after.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,224 ✭✭✭✭Marty McFly

Had a look around on twitter and other websites and not one mention of a Draxler move today so I'm guessing source is bollocks one them unreliable twitter types.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,553 ✭✭✭Spanish Johnny

Jaysus why the hostility lads, there is worst things in life to be worrying about, I was just saying I read it on a few forums and Geoff arsenal posted on his Twitter he was having a medical but deleted it a bit after.

Didn't Geoff Arsenal tweet that there is an impersonation account of him out there and that he has never ever posted anything positive about Draxler joining in January??

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,752 ✭✭✭Mr Blobby

Please post a source next time.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,478 ✭✭✭ronjo

Wouldnt be too difficult though to put that in your first post.

Save us all wondering and searching.

Fair enough, I will say 3 hail Mary's for my sins..

ronjo wrote: »
    Wouldnt be too difficult though to put that in your first post.

Save us all wondering and searching.

Isn't that the fun of transfer Windows!

Isn't that the fun of transfer Windows!

NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO !!!

Although what the hell am I here for if I dont believe it :pac:

NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO !!!

Although what the hell am I here for if I dont believe it :pac:

Ha,sorry about that!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 550 ✭✭✭Manzoor14

Think there's an account GeofffArsenal (note the multiple f's) that posted it.
    Guy called AgentJim_ was the only other one I spotted that posted it.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,662 ✭✭✭✭extra gravy

Manzoor14 wrote: »
    Think there's an account GeofffArsenal (note the multiple f's) that posted it.
    Guy called AgentJim_ was the only other one I spotted that posted it.

That AgentJim guy reported last summer that we'd signed Fellaini and Cesar so I wouldn't believe a word out of him!

That AgentJim guy reported last summer that we'd signed Fellaini and Cesar so I wouldn't believe a word out of him!

Oh right Ted.

Geoffarsenal Is pretty terrible for transfers TBH.
    There's a reason he deletes his tweets.

Mr Blobby wrote: »
    Geoffarsenal Is pretty terrible for transfers TBH.
    There's a reason he deletes his tweets.

:confused: what he is probably the most reliable out there. Called the Ozil and Cazorla transfers before anyone else or any media reported along with the 40 million bid for Suarez before anyone else did amongst others.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,747 ✭✭✭✭AdamD

Geoff Arsenal, DeanLDN, Guardian and BBC journos are the only ones I'd pay any attention to on twitter.

:confused: what he is probably the most reliable out there. Called the Ozil and Cazorla transfers before anyone else or any media reported along with the 40 million bid for Suarez before anyone else did amongst others.

Well the Draxler one seems to have all originated out of Fjortoft

• Administrators, Computer Games Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 32,409 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Mickeroo

Thought some German bloke who's name escapes me broke the ozil one?

Anyway, Its game day

which two of Flamini, Ramsey, Arteta or Rosicky in the middle?
    Gibbs or Nacho?
    Pod or Santi on the left?
    Gnabry on the right?

Actually https://twitter.com/JanAageFjortoft called the Ozil transfer before anyone else.
    Also i'm pretty sure Cazorla was mentioned in a few other places.

I tend to follow this :pac:
    78N5r1T.png

• Advertisement

Mickeroo wrote: »
    Thought some German bloke who's name escapes me broke the ozil one?

AFAIK Geoff Arsenal broke it first but the German bloke can't remember how to spell his name is a big journalist said it afterward so the general media latched onto it then.

I remember Geoff Arsenal said about a week before the news of the 40 million bid for Suarez broke that it was happening and got slated for it then Liverpool leaked it and turned out he was right.

He certainly seems to know someone inside the club who gives him info.

Mr Blobby wrote: »
    Actually https://twitter.com/JanAageFjortoft called the Ozil transfer before anyone else.
    Also i'm pretty sure Cazorla was mentioned in a few other places.

I tend to follow this :pac:
    78N5r1T.png

That list is bull**** ;), BBC are the most reliable of the big media reporters and that's only because David Ornstein get his news directly from the club basically meaning he knows what they want him to know and what they want him to release most of the time.

Maybe I am turning into a 40 something year old grouch but I really could not give a flying fcuk what the new jersey is like as long as its bringing in the cash for transfers.

So whats the team tonight??

Szcz
    Sagna BFG Kos Nacho
    Flam Ramsey Ozil
    Gnab Giroud Santi

Would prefer Pod to start instead of Gnabry but not sure if he would move Santi to the right?
    Gibbs, Arteta, Rosicky and Pod obviously could all justify their places
    Anyway, Its game day

which two of Flamini, Ramsey, Arteta or Rosicky in the middle?
    Gibbs or Nacho?
    Pod or Santi on the left?
    Gnabry on the right?

The match... you know in 4 hours..

Anyone interested?? :D:D

Sagna BFG Kos Gibbs
    Flam Arteta/Wilshere
    Rambo Santi Ozil
    Giroud

The match... you know in 4 hours..

Anyone interested?? :D:D

Yeah looking forward to it bit disappointed it's not on tv.

Could this be the night we surrender our lead, thay have been waiting for months bit we keep doing the business.

Would love pod to start on the left he looks like a man on a mission.

Yeah looking forward to it bit disappointed it's not on tv.

Could this be the night we surrender our lead, thay have been waiting for months bit we keep doing the business.

Would love pod to start on the left he looks like a man on a mission.

City and Chelsea both play tomorrow so will have it for one more day anyway :)

i live in Slovakia and Slovak Sport 1 shows our game and 2 shows Liverpool Everton.
    Happy days :D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,205 ✭✭✭Gringo180

Massive MASSIVE game for us tonight. We really need to win this and the Crystal Palace game to go into the Utd and Liverpool double header full of confidence. Lets hope our neighbours do us a favour tomorrow night too and take points off City.

Gringo180 wrote: »
    Massive MASSIVE game for us tonight. We really need to win this and the Crystal Palace game to go into the Utd and Liverpool double header full of confidence. Lets hope our neighbours do us a favour tomorrow night too and take points off City.

Could really do with City dropping at least 4 points this week and rebuilding that lead we had before Christmas.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,553 ✭✭✭Spanish Johnny

Yip always maintained this game and City's next two were going to determine how close this league will go. City coming out with 6 or even 4 here is ominous.

Anyway we can only look after ourselves and this is sticky tonight. We struggled badly at them last year and were fluked to get a draw. Win tonight and it's a massive statement.

Be 8 wins on the bounce if we manage 3 points tonight, were on a great run I just hope we take each game as it comes and treat them all as cup finals.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,536 ✭✭✭Dolph Starbeam

Southampton held Chelsea scoreless for an hour before conceding three, we have grinded out a few results this season so I am very hopeful of securing 3 points tonight.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,589 ✭✭✭Awesomeness

At the moment my girlfirend is gone for months and my company is going bankrupt. Still draxler signing could be the biggest worry in my life.

Just saying

Southampton are missing:
    Dani Osvaldo
    Gaston Ramirez
    Dejan Lovren
    And Lambert & Wanyama are a doubt.

Thats a big plus for us.
    I'm thinking a 2-0 win.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,342 ✭✭✭Bobby Baccala

Serious amount of talk on facebook about bac's contract extension confirmed, 3 years and 80,000 a week is what I'm hearing!

Be delighted with that. Its hard to believe that he broke his leg twice in a year and he's still bombing up and down the sidelines like a young Cafu, those sort of injuries would of finished many a player. Great attitude he has and deserves a new contract he seems Arsenal true and true.

Be delighted with that. Its hard to believe that he broke his leg twice in a year and he's still bombing up and down the sidelines like a young Cafu, those sort of injuries would of finished many a player. Great attitude he has and deserves a new contract he seems Arsenal true and true.

Would be excellent alright.

It really seems like we have a group of players that really want to play for Arsenal unlike over the last 5 years or so.

Would be excellent alright.

It really seems like we have a group of players that really want to play for Arsenal unlike over the last 5 years or so.

Yeah its great to see you can really see the emotion the lads show at the end of the full time whistle, Mertesacker especially I just love that man. Wenger always has had a great morale instilled into the squad its one of his great strengths as a manager.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,333 ✭✭✭bad2dabone

delighted if Bac signs, if he ended up At city it might have broken me

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,342 ✭✭✭Bobby Baccala

Yeah its great to see you can really see the emotion the lads show at the end of the full time whistle, Mertesacker especially I just love that man. Wenger always has had a great morale instilled into the squad its one of his great strengths as a manager.

Havent seen a player in years with as much love for the club an its fans as Per, he'll go down in the books as an arsenal legend!!

P4DDY2K11 wrote: »
    Havent seen a player in years with as much love for the club an its fans as Per, he'll go down in the books as an arsenal legend!!

Supposedly he has conceded only five fouls this season in 20 games

He's the modern day Tony Adams :D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 52,408 ✭✭✭✭tayto lover

I'm not saying we will win the league or that I wouldnt like a player or two to come in.

But we have been hearing all season long, wait till Arsenal play this or that team, wait till November, wait till December yet here we are end of January still top and still fighting.

With or without additions we have as much chance as Chelsea or City to win the title. Yea we will drop points but you can be sure they will to.

Only as long as we are at full strength.
    If any of Mert, Kos or Giroud were out I would seriously worry.
    Look what happened when we played a poor United team without Mert.

He's the modern day Tony Adams :D

Ah Big Tone could be a right dirty bastardo when he wanted :)

3 matches we lost this season

Villa : Kos Red Card
    United : Mert injured
    City : Kos went off injured in first half

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,382 ✭✭✭✭greendom

3 matches we lost this season

Villa : Kos Red Card
    United : Mert injured
    City : Kos went off injured in first half

Also with our first trip to Manchester we had a virus round the camp. With the 2nd we had very little recovery time from landing back from Italy on Thursday morning to playing on the Saturday morning. Both games had some very lacklustre performanes. Villa had the worst display of refereeing I've seen for a long time.

Nice to see him eat the head of Santi and others for giving away silly possession.
    We needed a leader and one arrived.
    Great professional and hates conceding.
    I feel we'd have broken the United hoodoo if he had played too.

greendom wrote: »
    With the 2nd we had very little recovery time from landing back from Italy on Thursday morning to playing on the Saturday morning.

What are you talking about??

Didnt Mourihno say we pick and choose the easiest fixture dates?

Without Giroud I'd agree we could be in trouble but I have lot more confidence in our defence yes Kos and Mert are rocks together but Verm has done well anytime he deputised and Sagna has looked comfortable enough when asked to fill in as well.

The United loss I wouldn't blame on Merts being out it was just a toothless performance all round in a game we should have won.

Stuck in work tonight it not on Sky so no sky go so look like a night of being glued to sky sports score center and twitter for score updates :(.

Without Giroud I'd agree we could be in trouble but I have lot more confidence in our defence yes Kos and Mert are rocks together but Verm has done well anytime he deputised and Sagna has looked comfortable enough when asked to fill in as well.

The United loss I wouldn't blame on Merts being out it was just a toothless performance all round in a game we should have won.

Stuck in work tonight it not on Sky so no sky go so look like a night of being glued to sky sports score center and twitter for score updates :(.

Take your laptop and sit in the firstrow.

Take your laptop and sit in the firstrow.

Wiziwig agus AceStream ;)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,435 ✭✭✭wandatowell

Predictions for tonight?

2-1 to the away team.

Advantage Arsenal in the Premier League race.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement