Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Arsenal Talk/Gossip/Rumours Thread 2013/14 mod warning post #5144

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 52,456 ✭✭✭✭tayto lover

All this shíte about us we've been on top more gameweeks then anyone this season.

Its the last day that matters.
    3 Points a must tomorrow now.
    If tonight didn't spur our lads on then nothing will.
    Time for them to stand up and be counted.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 29,118 ✭✭✭✭Quazzie

Guardian

Surely that's a joke right?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,573 ✭✭✭2ndcoming

Great result for us tonight!

Let's get back where we belong tomorrow!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,487 ✭✭✭ronjo

Guardian

Got to be a wind up :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,751 ✭✭✭✭AdamD

Guardian minute by minute's are always pretty tongue in cheek

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,224 ✭✭✭✭Marty McFly

So lads is first row still the best for looking at games these days? I'll be in work tomorrow night but if I can i want to be able to see the game in some shape or form.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 52,456 ✭✭✭✭tayto lover

So lads is first row still the best for looking at games these days? I'll be in work tomorrow night but if I can i want to be able to see the game in some shape or form.

Works all the time for me.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,589 ✭✭✭Awesomeness

I now use another site thats 11 pounds a month. Gives you all the sports channels UK US RTE and the Bein sports channels so you get any sport you look for.

Streams perfect and in hd plus you get english commentary. May not be for everyone as you do have to pay but as I spend a lot of time abroad its brillant for me.

Otherwise firstrow is still the one

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,205 ✭✭✭Gringo180

Beautiful result for us at the Hawthorns :D:D

Lets go and capitalise tomorrow night and lay our big game demons to rest!! Not only should we be looking at a win but a performance that sends a signal out to everybody that we mean business.

• Administrators, Computer Games Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 32,410 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Mickeroo

Chelsea dropping points tonight is great but still counts for feck all unless we beat United tomorrow.

The game tomorrow is 3 points and more importantly getting over our mental block.

If they can't get fired up enough to put on performance now after this then they deserve to win nothing.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,500 ✭✭✭Drexel

I now use another site thats 11 pounds a month. Gives you all the sports channels UK US RTE and the Bein sports channels so you get any sport you look for.

Streams perfect and in hd plus you get english commentary. May not be for everyone as you do have to pay but as I spend a lot of time abroad its brillant for me.

Otherwise firstrow is still the one

Could you pm me a link to that site. I cancelled SS cause with BT the football is so diluted and havin to pay for both is a bit of a rip off IMO.

I've heard before there is legit American subscription sites that stream every match and you can chose which you want to watch. Anyone know if these are real. With a VPN these would be well worth it.

Chelsea dropping points tonight was great. There absolutely MUST be a response from the boys tomorrow. I want to see urgency from the first minute to the last. Really kick united while they are down and head back to where we belong :)

Mickeroo wrote: »
    If they can't get fired up enough to put on performance now after this then they deserve to win nothing.

Spot on! If we dont go out and put on a show for the fans and win the game, especially after that disgrace on Saturday then we may as well throw our hat at it. Its now or never, time for the players to stand up and be counted each and every one of them!!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,665 ✭✭✭✭extra gravy

You could also use a smart dns service like Overplay and sign up for Bein Sports all for less than €20 a month as under their terms and conditions, you must be in the middle east to access the service. The quality and game choice is supposed to great ;)

You could also use a smart dns service like Overplay and sign up for Bein Sports all for less than €20 a month as under their terms and conditions, you must be in the middle east to access the service. The quality and game choice is supposed to great ;)
    With the one I have for 11 quid a month you get all the Bein sports as well.

Not sure if i am allowed to post the full list of channels

• Registered Users Posts: 1,608 ✭✭✭cathalio11

Victor "Sexual Chocolate" Anichebe could win us the title yet!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,828 ✭✭✭gosplan

All this shíte about us we've been on top more gameweeks then anyone this season.

I posted here before the pool game that City and Chelsea haven't been tested under the pressure of being top yet and that this was a test we had passed numerous times.

Some Arsenal fans argued that we hadn't passed any REAL tests this season and got back to the 'big' games.

A week later Chelsea and City have dropped points to West Brom and Norwich. Both teams fcuked up the top spot.

I feel entirely vindicated and totally correct, which is nice. This Arsenal team have passed MANY tests this year.

City and Chelsea look strong yeah but being top and delivering your a-game isn't automatic!!!!

I know this sounds silly but I might give the match a miss tomorrow night and just get score updates on the phone. Still traumitised over Saturday.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 9,425 ✭✭✭FearDark

Gringo180 wrote: »
    I know this sounds silly but I might give the match a miss tomorrow night and just get score updates on the phone. Still traumitised over Saturday.

I feel the same, I'm just so nervous now playing bigger teams. I'm going to go to the gym and check the scores every now and again.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,207 ✭✭✭Hangballlouie

FearDark wrote: »
    I feel the same, I'm just so nervous now playing bigger teams. I'm going to go to the gym and check the scores every now and again.

You're playing a mid-table team at home. you should bounce of them tbh. This is not Utd of old. In saying that Id love a draw.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,665 ✭✭✭✭extra gravy

Don't do it, you'll regret it when we put in the performance of the season and smash them :)

• Advertisement

Gym my arse

You spelt pub wrong

• Administrators, Computer Games Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 32,410 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Mickeroo

gosplan wrote: »
    I posted here before the pool game that City and Chelsea haven't been tested under the pressure of being top yet and that this was a test we had passed numerous times.

Some Arsenal fans argued that we hadn't passed any REAL tests this season and got back to the 'big' games.

A week later Chelsea and City have dropped points to West Brom and Norwich. Both teams fcuked up the top spot.

I feel entirely vindicated and totally correct, which is nice. This Arsenal team have passed MANY tests this year.

City and Chelsea look strong yeah but being top and delivering your a-game isn't automatic!!!!

If it's me you're talking about then you're mis-representing or possibly misunderstanding what I said. I never said Arsenal haven't passed any tests I was saying there was a specific test that they have not passed, the test City had just failed when we had that conversation and that is having to beat a direct title rival to go top, which is still true.

City and Chelsea have both lost their nerve against smaller teams when the pressure was on though, and since that's not a problem we've had thus far if they keep doing that then maybe we could win the title without having to beat either of them, which would be nice.

Seen similar stories before. Mad over there
    http://news.bbc.co.uk/2/hi/africa/8036367.stm

And I thought I was bad the time i punched a wall!

R.I.P. Didn't a similar thing happen after the loss to city or was it the Utd hammering two seasons ago, I remember someone posting something similar at the time in here. Crazy, it isn't worth killing someone over.

Seen similar stories before. Mad over there
    http://news.bbc.co.uk/2/hi/africa/8036367.stm

And I thought I was bad the time i punched a wall!

Didnt an Arsenal fan commit suicide after we lost to United in the CL back in 09?

ronjo wrote: »
    Gym my arse

Every evening mon-fri. And I've been at gym a fair few times this season rather than watch a big game. It's my coping mechanism!

You're playing a mid-table team at home. you should bounce of them tbh. This is not Utd of old. In saying that Id love a draw.

Utd seem to have the mental edge on us season after season, they've already done us at Old Trafford this season, it's the one team we can count on to raise their game against us even if they have been poor this season those players always turn it up for us. I won't be watching for nerves.

• Advertisement

Didnt an Arsenal fan commit suicide after we lost to United in the CL back in 09?
    Yeah thats the one in the story

• Registered Users Posts: 5,756 ✭✭✭emergingstar

That draw tonight puts more pressure on us tomorrow

Aaaaaaahhhhhhhhhhhh

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,828 ✭✭✭gosplan

If it's me you're talking about then you're mis-representing or possibly misunderstanding what I said. I never said Arsenal haven't passed any tests I was saying there was a specific test that they have not passed, the test City had just failed when we had that conversation and that is having to beat a direct title rival to go top, which is still true.

City and Chelsea have both lost their nerve against smaller teams when the pressure was on though, and since that's not a problem we've had thus far if they keep doing that then maybe we could win the title without having to beat either of them, which would be nice.

Don't mean to misinterpret you.

What I'm getting at is that we ALL are very quick to identify what this team hasn't done and there seems to be an attitude with some Arsenal fans that home and away wins against the bottom 14 teams in the league is the bare minimum.

I just think that sometimes people are slow to give credit to this Arsenal team for what they are doing well.

gosplan wrote: »
    Don't mean to misinterpret you.

What I'm getting at is that we ALL are very quick to identify what this team hasn't done and there seems to be an attitude with some Arsenal fans that home and away wins against the bottom 14 teams in the league is the bare minimum.

I just think that sometimes people are slow to give credit to this Arsenal team for what they are doing well.

I agree completely.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,500 ✭✭✭Fuzzy_Dunlop

Pretty good article about ozil (albeit a bit on the negative side at times) http://www.telegraph.co.uk/sport/football/teams/arsenal/10632040/Arsenal-midfielder-Mesut-Ozil-floundered-following-42m-move.-What-happened-to-Arsene-Wengers-record-signing.html

Especially the end where he mentions how it took the likes of hazard, suarez etc 2 or more seasons to really get going but the issue is that we're hankering for the goods now to win the title this season.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,277 ✭✭✭batistuta9

jonny666 wrote: »
    I've heard before there is legit American subscription sites that stream every match and you can chose which you want to watch. Anyone know if these are real. With a VPN these would be well worth it.

it's real although it's only one, NBC sports, they own the rights for america,
    but the way that works is you've to be subscribed to that package with your cable/satellite company and then you login to a NBC site with cable/satellite details afaik. VPN isn't much help there, not sure about canada.

being able to watch whatever game you want is common enough, apart from in the UK & Ireland. swedish & nordic countries are others where you can watch online, probably other euro countries too but extra gravy mentioned the best i think, beIN sports (formally al jazera) they've a lot of football & other sports too, though i think not long ago some had issues with a particular VPN, it should work through them

i used one of the other paid sites (illegal) and found it pretty good, more reliable and better quality than free streams

• Advertisement

Skybox f5 lads. Forget streaming, way too unreliable.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,277 ✭✭✭batistuta9

what do have on the that just sky/BT?

streams are actually alright if you're on a good one - the paid sites usually - and i'd think most of the legal ones are of better quality than the free ones too

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 149 ✭✭Chris The Hacker

What is it?

What is it?

I had to google it myelf looks like a good old dodgie box damn I miss them things no 130 a month for sky back then :(.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,128 ✭✭✭✭Oranage2

Totally off topic lads but just wondering how many players in our currant squad would get into our invincibles team?? I can only think of 1 or 2 to be honest.

Good question:

I'd have Sagna over Lauren but that's about it, though Lauren did have excellent leadership and hard man quality that sag doesn't have.

I'd still have kolo of back then over any of our centre backs, he was an absolute beast for us, gcouldn't take where is is now away from how good he actually was.

I'd also have Silva over any of our mids, ramsey goes close but I think he needs another season of this performance to be considered.

Ljungberg would be one of my all time favourites but walcott could push him close for a spot. I'd still much rather Freddy but I'd imagine it to be closer that what we think.

Of all the players past since then I reckon only Fabregas and RVP would make the starting eleven .

• Advertisement

Fulham Liverpool on Slovak sport 1.
    Arsenal United on Slovak sport 2.

9.60 a month... can't beat it :D

Oranage2 wrote: »
    Good question:

I'd have Sagna over Lauren but that's about it, though Lauren did have excellent leadership and hard man quality that sag doesn't have.

I'd still have kolo of back then over any of our centre backs, he was an absolute beast for us, gcouldn't take where is is now away from how good he actually was.

I'd also have Silva over any of our mids, ramsey goes close but I think he needs another season of this performance to be considered.

Ljungberg would be one of my all time favourites but walcott could push him close for a spot. I'd still much rather Freddy but I'd imagine it to be closer that what we think.

Of all the players past since then I reckon only Fabregas and RVP would make the starting eleven .

Agree on a lot of that but would have BFG ahead of Kolo every day of the week.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 35,514 ✭✭✭✭efb

Every evening mon-fri. And I've been at gym a fair few times this season rather than watch a big game. It's my coping mechanism!

You must be ripped. I find chocolate a better coping mechanism... Will Arsenal get a trophy before I get diabetes.. :P

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,428 ✭✭✭.jacksparrow.

West ham have kept the most clean sheets this season, Wtf???

Were in second.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,243 ✭✭✭symbolic

Streaming services like bein sports are reliable, it's like a Sports Netflix.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 26,458 ✭✭✭✭gandalf

I'm not posting in the match thread until after the match. I posted before the match on Saturday and look what happened!

• Registered Users Posts: 6,333 ✭✭✭bad2dabone

gandalf wrote: »
    I'm not posting in the match thread until after the match. I posted before the match on Saturday and look what happened!

grrrr its all your fault we lost 5-1!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,573 ✭✭✭2ndcoming

Looking in the match thread, it's funny how nearly all the neutrals and most of the United fans are predicting an Arsenal win, and all the Arsenal fans are predicting a defeat. I know we've been stung a lot in the past, but we are a negative bunch nowadays, aren't we?!

3-1 Arsenal. COYG!

2ndcoming wrote: »
    Looking in the match thread, it's funny how nearly all the neutrals and most of the United fans are predicting an Arsenal win, and all the Arsenal fans are predicting a defeat. I know we've been stung a lot in the past, but we are a negative bunch nowadays, aren't we?!

3-1 Arsenal. COYG!

I think the Liverpool match knocked nearly everyone's confidence plus United are a bogey team for we haven't beat them in years.

Debating whether to go into work late tonight, the worst Liverpool fan I have ever met the worst football fan I have ever met is finishing as I'm starting :o.

Im nervous about the match tonight already. Almost has a cup final kind of feel to it for me

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement