Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Arsenal Talk/Gossip/Rumours Thread 2013/14 mod warning post #5144

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,205 ✭✭✭Gringo180

2ndcoming wrote: »
    but we are a negative bunch nowadays, aren't we?!

For good reason.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,480 ✭✭✭✭cson

Yep, United have had a bit of a hoodoo over us.

Last win I remember was Ramsey's comeback strike a couple of years ago.

• Users Awaiting Email Confirmation Posts: 15,001 ✭✭✭✭Pepe LeFrits

I'd have Koscielny over Toure, Sagna over Lauren, Ozil over 2003/04 Bergkamp and Walcott over Ljungberg.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,480 ✭✭✭✭cson

I'd have Koscielny over Toure, Sagna over Lauren, Ozil over 2003/04 Bergkamp and Walcott over Ljungberg.

Mad Jens over Woj too as much as I love the Pole.

• Users Awaiting Email Confirmation Posts: 15,001 ✭✭✭✭Pepe LeFrits

cson wrote: »
    Mad Jens over Woj too as much as I love the Pole.
    I agree, but I was only mentioning the members of the current crop that I'd have over the Invincibles!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,243 ✭✭✭symbolic

Gringo180 wrote: »
    For good reason.

Hopefully the players are a bit more positive :-)

• Registered Users Posts: 5,756 ✭✭✭emergingstar

Have the night off work, can't wait for this

If we loose tonight even though we will be only 3? Of top, but I will be writing us off completely if that happens

• Registered Users Posts: 3,487 ✭✭✭ronjo

I think the Liverpool match knocked nearly everyone's confidence plus United are a bogey team for we haven't beat them in years.

Debating whether to go into work late tonight, the worst Liverpool fan I have ever met the worst football fan I have ever met is finishing as I'm starting :o.

I am shuddering thinking about that. We all know bad ones...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,224 ✭✭✭✭Marty McFly

ronjo wrote: »
    I am shuddering thinking about that. We all know bad ones...

This lad is shocking I work with United fans, Chelsea fans, Spurs fans etc and nearly all of them refuse to talk football with this one Liverpool supporter he is that bad.

I'm also working alongside two United fans tonight so I could be in for a long night if things go pear shaped again :o.

We should be beating this United team though and with extra incentive to go back top the team should have all the motivation they need.

• Advertisement

This lad is shocking I work with United fans, Chelsea fans, Spurs fans etc and nearly all of them refuse to talk football with this one Liverpool supporter he is that bad.

I'm also working alongside two United fans tonight so I could be in for a long night if things go pear shaped again :o.

We should be beating this United team though and with extra incentive to go back top the team should have all the motivation they need.

Majority of my mates would be United fans.
    One Liverpool fan I know through a mate wouldnt accept United were the better team even by late 90s.
    He was about the worst I have come across.

I watched the game with a Pool fan on Saturday and he was grand. Was chuckling a lot but thats absolutely fair enough.

• Registered Users Posts: 822 ✭✭✭Pudders

I'm finishing work in 10 minutes. Heading to the pub after lunch. I'll be seeing double by match time.

I feel very nervous about this match. A win and the disaster of Saturday is forgotten.

And despite United being a bogey am for us.

However, this is the worst United team we have faced in years; they are shot of confidence; and other than their attacking trio, there is no-one to fear on that team.

Ozil to sparkle. COYG!

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 4,664 Mod ✭✭✭✭Hyzepher

It's funny how results can have an influence on things ;)

Straight after the Liverpool game we were all contemplating a struggle to keep in touch. Then City and Chelsea drop points and the loss to Liverpool is a nett -1. A win tonight and we will be top after both games - now don't tell me that every Arsenal supporter wouldn't have taken that beforehand.

We need to capitalise of this and make sure that we at least put in a performance we can be proud of. Nothing else is acceptable regardless of the result (I would take a scrappy 1-0 win however)

We have nothing to fear but we do need to be more decisive in the final third. Despite Utd's lack of form they will still restrict us to a handful of opportunities and we just wont get the luxury of playing the ball around sideways. Exploit their weaknesses and get behind them. Restrict their opportunities to attack on the wings and do some man-marking for a change

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,083 ✭✭✭DenMan

For some reason I can see Fulham containing SAS tonight!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,589 ✭✭✭Awesomeness

DenMan wrote: »
    For some reason I can see Fulham containing SAS tonight!
    Everytime I read "SAS" I cringe

Everytime I read "SAS" I cringe

It's even more cringeworthy when pundits start throwing it around.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,984 ✭✭✭Soups123

Not comfident tonight for obvious reasons. Two teams badly need to not get beat so I'm thinking a draw.

Not great but would also mean we are only a point behind.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,435 ✭✭✭wandatowell

Getting very excited about tonight.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,553 ✭✭✭Spanish Johnny

En route to the Emirates. Dunno am I excited about that or the game!

Shocking conditions where I am. Genuinely could impact the game and probably at our expense. Not trying to benegative but these things have to be factored in!!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,569 ✭✭✭Nemeses2050

Shocking conditions where I am. Genuinely could impact the game and probably at our expense. Not trying to benegative but these things have to be factored in!!

good man...

You mean weather wise?

good man...

You mean weather wise?

Yes sorry for the lack of clarity!

• Advertisement

Yes sorry for the lack of clarity!

Tell us more about how you are going to the game.

Fcuker :D:D

• Registered Users Posts: 1,569 ✭✭✭Nemeses2050

Emirates pitch is one of the best - so hopefully weather won't have much effect on our game. But we need to start on the front foot right from the go.

Tell us more about how you are going to the game.

Fcuker :D:D

Red member - loads of tickets still available as of last night too on ticket exchange!

Thinking since-given the weather its gonna be a battle. Surely to god we are better equipped for that in terms of more to play for, as much to prove, desire and a home crowd??

Red member - loads of tickets still available as of last night too on ticket exchange!

Thinking since-given the weather its gonna be a battle. Surely to god we are better equipped for that in terms of more to play for, as much to prove, desire and a home crowd??

I lived in London the first year we moved into Emirates and got to quite a few games as red member.
    Havent been over since a crappy 1-1 draw at home to Boro when we drew about 4 in a row in early 2008 blowing our chances of title.

Would like if Flamini was available to get stuck in early on and get the crowd pumped up.

I lived in London the first year we moved into Emirates and got to quite a few games as red member.
    Havent been over since a crappy 1-1 draw at home to Boro when we drew about 4 in a row in early 2008 blowing our chances of title.

Would like if Flamini was available to get stuck in early on and get the crowd pumped up.

That Boro game was our 30th of the season that year and we had only lost 1 game at that stage........ bloody hell, I didnt remember that.

If the winds bad, it could really affect their crossing though...

...:pac:

If the winds bad, it could really affect their crossing though...

Jasus never thought of that they might actually manage to cross to one there own players if the wind catches it :eek:.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 9,425 ✭✭✭FearDark

Well balls. The power in the town is gone which means the gym is closed! I'll have to watch the match now :o

Jasus never thought of that they might actually manage to cross to one there own players if the wind catches it :eek:.

Or see one sailing in over Szczneys head...

NEED SOME POSITIVITY !

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 9,425 ✭✭✭FearDark

Fun fact. I've seen Chelsea play 10 times more than I've seen Arsenal play and I haven't been over since Highbury :o

• Advertisement

That Boro game was our 30th of the season that year and we had only lost 1 game at that stage........ bloody hell, I didnt remember that.

Jeez never realised that stat. Only 1 loss at that stage?? If any team had that this year they would get home and dry!

Jeez never realised that stat. Only 1 loss at that stage?? If any team had that this year they would get home and dry!

We had 63 points from 26 games......... 8 more than this season !

Is it on BT or Sky?

Is it on BT or Sky?

BT

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 52,456 ✭✭✭✭tayto lover

If the winds bad

Would it be something you ate ?:D:D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,264 ✭✭✭✭jester77

FearDark wrote: »
    Well balls. The power in the town is gone which means the gym is closed! I'll have to watch the match now :o

Where you living that there is no power :eek:
    Go down and demand they open, don't fear the dark :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,435 ✭✭✭wandatowell

Ditto same here this morning. Bought myself a lovely pair of running shorts and my first really good (read expensive) pair of running shoes. Bloody gym had no power.

• Registered Users Posts: 822 ✭✭✭Pudders

The weather is ridiculous in Islington but not as bad as Ireland sounds. It is going to be a wet windy miserable evening.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,183 ✭✭✭UnknownSpecies

That Boro game was my first at the Emirates :D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,573 ✭✭✭2ndcoming

We had 63 points from 26 games......... 8 more than this season !

That'll be 5 more after we win tonight!

2ndcoming wrote: »
    That'll be 5 more after we win tonight!

Well yes of course :D

dorgasm wrote: »
    That Boro game was my first at the Emirates :D

JONAH!!!!!!!

You cost us the league

:D

• Registered Users Posts: 2,589 ✭✭✭Awesomeness

Off to the pub to get a few in and try to relax before kick off. Biggest game of the year for us so far.

Win and we still have a great shout lose and - ah I cant even think about losing.

COYG

• Registered Users Posts: 6,333 ✭✭✭bad2dabone

Fun fact. I've seen Chelsea play 10 times more than I've seen Arsenal play and I haven't been over since Highbury :o

that's not a fun fact!

we should organise a boards day trip over to the emirates.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,428 ✭✭✭.jacksparrow.

I was at that game, disaster!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,216 ✭✭✭Looper007

It needs to be a top performance tonight, professional and to the point. No silly mistakes or silly sending offs. Plus get in their faces from the first minute to the last.

I got to admit I'm not as confident about this game could see UTD and Van Persie Rooney and Mata turning it up and ripping us to pieces. Our defence has to give a season best performance tonight and Giroud and our midfield need to do the same. Even though it's not a super strong UTD team they still have top players that could punish us. I'm going for a drab 0-0 tonight. Hope i'm wrong and Arsenal win.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,428 ✭✭✭.jacksparrow.

Just don't concede in the first 5 mins. United are obviously gonna come out all guns blazing like liverpool, just weather the storm, settle in then play our game.

Weather update! No rain for a while so has improved a lot. Gusty. Wind into North Bank from what I can judge!

Rosicky and Gibbs in. COYG!!!

Feeling very confident with that team

COYG!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,083 ✭✭✭DenMan

Supremely confident! Come on Arsenal!!!

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement