Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Arsenal Talk/Gossip/Rumours Thread 2013/14 mod warning post #5144

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,183 ✭✭✭UnknownSpecies

#Arsenal team to play Man United: Szczesny, Sagna, Mertesacker, Koscielny, Gibbs, Arteta, Wilshere, Rosicky, Ozil, Cazorla, Giroud

Subs: Fabianski, Monreal, Jenkinson, Oxlade-Chamberlain, Sanogo, Podolski, Bendtner

*Just in case somebody didn't check the match thread.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,751 ✭✭✭✭AdamD

Other teams have taken it to United and reaped the benefits. This team are scared.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,752 ✭✭✭Mr Blobby

The more I watch Giroud... The more I see we need a Striker with pace.

After the Liverpool shambles id have biten your hand off for a tight 1-0 win over United. I still would. Awful awful stuff so far. Making a very slow and dodgy defence play at a pace they are more then comfortable with

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,238 ✭✭✭Ardennes1944

So how we playing lads? The gf doesn't have Sky or BT :(

• Registered Users Posts: 1,569 ✭✭✭Nemeses2050

too slow and Wilshere/Arteta losing the ball good few times

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,435 ✭✭✭wandatowell

Mr Blobby wrote: »

Theo is our man but he's too injury prone to be relied and Arsene isn't going to pay out millions for a bench warmer when we have theo fit.

Very annoying when you look at what City and Chelsea have at their disposal.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,428 ✭✭✭.jacksparrow.

It's simple just no pace up front.

The gf doesn't have Sky or BT :(

Time to move her on I'm afraid pal

• Registered Users Posts: 1,065 ✭✭✭MaxPower89

Mr Blobby wrote: »

Or someone who can head the ball? Bendtner would have done better with the chances he got.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,205 ✭✭✭Gringo180

Does anybody feel like smashing there telly up watching us try pass the ball through the eye of a needle, or have I got issues?? :D

• Registered Users Posts: 6,333 ✭✭✭bad2dabone

Gringo180 wrote: »
    Does anybody feel like smashing there telly up watching us try pass the ball through the eye of a needle, or have I got issues?? :D

i'm with you buddy

or move in with her and pay for it yourself you miserable git :pac:

bad2dabone wrote: »
    i'm with you buddy

Head wrecking to know we are basically 1 or 2 players away from being the top dogs in Engand again :( Its been like this how many years now?

Bayern a ripping hamburg apart tonight 4-0 away.

I have to say it:

I was right about Giroud. Not good enough.

Jack's been poor mind so I'm 1/2

Go on Fulham

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 29,118 ✭✭✭✭Quazzie

If I was Podolski I'd be into Wenger's office tonight with a transfer request.

Not happy at all, far far too defensive. 0 confidence in this team doing anything of note.

• Advertisement

bull$hit of the highest order

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 9,425 ✭✭✭FearDark

TOOTHLESS

Jack ****e, giroud ****e, rosicky ****e.

Wenger could have surely found someone with a bit of pace in January.

• Registered Users Posts: 491 ✭✭flyingoutside

Awful performance. just awful.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,038 ✭✭✭Barlett

They lacked ideas tonight...I think they've ran out of steam...its a while now since they played really well and the lack of another option up front is really starting to hurt now

Jack ****e, giroud ****e, rosicky ****e.

Wenger could have surely found someone with a bit of pace in January.

I disagree there. I thought he showed great urgency. Far more then Santi or Jack.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,379 ✭✭✭Maire2009

Gutless, spineless, pathetic!

This lark of no one available in January is pure bs, anyone with a bit of pace would have done

Said it 2 days ago it would be 0-0. We wont score against any decent team that will press us and that play deep at the back. Were so predictable. Makes me sick that were just one player, a top class centre forward short of winning this league. Always the same, we will buy a centre forward in the summer and lose a few of our best players and were back to square one in been a few short!!! GUTTED!!

Serious serious mental block when it comes to sides like Utd, Chelsea, City etc.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,216 ✭✭✭Looper007

AdamD wrote: »
    I have to say it:

I was right about Giroud. Not good enough.

Jack's been poor mind so I'm 1/2

Yeah tonight just showed we lack any kind of pace and skill upfront.
    Everything's so narrow it's unbelievable. Vidic and Ferdinand both aging players and we haven't got one player with pace to get behind them.
    Wilshire was good as was Carzola at least thy tired to get something.
    Ozil was average again and Mikel shouldn't be a first teamer. The GK was excellent as was our defence.

But I knew it be a drab 0-0 simply cause we ain't good enough to break down the top teams.

• Advertisement

I dunno. I think she might have saved a good bit of his hair tonight to be honest (assuming the lad your replying too is not a baldy)

Not buying a Striker has really hurt us. Every team in the top4 has backup strikers they can use par us.

Ozil was probably are best attacker.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,711 ✭✭✭keano_afc

No stones again. Sick of it. Lack of a striker evident, and Wenger doesnt trust the bench. 2 windows and still no option up top. Shameful. At the end of the day, the worst United team in 20 years took 4 points off us.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,300 ✭✭✭HazDanz

That was just disheartening and stale.

Ozil was good and was trying hard. No complaints. He needed a striker who knew that you had to face the goal to actually score at some point in a match.

Wilshere second half was absolutely shocking. I thought he was supposed to be a big game player? Looks anything but that this season.

Arteta also terrible.

I disagree there. I thought he showed great urgency. Far more then Santi or Jack.

I counted 5 balls he gave straight back to United.

Anyone can run around with urgency, its what you do when you get the ball that counts

• Administrators, Computer Games Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 32,410 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Mickeroo

Quazzie wrote: »
    If I was Podolski I'd be into Wenger's office tonight with a transfer request.

Was tailor made for him to come on.

I was disgusted to see us passing it around the back during injury time there rather than going for a winner.

His passing was atrocious though

Whats up with Arsenal?

Is it just a case of us being way better than the poorer/**** teams and just barely being able to cope with a good team or what?

UTD were there for the taking twice this season and we have been utter muck both times.

Giroud had me pulling my hair out tonight.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,487 ✭✭✭ronjo

I must be alone but I didn't think it was too bad.

You could hear the crowd moan at the end with no urgency from our team. It was another miserable night.

• Advertisement

I counted 5 balls he gave straight back to United.

Anyone can run around with urgency, its what you do when you get the ball that counts

He made a few good passes too though. Jack standing like a statue not even making himself available the cocky little s***

Also fair play to Szczesny.
    He's been brillante this season and if it wasn't for him we'd have lost tonight's game.

I feel so sorry for Podolski, playing the donkey ahead of him frustrates the life out of me. And yes I meant donkey.

ronjo wrote: »
    I must be alone but I didn't think it was too bad.

It wasn't bad but it was way way too predictable. It didn't feel like we were going to break them down from the start. We have no pace in the team and our main striker isn't good enough. It was alright but should have been better.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,711 ✭✭✭keano_afc

And to think we refused to pay the money for Higuain. What a joke.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,462 ✭✭✭✭WoollyRedHat

The last minute or two when we need a goal or two and we pass it in our own half?WTF shameful stuff.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 13,018 ✭✭✭✭jank

Mentally were are ****ed for the rest of the season and Wenger knows it. Its the same story all the time. When there is no pressure and people write Arsenal off they go and do well, when the pressure is one usually this time of year, they crumple. The issue is with Wenger tbh, it must rub off the players.
    This time next week we will probably be out of the running in all competitions……again.

• Administrators, Computer Games Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 32,410 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Mickeroo

FearDark wrote: »
    I feel so sorry for Podolski, playing the donkey ahead of him frustrates the life out of me. And yes I meant donkey.

Who? Rosicky? Pod belongs on the left, should have been on instead of oxo, he offers nothing as a lone striker.

AdamD wrote: »
    His passing was atrocious though

One or two went astray i accept but he was at least trying to drive the game forward. There was easily 2 or 3 worse then him.

Fúcking Wenger anyway with his penny pinching. He didnt need to break the bank just get a lad in who can put the fúcking ball in the net on the cheap. We're sitting on a huge cash pile and his only signing was a 31 year old with a bad fúcking back. Im sick of it :mad:

• Advertisement

Im content with a point but the performance was very poor. Thats a worry.

Bayern won 5 nothing tonight

http://www1.skysports.com/football/live/match/306822

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement