Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Arsenal Talk/Gossip/Rumours Thread 2013/14 mod warning post #5144

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,516 ✭✭✭jonneymendoza

I'm fuming. That was a **** performance. Utter pants. Hate it.wasted my money and time. Freezing cold as well. Not happy

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,819 ✭✭✭EuropeanSon

ronjo wrote: »
    One point mate.

Oops, yeah, my mistake. Guess you could say two though, with City's goal difference.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,828 ✭✭✭gosplan

jank wrote: »
    Run ins where we are fighting for 4th, when was the last time we had a serious serious run in for the league? 2007-2008 and we all know what happened there…

United were happy with the draw, I cannot for the life of me think that Arsenal would be happy with a draw against a mid table team. Chelsea beat them at home, City destroyed them, Liverpool beat them, Spurs did them at their place. Total lack of ambition I think. The Wenger of old would have gone for the juggler.

I am just angry at the mentality of the team after being beaten by such a fashion by Liverpool. No confidence there tonight to finish United off, never mind the debacle of the transfer window. It is like one step forwards, two steps back for Wenger the last few years. Is anyone actually serious that Arsenal are going to be in the running come April/May? Hand on heart? I think even Wenger does not believe it and that is the core of the problem.

The sack wenger and we can get back to killing jugglers

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,462 ✭✭✭✭WoollyRedHat

Can I just mention a couple of points?

Flamster will be back for the next game against Sunderland.

We will have Ramsey back for the run in that starts with Tottenham on the 16th of March.

We will also have Kallstrom possibly(hopefully) available by then too.

We have all our defenders fit, and our keeper is top top class.

In my opinion, we have time to turn this around. Let's keep the faith.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 29,119 ✭✭✭✭Quazzie

gosplan wrote: »
    Quazzie, nothing personal intended but your interpretation above is about as negative as you can put a spin on it.

the result keeps us in second. City have a game in hand, they are not top.

And given it's one point up to Chelsea and three back to Liverpool, it leaves everyone battling with an-in form Liverpool. The advantage is the other two teams involved still have to play them.

Tonight I might be guilty of being only able to see the negatives after that performance. Liverpool winning late really added the cherry on top.

Hopefully a decent win over the mackems will restore some belief.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,300 ✭✭✭HazDanz

Hyzepher wrote: »
    Before you guys go to sleep tonight just have one thought

1 point off the top.

Not 11 off 4th.

From a PL perspective we have winnable games coming up and the others have some tough games - not to mention City who will have a bit of a fixture congestion.

1 off the top.
    I'm fuming. That was a **** performance. Utter pants. Hate it.wasted my money and time. Freezing cold as well. Not happy

I lol'd seeing these two posts together! :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 26,458 ✭✭✭✭gandalf

Giroud is a confidence player. If his confidence was up I reckon he would have scored tonight. He like a lot of the team are not confident at the moment. Also we really need to get some shots on target from outside the goal. We're playing the ball around too much without creating any real threat.

The only bright point is the teams around us are bleeding silly points as well. We're still in the hunt.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,300 ✭✭✭HazDanz

It's great battling for the league must be said compared to years gone by.

Just fcuk me so frustrating watching these games lately.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,065 ✭✭✭MaxPower89

We had a few chances this evening, but they all fell to Giroud, who looks like he wouldnt score if we played for a week at the moment. For a big target man he is pretty poor in the air. A top class striker might have gotten us the goal we needed tonight.

Wenger's refusal to give Bendtner a chance is disappointing, even Podolski the last 10 mins would have helped.

It was all in front of Vidic and Rio tonight, played into their hands.

Little bit the handbrake once again...

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,756 ✭✭✭emergingstar

Win the next 3 and with players back it really is game on

This team will change when Ramsey is back

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,012 ✭✭✭✭Alfred Borden

Win the next 3 and with players back it really is game on

This team will change when Ramsey is back

Although im very disheartened at the minute i totally agree with this, If we can get 9 points, ramsey could fire us all the way.

Raf32 wrote: »
    Although im very disheartened at the minute i totally agree with this, If we can get 9 points, ramsey could fire us all the way.

He opens up all our game, just hope he can get back up to speed fast

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,216 ✭✭✭Looper007

We're only 1 point off the top, so it's not a total disaster really. The big games have been a disappointment for me cause we look so average. But hopefully we can continue on beating teams we should beat then hopefully add in one or two big wins. I'm not that downhearted by tonight.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 13,018 ✭✭✭✭jank

ronjo wrote: »
    Thanks for totally ignoring everything I wrote.
    Imagine that, we have done rubbish against the other teams at the top.
    We must be ten points off the lead. Oh right, we are one ****ing point off the lead.
    How is this possible?

It is possible because we caught the other teams on the hop earlier in the season. Chelsea and Man City seems to have gotten their act together lately. Hand on heart do you think we will win the league?
    Next year it will only get harder.

TBH im more upset with the liverpool and spurs scores than ours, dont like them getting so close to us with our distraction in the champions league.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 52,456 ✭✭✭✭tayto lover

Totally disappointed with that.
    We were set up by Wenger not to lose against a poor team. No ambition.
    Big failure from Wenger.
    Only two men in the box for most of our crosses.
    Not good enough.
    Very angry now. Missed a great chance.
    Loads of shots from ridiculous areas disguise a poor game plan.
    Although only a point behind we are only playing for top 4.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,984 ✭✭✭Soups123

Dreadful game

But a point of first at this stage I will take that all day long.

Beat Pool the weekend and things look really good. Form is temp class permanent

TBH im more upset with the liverpool and spurs scores than ours, dont like them getting so close to us with our distraction in the champions league.

Don't mentioned them teams or they will be invading the thread telling us how shît we are and how good they are :):)

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 13,018 ✭✭✭✭jank

gosplan wrote: »
    The sack wenger and we can get back to killing jugglers

So where did I say we should sack the manager. Is the manger exempt from criticism and any such criticism amounts to calls to sack him. Yeahhh, lets not discuss a thing then, all is good and Arsenal will win it all...

Our "big" games in the league left are all in London except Everton.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 6,924 ✭✭✭wonderfullife

1 point off top, clean sheet (important after Liverpool), next 3 games = Sunderland, Swansea, Stoke ....

...and the lot of you are acting like someone robbed your gaf while the match was on.

Calm down!

Chelsea have got Everton and 2 London derbies up next, Fulham and Spurs.

And having lived in London there's no love lost with chelsea and fulham local rivals, always a tough game.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,487 ✭✭✭ronjo

jank wrote: »
    It is possible because we caught the other teams on the hop earlier in the season. Chelsea and Man City seems to have gotten their act together lately. Hand on heart do you think we will win the league?
    Next year it will only get harder.

I don't think we will win it but since City started their mini slump a few weeks ago and with their backlog building I am actually more confident then I was a couple of weeks ago.

Chelsea hung on for a point last night at west brom. City haven't scored in two games.
    We arent the only ones struggling and have now got two tough fixtures out of the way

They will be more dropped points along the way from every team

Gonna be an intriguing finish to the season

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,480 ✭✭✭✭cson

Really missing players on the flanks to get in behind teams. We're easily pressed by teams now (Liverpool match naturally sticks out) because we've no one to make runs in behind. Reminded me of the Nasri - Hleb - Cesc tippy tappy ****e around the box and from side to side there tonight.

Disheartening. Really feel we need to beat Liverpool on Sunday now.

Our "big" games in the league left are all in London except Everton.

That was a big game tonight and we failed miserably.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,500 ✭✭✭Fuzzy_Dunlop

Really wanted to win this beforehand but not as upset right now as I thought I would be with dropping more points. It's disappointing we couldn't really show a cutting edge and take the opportunity to go top again, but at the end of the day we're still only a point off the top and I'm confident we can pick up points in the next few games.

This game once again highlighted how much we're crying out for pacey runners up top. Really missing Walcott.

I also thought Ozil was very very good tonight.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,428 ✭✭✭.jacksparrow.

Really wanted to win this beforehand but not as upset right now as I thought I would be with dropping more points. It's disappointing we couldn't really show a cutting edge and take the opportunity to go top again, but at the end of the day we're still only a point off the top and I'm confident we can pick up points in the next few games.

This game once again highlighted how much we're crying out for pacey runners up top. Really missing Walcott.

I also thought Ozil was very very good tonight.

But can you see our performances improving drastically?

Just sense a few frustrating draws are too come.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,128 ✭✭✭✭Oranage2

Well we created very little, moment of the match was the Sycez save. Absolute top class!

A bit disappointed, arsenal really needed the win. A draw was probably fair if not a little flattering.

Wish the sunderland game was this weekend, cup an unwanted distraction at this stage.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,569 ✭✭✭Nemeses2050

Mickeroo wrote: »
    Was tailor made for him to come on.

I was disgusted to see us passing it around the back during injury time there rather than going for a winner.

+1,

It just sums up our week, Instead of feckin putting the ball in the box we're passing to each other...

• Advertisement

Oranage2 wrote: »
    Well we created very little, moment of the match was the Sycez save. Absolute top class!

A bit disappointed, arsenal really needed the win. A draw was probably fair if not a little flattering.

Both managers waved the white flag before the game. Cowardly.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 26,458 ✭✭✭✭gandalf

The only definite from tonight is United are not going to finish in the top 4. If they want CL they will have to win it. They may not even make the Europa.

Heres hoping Ramsay is back for the Tottenham game in mid March!

• Administrators, Computer Games Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 32,410 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Mickeroo

But can you see our performances improving drastically?

Just sense a few frustrating draws are too come.

We should still put away the smaller teams at least, the frustrating style of play has been par the course for nearly 2 months now and we've drawn very few games.

From our point of view there is just no excuse. They were there for the taking. Just not good enough imo.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,382 ✭✭✭✭greendom

Players were tentative too. A shame but understandable all the same

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,631 ✭✭✭✭Hank Scorpio

gandalf wrote: »
    Giroud is a confidence player.

With all the confidence in the world he's still not going to as effective as a pacy striker in that Arsenal setup who can turn with his back to goal or run in behind strikers. Coming from a United fan btw

Mickeroo wrote: »
    We should still put away the smaller teams at least, the frustrating style of play has been par the course for nearly 2 months now and we've drawn very few games.

When our confidence was high, now we look lost and minus Theo and Ramsey.

If we went all out at the end and conceded on the break this thread Eould be in uproar

No pleasing some people

If we went all out at the end and conceded on the break this thread Eould be in uproar

No pleasing some people

Course there is.

Just win and were happy!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,984 ✭✭✭Soups123

Wish the sunderland game was this weekend, cup an unwanted distraction at this stage.

No way.

Some Arsenal fans really underestimate how much a success is needed, FA Cup is huge and really winnable this year

• Registered Users Posts: 6,333 ✭✭✭bad2dabone

i can understand the pragmatism of the performance, united can still hurt a team, as van persie's header that was saved showed. however i think we've seen this evening that we will come up short where it matters without a pacey striker.

i'm disappointed, and for the first time in a while i don't believe that we're realistic challengers at the moment.

I'm starting to be like "maybe next year" but i feel we won't end up with a top striker over the summer.

Still in our hands boys i suppose, win all 12 games and we are champions, nothing anyone can do about it!

Course there is.

Just win and were happy!

If only it was that easy

We put in great effort

Biased the second half and created a few decent chances

We're lacking quailty in the final third that's about it

bad2dabone wrote: »
    i can understand the pragmatism of the performance, united can still hurt a team, as van persie's header that was saved showed. however i think we've seen this evening that we will come up short where it matters without a pacey striker.

i'm disappointed, and for the first time in a while i don't believe that we're realistic challengers at the moment.

I'm starting to be like "maybe next year" but i feel we won't end up with a top striker over the summer.

We will but will probably loose some players like most seasons and end up a played short to challenge.

If only it was that easy

We put in great effort

Biased the second half and created a few decent chances

We're lacking quailty in the final third that's about it

Its not no but dooable as spurs pool Chelsea man city stoke etc have showed this season.

• Advertisement

greendom wrote: »
    Players were tentative too. A shame but understandable all the same

It might be understandable for you but I don't understand it at all.
    We should have gone for the jugular from the start but the team selection had draw written all over it.
    No ambition from Wenger.
    A slow defensive selection in my opinion.
    It was like a team selected for an away fixture at an in-form United.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,224 ✭✭✭✭Marty McFly

nuxxx wrote: »
    With all the confidence in the world he's still not going to as effective as a pacy striker in that Arsenal setup who can turn with his back to goal or run in behind strikers. Coming from a United fan btw

Agreed I know a lot go on about his link up play but we have the players for that already he is playing CF and offers very little.

Link up play at times is brilliant but doesn't outweigh the fact he has no pace, can't head the ball, is a poor finisher and doesn't make enough intelligent runs.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,183 ✭✭✭UnknownSpecies

Liverpool only 3 points behind us now too. If we reckon we're still in with a shout then they could probably say the same after the recent results of the top 3.

On the subject of Giroud. He did miss some chances that simply HAD to be finished tonight but I'm willing to forgive him. He has a very tough job up there on his own. When he holds it up, the players around him aren't doing good enough to make runs in behind or create space for him to do something meaningful with the ball. It's also not his fault that we lack so much pace. He's not a pacey player and he's not being played for his pace so I think it's a unfair if he's criticised for that aspect of his game. It's been said a hundred times but we are crying out for a Walcott in those types of games. Even giving Podolski a half hour along with Ox might have been all we needed tonight. I feel Giroud just needs for one of those chances in a big game to go in for him and we'll see his confidence soar along with more goals.

Its not no but dooable as spurs pool Chelsea man city stoke etc have showed this season.

Chelsea couldn't beat went brom yesterday every game is different

I thought that was a good performance we need more quailty though

Chelsea couldn't beat went brom yesterday every game is different

I thought that was a good performance we need more quailty though

We couldn't beat west brom either.

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement