Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Arsenal Talk/Gossip/Rumours Thread 2013/14 mod warning post #5144

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,553 ✭✭✭Spanish Johnny

Predictions for tonight?

2-1 to the away team.

Advantage Arsenal in the Premier League race.

Hopefully. Most likely score if we win I think. I'd take a terrible 1-0 right now. I have the feeling much of this game might be like the last 20 minutes of the Villa game. Hope Im very wrong.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 52,408 ✭✭✭✭tayto lover

Southampton play a nice open attacking game.
    We'll pick them off on the break.
    2 nil to the Gunners. Giroud for first goal.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,478 ✭✭✭ronjo

I am with this.
    One goal in each half after Southampton throw everything at us at start of second half.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,128 ✭✭✭✭Oranage2

ronjo wrote: »
    What are you talking about??

Didnt Mourihno say we pick and choose the easiest fixture dates?

I'll admit I did like Jose when he first arrived, but now I think he's a bit of a joke, he talks a lot of rubbish ie. "Sorry I didn't make mata a better player" and the wenger stuff too. He Also plays one of the worst styles of football in the league, how everyone still loves him is beyond me.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,224 ✭✭✭✭Marty McFly

Oranage2 wrote: »
    I'll admit I did like Jose when he first arrived, but now I think he's a bit of a joke, he talks a lot of rubbish ie. "Sorry I didn't make mata a better player" and the wenger stuff too. He Also plays one of the worst styles of football in the league, how everyone still loves him is beyond me.

I think the people who do love him love him in the same way some people love Eamon Dunphy, they know they both talk out of there arse and spout a serious amount of crap but love them for it.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,478 ✭✭✭ronjo

Oranage2 wrote: »

Pellegrini probably doesnt think a whole lot of him either which I am glad to see and he doesnt really have any other manager to lick up to like before.

I don't think they are that open at all. They press high up and keep it very compact. Our creative and light players struggle badly against us. I think we will hit Giroud long a lot today. I think he is our most important asset tonight.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,752 ✭✭✭Mr Blobby

No match of the day tonight?

Mr Blobby wrote: »
    No match of the day tonight?

Tomorrow night after all fixtures have been played.

John Cross ‏@johncrossmirror 27s Down on South coast for Southampton v Arsenal. Awful weather. Rain and freezing temperatures. Saints missing a few, Arsenal need a win.

Won't like that!!

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 10,402 Mod ✭✭✭✭CatInABox

Not sure if this was posted already. Good to see Gnabry getting some proper play time.

#Arsenal team to play Southampton: Szczesny, Sagna, Mertesacker, Koscielny, Monreal, Arteta, Flamini, Ozil, Cazorla, Gnabry, Giroud #SFCvAFC

#Arsenal subs: Fabianski, Vermaelen, Gibbs, Jenkinson, Oxlade-Chamberlain, Podolski, Bendtner #SFCvAFC

• Users Awaiting Email Confirmation Posts: 15,001 ✭✭✭✭Pepe LeFrits

Would rather see Poldi in the starting eleven.

Not enamoured with an Arteta-Flamini midfield either but we're away from home I suppose.

CatInABox wrote: »
    Not sure if this was posted already. Good to see Gnabry getting some proper play time.

#Arsenal team to play Southampton: Szczesny, Sagna, Mertesacker, Koscielny, Monreal, Arteta, Flamini, Ozil, Cazorla, Gnabry, Giroud #SFCvAFC

#Arsenal subs: Fabianski, Vermaelen, Gibbs, Jenkinson, Oxlade-Chamberlain, Podolski, Bendtner #SFCvAFC

True but have to say I am disappointed Podolski isn't starting.

No Ramsey, Wilshere or Rosicky so had to be Flamini and Arteta.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,300 ✭✭✭HazDanz

True but have to say I am disappointed Podolski isn't starting.

No Ramsey, Wilshere or Rosicky so had to be Flamini and Arteta.

Ozil will have to link up well with Gnabry and Giroud tonight.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,589 ✭✭✭Awesomeness

Is wilshere injured?

Would rather see Poldi in the starting eleven.

Not enamoured with an Arteta-Flamini midfield either but we're away from home I suppose.

Both of them would be an asset if we score first I think.
    If we fall behind we could see one of them being subbed for an attacking player.

Is wilshere injured?

Ankle knock. Wenger's vagueness on Ramsey gives me a bad feeling. Meant to be back but he is out. Did not expand on time, etc.:( Really need Ramsey getting game time next Sunday so he is up to speed for the big games.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 9,425 ✭✭✭FearDark

Ozil has been quiet enough lately. This is the perfect game to shine though. Away to Southampton is just perfect. I fully expect a masterful performance.

Ankle knock. Wenger's vagueness on Ramsey gives me a bad feeling. Meant to be back but he is out. Did not expand on time, etc.:( Really need Ramsey getting game time next Sunday so he is up to speed for the big games.

Thought the same thing.
    Ramsey must be worse than reported even with Wenger reporting that he's back.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 630 ✭✭✭liamygunner29

Tricky fixture, no doubt about it. I would also prefer to see Podolski, seems a lot of fans feel the same. Really want him to make it at Arsenal, honestly think he has the quality so hopefully he takes his chance when it comes.

Big night tonight, essential to win these matches before the fixtures become obscene. Gonna drop a few inevitable points by the end of March, all the 3s we take in potentially tricky away matches are golden. Villa and Newcastle were 6 of the best we managed all season and 3 tonight would be equally satisfying and even more so-useful.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 5,428 ✭✭✭.jacksparrow.

Feel sorry for pod, should be really out there, Wenger isn't treating him great.

But he's the boss...

Thought the same thing.
    Ramsey must be worse than reported even with Wenger reporting that he's back.

Hopefully we are looking into it too much!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 23,570 ✭✭✭✭Frisbee

Have to echo what others have said in that I thought Podolski was due a start tonight and imo is probably more deserving of one than Gnabry imo.

Hopefully we are looking into it too much!

I saw pictures from the training ground the other day on Arsenal.com and there was no sign of him. I got worried as it was reported he was over his injury.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,205 ✭✭✭Gringo180

I like Podolski dont get me wrong but who would you rather he play instead of, we need Gnabry in the team as he offers us that bit of pace and Cazorla/Ozil can make something happen out of nothing.

Gringo180 wrote: »
    I like Podolski dont get me wrong but who would you rather he play instead of, we need Gnabry in the team as he offers us that bit of pace and Cazorla/Ozil can make something happen out of nothing.

While I agree to a point I think Podolski is more dangerous as he shoots on sight and poses more danger.
    It depends on what role Wenger gives Gnabry. I was impressed with his defensive side in the game before last.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 9,425 ✭✭✭FearDark

Maybe away to Southampton isn't the game to do it in but I'd love to see him play in Giroud's position for a game or two...I'm positive he'll get the chance looking at our fixture list. The man is pure quality and I don't want to see him leave the club without being given a chance to play in the position he was bought to play in.

• Administrators, Computer Games Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 32,409 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Mickeroo

I think fitness has something to do with Pod not starting, on top of that Cazorla has been doing well on the left lately so it could mess him up shifting him to the right to accommodate Pod.

Pod is a great option off the bench anyway so I'm happy enough with that team.

While I agree to a point I think Podolski is more dangerous as he shoots on sight and poses more danger.
    It depends on what role Wenger gives Gnabry. I was impressed with his defensive side in the game before last.

Gnabry will take on and beat his man and you can knock it in behind the defense and he will run onto it whereas Podolski likes it more into his feet and holds up the play a bit too much for a winger.

• Advertisement

FearDark wrote: »
    Maybe away to Southampton isn't the game to do it in but I'd love to see him play in Giroud's position for a game or two...I'm positive he'll get the chance looking at our fixture list. The man is pure quality and I don't want to see him leave the club without being given a chance to play in the position he was bought to play in.

To be fair he has been given the chance up top and hasn't cut the mustard at all as a lone front man. Cardiff the case in point and a lot of the games last year with Giroud out. Best position is LWF IMO.

To be fair he has been given the chance up top and hasn't cut the mustard at all as a lone front man. Cardiff the case in point and a lot of the games last year with Giroud out. Best position is LWF IMO.

I think he would work well playing in the hole just behind the main striker, any knock downs and he wouldnt be afraid to unleash one of those left footed thunder bolts. He has some smack of a ball.

• Administrators, Computer Games Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 32,409 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Mickeroo

Pod is anonymous when he plays up front alone, either play him on the left or else play him alongside Giroud but the Pod as a loan striker experiment can be a written off as a failure at this stage imo.

I think he would work well playing in the hole just behind the main striker, any knock downs and he wouldnt be afraid to unleash one of those left footed thunder bolts. He has some smack of a ball.

Reminds me a bit of meself years ago :D:D

• Registered Users Posts: 1,608 ✭✭✭cathalio11

Reminds me a bit of meself years ago :D:D

Dear God.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,573 ✭✭✭2ndcoming

Another big one tonight, come on you gunners!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,589 ✭✭✭Awesomeness

In bed with a beer at 4 in the morning. My love for arsenal knows no bounds

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 26,458 ✭✭✭✭gandalf

Yay German commentary :)

gandalf wrote: »
    Yay German commentary :)

Mine's Ukrainian.

English commentary. PM me if anyone wants a recipe.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,500 ✭✭✭Drexel

We have been truly awful so far

• Advertisement

We started very slowly.
    Some of them asleep.

jonny666 wrote: »

Yep Southampton closing us down very very quickly, hopefully they tire themselves out!

jonny666 wrote: »

Yup, par the course lately though. Slow starters these days.

What a block from Mert there!

Getting the run around here..

Very poor start.

FFS Santi. That was poor.

This reminds me of the Everton match.

Too many of our passes are going amiss!!

We would wanna wake up here rapid. Shockung performance so far cant string a few passes together.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,300 ✭✭✭HazDanz

No pressing. Not sure what our game plan is.

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement