Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Arsenal Talk/Gossip/Rumours Thread 2013/14 mod warning post #5144

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,478 ✭✭✭✭gnfnrhead

Wont happen and wouldnt want it to happen either. Had van Persie been willing to wait another year or two he would have been in an amazing position. But he was too impatient and too self absorbed to repay the faith we had shown in him. Would rather Adebayor back before van Persie.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,083 ✭✭✭DenMan

Surely he'd have to take a wage cut!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,382 ✭✭✭✭greendom

DenMan wrote: »
    Surely he'd have to take a wage cut!

Actually, if he'd be prepared to be a bench warmer as back up to our star man (whoever he may be ) that may be acceptable

• Registered Users Posts: 1,990 ✭✭✭wawaman

greendom wrote: »
    Actually, if he'd be prepared to be a bench warmer as back up to our star man (whoever he may be ) that may be acceptable

Bendtner !!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,012 ✭✭✭✭Alfred Borden

its absolute lies, he has never got anything right. Said in the same podcast messi to psg :pac:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,187 ✭✭✭GeorgeBailey

I'll take anyone back if they'll score a heap of goals. Problem with Van Persie is that his best days are nearly gone if not alread gone.

ETA: That's not bitterness talking either, a striker in his 30s is generally past his best.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,553 ✭✭✭Spanish Johnny

1. DC ‏@DeanLDN22 5m
      Tancredi reporting Wenger met RvP's agent on the 28th of Jan in London? Funny that considering Wenger was in Southampton with the squad.
      Expand

2. Hertsmere-20110102-00271_bigger.jpgDarren ‏@DarrenArsenal1 3m
      @DeanLDN22 Its 100% rubbish.

1. DC ‏@DeanLDN22 5m
      Tancredi reporting Wenger met RvP's agent on the 28th of Jan in London? Funny that considering Wenger was in Southampton with the squad.
      Expand

2. Hertsmere-20110102-00271_bigger.jpgDarren ‏@DarrenArsenal1 3m
      @DeanLDN22 Its 100% rubbish.

Ahh yes but I remember they were delayed into Southampton. Perhaps the meeting went on longer than expected in London ;)

greendom wrote: »
    Ahh yes but I remember they were delayed into Southampton. Perhaps the meeting went on longer than expected in London ;)

Van Persie cost us two more points so!

Won't happen but not impossible. Probably much more realistic than a Cavani type signing.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,277 ✭✭✭batistuta9

If you watched Sky Sports News 30 minutes ago you wouldn't say that! Also we have said some aspects - not all and I think that is accurate.

Furthermore as I said since we are speaking about Mourinho as a manager. We judge him in that context. It's not a personal attack. In this context of being judged as a manager I believe the comments here are accurate and justified. It's Mourinho who has in the past got personal with people. I agree what you say in terms of people, players, etc but we are discussing him 'externally' as you say and I believe that is fair.

i didn't see it but SSNews are no different to any other media - perhaps even worse - they're doing that to sell it/keep you watching. take it for what it is and don't get too sucked into it, that's my view of it anyway

if you judge mourinho as a manager there aren't too many sticks to beat him with.
    his comments in the past have been personal and snipey but i'm sure you and everyone else knows someone who's like that especially when on the defensive. he was on the defensive today after wengers comments.
    - that's not defending him, it's just realising that just because he's a football manager he hasn't stopped being like a 'normal' person, people you know

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,072 ✭✭✭carraig2

Van Persie cost us two more points so!

Won't happen but not impossible. Probably much more realistic than a Cavani type signing.

I would donate my kidneys to the person who would organise Cavani for Arsenal.
    Both of them

batistuta9 wrote: »
    i didn't see it but SSNews are no different to any other media - perhaps even worse - they're doing that to sell it/keep you watching. take it for what it is and don't get too sucked into it, that's my view of it anyway

if you judge mourinho as a manager there aren't too many sticks to beat him with.
    his comments in the past have been personal and snipey but i'm sure you and everyone else knows someone who's like that especially when on the defensive. he was on the defensive today after wengers comments.
    - that's not defending him, it's just realising that just because he's a football manager he hasn't stopped being like a 'normal' person, people you know

I am well aware of that. But we judge the football side of him and to be frank there are lots of 'sticks to beat him with' regarding his conduct over the years in terms of comments/actions with other managers and don't forget referees.

As for being defensive on Wenger's comments, did you see the Wenger press conference? It's not if Wenger's comments were aggressive or aimed at one particular manager. He was asked why teams were saying they weren't in the race despite being in the top 4 and he merely responded in typically nonchalant Wenger style.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,177 ✭✭✭Irish Aris

:oI just realised what this matchmaking thing is!!! :o
    so, I get Maire!!!!!

http://www.boards.ie/love.php?match=hot

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,573 ✭✭✭2ndcoming

Tayto for me, closely followed by greendom and bad2thabone.

It must be love!

• Administrators, Computer Games Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 32,410 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Mickeroo

Mine's been Galvasean for years. Not afraid of commitment me.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,984 ✭✭✭Soups123

Mines Marty

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,072 ✭✭✭carraig2

Mickeroo wrote: »
    Mine's been Galvasean for years. Not afraid of commitment me.

What you lot on about :)

I am well aware of that. But we judge the football side of him and to be frank there are lots of 'sticks to beat him with' regarding his conduct over the years in terms of comments/actions with other managers and don't forget referees.

As for being defensive on Wenger's comments, did you see the Wenger press conference? It's not if Wenger's comments were aggressive or aimed at one particular manager. He was asked why teams were saying they weren't in the race despite being in the top 4 and he merely responded in typically nonchalant Wenger style.

as a manager i meant his record, not what he says in a press conference or whatever.
    could he carry himself better? yes, of course he could but his achievements, tactical ability hold there own against anyone

yes and of course they were aimed at chelsea, who else was he aiming them at, Steve Bruce?
    just because wenger can articulate digs in a less crass manner than mourinho doesn't mean he isn't doing it.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,756 ✭✭✭emergingstar

Ah mind games how I have missed them

Better than getting a pay on the head my ferguson every year

Just proves one thing, were in a fcuking title race this year

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,177 ✭✭✭Irish Aris

as a manager i meant his record, not what he says in a press conference or whatever.
    could he carry himself better? yes, of course he could but his achievements, tactical ability hold there own against anyone

yes and of course they were aimed at chelsea, who else was he aiming them at, Steve Bruce?
    just because wenger can articulate digs in a less crass manner than mourinho doesn't mean he isn't doing it.

but. . . isn't that one of the aspects of being class/classless?

• Advertisement
  • Administrators, Computer Games Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 32,410 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Mickeroo

carraig2 wrote: »
    What you lot on about :)

Click this link: http://www.boards.ie/love.php

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,285 ✭✭✭dinorebel

Soups123 wrote: »
    Mines Marty
    Me too but I'm not going to fight over him;)

dinorebel wrote: »
    Me too but I'm not going to fight over him;)

Me too, such a popular guy; I wonder who he'll choose...

Irish Aris wrote: »
    but. . . isn't that one of the aspects of being class/classless?

don't know, i would think class would not be doing it at all but whatever, i don't give a shít about all this class nonsense people in the thread harp on about tbh
    & it's only when it suites as well...
    viera spitting at ruddock - class?
    keown smacking RVN - class?
    fabregas throwing pizza at fergie - class?
    knicking Park from a train station in lille - class?
    charging the highest ticket prices in the league - class?

class who gives a fúck, it's trophies you should be concerned about

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,478 ✭✭✭✭gnfnrhead

Marty is the highest from here for me. Someone's popular! :pac:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,431 ✭✭✭dvemail

Fully expect us now to move for a 30 million plus player in the summer now after seeing those figures.
    Will be a bit of a joke if we don't.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,072 ✭✭✭12gauge dave

Bit of a kick in the teeth the last week or so but in the grand scale of things its still up for the taking with chelsea drawing and city game postponed the table is looking decent considering the points we have dropped recently.
    Id love to say the worst is over and we can move on with a few easier games but unfortunately not we have 6 weeks of big fixtures coming up.
    It feels like weve ran out of steam and lost our spark and walcott and ramsey injuries are huge to us right now theyre spark is highly missed in my opinion.
    Im not going to point out any individual players for criticism but there is a few underperformers at the moment, from now untill may is a real test of character more than anything for the players.

don't know, i would think class would not be doing it at all but whatever, i don't give a shít about all this class nonsense people in the thread harp on about tbh
    & it's only when it suites as well...
    viera spitting at ruddock - class?
    keown smacking RVN - class?
    fabregas throwing pizza at fergie - class?
    knicking Park from a train station in lille - class?
    charging the highest ticket prices in the league - class?

class who gives a fúck, it's trophies you should be concerned about

All classless acts agreed but what is your point??:confused:

We are speaking about Mourinho and the consistent nature of it and because it is relevant at this very moment.

As for not giving a s**t about it well don't weigh in on it then you if don't give a s**t about it.

It's as Arsenal forum where people discuss what's relevant or connected to the Club.

dvemail wrote: »
    Fully expect us now to move for a 30 million plus player in the summer now after seeing those figures.

I would be confident we will. The means are well and truly there now. In the past they weren't without big risk involved. I think we will have an excellent squad next year.

Imagine 2/3 quality new additions, a bit more luck on the injury front and a fit Ramsey and Walcott and what can be achieved.:)

All classless acts agreed but what is your point??:confused:

We are speaking about Mourinho and the consistent nature of it and because it is relevant at this very moment.

As for not giving a s**t about it well don't weigh in on it then you if don't give a s**t about it.

It's as Arsenal forum where people discuss what's relevant or connected to the Club.

i think the point was laid out when i said "& it's only when it suites as well..."

the discussion move on to include wengers' comments today & the poster quoted me, so how exactly did i weigh in?
    i'll say what i want, it's not abusing you or anyone else or are you that sensitive

• Advertisement

i think the point was laid out when i said "& it's only when it suites as well..."

the discussion move on to include wengers' comments today & the poster quoted me, so how exactly did i weigh in?
    i'll say what i want, it's not abusing you or anyone else or are you that sensitive

Yes and I agreed that the acts you pointed out were classless and thus made the point that from my perspective it isn't just when it suits. If it's like that I will call it like that.

My point is that if people want to spend 10 pages debating Mourinho's attitude, performance etc then they are well justified i doing so as it relates to us. You stated you don't care for it which is fair enough.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,828 ✭✭✭gosplan

Mickeroo wrote: »

Happy valentines Marty. You big massive roide!!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,881 ✭✭✭TimeToShine

I think Mourinho is rather clever in that he takes all of the pressure off his players and puts it on himself. His snide comments have no effect whatsoever on the likes of Wenger or any other manager in the Premier League, and they really shouldn't annoy us either. His best attribute is that when things go badly for them the media go all out on him and him alone. Chelsea players rarely get the blame these days if they play a dreadful game, there is always some way to blame Mourinho for it. If you contrast this with us, Ozil has a few off days and we start wondering should Wenger drop him and begin questioning his loyalty, work-rate and commitment to the club. If Hazard were to go anonymous for a few games I can pretty much guarantee you the media (and probably the fans as well) would start questioning Mourinho's capabilities rather than Hazard's commitment or place in the team.

Call it what you will, in my view it's a rather clever system he has going and judging by this thread a lot of people are falling for it. Being labelled "classless" by bitter fans is a practically non-existent price to pay for what he is getting out of it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,428 ✭✭✭.jacksparrow.

I think Mourinho is rather clever in that he takes all of the pressure off his players and puts it on himself. His snide comments have no effect whatsoever on the likes of Wenger or any other manager in the Premier League, and they really shouldn't annoy us either. His best attribute is that when things go badly for them the media go all out on him and him alone. Chelsea players rarely get the blame these days if they play a dreadful game, there is always some way to blame Mourinho for it. If you contrast this with us, Ozil has a few off days and we start wondering should Wenger drop him and questioning his loyalty, work-rate and commitment to the club. If Hazard were to go anonymous for a few games I can pretty much guarantee you the media (and probably the fans as well) would start questioning Mourinho's capabilities rather than Hazard's commitment or place in the team.

In my view it's a rather clever system he has going and judging by this thread a lot of people are falling for it.

But he has repeatedly said he doesn't have the players to win the league, how is that not blaming his players and taking attention away?

But he has repeatedly said he doesn't have the players to win the league, how is that not blaming his players and taking attention away?

I highly doubt he believes that, and that takes plenty of pressure off his players. What he's basically telling everyone is that this teams success is down to him, which means that when the team doesn't succeed it will also be seen as his fault. I'm sure the players know his game anyway.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,428 ✭✭✭.jacksparrow.

I highly doubt he believes that, and that takes plenty of pressure off his players. What he's basically telling everyone is that this teams success is down to him, which means that when the team doesn't succeed it will also be seen as his fault. I'm sure the players know his game anyway.

Another thing that is ridiculous is the moaning of a lack of striker.

Imagine we had ba Torres and eto in our squad.

When Chelsea win he tries to take all the plaudits too
    He is an ego-maniac

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,431 ✭✭✭dvemail

I think Mourinho is rather clever in that he takes all of the pressure off his players and puts it on himself. His snide comments have no effect whatsoever on the likes of Wenger or any other manager in the Premier League, and they really shouldn't annoy us either. His best attribute is that when things go badly for them the media go all out on him and him alone. Chelsea players rarely get the blame these days if they play a dreadful game, there is always some way to blame Mourinho for it. If you contrast this with us, Ozil has a few off days and we start wondering should Wenger drop him and begin questioning his loyalty, work-rate and commitment to the club. If Hazard were to go anonymous for a few games I can pretty much guarantee you the media (and probably the fans as well) would start questioning Mourinho's capabilities rather than Hazard's commitment or place in the team.

Call it what you will, in my view it's a rather clever system he has going and judging by this thread a lot of people are falling for it. Being labelled "classless" by bitter fans is a practically non-existent price to pay for what he is getting out of it.

Except for that time he said he made 11 mistakes after their 2-0 loss to Newcastle at St. James....
    He just loves the attention that the English press are only too happy to give him.

Except for that time he said he made 11 mistakes after their 2-0 loss to Newcastle at St. James....
    He just loves the attention that the English press are only too happy to give him.

Once again he took the blame off his players and heaped it on himself. The players themselves wouldn't be affected by that, as I said above I'm sure they are aware of his style by now. Don't get me wrong I'm not condoning his behaviour, just trying to see things from another perspective.

• Advertisement

Once again he took the blame off his players and heaped it on himself. The players themselves wouldn't be affected by that, as I said above I'm sure they are aware of his style by now. Don't get me wrong I'm not condoning his behaviour, just trying to see things from another perspective.

If I'm right he basically said hazard was useless

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,300 ✭✭✭HazDanz

Mourinho is a fcking psycho in truth if he believes his own rubbish. He contradicts himself and hyperbolises everything.

He's like a sh*tty eastenders character coming back for a second stint.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,625 ✭✭✭✭Johner

HazDanz wrote: »
    Mourinho is a fcking psycho in truth if he believes his own rubbish. He contradicts himself and hyperbolises everything.

He's like a sh*tty eastenders character coming back for a second stint.

Do you actually think he believes all the stuff he is saying? Of course he doesn't.

Bit of a joke as it is tbh.

Bit of a joke as it is tbh.

175 or 180 they'll be in the summer apparently (not including the cash reserve)

i wonder how much of that they can/are likely to go and spend.
    would like to see another swiss ramble finance for dummies on it :pac:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 52,456 ✭✭✭✭tayto lover

We'll be in Lidl with the poor clubs.

• Advertisement

We'll be in Lidl with the poor clubs.

some tasty stuff in lidl though in fairness

Read somewhere today were looking at 80/100m

Hope every penny is spent

Read somewhere today were looking at 80/100m

Hope every penny is spent

do you why the rest won't/can't be spent?

• Registered Users Posts: 6,333 ✭✭✭bad2dabone

the fact is we could have 200m in the bank but if arsene considers a player overpriced he won't spend it. willing to offer 30m for drax, not willing to go 37m. Willing to offer 25m for higuain, not to go 33m.

Giroud compared in numbers over the last two seasons with others in the PL. Ricky Lambert is better.
    over the two seasons he's only scored 3 against the other top 7 clubs

the-premier-league-striker-stats-you-have-to-see-look-away-olivier

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement