Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Arsenal Talk/Gossip/Rumours Thread 2013/14 mod warning post #5144

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,382 ✭✭✭✭greendom

No Shaqiri or Ribery for Munich on Wednesday. Anyone think this will help?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,478 ✭✭✭✭gnfnrhead

Had an Arsenal player just done a dive that blatantly he would be crucified.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,846 ✭✭✭Moneymaker

ronjo wrote: »
    Fair point.. but putting son at the end? Ffs

Pretty obvious it was tongue and cheek.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,489 ✭✭✭ronjo

greendom wrote: »
    No Shaqiri or Ribery for Munich on Wednesday. Anyone think this will help?

Obviously will help a bit but Walcott and Ramsey hurt us more I reckon.

Moneymaker wrote: »
    Pretty obvious it was tongue and cheek.

Sorry, wasn't to me. Its a pet hate of mine on boards.
    Apologies so.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 52,456 ✭✭✭✭tayto lover

Sorry, wasn't too me. Its a pet hate of mine on boards.
    Apologies so.
    (n)

(n)

I don't get you Tayto?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 52,456 ✭✭✭✭tayto lover

I don't get you Tayto?

I was trying to get the "n" after the "so" but not good with computer stuff.

I was trying to get the "n" after the "so" but not good with computer stuff.

Aha... baddum tish :)

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 10,402 Mod ✭✭✭✭CatInABox

In the airport at an unnatural hour, all just to see arsenal play....

COYG!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 9,828 ✭✭✭gosplan

Ah so Jose insists that his team didn't fail when they were knocked out of the FA cup.

So despite spending 80-90 million on an already decent squad, Jose gets these rebuilding periods which aren't the same as others' failures.

Don't get me wrong. A trophy should have been delivered at some point but the whole thing goes to show how full of **** Jose is.

Anyone who has experience of dealing with 9 or 10 year old kids will recognise his nonsense.

'No that's different from when I said the same thing about them because ......'

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,300 ✭✭✭HazDanz

Wenger's equation for success today has to be:

Flamini^2 + Sturridge = No Pathetic dance.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,354 ✭✭✭gebbel

Let's go get some payback.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 35,514 ✭✭✭✭efb

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,012 ✭✭✭✭Alfred Borden

Dont have the best feeling about today, Liverpool have their tails up after last few weeks and we are short on confidence. Couple that with the likelihood of us resting players and just cant see past them. And definitely dont want to hear both teams dont want to win it, I would absolutely love to win this game, could get to a cup final and maybe win it but first hopefully get past today.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,756 ✭✭✭emergingstar

Looking forward to seem how Liverpool react to playing 3 times in a week not often they had to do that

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,751 ✭✭✭✭AdamD

Lots of Sanogo talk doing the rounds :o

• Registered Users Posts: 8,984 ✭✭✭Soups123

I will be seriously ****ed off if our strongest 11 doesn't start.

A win today is huge for a chance if trophy and to restore confidence ahead of Munich.

I'd rather he start over bend boots

Give the fella a chance and at lest he looks to have a future at the club

I'd rather he start over bend boots

Give the fella a chance and at lest he looks to have a future at the club

Today isn't a day to give a chance this club is in dire need of a trophy and they need to undo the atrocious performance.

Now is time to gain consistentcy

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,751 ✭✭✭✭AdamD

Wouldn't mind Sanogo if its purely because Giroud has been poor, and the rest of the team is as strong as possible.

Would prefer Bendyboots to start today personally.

I wouldnt mind our best team possible with yaya up top. Giroud is in awful form and fatigued. yaya might offer something different and try to run in behind.

Raf32 wrote: »
    I wouldnt mind our best team possible with yaya up top. Giroud is in awful form and fatigued. yaya might offer something different and try to run in behind.

Actually thats a good point. I know very little of him to be honest

Actually thats a good point. I know very little of him to be honest

Saw him during the summer not a lot but reminds me of an unfinished Adebayor

Jacob Steinberg ‏@JacobSteinberg 4m
    Arsenal the only team in Champions League this week who are playing today. Everyone else yesterday or Friday night.
    Disgrace really. Very poor from the FA.

• Administrators, Computer Games Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 32,410 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Mickeroo

Would rather Bendtne's experience in there than Sanogo, he's done ok when called upon this season.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,428 ✭✭✭.jacksparrow.

Another one for Jose and his arsenal get the easiest fixtures

Soups123 wrote: »
    Today isn't a day to give a chance this club is in dire need of a trophy and they need to undo the atrocious performance.

Now is time to gain consistentcy

I really not that pushed about today but I see how some posters want that trophy

• Advertisement
  • Administrators, Computer Games Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 32,410 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Mickeroo

City are playing Tuesday we're playing Wednesday, don't see the issue tbh.

Giroud is bet

And after seen bendy boots and podi start up front, the young lad def can't be worse

I really not that pushed about today but I see how some posters want that trophy

A win today is much more than FA cup, it's the roll in from here we need also.

Soups123 wrote: »
    A win today is much more than FA cup, it's the roll in from here we need also.

I'd rather rest players today and be flying for next week against Sunderland

But I can see where your coming from

I'd rather rest players today and be flying for next week against Sunderland

But I can see where your coming from

If we're going to throw a cup away it might as well be the CL since our prospects of getting past bayern are very low. Have a good chance of winning the FA cup and ending the drought. More of a rest if he rests the team Wednesday.

• Registered Users Posts: 822 ✭✭✭Pudders

Sanogo has been absolutely rubbish every time he has played. He is worse than Bendtner at this stage. He may develop but if he starts we have no chance today and it is Arsene saying he doesn't care about a trophy and it's all about champions league qualification.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,128 ✭✭✭✭Oranage2

Mickeroo wrote: »
    If we're going to throw a cup away it might as well be the CL since our prospects of getting past bayern are very low. Have a good chance of winning the FA cup and ending the drought. More of a rest if he rests the team Wednesday.

There's no chance of it, he even put out the strongest side against them last season in the second leg when we were 3 - 1 down on aggregate and doing poorly in the league.

I think we can rest today and still get a result

If werest in Wednesday we would prob get a pasting by 4 or 5

Now ya don't want that going into the Sunderland match

I think we can win with some rotation as I said Liverpool playing 3 times in a week won't be able to to keep the intensity up

I could be competely wrong to though

I think we can rest today and still get a result

If werest in Wednesday we would prob get a pasting by 4 or 5

Now ya don't want that going into the Sunderland match

I think we can win with some rotation as I said Liverpool playing 3 times in a week won't be able to to keep the intensity up

I could be competely wrong to though
    Yeah I agree your probably completely wrong :)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,027 ✭✭✭willowthewisp

City are playing Tuesday we're playing Wednesday, don't see the issue tbh.

In fairness it was all dictated by TV, both City v Chelsea & Arsenal v Liverpool could have been played on Saturday.
    The FA should do everything possible to give their representatives an advantage in the CL.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 23,570 ✭✭✭✭Frisbee

Szcz
    Jenk
    Per----Kosc
    Nacho
    Arteta---Flamini
    Gnabry
    Ox
    Podolski
    Bendtner

Cazorla is ill but give Rosicky, Ozil, Wilshere, Sagna & Giroud all a rest before Bayern.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 35,514 ✭✭✭✭efb

Flamster?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,462 ✭✭✭✭WoollyRedHat

He's serving the last of his three match ban apparently.

He's serving the last of his three match ban apparently.

Ban is finished. He will play.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,435 ✭✭✭wandatowell

Pudders wrote: »
    Sanogo has been absolutely rubbish every time he has played.

Tbh I haven't even seen him play

Sanogo has been absolutely rubbish every time he has played. He is worse than Bendtner at this stage. He may develop but if he starts we have no chance today and it is Arsene saying he doesn't care about a trophy and it's all about champions league qualification.

Talk about exagerration.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,665 ✭✭✭✭extra gravy

Sanogo hasn't even played a full game for us yet and there's already people writing him off. Give the lad a chance ffs.

• Registered Users Posts: 822 ✭✭✭Pudders

Every game Sanogo has played in England he has ran round like a headless chicken and had a terrible touch. I was at every game. Not writing him off yet BUT Bendtner is a much better option at this stage regardless of what your opinion on the greatest striker in the world is. We should be playing our strongest team and that means Bendtner before Sanogo. Anyway it's all immaterial as Sanogo won't start.

He's made like 2 appearances all together, that's a tiny sample size to judge him from. I think a Podolski-Sanogo combination with Pod playing off him could be effective. If he isn't up to it, bring Bendtner on, or at least give Sanogo a chance in this game. Giroud isn't an option. I wouldn't like to see Bendtner start the full 90 minutes in any case.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,333 ✭✭✭bad2dabone

Sanogo could be a real talent. sure he looked raw in the tiny amount of appearances we've seen him in, but i'd like to see more of him. He's highly rated, and wenger wouldn't give him a chance if he was ****e.

Every game Sanogo has played in England he has ran round like a headless chicken and had a terrible touch. I was at every game. Not writing him off yet BUT Bendtner is a much better option at this stage regardless of what your opinion on the greatest striker in the world is. We should be playing our strongest team and that means Bendtner before Sanogo. Anyway it's all immaterial as Sanogo won't start.

He's only made 2 appearances tbf. I agree Bendtner would probably be the better option but if Wenger thinks Sanogo is up to it I'll wait to see how he does before I judge him, at the end of the day the manager sees him in training all week and we don't. At 21 he's not a kid by any standard either so there's no harm in giving him a shot.

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement