Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Arsenal Talk/Gossip/Rumours Thread 2013/14 mod warning post #5144

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,500 ✭✭✭Fuzzy_Dunlop

Pudders wrote: »
    Every game Sanogo has played in England he has ran round like a headless chicken and had a terrible touch. I was at every game. Not writing him off yet BUT Bendtner is a much better option at this stage regardless of what your opinion on the greatest striker in the world is. We should be playing our strongest team and that means Bendtner before Sanogo. Anyway it's all immaterial as Sanogo won't start.

You say every game likes he's already played 30 games for us. Really can't judge him on the two subs appearances it whatever he's had.

That said I don't think he should start today.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 396 ✭✭ironkiwi

Think I heard on Sky Sports News two mins ago that Giroud was starting and that he tweeted it? If not I obviously had too much to drink last night and I'm hearing things!

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 10,402 Mod ✭✭✭✭CatInABox

ironkiwi wrote: »
    Think I heard on Sky Sports News two mins ago that Giroud was starting and that he tweeted it? If not I obviously had too much to drink last night and I'm hearing things!

This is what Giroud tweeted:

@_OlivierGiroud_: I apologise to my wife, family and friends and my manager, team-mates and Arsenal fans.

@_OlivierGiroud_: I now have to fight for my family and for my club and obtain their forgiveness. Nothing else matters at the moment.

Not cool on his part. Could be very distracted from now on.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,428 ✭✭✭.jacksparrow.

Giroud via twitter: "I apologise to my wife, family and friends and my manager, team-mates and Arsenal fans. I now have to fight for my family and for my club and obtain their forgiveness. Nothing else matters at the moment."

Naughty boy with a model.

At least he scored somewhere.

• Administrators, Computer Games Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 32,411 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Mickeroo

That wife of his should just forgive him, she'll never score a man like that again if they split up.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 396 ✭✭ironkiwi

CatInABox wrote: »
    This is what Giroud tweeted:

@_OlivierGiroud_: I apologise to my wife, family and friends and my manager, team-mates and Arsenal fans.

@_OlivierGiroud_: I now have to fight for my family and for my club and obtain their forgiveness. Nothing else matters at the moment.

This would partly explain his last performance, looked completely out of sorts.

Now we need the best footballer in recent memory to come in today and bang in a hatrick.... step up Mr Bendtner! Has done a good job when called up so far this season, I think Arsene should give him a shout today. Giroud needs a rest physically and through all his own fault mentally too!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,300 ✭✭✭HazDanz

So handsome. So so handsome.

What terrible timing. Why would you even want to do that on twitter?

• Registered Users Posts: 311 ✭✭GillespieRoad

Wenger must be fuming, why would you admit to something so demoralising just an hour before a big game? Like the guy, but straight up idiocy!

• Advertisement

What terrible timing. Why would you even want to do that on twitter?

Guilt.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,751 ✭✭✭✭AdamD

Sanogo's played 9 minutes of league football against Fulham when we were 3-1 up and 30 minutes of a CL play off game against Fenerbache. How people can judge him off that is absolutely beyond me.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,829 ✭✭✭✭Panthro

Giroud is a cheating bastid? How have the English meeeeja not gone all out over this one? The rascal.
    http://metro.co.uk/2014/02/16/olivier-giroud-admits-to-cheating-on-wife-via-twitter-4306355/

Panthro wrote: »
    Giroud is a cheating bastid? How have the English meeeeja not gone all out over this one? The rascal.
    http://metro.co.uk/2014/02/16/olivier-giroud-admits-to-cheating-on-wife-via-twitter-4306355/

Better late than never I suppose..

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 10,402 Mod ✭✭✭✭CatInABox

He broke team rules by doing 'it' the night before a match, so I'd guess he's suspended from the team today.

Never mind that it would be good to rest him....

Think if it was an English player the uproar would near on break the internet.
    Got to love the Meeeeja's double standards.

• Advertisement

Think if it was an English player the uproar would near on break the internet.
    Got to love the Meeeeja's double standards.

**** the media, who gives a ****.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 26,458 ✭✭✭✭gandalf

Just watching Coleman playing for Everton and I am imagining the number of goals we could get if he was supplying the ammunition. I would be really surprised if we didn't try and sign him in the summer!

Ha, sanogo is starting. The team is actually grand otherwise though, Jenkinson is the one I worry about most. Also Arteta has looked sluggish lately.

[edit] Bendtner isn't on the bench, maybe he's injured/ done something stupid

**** the media, who gives a ****.

Aren't you the very one who plays angry faps every time Jose is interviewed these days?!
    Guess who the interviewers are....English meeeeja!:D

Aren't you the very one who plays angry faps every time Jose is interviewed these days?!
    Guess who the interviewers are....English meeeeja!:D

What?

I think what Jose says is unacceptable.

Nothing to do with the media, please give it a rest.

• Advertisement

What?

I think what Jose says is unacceptable.

Nothing to do with the media, please give it a rest.

No, you nit pick Jose's answers to questions at every given opportunity.
    My original intention was actually pointing out the double standard, if it were an English player, we'd see it's own thread pop up on the SF such would be the hysteria.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 9,425 ✭✭✭FearDark

Jenkinson... rubbish.

We should play our strongest team, need a reaction after the last two abysmal matches we had to suffer through. A loss today could mean the end of our best chance of silverware this season and I'm really not in the mood to read the excuses later on. I want to win something this year ffs. I can already see the excuses. Just ****ing win.

• Administrators, Computer Games Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 32,411 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Mickeroo

[edit] Bendtner isn't on the bench, maybe he's injured/ done something stupid

Hacked Giroud's Twitter account.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,710 ✭✭✭✭Paully D

CatInABox wrote: »

There's a pair of them in it. It was a vile act from the women in question to go running to the papers with her story too. Clearly she only had interest in a bit of cash and wasn't interested in Giroud at all.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,490 ✭✭✭ronjo

My original intention was actually pointing out the double standard, if it were an English player, we'd see it's own thread pop up on the SF such would be the hysteria.

Why do you care?

ronjo wrote: »
    Why do you care?

Because it's heartbreaking stuff.

I haven't mentioned Jose today, its done now, why are you bringing it back up in relation to giroud and the media.

Anyway, sanogo let's see what you're made of, Wenger seems to have big faith in you.

I haven't mentioned Jose today, its done now, why are you bringing it back up in relation to giroud and the media.

Anyway, sanogo let's see what you're made of, Wenger seems to have big faith in you.

You spent how long yesterday banging on about Jose's answers to English meeja's questions now today because I point out a double standard in the English meeejia of what is/is not news worthy, you say "who gives a shyt about the media."
    Right....:pac:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,462 ✭✭✭✭WoollyRedHat

I think Sanogo will either score today, or be instrumental in setting one up.

Really looking forward to this match. COME ON GUNNERS!!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,490 ✭✭✭ronjo

Because it's heartbreaking stuff.

When you finish your leaving cert these things won't bother you so much.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,435 ✭✭✭wandatowell

Wouldnt it be lovely if Sanogo turned out to be a beast.

ronjo wrote: »
    When you finish your leaving cert these things won't bother you so much.

Is that supposed to be some sort of put down?

You spent how long yesterday banging on about Jose's answers to English meeja's questions now today because I point out a double standard in the English meeejia of what is/is not news worthy, you say "who gives a shyt about the media."
    Right....:pac:

I don't care about the media , it was Jose's comments, why can't you understand that.

Clearly no one in this thread cares about your issues with the media, neither do I.

Can we stop this please..I'm done.

I don't care about the media , it was Jose's comments, why can't you understand that.

Clearly no one in this thread cares about your issues with the media, neither do I.

Can we stop this please..I'm done.

Caught out more like.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,814 ✭✭✭lertsnim

Every game Sanogo has played in England he has ran round like a headless chicken and had a terrible touch. I was at every game.

I wonder if you have seeing as he's only played twice. You make it sound like he's played 20+ times

Caught out more like.

Right ok I'm caught out.

Now pleaaase can we drop it and focus on the match.

Actually, the more I think of it, I'm not that Happy with the weakened team for this game. Much better chance to win this Cup than the champions league

Right ok I'm caught out.

Now pleaaase can we drop it and focus on the match.

Happy to.
    Hope Arsenal win today.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 25,560 ✭✭✭✭Kess73

Mod Post: Less of the sniping folks. It only ever leads to one or more posters losing the head and saying something that lands them into hassle.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 822 ✭✭✭Pudders

lertsnim wrote: »
    I wonder if you have seeing as he's only played twice. You make it sound like he's played 20+ times

I have a season ticket and live in London about a mile from the ground. I was at both matches. And I'm now walking from the hen and chickens at highbury corner to the ground. Hope I'm proved wrong today. Bendtner not on the bench.

I have a season ticket and live in London about a mile from the ground. I was at both matches. And I'm now walking from the hen and chickens at highbury corner to the ground. Hope I'm proved wrong today. Bendtner not on the bench.

I miss Highbury.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,435 ✭✭✭wandatowell

Whats all this I hear about Piebury Corner?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 29,119 ✭✭✭✭Quazzie

Everton in the next round. Not the best draw if we make it, but I'm just happy we'd be avoiding City

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,621 ✭✭✭Jaafa

Personally I'm glad Wenger has shaken up the team. If he played the same team as the last time we played them and lost people would be complaining about how stubborn and inflexible he is. Lets try something new, it might work it might not, but playing the exact same team except for 1 or 2 changes is not what should be done after a 5-1 loss to that same team.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,751 ✭✭✭✭AdamD

We've gotten incredibly difficult cup games this year.

Group of death in CL then Bayern

Southhampton then Chelsea in League cup

Spurs, then Liverpool, then Everton (if we get through) in the FA cup.

Ridiculous

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 149 ✭✭Chris The Hacker

Hopefully Wigan can do another one on Man City.

I also like the way we keep getting home games = ticket money.

• Registered Users Posts: 822 ✭✭✭Pudders

Whats all this I hear about Piebury Corner?

Great pies but shockingly expensive. Shop in holloway road by tommy flynns pub. Bizarrely the Napoli fans attcked it before the champions league match.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 9,425 ✭✭✭FearDark

Fabianski, Monreal and Jenkinson are a liability. I haven't seen enough of Sanogo to make a call but I hope he's class. Can't see us winning unfortunately. Should put out our strongest team given we have more of a chance to win the FA cup than the Champions League.

Its just so frustrating every year seeing us half arse cups.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,655 ✭✭✭Royal Legend

Great pies but shockingly expensive. Shop in holloway road by tommy flynns pub. Bizarrely the Napoli fans attcked it before the champions league match.

Anti pie brigade from Napoli, Pizza ultras ;)

FearDark wrote: »
    Fabianski, Monreal and Jenkinson are a liability. I haven't seen enough of Sanogo to make a call but I hope he's class. Can't see us winning unfortunately. Should put out our strongest team given we have more of a chance to win the FA cup than the Champions League.

Its just so frustrating every year seeing us half arse cups.

Fabianski has never been anything but solid when he's been called on the last few seasons.

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement