Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Arsenal Talk/Gossip/Rumours Thread 2013/14 mod warning post #5144

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,690 ✭✭✭✭Skylinehead

niallo27 wrote: »
    That's because it was really a non incident. Arsenal fans are trying to use it as some way of balancing up the Suarez non pen either that or the media hates you.

Oh look who's back.

Was it a freak occurrence when we pretty much silenced your precious strike force the first time out? :cool:

• Registered Users Posts: 8,984 ✭✭✭Soups123

Or you could say it was a freak occurrence today that mostly deadly strike force in the league failed to take any of their chances. That's probably more believable.

You could but you'd be lying.

2 quality strikers but you need atleast 9 more quality players yo compete at the level we do

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,038 ✭✭✭✭niallo27

Soups123 wrote: »
    You could but you'd be lying.

2 quality strikers but you need atleast 9 more quality players yo compete at the level we do

Small steps. Liverpool are improving.

Small steps. Liverpool are improving.

Same with Arsenal just starting now with bigger steps

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,038 ✭✭✭✭niallo27

Same with Arsenal just starting now with bigger steps

I'd like arsenal to do well. I have great time for wenger. There is nothing to suggest these bigger steps yet. Arsenal have been in these positions before. 1 point from the last 6 was a big blow.

I'd like arsenal to do well. I have great time for wenger. There is nothing to suggest these bigger steps yet. Arsenal have been in these positions before. 1 point from the last 6 was a big blow.

Not a big blow, only a point of top, 3 winnable league games coming up, home quarter final and CL.

After defeat to Liverpool we drew United and beat Pool that's progress other years we'd have lost all 3.

The squad is being built now rather than receding signing Ozil big steps

• Registered Users Posts: 366 ✭✭ugsparky

Good result today ... but tiresome reading the rubbish spouted by scousers coming here ... getting as bad as the plastics and the chavs :rolleyes: ...

Just to change the subjct ... the rumours surrounding a dutch skunk wanting to return ... I think it's DM rubbish ... their usual standard of unbiased reporting of all things Arsenal. However ...

If RvP returning guaranteed us winning the Premiership I'd still be 100% against him ever wearing our shirt again. He is in my opinion the worst traitor to have ever worn our colours - worse than Cashley Cole. Our Manager and our club stood by him through his troublesome years when he first joined from Feijenoord. Through all the alleged misdemeanors (I think everyone knows the details), through all the injuries. Then the "liitle boy" inside him repays the club and the fans by strengthening one of our greatest enemies. I honestly believe he was tapped up by SAF a la Yorke, Saha, Tevez, Stam et al. If he had to have gone to Barca, Real or Juve I might have a different opinion of him ... but for me now he is dirt. I feel nothing for a player whose name I sang from the Northbank against Juve in 2006 ... nothing but contempt.

Why have we had so many players repay our Managers trust and faith by kicking us in the b***ocks the first time an oppertunity arises ?

Anelka - Clough said he was crazy to leave - a wasted career - would have been legendary as the Arsenal and French strike force with Thierry

Vieira - Why leave Patrick ?

Hleb - where are you now Alexsndr ?

Cesc - OK so you're Catalan - if you return I'll welcome you home

Nasri and Clichy and Cole - no concept of loyalty - as Bob would say "putain" ... money grabbing shisters ... no class - despise them all

Adebayor - makes me want to puke - he plays for some crap team - enough said - bigger "putain" than the above trio ... hope Juve or somebody shows interest ... soon as he hears that he'll be off ... or looking for £200,000 a week ... stupid goal celebration

Song - see Hleb

... but still for me RvP is worse than all the Casley's, Nasri's and Adebayors ... he was a Gooner as a kid ... he knows the feeling Gooners have towards Utd ... but still he broke our hearts.

If we win nothing this year I'll be sad ... I think it would have been an oppertunity missed ... I think we still have a chance and I believe we can beat Bayern over two legs ... but next year ... WE'LL BE BACK ... and the little boy can sit and sulk whilst he watches us in the Champions Lge

• Registered Users Posts: 6,333 ✭✭✭bad2dabone

Couldn't agree more. Rvp can stay with Moyes.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,036 ✭✭✭Sanity_Saviour

bad2dabone wrote: »
    Couldn't agree more. Rvp can stay with Moyes.

By the end of the season, Arsenal will be found out, and see what RVP says when that happens.

• Registered Users Posts: 366 ✭✭ugsparky

By the end of the season, Arsenal will be found out, and see what RVP says when that happens.

Couldn't give a shi-ite what he says ... do you mean found out as in mid table ?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,036 ✭✭✭Sanity_Saviour

ugsparky wrote: »
    Couldn't give a shi-ite what he says ... do you mean found out as in mid table ?

It's February, they'll do what they'll always do, it's like their time of the month.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,462 ✭✭✭✭WoollyRedHat

It's February, they'll do what they'll always do, it's like their time of the month.

We went on an great run around this time last year, contrary to popular belief it's not our "time of month" and also, you're an idiot. Hope that's not against the charter seeing as it's factually correct.

• Administrators, Computer Games Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 32,411 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Mickeroo

They must be pregnant the last few seasons.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,333 ✭✭✭bad2dabone

Check your history.
    Who are you anyway? Utd fan?

Haven't you got some misery to be wallowing in right now?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,012 ✭✭✭✭Alfred Borden

March is the biggest month in the teams history in at least 10 years. Everton in the cup and Munich second leg. Along with Chelsea, Everton, Spurs away and City at home in the league, if we can come out of that in a healthy position in the league ( 3 points or less behind the leaders) and into the semis of the cup we could be on for a very good end of season.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,478 ✭✭✭✭gnfnrhead

You can always tell when other teams fans are worried about how well you are doing.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,072 ✭✭✭12gauge dave

Realistically speaking id be happy with a top 3 finish in the league and the fa cup from this season.

Very few of us expected us to challenge for the title this year after a so so season last year and us only bringing in one big player in ozil.

Next year should be better than this one hopefully ozil settles and finds form again and the younger players improve and with one or two big signings we can become a real force.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,325 ✭✭✭smileyj1987

Congrats on the win today . That was more the kind of game expected when Liverpool play arsenal . It just shows how one bad day can be a really bad day .
    I thought it could have went either way , but I do think Arsenal needed the win more today to set themselves up for the month of March . Best of luck in the cup .

I may* unfollow this thread in March. I don't think I'll be able to hack it if we have a couple of bad results.

Will Rambo be back for Bayern away?

*doubt it tbf :pac:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,553 ✭✭✭Spanish Johnny

Really didn't enjoy the game after the penalty. If we had conceded it would have been mentally shattering.

First off I can't understand the level of criticism that Jenkinson gets from some. I was hoping earlier in the week he would start as he was better equipped than Sagna to deal with Liverpool's speed. He is unbelievably fast, he is still raw though, lacks composure and makes an odd mistake. However how do expect him to learn?? He needs games like this. Great energy getting forward too. By no means the finished article and no where near Sagnas level but we need to cut him some slack.

Fabianski superb, Ozil was very good and needs Ox beside him for all our games where possible.

Sanogo was a positive. Not exactly a ready made new Adebayor but did well, he's fearless, puts himself about and was getting the crowd going as well.

All in all a great result even if we were very fortunate but we deserved that too.

Roll on Wednesday night.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 43,311 ✭✭✭✭K-9

Its worth noting that Arsenal didn't start with Cazorla, Wilshere, Giroud, Rosicky, Ramsey, Walcott, Sagna, Szczesny or Gibbs today.

We played second string team :)

Some injury list, ye have great squad depth. Liverpool have been without 4 first choice defenders, Lucas and Allen for large parts of the season, Sturridge at times as well and Suarez and his ban. We don't have the depth ye have but the squad has coped with a good few absentees, ye'd swear we'd nobody, but that's the media for you and many fans lap it up.

Well done Arsenal anyway, would like to see you win it now.

Mad Men's Don Draper : What you call love was invented by guys like me, to sell nylons.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,382 ✭✭✭✭greendom

I may* unfollow this thread in March. I don't think I'll be able to hack it if we have a couple of bad results.

Will Rambo be back for Bayern away?

*doubt it tbf :pac:

I saw on Twitter that he was targetting the Swansea game for his return. That is the game before Munich so its a possibility.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,828 ✭✭✭gosplan

Realistically speaking id be happy with a top 3 finish in the league and the fa cup from this season.

Very few of us expected us to challenge for the title this year after a so so season last year and us only bringing in one big player in ozil.

Next year should be better than this one hopefully ozil settles and finds form again and the younger players improve and with one or two big signings we can become a real force.

This is fair I think.

In the summer we need a backup CB, a new RB (probably), and a fast Striker. I think if we get those, we'll challenge again, and if we keep challenging, it's just a matter of time.

As regards this year, I'd be happy with taking the league to the last or second last week, regardless of what position that leaves us in, probably 2nd or 3rd. An FA cup final against City might not go our way if they've no injuries so wouldn't consider it a must.

The annoying thing is that there are Arsenal fans who will be posting here about failure if we don't lift a trophy. Don't think that's the case.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,500 ✭✭✭Fuzzy_Dunlop

gosplan wrote: »
    This is fair I think.

In the summer we need a backup CB, a new RB (probably), and a fast Striker. I think if we get those, we'll challenge again, and if we keep challenging, it's just a matter of time.

As regards this year, I'd be happy with taking the league to the last or second last week, regardless of what position that leaves us in, probably 2nd or 3rd. An FA cup final against City might not go our way if they've no injuries so wouldn't consider it a must.

The annoying thing is that there are Arsenal fans who will be posting here about failure if we don't lift a trophy. Don't think that's the case.

Think we'll also need another central midfielder to replace Arteta/Flamini in the medium term.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,130 ✭✭✭G1032

ugsparky wrote: »

Anelka - Clough said he was crazy to leave - a wasted career - would have been legendary as the Arsenal and French strike force with Thierry

Vieira - Why leave Patrick ?

Hleb - where are you now Alexsndr ?

Cesc - OK so you're Catalan - if you return I'll welcome you home

Nasri and Clichy and Cole - no concept of loyalty - as Bob would say "putain" ... money grabbing shisters ... no class - despise them all

Adebayor - makes me want to puke - he plays for some crap team - enough said - bigger "putain" than the above trio ... hope Juve or somebody shows interest ... soon as he hears that he'll be off ... or looking for £200,000 a week ... stupid goal celebration

Song - see Hleb

Vieira was sold because Wenger wanted to sell him. He was at the club 9 years, hardly what I'd call jumping at the first available opportunity. He's a true legend of Arsenal

Cesc - Not as bad as RVP or Nasri but I hope he never wears the jersey again. He went on strike to force his move, refusing to play against Udinese

Adebayor, Nasri, Clichy and Cole all want to make me puke too, although I wasn't really that sorry to see either Nasri or Clichy leave. They were/are vastly overated.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,711 ✭✭✭keano_afc

Finish above Chelsea and win the FA Cup and I'll be as happy as a Portugese eye poker.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,428 ✭✭✭.jacksparrow.

so schalke reveals we did bid for draxler as if we didn't know, good signs of things to come hopefully.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,254 ✭✭✭shano_88

Missed the game unfortunately but caught the highlights on ITV last night. Obviously delighted with the result and we did get lucky with the penalty but I think we deserved it.

So happy to see Ox play well. Where was he playing? Wide right? Its great to have a player with pace in the side making runs in behind. Its badly needed.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,300 ✭✭✭HazDanz

Anyone feel without Giroud in the side we looked more versatile and fresh?

Sanogo was something different for the midfield to work off of and I think we benefited from that.

Ozil/Ox seemed to be very clear as to how they were going to go about their work without Giroud up top.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,207 ✭✭✭maximoose

HazDanz wrote: »

Ozil/Ox .

Been watching gifs of that pass from Özil for the second goal all morning. Ox needs to start more often, need his runs.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,756 ✭✭✭emergingstar

I want podi playing on Wednesday

maximoose wrote: »
    Been watching gifs of that pass from Özil for the second goal all morning. Ox needs to start more often, need his runs.

This.

I'd have Ox starting against Bayern.

I want podi playing on Wednesday

It's Poldi or Ox for me and I'm edging towards Ox.

Saying that I expect Rosicky, Ozil Cazorla to play behind Giroud.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,756 ✭✭✭emergingstar

shano_88 wrote: »
    It's Poldi or Ox for me and I'm edging towards Ox.

Saying that I expect Rosicky, Ozil Cazorla to play behind Giroud.

I'm hoping its
    Flamini/Rosicky
    Ox. Ozil. Podi
    Giroud

But expecting
    Flamini/wilshere
    Rosicky. Ozil. Cazorla
    Giroud

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,205 ✭✭✭Gringo180

Really looking forward to the game Wednesday night, I know alot of of fans that are moaning about all the tough draws we are getting but its the likes of these big games is what the Champs Lge is all about, 2 great clubs locking horns in what should be an absolute classic. I will be over the moon with a clean sheet against Bayern at least we wont have to go to there back yard and chase the game like last year.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,491 ✭✭✭ronjo

I'm hoping its
    Flamini/Rosicky
    Ox. Ozil. Podi
    Giroud

But expecting
    Flamini/wilshere
    Rosicky. Ozil. Cazorla
    Giroud

I would be pretty shocked if it wasnt your expected team.
    To be honest I would probably go with the expected team too.
    Would certainly start with Santi but could be persuaded to have Ox in ahead of Jack as you wrote.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,751 ✭✭✭✭AdamD

I'm hoping its
    Flamini/Rosicky
    Ox. Ozil. Podi
    Giroud

But expecting
    Flamini/wilshere
    Rosicky. Ozil. Cazorla
    Giroud

Same. Watching that 2nd team is dire, and in spite of a few goals Santi's been very poor this season imo. The team looks so much more dynamic with the speed of Ox and Podolski.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,428 ✭✭✭.jacksparrow.

Gurgaon has 16 goals and 9 assists this season.

Another bid in the summer perhaps?

There really is Feck all too class strikers available, hopefully changes in the summer.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,589 ✭✭✭Awesomeness

Loved Jens refering to Flamini as a "bachelor for life" and how he always had some interesting stories from off the pitch

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 10,403 Mod ✭✭✭✭CatInABox

Was at the game, great atmosphere. I thought the team had a nice balance, and it was great to see the Flamster back, the amount of organising and barking at players to get into position is great to see, and something we miss.

I thought Sanogo was pretty good, for someone that is just back from a troublesome injury, he is definitely not afraid to throw himself into tackles.
    Gringo180 wrote: »
    Really looking forward to the game Wednesday night, I know alot of of fans that are moaning about all the tough draws we are getting but its the likes of these big games is what the Champs Lge is all about, 2 great clubs locking horns in what should be an absolute classic. I will be over the moon with a clean sheet against Bayern at least we wont have to go to there back yard and chase the game like last year.

Can't wait for it myself, because I'll be there! :D

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 4,665 Mod ✭✭✭✭Hyzepher

Flamini is essential to the way we play - we just don't have that bite without him

Ox has shown that we need pace in the team to nullify the opposition getting forward. Walcott was perfect for this and we have missed him but Ox can slot in there as he proved yesterday.

We really, really need a striker.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,500 ✭✭✭Fuzzy_Dunlop

Gurgaon has 16 goals and 9 assists this season.

Another bid in the summer perhaps?

There really is Feck all too class strikers available, hopefully changes in the summer.

Who's this? I can only assume it's a autocorrect thing but can't figure it out!

[edit] Higuain? Doubt we'd get anywhere with that

• Administrators, Computer Games Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 32,411 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Mickeroo

I'm hoping its
    Flamini/Rosicky
    Ox. Ozil. Podi
    Giroud

But expecting
    Flamini/wilshere
    Rosicky. Ozil. Cazorla
    Giroud

He'll start Flamini and Arteta again I would think.

Who's this? I can only assume it's a autocorrect thing but can't figure it out!

[edit] Higuain? Doubt we'd get anywhere with that

Aha, I was wondering wtf he was talking about :D

It does seem close to Higuains stats alright

Mickeroo wrote: »

Arteta is suspended.

Mickeroo wrote: »

Im assuming Wilshere will start or he would have started yesterday.

Im guessing it will be Emergingstars expected team with maybe Ox/Podolski getting the nod instead of Rosicky/Cazorla.

shano_88 wrote: »
    Im assuming Wilshere will start or he would have started yesterday.

Im guessing it will be Emergingstars expected team with maybe Ox/Podolski getting the nod instead of Rosicky/Cazorla.

With Rosicky not starting yesterday also and say he is certain to come in.

I didnt see the game unfortunately but were Ox/Pod so good that Wenger might change his mind?

ronjo wrote: »
    Arteta is suspended.

This is a good thing, Arteta just doesn't have the legs anymore I think he has regressed a lot this year.

Flamini is huge for us, on 21 minutes yesterday he was tracking back at full pace and was looking around shouting instructions to others to pick up the runners behind, his awareness and organisation is key for us

ronjo wrote: »
    With Rosicky not starting yesterday also and say he is certain to come in.

I didnt see the game unfortunately but were Ox/Pod so good that Wenger might change his mind?

Ya, Id expect to see Rosicky start, He starts most big games.

I didnt see it either.

Going on highlights/comments here, they certainly both played well especially Ox.

• Advertisement

This is a good thing, Arteta just doesn't have the legs anymore I think he has regressed a lot this year.

Flamini is huge for us, on 21 minutes yesterday he was tracking back at full pace and was looking around shouting instructions to others to pick up the runners behind, his awareness and organisation is key for us

Arteta looks ok with Ramsey beside him but is certainly slowing down alright.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement