Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Arsenal Talk/Gossip/Rumours Thread 2013/14 mod warning post #5144

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,819 ✭✭✭liam7831

When is Swansea game gonna be on now?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,277 ✭✭✭batistuta9

liam7831 wrote: »
    When is Swansea game gonna be on now?

probably the midweek before man city at home

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,456 ✭✭✭wonga77

right lads, no proper internet since last wednesday, what did i miss?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 52,467 ✭✭✭✭tayto lover

wonga77 wrote: »
    right lads, no proper internet since last wednesday, what did i miss?

Zero.
    Don't bother reading up on it.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 630 ✭✭✭liamygunner29

Was there yesterday and against United. The atmosphere this year is much better but a lot of it is hinging on winning something, crowd turned so quickly last week.

Everybody needs a trophy, relief would be unreal. It's like there has been riding going on for years and the load hasn't released. Stopping and starting and whatever else you can ad to the analogy, must be something about RVP been a cock in it. Regardless, it would be a tough one to leave this season empty handed. i think we have developed a steeler attitude, which will hopefully have us competing for something in May.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,516 ✭✭✭jonneymendoza

giroud cheating on his wife! jesus christ thats terrible!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,492 ✭✭✭ronjo

Just read the match thread now from 16.20 to just after the end of the game.

Its hilarious reading.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,480 ✭✭✭✭cson

You should try the United thread. There's actually a lad in there arguing the set up of a front 4 formation for them based on a game of FIFA he played with that set up.

I remember thinking a year ago that standards had gone to ****e on this forum; they've gotten worse if anything. I avoid the match threads like the plague now [and from a luck point of view, seeing as the last one I created was the 5-1 loss to Liverpool]. The standard of posting and people trying to rise each other and just general pettiness is embarrassing tbh.

• Users Awaiting Email Confirmation Posts: 15,001 ✭✭✭✭Pepe LeFrits

For Bayern I'd go:

Chesney
    Sagna Per Kos Gibbs
    Chambo Flamini
    Wilshere Ozil Cazorla
    Giroud

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,480 ✭✭✭✭cson

For Bayern I'd go:

Chesney
    Sagna Per Kos Gibbs
    Chambo Flamini
    Wilshere Ozil Cazorla
    Giroud

Same XI but I'd swap positions with Wilshere and Chamberlain. Think Chamberlain's pace is a vital outlet for us - the Podolski goal at the weekend was set up by him getting in behind.

Any scoreline that keeps them out will be great. I'd bite your hand off for a 0-0.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,254 ✭✭✭shano_88

Jeremy Wilson just tweeted that Sagna, Gibbs, Wilshere, Cazorla, Rosicky and Giroud are all expected back for Bayern.

Not looking good for a Chamerlain start.

For Bayern I'd go:

Chesney
    Sagna Per Kos Gibbs
    Chambo Flamini
    Wilshere Ozil Cazorla
    Giroud

I would imagine and prefer Jack in the middle and Ox on the right.

ETA.. Sorry was a bit slow on the reply there. CSON had already said this.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,300 ✭✭✭HazDanz

I'm worried about the high pressurising Bayern are going to put on us.

We didn't cope very well against Dortmund when they did this and Bayern will do it even better.

Really need to move the ball quick and accurately in the middle tomorrow night otherwise they'll be all over us.

cson wrote: »
    Same XI but I'd swap positions with Wilshere and Chamberlain. Think Chamberlain's pace is a vital outlet for us - the Podolski goal at the weekend was set up by him getting in behind.

Any scoreline that keeps them out will be great. I'd bite your hand off for a 0-0.
    I'd be more interested in getting his energy in the middle. Think he's more disciplined defensively than Jack too, whose best form this season has been on the right side. A Flamini, Wilshere, Ozil midfield will struggle badly imo.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,751 ✭✭✭✭AdamD

No way in hell Ox starts at CM tomorrow night. Hes played about 3 games there, none of them at CL level.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,690 ✭✭✭✭Skylinehead

AdamD wrote: »
    No way in hell Ox starts at CM tomorrow night. Hes played about 3 games there, none of them at CL level.

Wrong, his first game at CM came in the 3-0 against AC Milan, he was brilliant. I wouldn't play him there tomorrow though.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 396 ✭✭ironkiwi

Wrong, his first game at CM came in the 3-0 against AC Milan, he was brilliant. I wouldn't play him there tomorrow though.

He was amazing against Milan that night, surprised he hasn't got more opportunities in that role since, he was inspirational! Saying that Bayern are a different kettle of fish and Ox would in my opinion be a risk in CM tomorrow night. As much as I would like to see him start, I reckon it will be Rosicky in ahead of him and Ox to start again at the weekend.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,500 ✭✭✭Fuzzy_Dunlop

It seems Bellerin has been recalled from his loan at Watford, I wonder why?

http://news.arseblog.com/2014/02/bellerin-recalled-from-watford-loan/

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,478 ✭✭✭✭gnfnrhead

cson wrote: »
    I remember thinking a year ago that standards had gone to ****e on this forum; they've gotten worse if anything. I avoid the match threads like the plague now [and from a luck point of view, seeing as the last one I created was the 5-1 loss to Liverpool]. The standard of posting and people trying to rise each other and just general pettiness is embarrassing tbh.

This is the only thread I read in here now. Used to be subscribed to dozens. I'll occasionally read the Ireland thread or whatever but very little else unless it is some big news.

Danny Karbassiyoon is doing a AMA on /r/Gunners on Reddit on Thursday at 9pm.

He is credited with spotting Zelalem and Campbell so far.

• Advertisement

Two cracking champions league ties to look forward to this week and we are part of it.
    Fantastic !!

We can move on now from the petty squabbles with Liverpool and pit ourselves against the very best.

• Administrators, Computer Games Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 32,411 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Mickeroo

I'd be more interested in getting his energy in the middle. Think he's more disciplined defensively than Jack too, whose best form this season has been on the right side. A Flamini, Wilshere, Ozil midfield will struggle badly imo.

I thought Jack's best matches were when he was moved into the middle after Ramsey got injured?

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 4,665 Mod ✭✭✭✭Hyzepher

Any result on Wed that keeps a clean sheet is a huge result for us.

We're on Sky One (Not Sky Sports One, regular ol' Sky One) this week. Is that something that happens often?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,828 ✭✭✭gosplan

gnfnrhead wrote: »
    We're on Sky One (Not Sky Sports One, regular ol' Sky One) this week. Is that something that happens often?

hmm, that feels lucky

• Registered Users Posts: 1,553 ✭✭✭Spanish Johnny

Hyzepher wrote: »
    Any result on Wed that keeps a clean sheet is a huge result for us.

Ya a 0-0 suits us fine I reckon. Our win in Munich has to be in the back of their heads then. All pressure on them too.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 454 ✭✭TheCoolWay

Szczesny

Sagna Mertesacker Koscielny Gibbs

Flamini Wilshere

Rosicky Ozil Cazorla

Giroud

Anything else I'll be genuinely shocked

Mickeroo wrote: »
    I thought Jack's best matches were when he was moved into the middle after Ramsey got injured?
    Not for me, he played his best stuff on the right side with Ramsey in the side, and a fair bit of our best football came over that period. He's much more of a goal threat at RW.

Not for me, he played his best stuff on the right side with Ramsey in the side, and a fair bit of our best football came over that period. He's much more of a goal threat at RW.

I am with Mickeroo on this I have to say.
    He came back into the team with Ramsey got injured and based purely on stats had one goal and three assists in the next four games before he got injured.
    Having Flam doing the donkey work will help.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,128 ✭✭✭✭Oranage2

giroud cheating on his wife! jesus christ thats terrible!

I may be wrong but I think it's his first time to score away from home this season

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,072 ✭✭✭carraig2

Oranage2 wrote: »
    I may be wrong but I think it's his first time to score away from home this season

He scored against Palace anyway, not sure of any others.

Oranage2 wrote: »

:P

He had a terrible record away last year I think and especially outside of London.

Scored against Newcastle, Sunderland, Villa away that I can think of so far this season.

ronjo wrote: »
    I am with Mickeroo on this I have to say.
    He came back into the team with Ramsey got injured and based purely on stats had one goal and three assists in the next four games before he got injured.
    Having Flam doing the donkey work will help.
    Well, he scored twice against Marseille and once against Norwich from the RW. He generally played there or somewhat less effectively on the left during what was our best period football-wise in Oct/Nov.

Well, he scored twice against Marseille and once against Norwich from the RW. He generally played there or somewhat less effectively on the left during what was our best period football-wise in Oct/Nov.

I agree we played best as a team when he was out there, just he wasn't at his best out there. He is much better where Ramsey plays.

With Ramsey out though (when will that be over ffs?) he deserves to play through the centre as he will go box to box.

Without Ramsey we don't have the correct balance in the centre, Wilshere when he plays like he can will provide that.

Agree to disagree then. He used to be best where he is now but this season his form at CM has been very flakey. Works best higher up the pitch where his tendency to look to ghost past players produces positive effects and not negative ones. We haven't been stable in central midfield at all since Ramsey got injured, with or without Wilshere in there. He hasn't displayed the same ability as Ramsey as a two-way midfielder at all this season.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,751 ✭✭✭✭AdamD

Watched this earlier:

He takes some risks but its mostly quick simple passes to keep the play moving, he needs to do more of that and less falling over! Feed Ozil like he fed Cesc, doesn't need to do it all on his own this season.

Watched this earlier:

He takes some risks but its mostly quick simple passes to keep the play moving, he needs to do more of that and less falling over! Feed Ozil like he fed Cesc, doesn't need to do it all on his own this season.

Some performance. Much more zip and urgency to his passing there alright.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,569 ✭✭✭Nemeses2050

Watched this earlier:

I think that has been the problem with Jack in the last few games, he is trying to beat 5 men. All he has to do is keep the ball moving and keep it simple.

Imagine if we had Cesc and that traitor now, we would've runway with the league.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,012 ✭✭✭✭Alfred Borden

:pac:
    BgxH-ZNCEAA9TJ9.jpg:large

Big Per! The gift that keeps on giving :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,828 ✭✭✭gosplan

Christ, a fit Walcott and Ramsey would be enough.

gosplan wrote: »
    Christ, a fit Walcott and Ramsey would be enough.

They'll be a big miss tomorrow.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,379 ✭✭✭Maire2009

Cover for AW's mixtape. (robbed from twitter)

Bgxx41sCUAAH6Tn.jpg

Maire2009 wrote: »
    Cover for AW's mixtape. (robbed from twitter)

Bgxx41sCUAAH6Tn.jpg

It would have been better if "eight years" was just track 8 instead of seven and called "years"

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 10,403 Mod ✭✭✭✭CatInABox

Am at the match tomorrow! Both times I've seen Arsenal this year, they've won and scored two goals, hopefully they manage it this time!

COYG!!

CatInABox wrote: »
    Am at the match tomorrow! Both times I've seen Arsenal this year, they've won and scored two goals, hopefully they manage it this time!

COYG!!

Enjoy mate.
    I hope it's a night to remember.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 35,514 ✭✭✭✭efb

Podolski maybe?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 35,514 ✭✭✭✭efb

CatInABox wrote: »

COYG!!

See you there!!!

Can't wait!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 30,746 ✭✭✭✭Galvasean

Giroud 14 (10)
    Ramsey 13 (8)
    Cazorla 6 (4)
    Walcott 6 (5)
    Podolski 6 (3)
    Ozil 5 (4)
    Wilshere 5 (3)
    Oxlade-Chamberlain 3 (2)
    Arteta 2 (2)
    Mertesacker 2 (2)
    Bendtner 2 (2)
    Rosicky 1 (0)
    Flamini 1 (1)
    Gnabry 1 (1)
    Eisfeld 1 (0)
    Sagna 1 (1)
    Gibbs 1 (0)

Sorry for the delay guys. Got lost exploring mountains and had no internet access.

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement