Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Arsenal Talk/Gossip/Rumours Thread 2013/14 mod warning post #5144

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,573 ✭✭✭2ndcoming

Nervous as hell today! Could be one of those magical nights but anything other than an absolute thumping is respectable against this Bayern outfit.

Just hope the players can give a good account of themselves.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,164 ✭✭✭Royale with Cheese

repair-valve-08.jpg

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,480 ✭✭✭✭cson

I think our performance against them last season was vastly underrated. I'll accept there may have been an element of complacency from them for the return but still; we had them wasting time by the corner flag for a finish.

They then went and put 7 goals on Barcelona to no response over 180 mins. SEVEN. Yeah... they're not bad. :eek:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,205 ✭✭✭Gringo180

greendom wrote: »
    The game at Anfield has made me a bit nervous that things can go wrong with the team. If we play anything like we did there or at St Mary's we could be in for an absolute hiding.

First half is so important for us, keep it tight and if its still 0-0 I really fancy our chance to win the game. Clean sheet would be so valuable because I can see us scoring over there on the counter attack while there chasing the game.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,012 ✭✭✭✭Alfred Borden

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,480 ✭✭✭✭cson

Be epic if we could replicate 1st half Napoli @ home against them for 90mins. And put the tie beyond doubt. 4-0. Easy. Move onto the next game.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,553 ✭✭✭Spanish Johnny

I am in a strange state of calm. I am unsure as to whether or not it comes from a sense of inevitable exit from the CL at the usual stage over the last couple of years or is there some brilliant unexpected night a la Barcelona in 2011 in store.

Looks like it's going to be Rosicky back in at Ox's expense. Understandable in some regards and a little disappointing in others. Hard to see us scoring with out the Ox or Podolski in there but they will see some action and a late goal counts too.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,379 ✭✭✭Maire2009

Only Bayern - be grand!

485614.gif

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,752 ✭✭✭Mr Blobby

Have Football tonight so i'm going to miss the first half... :(

Mr Blobby wrote: »
    Have Football tonight so i'm going to miss the first half... :(

I hope our players aren't feeling the exact same way out on the pitch:D

• Advertisement

Retweeted by John Cross de6df5a87a095ff8020f0677bef9fd20_bigger.jpegGeoff Shreeves ‏@GeoffShreeves 1m
    Yaya Sanogo picked ahead of Olivier Gironde for tonight's game.

Not sure if real but John Cross has retweeted it.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,984 ✭✭✭Soups123

Retweeted by John Cross de6df5a87a095ff8020f0677bef9fd20_bigger.jpegGeoff Shreeves ‏@GeoffShreeves 1m
    Yaya Sanogo picked ahead of Olivier Gironde for tonight's game.

Not sure if real but John Cross has retweeted it.

Sky reporting it too

• Registered Users Posts: 205 ✭✭king Henry 14

Sanogo starts? This is a kick in the nuts for giroud. Will be out of his depth.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,333 ✭✭✭bad2dabone

Soups123 wrote: »
    Sky reporting it too

Girouds head must be gone.

Dumbass.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,462 ✭✭✭✭WoollyRedHat

I think it's a bold move. Let's see if it pays off.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,224 ✭✭✭✭Marty McFly

Been away in Poland lads, delighted with the win over Liverpool can did we play well deserve it?

Whats the general feeling for tonight?

WTF is going on Sanogo is starting jasus. Saw the story about Giroud did he play against Liverpool?

Been away in Poland lads, delighted with the win over Liverpool can did we play well deserve it?

WTF is going on Sanogo is starting jasus. Saw the story about Giroud did he play against Liverpool?

No Marty. Sanogo started and did alright. Offers more in terms of his running but very very raw.

In fairness Giroud may not be mentally in the zone for this or else it could also be disciplinary on Wenger's part.

He came on for five minutes. His head must be cheese. Yaya looks promising but he's completely untested at this level. We did well vs Liverpool considering the amount of regulars he rested. Pool upset they didn't get a penalty.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,207 ✭✭✭Hangballlouie

Why don't you jump in this and watch the game?

0fozd.jpg

bad2dabone wrote: »
    He came on for five minutes. His head must be cheese. Yaya looks promising but he's completely untested at this level. We did well vs Liverpool considering the amount of regulars he rested. Pool upset they didn't get a penalty.

Bendtner has got to be p****d!!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,536 ✭✭✭Dolph Starbeam

Wenger did say they were going going to deal with it. Even though it is a huge game if a players head is not in the right place he is better out of the team. Sanogo play ok against Liverpool, it will be a much tougher test tonight, Dante and Boateng are not the best defenders in the world so hopefully he can cause them some trouble.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,478 ✭✭✭✭gnfnrhead

Could be a master stroke. Bayern would have known what to expect if Giroud started and were likely counting on it since the draw was made. Sanogo is pretty much unknown to them (and almost everyone outside Arsenal) and throws their planning out the window.

Hopefully it works out for us.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,207 ✭✭✭Hangballlouie

He plays like he's pissed.

John Cross ‏@johncrossmirror 3m Giroud hasn't been left out for disciplinary reasons. Just Sanogo preferred. Giroud's head clearly not in a good place. That or he's tired..

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,164 ✭✭✭Royale with Cheese

And this is where not buying a striker in January will come back to bite Wenger in the ass. Sanogo had a somewhat promising first start last weekend, and now he's starting up front against the best team in the world. Should never be in this position. Although I'd have thought it'd be injuries would be the problem here and not some sex scandal.

gnfnrhead wrote: »
    Could be a master stroke. Bayern would have known what to expect if Giroud started and were likely counting on it since the draw was made. Sanogo is pretty much unknown to them (and almost everyone outside Arsenal) and throws their planning out the window.

Hopefully it works out for us.

And a few inside Id say also! Anyway, makes it all the more exciting!

Ya but he's in the past and Yaya could be the future. It's a huge gamble, Wenger has some balls on him

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 52,467 ✭✭✭✭tayto lover

I think it's a bold move. Let's see if it pays off.

Its a stupid move.
    He is an untried rookie and should not be included.

Madness at this stage even if it turns out that he is MOTM.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,536 ✭✭✭Dolph Starbeam

Its a stupid move.

Without knowing more details it hard to know. Maybe Girouds performances in training left Wenger with no choice. In the past if Giroud isn't in the mood you'd struggle to know he is playing. Sanogo played well the other day and didn't drop deep like Giroud does. Huge call from Wenger but I trust him.

• Advertisement

Its a stupid move.

Retarded statement.

It will be a genius move if he has a great game and is MOTM.

YayaBanana wrote: »
    Without knowing more details it hard to know. Maybe Girouds performances in training left Wenger with no choice. In the past if Giroud isn't in the mood you'd struggle to know he is playing. Sanogo played well the other day and didn't drop deep like Giroud does. Huge call from Wenger but I trust him.

I would have gone with Bendtner even though I can't stand him or even Podolski up front.
    This is too big a match for this crap.

Retarded statement.

It will be a genius move if he has a great game and is MOTM.

No its not retarded at all.
    Its too big a gamble at this stage.

YayaBanana wrote: »

True. If that's the case with Giroud and Bendtner is out the door then it's a logical call.

Disappointed Bayern have put Lahm back and Martinez in. Makes them stronger IMO. Does show that Bayern are cautious too though and are not taking this lightly.

It's dashed my hopes about 20%

Disappointed to be going into such a big game with such a raw player leading the line

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 774 ✭✭✭stealinhorses

Sanogoal?

• Advertisement

It's dashed my hopes about 20%

Disappointed to be going into such a big game with such a raw player leading the line

He did ok against Liverpoor but he gave the ball away a lot.
    This game is a huge step up on that and retaining possession is vital.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,456 ✭✭✭wonga77

Lets up the doom and gloom please.

Sanogo first goalscorer 11/1

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,473 ✭✭✭Roddy23

Girouds head must not be right. All his twitter posts lately would suggest it.

He did ok against Liverpoor but he gave the ball away a lot.
    This game is a huge step up on that and retaining possession is vital.

He did well for what we expected but was far from the level needed

Showed great potential but lots of rawness

• Registered Users Posts: 1,379 ✭✭✭Maire2009

I'm rightly annoyed at Giroud though - obviously he only has his wife to apologise to but FFS you are playing for a massive club in with a chance of winning a trophy for the first time in years and because he can't keep his mickey in his pants his "head isn't in it" to do his bloody job. Twat! What did he think would happen???

Good luck to Sanogo tonight, hope he takes his chance.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,558 ✭✭✭✭dreamers75

Wake me up, Yaya Sanogo

Cool chant anyway :D

He did well for what we expected but was far from the level needed

Showed great potential but lots of rawness

Hopefully this will not rebound on Wenger and the lad does well but its a mad gamble. The lad hasn't played 90 minutes of first team football yet.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,428 ✭✭✭.jacksparrow.

Maire2009 wrote: »
    I'm rightly annoyed at Giroud though - obviously he only has his wife to apologise to but FFS you are playing for a massive club in with a chance of winning a trophy for the first time in years and because he can't keep his mickey in his pants his "head isn't in it" to do his bloody job. Twat! What did he think would happen???

Good luck to Sanogo tonight, hope he takes his chance.

Even John Terry put in morn performance s after been caught.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,177 ✭✭✭Irish Aris

I am not expecting anything from this game, I think Bayern is a level up from us.
    So I welcome the Sanogo experiment.

Enjoy the game everybody, should be a great one anyways!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,500 ✭✭✭Fuzzy_Dunlop

I'm just after remembering, isn't Bendtner injured?

I'm just after remembering, isn't Bendtner injured?

Not on bench either. To be honest it looks less of a gamble and more of a necessity now in playing Sanogo with Giroud not right.

Ha ha I wrote "Liverpoor" earlier in a post.
    Freudian slip.

No its not retarded at all.
    Its too big a gamble at this stage.

It is retarded.

"Madness at this stage even if it turns out that he is MOTM."

Basically, he could score 30 goals and you'd still think it was a bad decision?

If it pays off and he does well, it's a genius move. No two ways about it. If he has an awful game and scores an own goal before getting sent off, then you have a point.

Why must the glass always be half empty?

It is retarded.

If it pays off and he does well, it's a genius move. No two ways about it. If he has an awful game and scores an own goal before getting sent off, then you have a point.

I think it's madness at this level. He has been chosen ahead of Giroud, Bendy & Pod.

I know Pod isn't liked through the Middle but I think he could have been effective tonight.

Anyway games up so concentrating on that now

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,224 ✭✭✭✭Marty McFly

It is retarded.

Exactly I'll reserve judgement on Sanogo and whether or not he is ready until after the match.

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement