Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Arsenal Talk/Gossip/Rumours Thread 2013/14 mod warning post #5144

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 52,475 ✭✭✭✭tayto lover

gnfnrhead wrote: »
    It is retarded.

"Madness at this stage even if it turns out that he is MOTM."

Basically, he could score 30 goals and you'd still think it was a bad decision?

If it pays off and he does well, it's a genius move. No two ways about it. If he has an awful game and scores an own goal before getting sent off, then you have a point.

Why must the glass always be half empty?

The lad has at most 90 minutes of first team football under his belt and now he's sent in against the best team in Europe FFS. Its madness but apparently Wenger has nobody else for that position and that's mad too.

You should go out and put 100e on him being MOTM though :rolleyes:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,462 ✭✭✭✭WoollyRedHat

Its a stupid move.
    He is an untried rookie and should not be included.

Madness at this stage even if it turns out that he is MOTM.

If he scores and helps to win the game for Wenger, he'll be held up as a genius, greater than Michaelangelo, all the poets, and Mozart put together.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 52,475 ✭✭✭✭tayto lover

If he scores and helps to win the game for Wenger, he'll be held up as a genius, greater than Michaelangelo, all the poets, and Mozart put together.

Really hope it happens.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,569 ✭✭✭Nemeses2050

TBH no too upset with Sanogo starting

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,128 ✭✭✭✭Oranage2

TBH no too upset with Sanogo starting

I'm a little, he wasn't great against pool, though neither has giroud for a few weeks now, what upsets me is that we should have someone better starting.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,019 ✭✭✭davycc

Good luck tonight lads:) Id give my left nut for Spurs to be in your shoes now instead this bore fest Europa League

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,478 ✭✭✭✭gnfnrhead

What happened Gibbs? I looked away and then Nacho is getting ready. A tackle or muscle injury?

Ah here... We don't deserve this..

Edit; yes!!

That was dull first half :pac:

Never a red. Can it be appealed?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,473 ✭✭✭Roddy23

Sanogo could be a nice little catalyst between now and the seasons end in the league. Very impressed with his contributions so far.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 21,727 ✭✭✭✭Godge

Sczesny has made mistakes like that too often, I thought he had learnt.

Still, all the Liverpool fans jumping all over the match thread make me sick. It was a peno, but the red was doubtful.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,473 ✭✭✭Roddy23

If we can get at Dante I think we'll have some success. He's already been booked. Get some pace in behind him.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,379 ✭✭✭Maire2009

Hoping Boateng will do something stupid shortly and it gets evened out to 10 v 10.

It was a penalty but the added red is ridiculous. The ball was gone, Robben never would have made it ... he always does the acting like he got shot very well to ensure he gets players sent off.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,179 ✭✭✭Irish Aris

Godge wrote: »

Still, all the Liverpool fans jumping all over the match thread make me sick. It was a peno, but the red was doubtful.

one of the reasons I am avoiding match threads. . .the amount of BS you'd hear is unbelievable.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,224 ✭✭✭✭Marty McFly

Ah come on what was he meant to do? It wasn't a blunder he had to go for it tried to avoid hitting Robben but did can happen to any goalkeeper. Never a red though.

• Advertisement

Irish Aris wrote: »
    one of the reasons I am avoiding match threads. . .the amount of BS you'd hear is unbelievable.

There are a few of them that jump in on every Champions League game doing down the English team. It is quite sad actually given Liverpool haven't been near Champions League football for a few years.

Not doing themselves any favours if they get through next season.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,333 ✭✭✭bad2dabone

There are a few of them that jump in on every Champions League game doing down the English team. It is quite sad actually given Liverpool haven't been near Champions League football for a few years.

Not doing themselves any favours if they get through next season.

they make me hope spurs get the 4th spot.

bad2dabone wrote: »
    they make me hope spurs get the 4th spot.

Yep Liverpool certainly have the largest amount of woeful fans on here.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,592 ✭✭✭brevity

All teams have their asshole posters, don't tar us all with the same brush!

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 2,833 ✭✭✭Vinz Mesrine

Yep Liverpool certainly have the largest amount of woeful fans on here.

What exactly have "liverpool fans" said in the match thread to upset you princess?

• Advertisement

It's a small minority that give them a bad name.

What exactly have "liverpool fans" said in the match thread to upset you princess?

:pac::pac::pac::pac: jasus shining a bright light for Liverpool fans with that post aren't you? Good man yourself :rolleyes:.

I never said anything about the match thread just Liverpool fans in general on here, there are some excellent posters who are Liverpool fans such a Nuri Sahin but they also seem to have the largest amount of bad posters.

gnfnrhead wrote: »
    It's a small minority that give them a bad name.

it is. there are only 4 or 5 real bad ones.

:pac::pac::pac::pac: jasus shining a bright light for Liverpool fans with that post aren't you? Good man yourself :rolleyes:.

I never said anything about the match thread just Liverpool fans in general on here, there are some excellent posters who are Liverpool fans such a Nuri Sahin but they also seems to have the largest amount of bad posters.

I asked a simple question. Arsenals biggest game of the season and you are giving out about Liverpool fans, it's a bit strange.

I asked a simple question. Arsenals biggest game of the season and you are giving out about Liverpool fans, it's a bit strange.

A simple question in a childish manner.

Well its a topic that came up I commented on it not strange just boards.

Very funny but there is a return leg to come as well as a F.A. quarter-final against Everton. Plenty of big and bigger games to come.

Very funny but there is a return leg to come as well as a F.A. quarter-final against Everton. Plenty of big and bigger games to come.

I wasn't trying to be funny. This is a much bigger game than Everton.

I wasn't trying to be funny. This is a much bigger game than Everton.

But it is not as big as the second leg and it is only the round of 16.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,984 ✭✭✭Soups123

Disappointing result. 11 V 11 it was game on.

Ref was right with the red and after that it was just impossible against a team like this, they used the bench really well.

Ozil needs a serious kick up the hole his head really is down at the min.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,428 ✭✭✭.jacksparrow.

Really need to focus all our energy on the league now, great chance to win that.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,179 ✭✭✭Irish Aris

Soups123 wrote: »

Ref was right with the red and after that it was just impossible against a team like this, they used the bench really well.

+1.
    Us down to 10 men, you can't really talk about the game.
    Good effort, especially in the first 30 minutes.
    I would be concerned about the level of fatigue for the Saturday game. But I guess with Cazorla and Ox substituted, we will probably be grand.

Unlucky tonight. At least two goals will bring it to ET in Munich this time ;)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,216 ✭✭✭Looper007

Disappointing our keeper went all crazy cause we were really in the game in first 35 minutes. Bayern showed their class in the second half.
    Ozil was awful. Kos was immense.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,984 ✭✭✭Soups123

Looper007 wrote: »
    Disappointing our keeper went all crazy cause we were really in the game in first 35 minutes. Bayern showed their class in the second half.
    Ozil was awful. Kos was immense.

In fairness if he didn't come out and they scored you'd be equally pissed. The run was excellent and he made his decision.

Not a morale beating defeat by any means

• Registered Users Posts: 5,756 ✭✭✭emergingstar

Montreal at fault for the pen

Raeally worried about Saturday

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,881 ✭✭✭TimeToShine

Koscielny was terrific, Wilshere and Flamini ran their hearts out. Ozil was disappointing, I really want to make excuses for him but at this stage I just can't. He needs to be dropped for a while. We also desperately, desperately missed Walcott and Ramsey.

2-0 down everyone including our own fans writing off the tie as over already.

To me that just screams an Arsenal European comeback like we have done before. This tie is far from over Bayern as much a good team they are didn't really impress me that much tonight or give me reason to think the tie is over.

Irish Aris wrote: »
    +1.
    Us down to 10 men, you can't really talk about the game.
    Good effort, especially in the first 30 minutes.
    I would be concerned about the level of fatigue for the Saturday game. But I guess with Cazorla and Ox substituted, we will probably be grand.

I'd drop Ozil for a start, he's in need of a rest and kick in the ass.
    Giroud, Pod and Rocisky should get a start.

I've no complaints the guy's did as well as they could in the second half. One wonder goal and a tired mistake for the goals. Still in the game. I think the FA Cup and League should be our concern. Go all out in the 2nd leg and give it a try.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,012 ✭✭✭✭Alfred Borden

Thought first 35 minutes we were on their level and were unlucky not to be ahead. Red card (deservedly so) killed the game and us off. Was expected though, its not a competition we can realistically challenge for until we get a few more pieces this summer. Focus on the next two league games and Everton in the cup, far more important games for me.

• Advertisement

no, i mean if we take how we started into some other games this season we'll be doing well. A shame Gibbs got injured which led to nacho coming on and he failed to see the run from robben, and Woj was a bit...hasty with the tackle.
    Don't blame the ref - but the rule itself is harsh. ruins the match.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 396 ✭✭ironkiwi

Delighted with the start but thought it was a bit unlucky with the red, serious effort shown after that but why leave on a player who is going to contribute absolutely NOTHING, that was one of the laziest performances I have seen from Ozil! Wilshere was roaring at him in the first half to start closing down, he doesn't seem to care when it comes to defensive duties! When it comes to attack he runs the ball out of play when under pressure

In fairness if he didn't come out and they scored you'd be equally pissed. The run was excellent and he made his decision.

True but rather have had 11 men and been a goal down cause we could have got back into it. But it is what it is.

No not a bad defeat considering we were agaisn't the best team in the world and we were ten men down. Only been beaten two nil doesn't put us out, we still a chance.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,828 ✭✭✭gosplan

A exit without losing morale is actually hard to manage but we might get there.

Go easy on Ozil, he was running into 2/3 players every time he got the ball.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,751 ✭✭✭✭AdamD

If we play with the same intensity as we did in the first 30 minutes for the rest of the season, we'll have a chance at a trophy. Sanogo's raw but having a bit of pace through him and Ox really really helps.

Disappointed, but optimistic.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,756 ✭✭✭emergingstar

I would rest ozil Saturday cause he is wrecked

I don't get the hate about tonight he is not a left back

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,012 ✭✭✭✭Alfred Borden

Ozil worked his socks off tonight and was very good for the first 35 minutes. Im not going to let a penalty miss blur my judgement.
    Bg3jLXgCUAAJ0MR.jpg:large

A good performance overall, bar the result of course.

Obviously losing Gibbs is a blow, but hopefully he will miss almost no time. Fabianski did well when he came on. Chamberlain and Wilshere played well. Sanogo looked good too.

Think Özil was the only real negative from the players. Another poor showing for him. Sunderland on Saturday next. Thats a must win game now.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,382 ✭✭✭✭greendom

13.5kms for Flamini - that's astonishing.

Shows that saying Ozil is not putting the effort in is incorrect too

gosplan wrote: »
    Go easy on Ozil, he was running into 2/3 players every time he got the ball.

I don't agree with that, in the sense in taking it easy on him. His run up to the peno was awful, lack of heart or real desire in it. After that he was strolling around the field and given the ball away. His tracking back was awful and should have been subbed.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,379 ✭✭✭Maire2009

That was a hell of an effort - the first was a wonder goal the second was tiredness. I love Ozil and I know "it's not his game" and I've made excuses for him before, but christ, Cazorla at least tries to close his man down, Mesut jogs around, he couldn't even be bothered to take a run up to the penalty. He thinks he's undroppable and Wenger needs to sort that ASAP - drop him for the weekend.

Giroud thought he was undroppable too - watch him play like a beast now that Sanogo has got a start and the fans are taking a liking to his efforts. On the fans - how amazing was the Emirates tonight - would have loved to have been there.

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement