Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Arsenal Talk/Gossip/Rumours Thread 2013/14 mod warning post #5144

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 52,475 ✭✭✭✭tayto lover

I don't blame Ozil either BUT his penalty was awful and changed the game as we lost tempo and confidence then.

We started very well. I rate Saturday's game now as very important. We have to win that.

Sanogo in fairness did well but is very raw. He is one for the future and it was awful he had to be tried tonight.
    Kos and Mert were brilliant yet again.
    Rush of blood by Chez but he's young too if still a bit petulant.

No shame losing 2 nil tonight.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,179 ✭✭✭Irish Aris

greendom wrote: »
    13.5kms for Flamini - that's astonishing.

Shows that saying Ozil is not putting the effort in is incorrect too[/QUOTE]

true. I wouldn't expect to see him in that statistic. Go figure. . .

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,751 ✭✭✭✭AdamD

Ozil was rubbish, sure. But you can't continue to complain about his work rate when there's a big ****ing stat above your post saying he ran the 3rd most out of anyone on the pitch

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,428 ✭✭✭.jacksparrow.

We have such a great chance for the league, really should focus our attention on it ans really go for it.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,012 ✭✭✭✭Alfred Borden

Hate losing but not heartbroken like usual tonight. Expected it. Proud of the team. Know there is bigger and more realistic tests for us to come and maybe we can challenge Bayern next year.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,756 ✭✭✭emergingstar

Once there is no hangover to Saturday I'm not bothered about tonight

But what the first 35mins showed me is that I would be having a serious go over there

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,224 ✭✭✭✭Marty McFly

I dont get this focus on the league now stuff?

Did we watch the same game, that Bayern team are well beatable and took a red card for them to look convincing tie is far from over.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,766 ✭✭✭farna_boy

I think the fact that Gibbs went off as well before the red card actually did us more damage in a way. If we had been able to make two subs, we possibly could have done a bit better in the second half.

Also think it's a pity Giroud wasn't able to play tonight (for whatever reason). That type of game would have been made for him just holding up the ball up front and giving the defence a rest.

It will be tough, but I'd say the tie is far from over and I could actually see us winning in Munich.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 26,458 ✭✭✭✭gandalf

Can't believe another CL night has been decided by a Red ****ing Card.

Great performance by the team keeping the score down, I expected us to get beaten with 11 men. When we went down to 10 I was expecting a cricket score but my god that team showed some defensive steel and backbone. It took two top drawer goals to beat us.

Sanogo is not as bad as we feared and gives us something different up front.

Flamini has to play ahead of Arteta if he is fit.

Jack put in a good shift tonight, he still needs to sort out his passing accuracy but the lad bleeds Arsenal red!

Ozil desperately needs to score a goal even a crap 3 yard bobbler that bounces in off his arse.

We need to have a massive game this weekend against Sunderland.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,205 ✭✭✭Gringo180

HEROIC performance from the lads tonight. If I was to give a man of the match I would of went with Mertesacker he was just immense. Red card killed us, ref had no choice to send him off but what a ridiculous rule a penalty is enough punishment in those circumstances. We really do seem to be luckless in these big games always something seems to go against us :(:( GUTTED :( But proud of the team!!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,382 ✭✭✭✭greendom

Hopefully Gibbs won't be out for too long

• Registered Users Posts: 6,333 ✭✭✭bad2dabone

we need to come out swinging against sunderland, really give them a shoeing. We've not done that in a while.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,300 ✭✭✭HazDanz

Very proud of the team. That wasn't easy and for a large majority of the game, in terms of clear chances we had Bayern at arms distance. The last goal could have been avoided but overall a decent display.

11 v 11 we were game against them. 10 v 11 it was never going to end well.

Last years away game at the Allianz will give us hope and I think we should go there with heads high ready to demand Bayern to be at their best. Never know what could happen.

bad2dabone wrote: »
    we need to come out swinging against sunderland, really give them a shoeing. We've not done that in a while.

I will take a scabby one nil if it was offered

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 29,119 ✭✭✭✭Quazzie

I will take a scabby one nil if it was offered

We need to get our swagger back. Defensively we seem to be actually ok (20 mins against L'pool aside) but offensively we need a rout to get us going again

Ballack saying Ozil looks a bit lost.

maybe he's right. See flammers chewing him out.

It makes me sad how he's not quite living up to expectations.

Guardiola on now - class act.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 19,341 ✭✭✭✭Chucky the tree

Covering ground doesn't really mean you put in huge effort. For example it's easy for a professional footballer to cover 11km if they do it at slow jog. It's much harder to cover 11km at fast jog or else in sprint bursts though. I think if you watched Ozil today it's hard not to come away with the opinion that he slacked off in his tracking a number of times.

I'd like to see what Sanogo could do against poorer opposition where we would have the majority of the possession. Giroud will probably start though, bit risky to play Sanogo 3 times in 6 days after coming back from injury.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,382 ✭✭✭✭greendom

Raf32 wrote: »
    Ozil worked his socks off tonight and was very good for the first 35 minutes. Im not going to let a penalty miss blur my judgement.
    Bg3jLXgCUAAJ0MR.jpg:large

Can someone show this to the RTE panel ?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,179 ✭✭✭Irish Aris

HazDanz wrote: »
    Very proud of the team. That wasn't easy and for a large majority of the game, in terms of clear chances we had Bayern at arms distance. The last goal could have been avoided but overall a decent display.

11 v 11 we were game against them. 10 v 11 it was never going to end well.

Last years away game at the Allianz will give us hope and I think we should go there with heads high ready to demand Bayern to be at their best. Never know what could happen.

and that's the reason I feel it will be very difficult to turn things around. I think they will be prepared to death, having in mind last year's game. But I agree that we need to give it a go, if for nothing else just to show we are near the top level again.

Quazzie wrote: »
    We need to get our swagger back. Defensively we seem to be actually ok (20 mins against L'pool aside) but offensively we need a rout to get us going again

Oh I agree

But on Saturday we will be prob wrecked I just want a win and move on

Feel a bot sorry for Ozil, there is huge pressure on him to perform, especially as he is our 1st big signing of a supposedly new era.

People expecting so much from him.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,984 ✭✭✭Soups123

Covering ground doesn't really mean you put in huge effort. For example it's easy for a professional footballer to cover 11km if they do it at slow jog. It's much harder to cover 11km at fast job or else in sprint bursts though. I think if you watched Ozil today it's hard not to come away with the opinion that he slacked off in his tracking a number of times.

It doesn't but when he covered the 3rd most ground and was being called lazy the stats prove otherwise

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 396 ✭✭ironkiwi

Raf32 wrote: »
    Ozil worked his socks off tonight and was very good for the first 35 minutes. Im not going to let a penalty miss blur my judgement.
    Bg3jLXgCUAAJ0MR.jpg:large

That just shows he ran a good distance tonight, he didnt do much else though. I know some will disagree and we all want to see him do well but he was poor. How he covers that distance with that lazy jog of his I'll never know :-)

Ballack saying Ozil looks a bit lost.

maybe he's right. See flammers chewing him out.

It makes me sad how he's not quite living up to expectations.

Guardiola on now - class act.

Leave the media and other clubs fans write off ozil

When we give him tools he will come good and prove his worth

• Advertisement

Feel a bot sorry for Ozil, there is huge pressure on him to perform, especially as he is our 1st big signing of a supposedly new era.

People expecting so much from him.

I think he just needs a break and a preseason with the lads. It's his first season he will adjust he is world class.

World Cup will give him a lift hopefully

Soups123 wrote: »
    I think he just needs a break and a preseason with the lads. It's his first season he will adjust he is world class.

World Cup will give him a lift hopefully

Media will always focus on him more because of arsenal s lack of spending through the years, and him been the first big money signing.

Look at Torres for 50 million for chelsea, not much talk of him.

It doesn't but when he covered the 3rd most ground and was being called lazy the stats prove otherwise

I suppose it depends on what people's definition of lazy is.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,379 ✭✭✭Maire2009

Ozil is world class - completely and utterly. I just love a bit of passion as well ... also, I have my period which is a very valid excuse for my lashing out at the man I love. You guys have no idea of the feelings I'm going through now - I need a hug so bad :( ... and chocolate!

Liverpool game last Sunday was far bigger, far more realistic chance of a trophy. Ozil needs a rest now give him Sunderland off, play Santi central with Podolski on the left behind Giroud. Should be a freshened up team and gives recovery time to Ozil, Yaya, etc.

• Advertisement

Maire2009 wrote: »
    Ozil is world class - completely and utterly. I just love a bit of passion as well ... also, I have my period which is a very valid excuse for my lashing out at the man I love. You guys have no idea of the feelings I'm going through now - I need a hug so bad :( ... and chocolate!

Too much info

To much info

Also Ramsey will be a week closer to coming back this weekend. Miss his engine so much.

I suppose it depends on what people's definition of lazy is.

A lot suggested he was lazy tonight, he covered the ground but just wasn't effective.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,572 ✭✭✭TheGunns

Won't lie, feels terrible losing like that. Felt like it was going to be a special night and then dashed. Proud of the performance but it was almost sickening watching us play like that. Almost certain I slated Monreal in here before and I'd do so again if I was so disappointed in him to bother.

Hopefully we bounce back, never felt so bad this season about a result :o

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,478 ✭✭✭✭gnfnrhead

Whats the current injury list? Wondering who we can afford to rest on the weekend.

gnfnrhead wrote: »
    Whats the current injury list? Wondering who we can afford to rest on the weekend.

T Vermaelen Calf/Shin Injury 1st Mar 14
    K Kallstrom Back Injury no return date
    T Walcott ACL Knee Injury no return date
    A Ramsey Thigh Muscle Strain 22nd Mar 14
    V Diaby ACL Knee Injury no return date

also whatever occured tonight with gibbs.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 52,475 ✭✭✭✭tayto lover

TheGunns wrote: »
    Won't lie, feels terrible losing like that. Felt like it was going to be a special night and then dashed. Proud of the performance but it was almost sickening watching us play like that. Almost certain I slated Monreal in here before and I'd do so again if I was so disappointed in him to bother.

Hopefully we bounce back, never felt so bad this season about a result :o

I actually felt worse after the nil all with United and the toothless displays at City and Pool.

gnfnrhead wrote: »

Wouldn't mind:

Woj
    Jenks Mert Kosc Monreal
    Flamini Wilshere
    Arteta probably comes in but I hate Flam/Artetacombo
    Ox Cazorla Podolski
    Giroud

A lot suggested he was lazy tonight, he covered the ground but just wasn't effective.

As I said, I think it depends on definitions. For example If player A has a players runs after him an covers that 20 metres is 4 seconds then fair enough. Same situation and player B covers the ground in 10 seconds then I wouldn't begrudge anyone calling player B lazy personally.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,254 ✭✭✭shano_88

The first half hour we were brilliant and I'm actually happy with how they performed after despite the result. Last goal was an absolute killer.

Bayern are something else though. Such an impressive second half performance.

• Advertisement

T Vermaelen Calf/Shin Injury 1st Mar 14
    K Kallstrom Back Injury no return date
    T Walcott ACL Knee Injury no return date
    A Ramsey Thigh Muscle Strain 22nd Mar 14
    V Diaby ACL Knee Injury 3rd Apr 17

also whatever occured tonight with gibbs.

Looking forward to Diaby returning the most.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,224 ✭✭✭✭Marty McFly

Yea I really enjoy his annual game.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,379 ✭✭✭Maire2009

Too much info

To much info

auntirma.jpg

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,435 ✭✭✭wandatowell

Damn it, Bayern are top class. No shame in losing to a great team.

Roll on the weekend!

I think we should start Sanogo on Saturday.

Against Liverpool and again tonight we look a better side with him in it.

Yea I really enjoy his annual game.

It's always a special time for everyone involved.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,435 ✭✭✭wandatowell

Do you think he might actually finish the season off?

Really pissed at flaminI for getting in ozils face, he played 90 mins against pool twice over the last week and 90 tonight.

Still covered a lot of ground.

He was playing left back, not his position at all.

Wenger didn't buy him for his defensive abilities.

Looks like Ox picked up a knock

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,205 ✭✭✭Gringo180

Those match threads hurt my eyes :mad::mad::eek:

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement