Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Arsenal Talk/Gossip/Rumours Thread 2013/14 mod warning post #5144

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,435 ✭✭✭wandatowell

Maire2009 wrote: »
    auntirma.jpg

Ah Aunt Irma.

Again, too much info

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,300 ✭✭✭HazDanz

Do you think he might actually finish the season off?

He's supposed to be back isn't? I'd love to see him back for the last few games of the season.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,379 ✭✭✭Maire2009

A touch of the Keown about Flamini's reaction. I was iffy about him coming back but jeez I love his passion.

http://vine.co/v/MZdFO9gLbvO

HazDanz wrote: »
    He's supposed to be back isn't? I'd love to see him back for the last few games of the season.

Having a fit Diaby back for 5 or so Premier League games would be a huge boost. Having someone charge from midfield to support our CF would be great to see.

Anybody know when his deal is up? would it be this summer???

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,500 ✭✭✭Fuzzy_Dunlop

I think we should start Sanogo on Saturday.

Against Liverpool and again tonight we look a better side with him in it.

Nah he looked wrecked at the end there. He did well in the two games though. Will be nice when he gets a goal

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,012 ✭✭✭✭Alfred Borden

One thing I will say about Ozil which is worrying. I saw Wilshere and Flamini tear into him tonight, put that along with Mert and just doesnt look good for team chemistry.

Having a fit Diaby back for 5 or same Premier League games would be a huge boost. Having someone charge from midfield to support our CF would be great to see.

It's next year i'm pretty sure. Someone might correct me on that.

He could be our pocket ace yet.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,012 ✭✭✭✭Alfred Borden

Having a fit Diaby back for 5 or so Premier League games would be a huge boost. Having someone charge from midfield to support our CF would be great to see.

Summer 2015 I think

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 52,475 ✭✭✭✭tayto lover

Can't believe how injury prone Gibbs is. Very unlucky lad.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,428 ✭✭✭.jacksparrow.

Raf32 wrote: »
    One thing I will say about Ozil which is worrying. I saw Wilshere and Flamini tear into him tonight, put that along with Mert and just doesnt look good for team chemistry.

See what big money players bring!

• Advertisement

Can't believe how injury prone Gibbs is. Very unlucky lad.

He was super tonight before he was taken off. He was causing Bayern problems countering which was great to see and putting in blocks excellently for crosses.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,333 ✭✭✭bad2dabone

It's next year i'm pretty sure. Someone might correct me on that.

He could be our pocket ace yet.

sadly i just dont thnk his body is up for top level football. he's a lovely player though. a real shame we never saw his best for long enough.

Bg3wqmBCQAAeskQ.jpg

What a shower of knobs!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,456 ✭✭✭wonga77

Has anyone seen the video of robben spitting on sagna doing the rounds on twitter?

I dont think Ozil is used to the defensive situations he has found himself under at times with Arsenal this season. Can't imagine Madrid playing the way we end up doing sometimes.

He's great though. Cannot wait to see him next season.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,756 ✭✭✭emergingstar

Bg3wqmBCQAAeskQ.jpg

What a shower of knobs!

I think cûnts is the word your looking for

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,224 ✭✭✭✭Marty McFly

The problem with Diaby even when fit the type of runs or games you are talking about happened far to infrequently he was more likely to play 8 terrible games for every good game he had.

Now maybe if he stayed fit and wasn't always in the nurses office we might have seen the best of him more often.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,361 ✭✭✭Boskowski

wonga77 wrote: »
    Has anyone seen the video of robben spitting on sagna doing the rounds on twitter?

We have and its bollix

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 26,458 ✭✭✭✭gandalf

Bg3wqmBCQAAeskQ.jpg

What a shower of knobs!

The players should be shown that ****e before every match. Let's show those so called journalists from that rag what we are really made of.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,478 ✭✭✭✭gnfnrhead

It would be the same for anyone who sulks around the pitch like Özil has been lately. Wilshere, Flamini and Mertesacker seem like the unofficial captains.

• Advertisement

wonga77 wrote: »

Definately not spit.

I dont think Ozil is used to the defensive situations he has found himself under at times with Arsenal this season. Can't imagine Madrid playing the way we end up doing sometimes.

He's great though. Cannot wait to see him next season.

This.

His qualities are the total opposite of defending. That's not his fault, that's just the player he is.

Can't expect him to be some defensive genius all of a sudden.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,478 ✭✭✭✭gnfnrhead

This.

His qualities are the total opposite of defending. That's not his fault, that's just the player he is.

Can't expect him to be some defensive genius all of a sudden.

Tracking back is a basic part of being a player. It's not what he is used to be he should still be able to do it to a higher standard.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,224 ✭✭✭✭Marty McFly

Definately not spit.

I don't know hard to make out but to me it looks like he spat imo.

Wenger seemed very downbeat after tonight.

I think he sensed our chance was there in the first 30 minutes but we bottled it in some regards.

Hope he can pick himself and the team up for Saturday.

gnfnrhead wrote: »
    Tracking back is a basic part of being a player. It's not what he is used to be he should still be able to do it to a higher standard.

He was though, he's just not very good at it.

gandalf wrote: »
    The players should be shown that ****e before every match. Let's show those so called journalists from that rag what we are really made of.

What was their take on City today? Were they heroes going down in battle to the mighty Barcelona?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,569 ✭✭✭Nemeses2050

I wouldn't be too worried about that you see them all having a ball in the training...sometime you need those in ya face wake-up calls.

Ozil just needs to do more running up to the ball for penalties.

Let's get it right where it matters.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,333 ✭✭✭bad2dabone

ì was firmly in the spit camp, but this image has changed my mind, i think its sweat now:

article-2563335-1BA735B700000578-74_636x476.jpg

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 10,403 Mod ✭✭✭✭CatInABox

Just back from the game now, disappointed in the result, but not in the lads at all.

They went toe to toe with the European champions for 35, with a red card that killed our ability to control the game being the major changing point. Up until that point, I really thought that we could get something from this game.

Second half, we were pinned back, and eventually their pressure paid off.

All in all though, not terribly down about it. I moped around for days after the Liverpool result, but after this? I'm fired up, and I'd say the lads should be too.

If we played like we played for the first 35 minutes against any other team in the league, I'd say we've a great chance of winning any game.

I'm just thinking that its not Robben's style.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,721 ✭✭✭Al Capwned

Just had a read in here lads, an to be honest I'm surprised with the general acceptance of the red card for your goalkeeper.
    I thought it was very harsh - was it a clear goalscoring opportunity.
    I really don't think so, and I reckon Szczesny was harshly dismissed.

He could be looking at a lengthier ban though now because of that 'gesture' he made?

• Registered Users Posts: 8,984 ✭✭✭Soups123

Wenger seemed very downbeat after tonight.

I think he sensed our chance was there in the first 30 minutes but we bottled it in some regards.

Hope he can pick himself and the team up for Saturday.
    No way tonight was a bottle job, we were in it but at 10 men was impossible

1656303_3977219364463_1852584973_n.jpg

Proud when we win, loyal when we lose. Arsenal til I die! Victoria Concordia Crescit!

On that note, it is goodnight from me.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,205 ✭✭✭Gringo180

What an absolute rag that Mirror newspaper is, why oh why do they love to slate us?? Wanckers boil my blood!!!!

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 10,403 Mod ✭✭✭✭CatInABox

Bg3wqmBCQAAeskQ.jpg

What a shower of knobs!

If we don't beat Bayern in the second leg (I'm a hopeless optimist :D), I'd love to see what they'll do to Chelsea, and more importantly, what the Mirror would write about the result.

As a matter of interest, I'd really love to see what Bayern would do to Chelsea if Chelsea only had ten men.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,752 ✭✭✭Mr Blobby

Just home from Football where we got hammered..
    Not totally surprised by the result but I was told we played well until the Szczesny sending off.

I did score a hat trick tonight though :D
    In 5 a side..

Al Capwned wrote: »
    Just had a read in here lads, an to be honest I'm surprised with the general acceptance of the red card for your goalkeeper.
    I thought it was very harsh - was it a clear goalscoring opportunity.
    I really don't think so, and I reckon Szczesny was harshly dismissed.

He could be looking at a lengthier ban though now because of that 'gesture' he made?

The way its phrased in the laws of football is as follows:
    denying an obvious goalscoring opportunity to an opponent moving towards the player's goal by an offence punishable by a free kick or a penalty kick

It certainly is an obvious goalscoring opportunity. Thats not saying Robben will absolutely score here 100% every time.

I don't like that rule btw, I think its too harsh and effectively ends the match which I'm sure is not what the rules intends to do. They'll have to think of something better here.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,254 ✭✭✭shano_88

1656303_3977219364463_1852584973_n.jpg

Proud when we win, loyal when we lose. Arsenal til I die! Victoria Concordia Crescit!

On that note, it is goodnight from me.

Great photo

• Advertisement

Boskowski wrote: »
    The way its phrased in the laws of football is as follows:

It certainly is an obvious goalscoring opportunity. Thats not saying Robben will absolutely score here 100% every time.

I don't like that rule btw, I think its too harsh and effectively ends the match which I'm sure is not what the rules intends to do. They'll have to think of something better here.

tbh I dunno if it is mate. It's an opportunity, but is it an obvious one?? I just think with the direction and distance the ball was played, you couldn't be absolutely certain that it was.

Still think it was very harsh on the keeper.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 53,262 ✭✭✭✭GavRedKing

CatInABox wrote: »
    If we don't beat Bayern in the second leg (I'm a hopeless optimist :D), I'd love to see what they'll do to Chelsea, and more importantly, what the Mirror would write about the result.

As a matter of interest, I'd really love to see what Bayern would do to Chelsea if Chelsea only had ten men.

The rags will always write up s**t, nothing new there.

We've already beat them at their home in a UCL final and were seconds away from a Super Cup victory after playing about 30mins with 10 men.

I dont fear Bayern at all but I'd still expect them to beat us over 2 legs if we draw them in the QF.

Al Capwned wrote: »
    tbh I dunno if it is mate. It's an opportunity, but is it an obvious one?? I just think with the direction and distance the ball was played, you couldn't be absolutely certain that it was.

Still think it was very harsh on the keeper.

But then you can never be certain of anything. People have stumbled a yard away from the goal with no one in front of them. The ref has to make a judgement call on that in an instant.

I still believe you're looking at it the wrong way. The rules aren't saying it has to be a 100% clear goal. The rules say it has to be an obvious opportunity. Using the word opportunity makes it very clear what is meant here.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,756 ✭✭✭emergingstar

Had a quick flick through the match thread

Jayus lads I don't no how ye do it

Boskowski wrote: »
    But then you can never be certain of anything. People have stumbled a yard away from the goal with no one in front of them. The ref has to make a judgement call on that in an instant.

I still believe you're looking at it the wrong way. The rules aren't saying it has to be a 100% clear goal. The rules say it has to be an obvious opportunity. Using the word opportunity makes it very clear what is meant here.

Oh i know that, and I do think I understand the way the laws should be interpreted.
    I just think it wasn't an 'obvious opportunity' as is said in the LOTG, or a 'clear goal chance' or whatever other way you want to put it, ya know.

Anyway, said my bit. I'll go now while I'm in credit haha.

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 4,665 Mod ✭✭✭✭Hyzepher

I can take a defeat to Bayern no problem but with the start we had and the way the game played out, it's very hard to take the result tonight. I believe we were one good kick away from a memorable night.

I have to say that Ozil was pants tonight. A lot of running but no real awareness of the threat down the left. AW must take some blame as he did nothing to try and nullify it.

I like Ozil but the way the team is set up at the moment doesn't suit him. When we get a little more pace into the team I believe he'll shine.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,711 ✭✭✭keano_afc

Damage done again by not topping the group. Also, frustrating to see the team start at such a pace when this time last week against a vastly inferior team they were beyond pedestrian. They can do it, wish they'd do it more often.

All in all, an unfortunate end. But they didn't disgrace themselves.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,665 ✭✭✭✭extra gravy

Have to say that I don't miss Giroud. We've shown much more energy going forward in the last two games than we do when he's in the team. I'd stick with Sanogo for the Sunderland game to see what he can do in a game where we have the majority of possession.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,382 ✭✭✭✭greendom

Have to say that I don't miss Giroud. We've shown much more energy going forward in the last two games than we do when he's in the team. I'd stick with Sanogo for the Sunderland game to see what he can do in a game where we have the majority of possession.

Think the competition could give Giroud the kick he needs. I'd like to see him against Sunderland. Plenty of tired legs out there tonight. AW needs to be clever with his team selection on Saturday.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,516 ✭✭✭jonneymendoza

I am back from the emirates.

First of all great atmosphere! the Home croud really raised the roof! was epic!

The first 15mins we matched Bayern and should have been 2:0 up!

Ozil is a waste. HE NEEDS TO BE BENCHED. he was so awful it was not even funny. 40m player and cant score a ****ing penalty or raise is game in a big match like this?

That Bayern player called koss raised his ****ing game and scored a wonder goal. That is what i expect from Ozil but where was he?

im afraid that useless german player is ashavin mk2. a waste and this time next year will be a bit part player.

On wenger:

Why did u take of the Ox? TAKE OF OZIL. he was our worse player tonight! EVEN FLAMINI HAD A GO AT HIM! WHAT IS WRONG WITH WENGER!!!

yES I KNOW HE COST US 40M BUT SO WHAT!!! BENCH THE USELESS FOOL!!! WE practically played with 9 men tonight!

On the return leg: at least we can start with 11 men and possibly drop Ozil so we still have a chance.

if we can even play just 1 hour of the same tempo and determination as the first 15mins we have ****ing chance of knocking these fools out.

seriously Bayern are not all that. We gifted them the win by basically saying "Hi bayern, we'll play u with our hands tied behind our back, good luck"

11v11 and we would have spanked these overated bunch of players easily.

rant over and yes i am drunk or high or on something anyway.

Hope you enjoyed my post

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement