Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Arsenal Talk/Gossip/Rumours Thread 2013/14 mod warning post #5144

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,665 ✭✭✭✭extra gravy

I am back from the emirates.

im afraid that useless german player is ashavin mk2. a waste and this time next year will be a bit part player.

/QUOTE]

:pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 3,516 ✭✭✭jonneymendoza

im afraid that useless german player is ashavin mk2. a waste and this time next year will be a bit part player.

/QUOTE]

:pac:

You just watch and see. Its Ashavin all over again

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,361 ✭✭✭Boskowski

The first 15mins we matched Bayern and should have been 2:0 up!

And who won you that first penalty with nice individual play?

Anyway, no bothers, seems you had a good time anyway. I'm sure there'll be times when you love him again.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,516 ✭✭✭jonneymendoza

Boskowski wrote: »
    And who won you that first penalty with nice individual play?

Anyway, no bothers, seems you had a good time anyway. I'm sure there'll be times when you love him again.

and who missed the penalty and then went missing for the rest of the match and had flamini shouting at that said player for playing ****?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,478 ✭✭✭✭gnfnrhead

greendom wrote: »
    Think the competition could give Giroud the kick he needs. I'd like to see him against Sunderland. Plenty of tired legs out there tonight. AW needs to be clever with his team selection on Saturday.

Three games in a week might be a bit much for a young player just back from a fairly long term injury. I wouldnt want to risk him but we might not have any other choice. Just hope he gets a couple of goals soon to really put the pressure on Giroud.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,553 ✭✭✭Spanish Johnny

First of all great atmosphere! the Home croud really raised the roof! was epic!

The first 15mins we matched Bayern and should have been 2:0 up!

Ozil is a waste. HE NEEDS TO BE BENCHED. he was so awful it was not even funny. 40m player and cant score a ****ing penalty or raise is game in a big match like this?

That Bayern player called koss raised his ****ing game and scored a wonder goal. That is what i expect from Ozil but where was he?

On wenger:

Why did u take of the Ox?
    TAKE OF OZIL. he was our worse player tonight! EVEN FLAMINI HAD A GO AT HIM! WHAT IS WRONG WITH WENGER!!!

yES I KNOW HE COST US 40M BUT SO WHAT!!! BENCH THE USELESS FOOL!!! WE practically played with 9 men tonight!

On the return leg: at least we can start with 11 men and possibly drop Ozil so we still have a chance.

if we can even play just 1 hour of the same tempo and determination as the first 15mins we have ****ing chance of knocking these fools out.

seriously Bayern are not all that. We gifted them the win by basically saying "Hi bayern, we'll play u with our hands tied behind our back, good luck"

11v11 and we would have spanked these overated bunch of players easily.

rant over and yes i am drunk or high or on something anyway.

Hope you enjoyed my post

Possibly because he is just coming back from injury and we do not want a recurrence like Theo and Ramsey? Just a thought. And I understand the emotion but maybe the emotion and alcohol is overwhelming the post:o

Enjoy the night!

So......

Trying to separate this post from the emotion of the night and maybe look to the next few games.

Brilliant set up from the start. Sanogo and Ox were excellent and promising. Wilshere was too in terms of his discipline defending and urgency in moving the ball. Flamini and back 4 doing their jobs.

Being composed and rational....Ozil penalty was ...disappointing. He scores and he has outwitted the Gk..misses and we know the rest.

After 8 minutes I thought it was going to be a special night but I was disappointed at how flat the crowd went after we missed the penalty.

Rationally we are not going to win the CL. Even if we beat Bayern. But I would not give up the tie as Carragher suggested. You can genuinely see the difference between competitors and pretenders the past two nights.

Also what a masterclass from our next Manager Guardiola;) taking off Boateng on a yellow when we were due to run at him, leaving Robben on Monreal consistently after the sending off moving Lahm forward. Have to recognise excellence.

Regarding Ozil - I do accept he has not a lot to work with lately but we must also face up to his limitations and not be afraid to criticise. We need to be more mature and accept many of us have been disappointed with his attitude and application. It does not make him **** but it makes peoples views acceptable..

I am very worried about Saturday. Sunderland played a weak team last Saturday and had their game this day week called off against Man City. Make no mistake this will hurt us. Have to be at our best.

Don't forget in the last 10 days we played Liverpool, Man United, Liverpool and Bayern Munich. That's gonna hurt.

Love Arsenal. COYG!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,752 ✭✭✭Mr Blobby

I really hope you're joking..

I know we lost, but I am a very happy gooner tonight. To go that long with 10 players without conceding against Bayern is something. Proper hunger and thirst.

Ozil needs some bench time, Sanogo was piss poor as a lone striker, he didn't have a clue what to do when we went down to ten men. Gibbs (and lack if back up) will be a worry, Kos and Mert were immense. Santi should have stayed, Ozil should have gone. Oxo should have stayed on in place of Sanogo and lastly...

...There is no better back up keeper in the premier league. Fabianski was great tonight.

• Advertisement

I know we lost, but I am a very happy gooner tonight. To go that long with 10 players without conceding against Bayern is something. Proper hunger and thirst.

Ozil needs some bench time, Sanogo was piss poor as a lone striker, he didn't have a clue what to do when we went down to ten men. Gibbs (and lack if back up) will be a worry, Kos and Mert were immense. Santi should have stayed, Ozil should have gone. Oxo should have stayed on in place of Sanogo and lastly...

...There is no better back up keeper in the premier league. Fabianski was great tonight.

To be fair we only went 20 mins without conceding, Sanogo did well and given our record regarding players coming back from injury then resting Ox was a good decision. He wasnt taken off because he played bad.g

• Administrators, Computer Games Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 32,411 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Mickeroo

What's the word on Gibbs? Will he miss a few games?

To be fair we went 20 mins without conceding,

My bad. Bit pissed :)

Still, how many goals did liverpool score in 20 mins against us?

I wont fault any Arsenal player for their performance on that field tonight. They gave everything and believe me im not giving up on this tie.

The criticism of players is ridiculous considering we went down to ten men early enough.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,128 ✭✭✭✭Oranage2

A performance to be proud of and one of the best first halves of football I've seen in a while. But the tie was killed at the sending off.

Sanago looked very tidy though I'm not sure what he's like in front of goal.

Ozil I feel has been a little disappointing since about Christmas onwards, I don't blame him for the Peno miss but he must improve his attitude.

Sycney has only himself to blame for the sending off, he does some rash things but he is still young and already he has cut out a lot of crap he's done before.

It was against Bayern last season when we really kicked off, we've been a bit stale lately so hopefully it happens again.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,183 ✭✭✭UnknownSpecies

There's honestly no way we can be be overly critical of the team after that match. Even with 11 men, not many expected us to stay within 2 goals. The sending off ruined the game and our game plan. We've won at Munich before, so let's go there with belief, get stuck in and leave with another 0-2 result!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,493 ✭✭✭ronjo

Is it just me or since Liverpool mini revival in the league SOME of their fans have turned into insufferable trolls.
    I know most are sound but there must be 3 or 4 of them constantly at it.
    Maybe they have most fans here but they seem to be the only ones doing it.

Its got to the stage that I actually hope Spurs finish ahead of them now !

Oh and at least we have a lot of players rested for Saturday.

Giroud (if his heads right), Podolski, Arteta, Santi, Rosicky and Gnabry could all potentially come in after none playing more than 45 mins during the week and four of them not playing at all.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 35,514 ✭✭✭✭efb

Morning after the night before...

Great best for the match excellent first half, but going down to ten men against Bayern meant only energy thing....

Well taken first goal too.

Bayern are a class above arsenal so I'm not that disappointed tbf

My seat

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,828 ✭✭✭gosplan

ronjo wrote: »
    Is it just me or since Liverpool mini revival in the league SOME of their fans have turned into insufferable trolls.

I really hope they qualify. Simply so the more annoying of their fans will have something to do midweek rather than clogging up CL match threads pointing out all the weaknesses they can identify in teams ahead of them in the table.

Just look at their posting history guys. Any Liverpool fan who spent 5 hours in the match thread last night but 5 mins in the City one the previous night should be mass ignored by all of us.

Same with any of the Liverpool fans that spend more time posting in the Utd thread.

The chip on their shoulder outweighs any good reason to enter into discussion with them.

• Advertisement

gosplan wrote: »
    I really hope they qualify. Simply so the more annoying of their fans will have something to do midweek rather than clogging up CL match threads pointing out all the weaknesses they can identify in teams ahead of them in the table.

Just look at their posting history guys. Any Liverpool fan who spent 5 hours in the match thread last night but 5 mins in the City one the previous night should be mass ignored by all of us.

Same with any of the Liverpool fans that spend more time posting in the Utd thread.

The chip on their shoulder outweighs any good reason to enter into discussion with them.

Yeah, I guess you are right. As I said, most are sound but some are so annoying. I have never used the ignore button but maybe its time to start.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,428 ✭✭✭.jacksparrow.

I think because Suarez publicly stated he wanted to join us they are still a bit sore.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,990 ✭✭✭wawaman

He said after the game he took off Oxtail-Chambermaid because he was carrying an injury since half time

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,382 ✭✭✭✭greendom

Tony O'Donaghue - what a complete and utter c**k

Tony O'Donaghue - what a complete and utter c**k

what did he say?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,382 ✭✭✭✭greendom

what did he say?

A complete asassination of AW and Arsenal. Saying the sending off made no difference to the result that Arsenal are vastly inferior to Bayern at every level. That the 5 - 1 defeat to Liverpool proves there is something deeply wrong at Arsenal.

A complete asassination of AW and Arsenal. Saying the sending off made no difference to the result that Arsenal are vastly inferior to Bayern at every level. That the 5 - 1 defeat to Liverpool proves there is something deeply wrong at Arsenal.

And I guess the 2-1 victory a week later doesnt count.

The knives are truly out this season.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,299 ✭✭✭djPSB

I wont fault any Arsenal player for their performance on that field tonight. They gave everything and believe me im not giving up on this tie.

The criticism of players is ridiculous considering we went down to ten men early enough.

Ozil strolled around the pitch. Work rate was appaling.

djPSB wrote: »

3rd highest ground covered.

• Advertisement
  • Users Awaiting Email Confirmation Posts: 15,001 ✭✭✭✭Pepe LeFrits

Ozil covered 11.69km last night, only Wilshere (11.8) and Flamini (13.53) covered more, including the Bayern players.

The Ox did nothing in the second half, I'd no problem with Wenger hooking him.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,828 ✭✭✭gosplan

The knives are truly out this season.

It's because we're going places.

Ozil covered 11.69km last night, only Wilshere (11.8) and Flamini (13.53) covered more, including the Bayern players.

The Ox did nothing in the second half, I'd no problem with Wenger hooking him.

So Flamster covered over 1.7km more than anyone on the pitch?
    That really is some workrate.
    Him and Ramsey would be the perfect team in there.

So Flamster covered over 1.7km more than anyone on the pitch?
    That really is some workrate.
    Him and Ramsey would be the perfect team in there.

Still lost Kroos for the first goal, but he was trying to do three players work.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,500 ✭✭✭Fuzzy_Dunlop

I think it's strange that people completely ignore that Ozil was very good in the last two games when ripping into him about his current form. He wasn't good last night but it seems some people are set into thinking he's poor game in game out and choose not to take notice when he plays well, as in the majority of the time.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,990 ✭✭✭wawaman

I refuse to watch any arsenal match on RTE and the only people that i would have any time for that work for them (both TV and radio) are Chippy and Sadlier to a certain extent. The rest would do well to get a job on MOTD

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,480 ✭✭✭✭cson

Flamini's stats re ground covered is insane. 13.5km in an hour and a half.

I think it's strange that people completely ignore that Ozil was very good in the last two games when ripping into him about his current form. He wasn't good last night but it seems some people are set into thinking he's poor game in game out and choose not to take notice when he plays well, as in the majority of the time.

Exactly, he tried to defend last night but it's not what he was bought for, not his fault.

Flamini chant: "he's French, he's free, he'll break your fcuking knee! Flamini, Flamini!!!

• Advertisement

Its the new trend dont you know.

So on Saturday how about this for front six.

Arteta Rosicky
    Gnabry Santi Podolski
    Giroud

Everyone who played 90 mins last night gets a break.

I like Liverpool, they're a proper club. However as with any clubs; you'll have some cocks supporting them. There's a few on here that whose only purpose seems to dig and take cheap shots at other clubs. If that's what they get their kicks out of, fair enough. Immaturity at its finest but I guess you have to get your jollies from somewhere.

Anyways; other fans having a go at us/hoping we lose (witness the Liverpool fan going "YEEESSSSS" at the 2nd goal) can only mean we're doing something right. It means we're a threat.

3rd highest ground covered.

Berbatov used to accrue similar stats for United.

There's no point jogging around just for the sake of it, it has to be done with purpose.

There's was times when he had the chance to close Bayern players down last night and instead of sprinting he strolled towards them.

cson wrote: »

Flaminis type of ground covered would be alot different to Ozils I can guarantee.

If Ozil showed half the fight thatFlamini did, he'd be grand.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,711 ✭✭✭keano_afc

So whats the consensus for the 2nd leg? Play our best team and go for it or save bodies for the tough March run in the league?

Flaminis type of ground covered would be alot different to Ozils I can guarantee.

If Ozil showed half the fight thatFlamini did, he'd be grand.

But that isn't his quality, he isn't able to defend.

His quality is setting up runners.

• Advertisement

Not too down after last night we held our own up until the sending off. If we can show that quality
    in the league we will win it.

keano_afc wrote: »
    So whats the consensus for the 2nd leg? Play our best team and go for it or save bodies for the tough March run in the league?

We play Everton in the cup 3 days before.
    Got to play our best side against Everton and then see who is fit for Munich.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,724 ✭✭✭Cartman78

Did he kick the ball at any stage or was he just running about ;)

Thought ye were a bit unlucky last night tbh, 11 vs. 11 for 90mins could have been interesting.... an early away goal in the second leg and it's game on...ye have nothing to lose at this stage

Cartman78 wrote: »
    Did he kick the ball at any stage or was he just running about ;)

Thought ye were a bit unlucky last night tbh, 11 vs. 11 for 90mins could have been interesting.... an early away goal in the second leg and it's game on...ye have nothing to lose at this stage

Yeah, you never know. Bayern are historically flaky, maybe not this version, so you never know.

2-0 is dangerous enough for them in a way; they won't be used to sitting back and defending whilst on the other hand if they go for the 3rd then they could leave themselves open at the back. One thing is for certain; Arsenal have to score first in the second leg. To that end I'd start Gnabry and Chamberlain on the wings.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,224 ✭✭✭✭Marty McFly

I like Liverpool, they're a proper club. However as with any clubs; you'll have some cocks supporting them. There's a few on here that whose only purpose seems to dig and take cheap shots at other clubs. If that's what they get their kicks out of, fair enough. Immaturity at its finest but I guess you have to get your jollies from somewhere.

Anyways; other fans having a go at us/hoping we lose (witness the Liverpool fan going "YEEESSSSS" at the 2nd goal) can only mean we're doing something right. It means we're a threat.

You'd think any Liverpool fan with half a brain would have been cheering us on last night as it would mean more games and more tired legs.

I guess some of the Liverpool trolls are to stupid to use foresight.

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement