Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Arsenal Talk/Gossip/Rumours Thread 2013/14 mod warning post #5144

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,751 ✭✭✭✭AdamD

Jack Wilshere ‏@JackWilshere 22m
    Just read I had a 'bust up' in training today! That's news to me! Anyway....who would mess with Flamini? #Nutter

:D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,431 ✭✭✭dvemail

Jack Wilshere ‏@JackWilshere 2m

Flam was not happy when I walked on the bus tonight! Sorry mate I promise to never disagree with you again!! #Angry

BhBeUdKIIAEu3JG.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 438 ✭✭Omeceron

dvemail wrote: »
    Jack Wilshere ‏@JackWilshere 2m

Flam was not happy when I walked on the bus tonight! Sorry mate I promise to never disagree with you again!! #Angry

That's the Daily Mails back page sorted for tomorrow.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 52,483 ✭✭✭✭tayto lover

I'd much prefer if all the fooling around and tweeting was put to one side and the whole team were fully focussed on the game tomorrow and getting the three points. It will not be easy tomorrow.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,536 ✭✭✭Dolph Starbeam

I'd much prefer if all the fooling around and tweeting was put to one side and the whole team were fully focussed on the game tomorrow and getting the three points. It will not be easy tomorrow.

Don't be ridiculous, would you rather everyone sitting in total silence thinking about nothing but the game?

• Advertisement

YayaBanana wrote: »
    Don't be ridiculous, would you rather everyone sitting in total silence thinking about nothing but the game?

Yes.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,478 ✭✭✭✭gnfnrhead

YayaBanana wrote: »

No-Fun-Allowed_l.1.jpg

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,382 ✭✭✭✭greendom

Yes.

The thanks was for making me laugh :D

(Is that allowed ;) )

greendom wrote: »
    The thanks was for making me laugh :D

(Is that allowed ;) )

Yes. Some lads need to lighten up.
    Their glass is always half-empty :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,012 ✭✭✭✭Alfred Borden

wearethenorthbank ‏@northbanklower 16h
    In the history of the Premier League, Mesut Özil has the best assists to games ratio of any player at any club, with one every 2.63 games.
    Interesting

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,175 ✭✭✭Paulegend

Raf32 wrote: »
    Interesting

more like misleading

http://espnfc.com/player/_/id/84775/mesut-%C3%B6zil?cc=5739
    http://www.premierleague.com/en-gb/players/profile.statistics.html/mesut-ozil

http://espnfc.com/player/_/id/7935/steven-gerrard?cc=5739
    http://www.premierleague.com/en-gb/players/profile.statistics.html/steven-gerrard

u supposedly "past it" Gerrard playing deeper this season is having more of an impact from "the best number 10 in europe"

gerrard played 1 more game than ozil

Gerrard who played his whole career in England compared to Ozil who is here only 5 months? brilliant observation there.

Gerrard who played his whole career in England compared to Ozil who is here only 5 months? brilliant observation there.

Gerrard at 33 and as most here would say is past it compared to ozil who is 25 and in the prime of his career.

but lets not let sense cloud your argument :rolleyes:

and its almost 6 months by the way :D

Paulegend wrote: »
    Gerrard at 33 and as most here would say is past it compared to ozil who is 25 and in the prime of his career.

but lets not let sense cloud your argument :rolleyes:

and its almost 6 months by the way :D

true if i had any sense i wouldnt have responded to your attempts of a wind up in the first place :rolleyes:

true if i had any sense i wouldnt have responded to your attempts of a wind up in the first place :rolleyes:

not trying to wind you up mate. im just saying that stats can be dolled up at times to show a player is playing better than he is.

for example carrick or even lucas have high pass completion rates. from their stats you would think they are amazing players. but stats dont tell you that their passes are often short 5 yard passes.

stats will tell you that suarez and aguero aside, coutinho has the most amount of shots on goal per game in the whole league. but that stat misses the fact he has scored only twice

stats are fluffed to make a point

not trying to wind you up. just saying that that stat doesnt show that ozil has been woeful lately. maybe he does just need a break. one or two games off before the big ones in march maybe?

Paulegend wrote: »
    not trying to wind you up mate. im just saying that stats can be dolled up at times to show a player is playing better than he is.

for example carrick or even lucas have high pass completion rates. from their stats you would think they are amazing players. but stats dont tell you that their passes are often short 5 yard passes.

stats will tell you that suarez and aguero aside, coutinho has the most amount of shots on goal per game in the whole league. but that stat misses the fact he has scored only twice

stats are fluffed to make a point

not trying to wind you up. just saying that that stat doesnt show that ozil has been woeful lately. maybe he does just need a break. one or two games off before the big ones in march maybe?
    sorry mate just seen others from other threads coming in here to needlessly take a dig at ozil. he has definitely underperformed and agree about the stats as Gerrard has only really turned the corner since the new year, was very poor just before christmas. Ozil definitely needs a rest though but needs pace too, hard to set up the likes of giroud who needs three chances to bury a goal.

sorry mate just seen others from other threads coming in here to needlessly take a dig at ozil. he has definitely underperformed and agree about the stats as Gerrard has only really turned the corner since the new year, was very poor just before christmas. Ozil definitely needs a rest though but needs pace too, hard to set up the likes of giroud who needs three chances to bury a goal.

oh i have given out about ozil too. but to be honest i think it may be a little harsh. i agree from what people are saying that he is probably just burnt out. i read he is yer only mid to have played all 4 games in the last couple weeks?? thats nuts.

i really would try to rest him. get him match ready for the run in. let him play the champions league but id rest him for maybe sunderland stoke and even the fa cup game against everton. he probably doesnt need that much time but imagine a frsh ozil for bayern away then spurs chelsea and city.

my comment about gerrard was again just showing how silly stats can be. gerrard cost us a lot of goals this season. his new role up to a few weeks ago was a train wreck. he got a few assists and peno goals but in truth most where talking about dropping him. he has stepped up lately but we'll see how that goes i suppose.

its like wilshere. he gets little credit because he doesnt have a lot of assists. people downt seem to talk about the amount of assists he has for the players getting the assists. jack is usually involved in the build up and that why he gets no credit. unfortunately there is no "assisting the assister" stat.

i cant believe that wenger refuses to give podo more of a chance though. as you said ozil needs pace in the team. plus playing with mert and podo at national and club level would do wonders. certainly wouldnt do any harm trying it. i do see why frustration comes out :D

• Registered Users Posts: 5,756 ✭✭✭emergingstar

For the day that's it in

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,828 ✭✭✭gosplan

You really shouldn't bother. Most people in the Liverpool thread either ignore or laugh at him at this stage.

Don't see why we can't do the same.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,573 ✭✭✭2ndcoming

Worth noting as well that if you exclude Gerrard's penalties he has less goals from play and less assists than Ozil so I don't think it is fair to say he's having more of an impact, regardless of his 13 years more experience in the league.

Especially when he's got Chewy Luis winning pens for him theatrically every second game and we get about 3 pens a year.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,043 ✭✭✭✭L'prof

Just because I'm bored. The effectiveness of our squad is as follows!

Player Goals Assists G/A Minutes MPG/A GPG/A
    Podolski 6 2 8 496 62 0.7
    Chamberlain 3 3 6 491 82 0.9
    Walcott 6 7 13 1202 92 1.0
    Ramsey 13 7 20 2217 111 1.2
    Giroud 14 7 21 2774 132 1.5
    Özil 5 12 17 2647 156 1.7
    Cazorla 6 3 9 2251 250 2.8
    Wilshere 5 4 9 2291 255 2.8

Podolski & Chamberlain to run riot for the rest of the season :D

• Registered Users Posts: 8,984 ✭✭✭Soups123

I think we'll win comfortable today. Might see Giroud back involved.

Wouldn't mind a rest for Ozil although he could tear it up today if he plays

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,305 ✭✭✭Green Hornet

I've a feeling that Ozil has hit rock bottom and the only way is up now. The criticism from fans, media and to some extent players alike have ensured that it can't get any worse. I think he may start to shine from here on in. Maybe it's just wishful thinking but Dennis went through something similar (although not as bad) during his early days with Arsenal and look how that turned out.

So sanogo wasn't injured all this time but instead was on a 4 month training programme to build him up and get him right

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,224 ✭✭✭✭Marty McFly

So sanogo wasn't injured all this time but instead was on a 4 month training programme to build him up and get him right

:confused: This a breaking story or something?

Edit: Just seen Arseblog

:confused: This a breaking story or something?

Edit: Just seen Arseblog

Wenger said it in his press conference

Be no harm saying it at the time instead of us all thinking we signed a crock :)

Wenger said it in his press conference

Be no harm saying it at the time instead of us all thinking we signed a crock :)

True but I'd say it be a case of damned if you do damned if you don't.

If Wenger announced it at the time you can be sure there would have been those giving out because we had signed a player who needed a 4 month bulk to be able to compete.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 417 ✭✭Wolf Club

I wouldn't mind Ozil being rested for today's game, he's played a serious amount of football since he has arrived and is our only midfielder who hasn't been injured/suspended. It's not as if we're badly stuck in his position, either. Cazorla is one of the best CAMs in the league. Him with Podolski and the Ox on either side should be fine.

Bergkamp at his staue unveiling.

BhE9gahIYAAzylp.jpg

BhE8xC-CcAArPzA.jpg

• Advertisement

No player more deserving. Only one man more deserving since I became a fan, Arsene

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,428 ✭✭✭.jacksparrow.

Ozil not in the squad.

Prsonally I'd like to see Ian Wright get one, I know he can grate on some people but he is Arsenal through and through.

• Administrators, Computer Games Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 32,411 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Mickeroo

Prsonally I'd like to see Ian Wright get one, I know he can grate on some people but he is Arsenal through and through.

I used to watch the video of his first 100 goals all the time.

I want to see the statue of Martin Keown pouncing on RVN! :pac:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,462 ✭✭✭✭WoollyRedHat

Ozil not in the squad.

Link please?

• Advertisement

Link please?

Some people live their links!

http://www.theguardian.com/football/2014/feb/21/arsenal-olivier-giroud-mesut-ozil-sunderland

Probably what he needed but lets hope the media don't have a frenzy.

Dropping him out of the squad is nearly the worst thing that could happen to him.
    Will wait to see the line ups later, as i doubt Wenger would completely omit him from the squad.

dvemail wrote: »
    Dropping him out of the squad is nearly the worst thing that could happen to him.
    Will wait to see the line ups later, as i doubt Wenger would completely omit him from the squad.

Yeah actually I agree, sometimes you gotta just get out and face the music.

Yeah actually I agree, sometimes you gotta just get out and face the music.

Yep this just feeds the media if true, as long as he pays no attention to that **** them I'm sure Wenger will do what's right

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,500 ✭✭✭Fuzzy_Dunlop

http://www.theguardian.com/football/2014/feb/21/arsenal-olivier-giroud-mesut-ozil-sunderland

It doesn't say anywhere in that link that he's been left out of the squad?

• Advertisement

It doesn't say anywhere in that link that he's been left out of the squad?

It says it in the first paragraph?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,243 ✭✭✭symbolic

Just the Guardian saying it though? Don't see any solid quotes from Wenger to back it up. Maybe I'm just tired!

symbolic wrote: »
    Just the Guardian saying it though? Don't see any solid quotes from Wenger to back it up. Maybe I'm just tired!

I could be wrong.

Was just putting up what I had read.

Recon there'll be recipes for this today?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,179 ✭✭✭Irish Aris

Could be a case of him being rested, being on the bench probably.

Anyway, we will know for sure in an hour or so.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,243 ✭✭✭symbolic

I could be wrong.

Was just putting up what I had read.

Ah yeah fair enough. That kinda journalism just annoys me. Maybe they are right but be odd to not just include a quote then, anyway... come on everton!

Is it just me or is Stamford bridge a eery depressing ground...

Soups123 wrote: »
    Recon there'll be recipes for this today?

There shall be plenty.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,478 ✭✭✭✭gnfnrhead

I'll be shocked if Özil doesnt at least make the bench.

• Administrators, Computer Games Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 32,411 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Mickeroo

Is it just me or is Stamford bridge a eery depressing ground...

It's the Dol Guldur to Stoke's Mordor.

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement