Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Arsenal Talk/Gossip/Rumours Thread 2013/14 mod warning post #5144

Comments

• Administrators, Computer Games Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 32,411 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Mickeroo

Fack hope Koscielny is ok.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,828 ✭✭✭gosplan

I'd say these weird subs are about rest.

Monreal is vital now. Kos can have a break.

Actually next couple of weeks good to give Verm a run out maybe.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 26,458 ✭✭✭✭gandalf

Cmon Giroud get that hat trick!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,305 ✭✭✭Green Hornet

gandalf wrote: »
    Cmon Giroud get that hat trick!

Would it be his first for Arsenal? Can't remember him getting one before,

• Registered Users Posts: 6,333 ✭✭✭bad2dabone

Would it be his first for Arsenal? Can't remember him getting one before,

yep would be his first

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,478 ✭✭✭✭gnfnrhead

gosplan wrote: »
    I'd say these weird subs are about rest.

Monreal is vital now. Kos can have a break.

Actually next couple of weeks good to give Verm a run out maybe.

Vermaelen is out injured.

• Administrators, Computer Games Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 32,411 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Mickeroo

Bollox!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,969 ✭✭✭robby^5

Szcz should have caught that, great strike though.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,333 ✭✭✭bad2dabone

super hit.

• Advertisement

Feck it had Szczesny as my FF keeper today!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,569 ✭✭✭Nemeses2050

I think Chesny needs a bit of rest as well

gandalf wrote: »
    Feck it had Szczesny as my FF keeper today!!!

Me too and Koscielny, at least Koscielny keeps the clean sheet!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 52,492 ✭✭✭✭tayto lover

Good win and an important one.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,012 ✭✭✭✭Alfred Borden

Good win, thats something we badly needed. Boys have a weeks rest and only had to play a half today so if the injuries are ok we should be in good shape.

Good win and an important one.

Yep very happy with that! One game at a time now!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,431 ✭✭✭dvemail

Nice win. Giroud looked much better today.
    Just hope Monreal and Kos are ok.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,382 ✭✭✭✭greendom

Sagna proved today why he would be an asset for virtually any team. Right back, left back and centre back today and accomplished in all 3 positions. We need to do all we can to keep hold of him

Delighted with the win. F*cking sick that chelsea won and nearly ruined the birthday weekend.

In our hands!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,382 ✭✭✭✭greendom

Wilshere's hamstring is just suspected to be tight, not pulled.

Kos has a slight back injury and Monreal a slight foot problem, but both expected to be back for next week's game. Good news all round.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 5,428 ✭✭✭.jacksparrow.

Some dive from ramiries earlier.

They get the job done.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,984 ✭✭✭Soups123

It's great they get a week off this week the schedule has been physically and mentally challenging. I think a lot of people under estimated how mentally tiring it can be to play in 3 competitions at the top level over the one week

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 53,262 ✭✭✭✭GavRedKing

They get the job done.

It was such a good dive alright, after the contact from Jagelika he went down.

Dont think that counts as a dive but carry on regardless.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,751 ✭✭✭✭AdamD

GavRedKing wrote: »

He kicked Jagielka, Ramires' signature move.

AdamD wrote: »
    He kicked Jagielka, Ramires' signature move.

I'm afraid I'm going to need proof, I only seen it in normal time, my stream died before the free and goal was scored but Jagelika looked like he clearly stopped Ramires run.

I'm afraid I'm going to need proof, I only seen it in normal time, my stream died before the free and goal was scored but Jagelika looked like he clearly stopped Ramires run.

I saw it your honour it was a kick

Soups123 wrote: »
    I saw it your honour it was a kick

I havent seen a replay and cant find any outrage online so I dont think it is in the same category as the WBA one if it is a dive.

I havent seen a replay and cant find any outrage online so I dont think it is in the same category as the WBA one if it is a dive.

Tbh the goal is scored in the next phase of play anyway was poorly defended.

It was soft FK but I'd take it all day long for my team!

And were off....

Anyway great win today, were most definitely in this title race!

• Advertisement

And were off....

Even if ye dropped points today ye'd still be in the race theres plenty of points to win and lose for the next few weeks.

1 result wont end any of the top 4's title hopes at this stage its so tight.

Even if ye dropped points today ye'd still be in the race theres plenty of points to win and lose for the next few weeks.

You should tell Jose that!

No but after 2 losses in the last two weeks it was important to show were still in it.

Especially as most pundits love to write arsenal off in February.

Job done great win.

Yeah, even though yourselves and City won today it still showed there's no guaranteed easy games this season.

You should tell Jose that!

No but after 2 losses in the last two weeks it was important to show were still in it.

Especially as most pundits love to write arsenal off in February.

Job done great win.

We only lost the Pool game, though it felt like a loss we drew with united!

We only lost the Pool game, though it felt like a loss we drew with united!

We lost to bayern. I know you know that.

Still counts as a defeat.

We lost to bayern. I know you know that.

Still counts as a defeat.

Thought you were talking league

• Advertisement

Thought you were talking league

No bother wires crossed!

Anyway great win, we have such s good chance for the league

• Registered Users Posts: 5,756 ✭✭✭emergingstar

A nice week off now

Happy with that win

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,829 ✭✭✭✭Panthro

And were off....

I believe it was yourself who got the ball rolling on that one buddy in fairness!:pac:
    Say something such as what you said below and that could be considered contro, and it will normally get a response.

They get the job done.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,012 ✭✭✭✭Alfred Borden

85 points to win the league?

Panthro wrote: »
    I believe it was yourself who got the ball rolling on that one buddy in fairness!:pac:
    Say something such as what you said below and that could be considered contro, and it will normally get a response.

But but...

It was a dive.

Buddy!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,829 ✭✭✭✭Panthro

But but...

It was a dive.

Buddy!

Naaaaaa...:D

Panthro wrote: »
    Naaaaaa...:D

Ya I've seen it again, wasnt a dive at all.

Vela is ripping Barca to shreds. Deserves a goal at least.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,553 ✭✭✭Spanish Johnny

Ya I've seen it again, wasnt a dive at all.

Dive or no dive it doesn't matter. Fair play to Chelsea for scoring in next play. Excellent moment for them in the Title Race and I think it will be very significant.

We did well today. That had the potential to be tricky but we cruised through. Stoke away is a huge game now. We need 3 there going into the 4 horrible ones after.

Stoke at home have beaten Chelsea and United and drawn with Man City. Not easy. A win there will boost us ahead of FA Cup, Spurs away and then Chelsea away...Arsene's 1000th game if I am not mistaken.

Dive or no dive it doesn't matter. Fair play to Chelsea for scoring in next play. Excellent moment for them in the Title Race and I think it will be very significant.

We did well today. That had the potential to be tricky but we cruised through. Stoke away is a huge game now. We need 3 there going into the 4 horrible ones after.

Stoke at home have beaten Chelsea and United and drawn with Man City. Not easy. A win there will boost us ahead of FA Cup, Spurs away and then Chelsea away...Arsene's 1000th game if I am not mistaken.

Whats going to be pivotal for us and Liverpool, is that game at Anfield in April, its the 35th of the season and could decide where the league goes, one way or the other.

their home record is very good this year, 3rd best in the league I think so getting anything their could be key.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,553 ✭✭✭Spanish Johnny

Whats going to be pivotal for us and Liverpool, is that game at Anfield in April, its the 35th of the season and could decide where the league goes, one way or the other.

their home record is very good this year, 3rd best in the league I think so getting anything their could be key.

Fair point Gav but surely us against you at the Bridge in a couple of weeks will be just as important in terms of where it all stands by then. Ye have Spurs before that too. Would not count against ye but bar the Man City away game ye have not been going very well. (Fully aware that can be interpreted as a good sign too but to a limit surely?)

Fair point Gav but surely us against you at the Bridge in a couple of weeks will be just as important in terms of where it all stands by then. Ye have Spurs before that too. Would not count against ye but bar the Man City away game ye have not been going very well. (Fully aware that can be interpreted as a good sign too but to a limit surely?)

I think either of us could drop points at the Bridge and will still be possible to make up points, for both teams but that game against the Pool is the one I fear the most, if its this close going down that home stretch I'd really be uncomfortable having to go to Anfield and at match or better what Arsenal or City have done result wise, on the same day.

If we are still there or thereabout after the Everton game, I think we'll win it.

West Ham (H), Hull (A), Newcastle (H), West Brom (H), Norwich (A) plus Swansea (H) will probably be in there somewhere. No reason we cant get 18 out of that. Chelsea have to play Liverpool (A) and will probably have Champions League to worry about for another while. City meanwhile have Liverpool (A) and Everton (A). Liverpool obviously have to play both Chelsea and City.

It looks like we have the best run in so staying as close as possible is incredibly important.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,205 ✭✭✭Gringo180

Our 3rd goal today was just magnificent, that is football played at its finest. Take a bow lads, great performance today!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,305 ✭✭✭Green Hornet

For the first time all season, MOTD gave Arsenal some decent credit. They singled Giroud out for special praise as well.

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement