Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Arsenal Talk/Gossip/Rumours Thread 2013/14 mod warning post #5144

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,216 ✭✭✭Looper007

CatInABox wrote: »
    Gnabry got a goal against Shakhtar for the under-19s too, a nice night for developing Arsenal talents.

The Arsenal lad's do well in CL Youth cup don't they.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,480 ✭✭✭✭cson

I don't know, RVP has his League medal and more money than we we're paying him so I doubt he regrets the move much. That being said; I wouldn't be surprised if the little boy inside him started screaming City/Chelsea/Real/PSG come summertime.

Campbell could be useful for next season. Cazorla/Poldi/Walcott/Gnabry/Campbell for the wing positions? I suspect Chamberlain's future is in the centre for him from next season on. I'd still take a top class winger if one was going though.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 10,403 Mod ✭✭✭✭CatInABox

Looper007 wrote: »
    The Arsenal lad's do well in CL Youth cup don't they.

Yeah, 3-1 to set up a nice trip to Barcelona.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,478 ✭✭✭✭gnfnrhead

cson wrote: »
    I don't know, RVP has his League medal and more money than we we're paying him so I doubt he regrets the move much. That being said; I wouldn't be surprised if the little boy inside him started screaming City/Chelsea/Real/PSG come summertime.

Is one medal really worth it? Arsenal are in a position to challenge for many years. United look like they have a few years of rebuilding ahead of them. Considering his age, he could be gone before they are challenging again.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,333 ✭✭✭bad2dabone

re: RVP it just goes to show you shouldn't take advice from small children.

and he blems it over.

arf.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,516 ✭✭✭jonneymendoza

HAHA RVP MISSED LOL!!

I think personally he was expecting to rack up those title medals and get himself a CL medal, I do think the money he gets paid will probably smooth over those cracks. I doubt City would want him either would Real. But it wouldn't surprise me, he doesn't have it in him for the battle like a lot of Dutch players. But it makes me smile a little that it's going all wrong for him.

gnfnrhead wrote: »
    Is one medal really worth it? Arsenal are in a position to challenge for many years. United look like they have a few years of rebuilding ahead of them. Considering his age, he could be gone before they are challenging again.

Well as of now its more than any of his former teammates have won. Hopefully we'll prove him wrong this season and the next etc.

Yeah, 3-1 to set up a nice trip to Barcelona.

didn't the Aston Villa youths win it last year. We always get the tough matches.

• Advertisement

Campbell could be useful for next season. Cazorla/Poldi/Walcott/Gnabry/Campbell for the wing positions? I suspect Chamberlain's future is in the centre for him from next season on. I'd still take a top class winger if one was going though.

Seeing as we offered Ozil near enough same amount as RVP. it goes to show that HAD RVP stayed with us, we would have offered him same money he is on now and yet he would be a legend here and would have won a medel for us. patience is key. arsenal were on the way up financially and look at RVP now. had he been playing alongside Ozil, the league would have been wrapped up and he would have got his medel that would mean a lot more to him then just jumping ship to the most likeliest team to win it instead of sticking to a club trying to win it against the odds

1896803_10203154958980060_1766171687_n.jpg

There's nothing to say we'd have won this season or last season with him. Maybe we wouldn't have signed Ozil - I mean look at the last transfer window, clear as day we needed bodies to kick on and challenge on all 3 fronts and we got a loanee with a broken back.

Seeing as we offered Ozil near enough same amount as RVP. it goes to show that HAD RVP stayed with us, we would have offered him same money he is on now and yet he would be a legend here and would have won a medel for us. patience is key. arsenal were on the way up financially and look at RVP now. had he been playing alongside Ozil, the league would have been wrapped up and he would have got his medel that would mean a lot more to him then just jumping ship to the most likeliest team to win it instead of sticking to a club trying to win it against the odds

But especially the time we put into him after all his injuries and stop start career at Arsenal until the last Season and a half, he could have given it other two seasons at least. I think he would have left even if we offered him the big money. He wanted to win medals but it's just makes me smile that Utd team won't be getting back to it's best for another two or three seasons and by then Van Persie won't be at his best.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,187 ✭✭✭GeorgeBailey

I don't think Van Persie would regret leaving Arsenal as such but I'd say he regrets going to Utd.

I don't think Van Persie would regret leaving Arsenal as such but I'd say he regrets going to Utd.

he regrets fergie retiring tbh.

• Advertisement

There's nothing to say we'd have won this season or last season with him. Maybe we wouldn't have signed Ozil - I mean look at the last transfer window, clear as day we needed bodies to kick on and challenge on all 3 fronts and we got a loanee with a broken back.

There is because quite frankly Ozil is not the reason we have been challenging for teh title, Ramsey, wilshere, cazola, Girud to an extent and our CB's are. Had RVP been in that team minus Ozil we would have been well off.

think about it. When RVP was at arsenal, our defence was shambolic and our midfield average but now our Defence is the best in the league and our midfield is really strong. misisng piece is RVP and he should have been patient.

he wont win another trophy anymore in his career.

bad2dabone wrote: »
    he regrets fergie retiring tbh.

I think this, Fergie probably told him he would be around for a few years before Van Persie signed on the dotted line. Now he knows he's in a team that's going to rebuild with a Manager that hasn't won a thing. At 31, it's not actually something he signed up for cause he left a Team because of that reason.

I agree he would have left anyway, he wanted out once Fabergas left imo. He knew this team wasn't winning stuff.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 26,458 ✭✭✭✭gandalf

Oh god I really hope United don't fire Moyes.

Great goal by Campbell. Just confirming the reason he is out on loan is because we can't get a visa for him at the moment?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,478 ✭✭✭✭gnfnrhead

gandalf wrote: »
    Oh god I really hope United don't fire Moyes.

Fergie picked him. I reckon he gets next season before they do anything.

They have to fire him. He's doing a ****E job. really ****e.

• Advertisement

They have to fire him. He's doing a ****E job. really ****e.

It's a impossible Job. Fergie left him with a poor squad really. Most of the players don't believe in Moyes. It takes time to build a squad plus Moyes hasn't won anything as a Manager so it's going take time. Will he be given it? possibly. Utd fan's have to be patient.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,379 ✭✭✭Maire2009

BhWeDzRCAAA98Wl.jpg

Looper007 wrote: »
    It's a impossible Job. Fergie left him with a poor squad really. Most of the players don't believe in Moyes. It takes time to build a squad plus Moyes hasn't won anything as a Manager so it's going take time. Will he be given it? possibly. Utd fan's have to be patient.

i reckon it was a hard job, sure, but they're a very rich club with a huge reputation who could have sorted their midfield issues in the summer with some moves in the transfer market. as has been said many times before that squad walked the league last year. and have had 80m worth of players added - fellaini, mata, zaha, the uruguayan fullback lad.

i reckon it was a hard job, sure, but they're a very rich club with a huge reputation who could have sorted their midfield issues in the summer with some moves in the transfer market. as has been said many times before that squad walked the league last year. and have had 80m worth of players added - fellaini, mata, zaha, the uruguayan fullback lad.

Zaha was a Fergie signing, I don't think Moyes fancied him really but his daughter did :p.

Fellaini wasn't needed by Utd and it seemed like a last minute rush buy.

Mata was a class signing and I still think Chelsea were mad letting him go.

During the Summer he needs to stamp his authority and live and die by his decisions. If he fails then get rid but he needs another season.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,300 ✭✭✭HazDanz

Is this the united thread? Waaaaaaay too much fergie/moyes/RvP talk.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,435 ✭✭✭wandatowell

Why all the utd/rvp bashing? Its boring

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,300 ✭✭✭HazDanz

Does anyone know when Ramsey is actually planned back?

Have to say his injury has pissed me off the most this season. What looked like a three week stint (I know) on the sidelines has turned into months.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,751 ✭✭✭✭AdamD

HazDanz wrote: »

Have to say his injury has pissed me off the most this season. What looked like a three week stint (I know) on the sidelines has turned into months.

Read an article earlier that had him targeting a return for Spurs away.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,569 ✭✭✭Nemeses2050

HazDanz wrote: »

According to Metro UK, he could be back for Spurs game...

http://metro.co.uk/2014/02/25/arsenal-boost-as-aaron-ramsey-targets-tottenham-return-4317886/

Why all the utd/rvp bashing? Its boring

It's boring but good to see the sucker suffer :D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,621 ✭✭✭Jaafa

With utds season basically over at this point what would people think about making a sneaky bid for kagawa in the summer? Excellent option to have if the draxler deal doesn't work out.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,553 ✭✭✭Spanish Johnny

I genuinely feel sorry for David Moyes. I know he hasn't helped himself but I can't imagine the strain he is under and the stress he feels.

I said after I came home from the Arsenal United game that I never realised how bad United had become until I saw the body language up close and was shocked. RVP and a few more just don't seem to want to play for him.

Two options for United: Let him clear out the lads that aren't doing it including RVP or succumb to player apathy and sack him through a inverse form form of player power.

It actually bodes negative for us that they are gone so bad at this stage given they have Liverpool and City to play.

Jaafa wrote: »
    With utds season basically over at this point what would people think about making a sneaky bid for kagawa in the summer? Excellent option to have if the draxler deal doesn't work out.

defo as a longer term replacement for the likes of Mozart. I'd be happy with him.
    United dont sell to rivals though.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,621 ✭✭✭Jaafa

defo as a longer term replacement for the likes of Mozart. I'd be happy with him.

Things change, as they now know all too well.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,553 ✭✭✭Spanish Johnny

Programme on the Invincibles on Sky. It warms the heart. Pires was a gloriously graceful footballer.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,009 ✭✭✭kronsington

I had actually forgotten we had Joel Campbell on the books.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,456 ✭✭✭astonaidan

Guess that means Villa wont be getting Young back next season:mad:, not sure how that would relate to a Kagawa/Arsenal deal :pac:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,751 ✭✭✭✭AdamD

Guillem Balague ‏@GuillemBalague 10h
    Morata has agreed to join Arsenal IF, I repeat IF, I insist IF, clubs agree fee. He will push for Madrid to accept Arsenal's offer

Kinda random timing. Don't think hes overly reliable but you rarely get transfer news in February!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,428 ✭✭✭.jacksparrow.

AdamD wrote: »
    Morata has agreed to join Arsenal IF, I repeat IF, I insist IF, clubs agree fee. He will push for Madrid to accept Arsenal's offer

Kinda random timing. Don't think hes overly reliable but you rarely get transfer news in February!

As long as him and another top striker arrive, grand.

• Advertisement
  • Administrators, Computer Games Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 32,412 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Mickeroo

As long as him and another top striker arrive, grand.

Can't see them buying another if that's true especially with Sanogo showing potential. Draxler will be the big money signing.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,428 ✭✭✭.jacksparrow.

Mickeroo wrote: »
    Can't see them buying another I'd that's true especially with Sanogo showing potential. Draxler will be the big money signing.

Never thought of it like that but it makes sense alright.

• Users Awaiting Email Confirmation Posts: 15,001 ✭✭✭✭Pepe LeFrits

Never thought of it like that but it makes sense alright.
    No it doesn't!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,264 ✭✭✭✭jester77

AdamD wrote: »

In the bag then!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,493 ✭✭✭ronjo

Ronjo @Ronjo 1m
    Messi will join Arsenal IF he agrees and IF clubs agree a fee.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 10,403 Mod ✭✭✭✭CatInABox

ronjo wrote: »
    Ronjo @Ronjo 1m
    Messi will join Arsenal IF he agrees and IF clubs agree a fee.

Pffft.... That Ronjo fella is one of the worst ITKs.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,493 ✭✭✭ronjo

Pffft.... That Ronjo fella is one of the worst ITKs.

Talks completely out of his arse most of the time........ this one might have legs though :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 5,756 ✭✭✭emergingstar

The more I think about we're not going to sign a mobile striker

A morata or draxlar makes sense to the way wenger wants to play, target mns up top with pace coming of the wings

So I think we won't go big on a striker but we will on other areas on the field

• Registered Users Posts: 8,984 ✭✭✭Soups123

The more I think about we're not going to sign a mobile striker

A morata or draxlar makes sense to the way wenger wants to play, target mns up top with pace coming of the wings

So I think we won't go big on a striker but we will on other areas on the field

I fear your right, but I also wonder why as his only successes with Arsenal came from havng a front man with pace that ran in behind. Wright, Henry and Anelka where deadly running off the shoulder

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,573 ✭✭✭2ndcoming

I think the ideal is both, but it's hard to come by. A player who has the pace in his locker but the intelligence to know when to hold it up and bring other players into the game, and the strength to do it.

Only the rarest of players tick all the boxes.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,756 ✭✭✭emergingstar

Soups123 wrote: »
    I fear your right, but I also wonder why as his only successes with Arsenal came from havng a front man with pace that ran in behind. Wright, Henry and Anelka where deadly running off the shoulder

When ya think back rvp, ade, then giroud all great hold up players but not blessed with great pace

His philosophy had changed look even eat sanogo, so I don't think we will get the striker we all crave

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement